- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Took awhile to figure out where I wanted this to go.  Hope you all enjoy.

It’s an odd feeling knowing the weight of your world is upon your shoulders.  It is a completely different feeling knowing the weight of so many other worlds fall upon your shoulder.  The gravity of this was not lost on Rektor as he peered into the mirror in the planning room dubbed the War Room.  The battle for Narn and better said the battle of the future was only 12 hours away.  He considered his eyes and looked back into where he came from.  Abandonment from his old clan, the years of loneliest, the thoughts of suicide and meeting Alexis. 

“Rektor, are you all right?”  Alexis noticed her lover lost in thought and blankly staring at his reflection in the mirror.  She knew that he internalized this battle and blamed himself for it ever getting as bad as it is now.  What words could she use to make him feel better, alas there were no words.

“I’m sorry Alexis.”  Rektor turned away from the mirror and sighed.  What if his plans were wrong, what if he was the wrong person to lead this make shift army against his brother’s clan.  What if he had killed himself after his banishment, none of this would take place.  There is one constant in this upcoming blood bath and it was him. 

“You can always talk to me, I may not have the best advice but I will listen.”  Alexis offered her hand and Rektor climbed on as he had done a hundred of times before.  The two exited the War Room after he had given his approval for the final battle.  Amber, Kim and Sarah all agreed everyone take some time to get themselves into the right frame of mind. 

Sarah set her quick plan into action with the help of Kim and Ana.  Amber went to her clan and double checked her armor and weaponry and said there was to be an inspection in five hours to ensure discipline for the upcoming fight.  Alexis and Rektor strode along the path that Kim had made so she can get some alone time to think.  The path was beautiful and followed the big trees which even reached as high as Alexis’s head.  The trees were in full bloom and the smell of nature was enthralling to those who took notice.  The message from the trees Rektor thought was no matter what occurred that nature will be ok, that it was in control.  The arrogance of those who inhabited the land did not take away from the simple belief that Nature was in control. 

“Life was never this complex when I was alone.  I was lonely but I had only one concern and that was me.  It sounds selfish but it was an easier time, a simplier time.”  Rektor tried to explain to his gigantic lover. 

“It isn’t selfish to want life to be simple, but it is selfish to run from your beliefs and responsibilities.  I have known you for a while now and you have never run from your beliefs.”  Alexis brought her tiny lover in her palm up to her face and puffed her lips and brought him closer and gave a slow kiss covering his whole body.  “I believe in you Rektor.”  Rektor leaned forward and hugged Alexi’s lips and smiled.  He had his answer to what he had to do, protect her, protect everyone he held dear. 

As the two lovers made the way back to camp he saw his whole family, his sisters and he saw his mother on the right side of Sarah.  Sarah was wearing a dress and had a look of pure joy at a time of concern.  The whole area had ceased production of anything important concerning the upcoming battle and the vehicles lined up for what looked like a ceremony.  The glimmer of the eyes standing awaiting the unlikely couple was awe-inspiring.  The glimmer of hope that with these two bridging the gap between women and men, that if they believed in them they would be victorious was obvious.

“This may not be the time but with what is coming and the uknown I feel like this is needed.”  Sarah spoke with a calmness that Rektor and Alexis have grown to admire.  She looked up to Alexis and then to Rektor and smiled.  “We are here for a short time to follow an old tradition.  The wedding of Rektor the Leaper and Alexis and the Giantess.”  Both Alexis and Rektor had heard of a marriage ceremony from stories passed down.  Neither thou thought they would ever see one much less participate in the ceremony. 

Alexis opened her palm and Rektor made the 50-foot jump landing on her soft, smooth palm with the grace of a master.  The palm raised him up to her perch atop of shoulder as Kim brought her palm down allowing Sarah a chance to climb on as she raised her hand allowing Sarah full view of everything as she conducted the ceremony.

“Do you Rektor, take Alexis as your wife, to love and hold forever till death do you part?”  Sarah asked.

“I do, forever, till death do us part.”  Rektor said fully comprehending the joy in his heart.

“Do you Alexis, take Rektor as your husband, to love and hold forever till death do you part?”  Sarah Asked. 

“I do, forever, till death do us part.”  Alexis replied with tears rolling down her cheeks.  The dream of all little girls has finally become her reality.  She was wed to get best friend and lover. 

“By the power in me, by Narn, the female clan and from the friendship we have built I proudly announce you man and wife, for better or worse, till death do you part.  You may now kiss the brider.”  As Sarah finished Alexis turned her head and Rektor leaned into kiss his new bride.  As the soliders cheered, the giantesses cried and Kim held her breath seeing her son be so happy.

Rektor smiled at his beautiful wife Alexis but a ringing in the back of his head kept his focus.  Till death do you part.  This was a surprise but he knew he was going to have to concentrate on what comes next.  But the words kept ringing and ringing in his head.  “Till death do you part”.