- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

With Alexis, Amber and Rektor out fighting the male clan here is what is happening back at Narn.

We have done everything that we can and now we just need to wait until Rektor returns with Alexis and his sister, with a huge male clan in tow ready to kill all of us Sarah thought.  She knew she wasn’t getting as much sleep as she should have in the last week since it was discovered a male clan was on an attack trajectory.  She spent most of her time in the make shift war room in the facility by the radio communicating with General Rektor.  It wasn’t her idea to give him the title of General but of the guards he plays poker with, either way she wanted him back, he had a calming effect on everyone.

Kim has been amazing and has raised the defensive capabilities of Narn to a higher point.  She has taken over the whole security of the facility and is now the commander for the defenses.  I asked her why she gave up on her walk to be here and protect the normal humans.  All she responded with was she liked to play hide and seek with the children.  Kim is now outside greeting her daughter Kim who managed to move her whole clan, woman and children, all varying degrees of size from ten foot toddlers to the 65-70 foot giantesses.  Her daughter Ana got them here two days ahead of schedule.  Not bad, I can see why Kim said Amber is far better suited for leadership but Ana is all about results. 

The other part in all of this is the balancing of egos and past uncertainties.  Sarah walked over to the coffee maker and filled herself a fresh cup of joe.  It was ten minutes before her morning walk with Kim, something both have accidentally found out they like to do with one another.  It happened a little over a week ago, when Kim almost stepped on Sarah as both were lost in thought walking in the woods.  After Kim profusely apologized and explained she isn’t used to tiny humans walking around the two walkers shared a laugh.  Sarah found the wisdom of Kim to be comforting and Kim found Sarah to be like a daughter, just a lot smaller.  As Kim exited the facility she saw Kim standing there talking to another giantess.  Kim’s old clan arrived over the middle of the night and most were still asleep.  Since the main attack wasn’t for two days Kim suggested that it would be best to let them sleep.  They will need it.

“Ah, Sarah, nice to see you didn’t forget our walk or your beverage and odd mug you always drink it out of?”  The three started on their 30-minute walk with the giantess woman walking much slower as to not make Sarah feel like a burden. 

“I wouldn’t miss our walk for the world and this is coffee.” Sarah raised her mug up to her mouth and took a small sip of her black coffee.  “As for the mug that the coffee is in, it is a family handy down.  It was made after a sports team called the Buffalo Bills.  I guess drinking my coffee from it everyday reminds me that at one time we didn’t a world of giants and war.  So, Kim, are you going to introduce me again to your daughter Ana?”

“So, you remember me?”  Ana’s ears perked.  Out of all of Kim’s children it was Ana that wanted to learn the most.  She was tired but wanted to be with her mother and felt that talking to Sarah again would only help her people.

“Well, I don’t need to give introductions then, but I can say I am so proud of you Ana bringing the clan with such efficiently down here shows the kind of woman you have become.”  Kim put her hand upon her daughter’s chest and smiled.  “Sarah how about you explain the defenses to my daughter while we are on the walk?”

“No shop talk on the walk, you know the rule.”  Sarah said as she stopped and admired a mother and baby deer in the distant.  The mother and daughter giantesses stopped and had to smirk that this little woman just said no to them.

“What is shop talk?”  The confused Ana looked up to her mother Kim.

“It’s a normal saying, these normal have a saying for everything.  Ok, after the walk we will go into detail about the defenses.  To which Sarah gave a head nod.

“Ana, welcome, I’m sorry about changing the subject however this is the only 30 minutes a day I get where I don’t have to answer a question about work, I just don’t want to give that up.”  Sarah continued her walk with her giant companions.  “So, you have been here for about 12 hours, what do you think?”

“Everything is so small.”  Ana said with a bluntness Sarah has come to expect from a 70-foot giantess.

“We prefer the word intimate or cozy.”  Sarah countered with a laugh.

“Honey” Kim started off “You have to be careful with what you say to normals, they are far more quick witted than anyone I have met in the clan.  And, your brother I have found is the quickest witted of them all. 

“I’ll remember that, and this whole thing about having a brother.  I saw him briefly before he departed with Alexis.  That just, wow, so they are actually in love?”  Ana and Kim are still grappling with that word love.  For the longest time in the clans love wasn’t really a thing, especially amongst a man and a woman. 

“Yes, they are in love and I have a surprise for both and the whole clans that are arriving here if we live past this.”  Sarah had the biggest smirk on her face thinking of those two. 

“What other clans?”  Ana asked thinking she had another female clan on the move.

“They aren’t actually called clans but I figured I’d call them that because of the culture barrier.  But all the normal facilities across this coast is sending up every guard they can spare to defend this place.  Some have already arrived and balancing their egos and their preconceived notions of female clans when they saw you walk into Narn hasn’t been easy, but don’t get me started on shop talk.”  Sarah knew she only had a few more minutes of her walk left and she took the final sip of her coffee from her Buffalo Bills coffee mug. 

“Sorry, can you tell me about my brother and that giant Alexis?”  Ana said with an interest that Kim had not seen from any of her daughters about a man ever. 

“Those two, haha, well I’ll start with Alexis.”  The trio took the bend and saw the facility at the end of the path they were walking on.  “She nearly destroyed our first facility.  She was so enraged that we had kidnapped her lover that she tracked us, which is impressive for a giantess and it was Rektor that calmed her down before she did any more damage.  Alexis for all of her size and for all of her power and I have heard stories from Rektor when Alexis loses control of her temper of exactly how powerful she is, but for all of that, she treats me like an equal.”  Sarah didn’t need to look up to see that Ana had a confused look on her face, it was often in the female clans that power in the clan is a direct correlation between size and position.  “The other thing that stands out to me is her yearning to learn.  Last time I talked to Rektor over the radio I told him to pass on her final grade for reading and writing.  She passed with a 100 out of a 100.  Rektor refused to pass it on and instead held the tiny radio up to her ear.  I can just picture her doing her little happy dance she does when she gets excited.”  Sarah stopped just outside of the facility.  And saw two guards run up to give status reports and this and that, but knew the rule not to interfere until Sarah said her walk was over.

“As for Rektor, I can’t imagine his childhood knowing that as a teen you would be pushed out into nothing.  But here he is a child who was left for dead is now the reason that we have a female clan ready to defend a normal facility with guards from across the coast to fight alongside woman who are 75 feet tall.  It is all because of him and what he represents.  Oh, and he is the best poker player I have ever seen, and before you ask I plan on teaching and setting up a poker night for all adult’s no matter their size.”  Sarah turned to Kim and gave her the little head nod that she does and she received one back from Kim.  Both women at the same time breathed in and said a little self-affirmation to get them thru today without having to kill anyone and turned and started on their way.  Kim had to ensure that the female clan and normal guards were going to work and fight in unison.  Sarah had convinced another facility down the way to accept the giantess toddlers and the ones unable to fight.  They must be headed out today to prevent them from being tangled in the battle.  Just as the two took their first step off they heard Ana ask one more question.

“You mentioned a surprise for Rektor and Alexis, what is it?”  Ana was always one to have to ask a question after the mood had already turned.

“Oh nothing,” Sarah said with a smile.  “We are just planning a wedding and before you ask I’ll explain what that is tomorrow if you want to join me on my walk.”