- Text Size +
A brief look at Zeke and Beverly three years ago...






---
Zeke started to steer from his sleep. He got up from the bed Beverly had given him and stretched. He went over to the upturned bottle cap on the left of the bed where there was fresh water and doused his face with it. To his right stood a full length mirror meant for a normal-sized person such as himself. How Beverly managed to bring this mirror here without shattering it was a mystery but one that he never bothered to asked fearing who she had to kill just to get it. 





He stared at himself and sighed. The reflection portrayed the same face he became accustom to seeing. Tired, emotionless eyes. A complete contrast to his former self before he was single. He was a man who believed a person should do whatever they want as long as that "whatever" makes them happy.





He was not one to judge or reprimand someone for their way of life and his girlfriend, Beverly, was no exception. However, her destructive behavior was taking its toll on him. Whenever she terrorized a city, there were screams, pleads for mercy, gulps from his girlfriend's throat as she swallowed innocents. 





It haunted him. He hated every minute of it for it was too cruel. Yet he beared it. He pretended not to care all so his girlfriend could be happy. His feelings for her were real and not just out of fear for his own life but of fear of suppressing his companion's joy. Despite knowing it was wrong, he knew his girlfriend enjoyed killing people and destroying property.





The door opened and Beverly stepped in covering her eyes with her dainty French tipped hand. She wore a Pink name brand sweat pants that were black with the letters "pink" written at the side and wore a white tank top. Her messy locks of golden hair indicated she had woken up not so long ago.





"Gale, you awake? Your not using the cap, are you?" She said, her hand covering her face to give her boyfriend his privacy. Zeke chuckled at the sight. She was almost always thoughtful when around him. "Just one minute, I think the cap's clogged, we're gonna have to call the plumber again."





Beverly took her hand from her face and rolled her eyes, giving Zeke a sneer. "Haha, very funny, smartass." She said walking over to her tiny boyfriend.







Zeke grinned, streching again as he gazed up at Beverly's towering figure. Although Zeke was a decent fellow, even he couldn't resist staring at her gracious mounds without having a slight erection form in his navy blue sweatpants. Beverly lowered herself to Zeke's level, her large breasts jiggling slightly as she did. 





"Well, I came up to see if you were awake. I made chocalate chip pancakes so you better have a big appetite." She said, smiling as she poked Zeke's shirtless stomach with her nail. Zeke staggered back a little from the poke, looking up at his lover with suspicion. He scratched his messy dread covered hair for a moment before snickering. Beverly rose an eyebrow to this.





"What? What's so funny?" She asked.





Zeke shook his head. "No...no, forget it. Its nothing."




"Tell me." Beverly begged.





"Its just, I didn't think you could cook."





"Pssst! Anyone could make pancakes." She responded.





"Even a ditz like you?"





"Fuck off!"





Zeke laughed as he retrieved his beanie off the bed. "Come on Princess, let's see them pancakes."




---
Beverly held the tiny man in her palm with utter gentleness as they made their way down the stairs and into the kitchen. Zeke was rewarded with the sweet aroma of chocolate chip pancakes. Beverly placed him on the kitchen table where a stack of pancakes the size of a hill resided on. Zeke wasted no time and grabbed a handful, dipping it in syrup as he ate.





Beverly took a fork from the drawer before watching the little man eat. She smiled tenderly at him. "Good, huh?" She said, cutting a piece of the stack and stuffing it into her mouth.





Zeke nodded, enthusiastically. "Dude! These are like the best pancakes I ever tasted!"




Beverly smirked. "Suddenly I'm not so ditzy, huh?"





Zeke chuckled. "No, your still ditzy. You did say anyone could make pancakes."





"Idiot."





"I love you too, babe."



---
As Zeke continued eating, his eyes started to drift to Beverly's throat. He watched her masticated her food nonchalantly before she swallowed. Zeke shivered. That throat of hers had sent many to a horrible fate, something Zeke couldn't erase from his memory. 





"You OK, gummy bear? You want something to drink?" Beverly asked.





Zeke looked up quickly. "Ah...sure. You got any OJ?"





"Sure. I was just thinking, what do you think I should wear today? I wanted to try out that new top I got but I think its a little too tight, ya know?"





Zeke gulped. He knew where this was going. "Hey, babe. You think I could just stay in and watch some T.V.? I'm feeling kinda lazy." He said.





After unscrewing the bottle cap off a water bottle and filling it up with orange juice, Beverly brought it to Zeke with a anxious look on her face. "You... you wanna stay in? I thought you said you wanted to go out with me yesterday?" 





Zeke was feeling the butterflies again. "I know... its just I'm not feeling well today."





"Gale, you could stay in but you know my mom's coming over this afternoon, right? You know how she feels about you. It really isn't safe here for you when I'm not around." She said.





"I'll go back to my dorm, then." Zeke blurted out.





Beverly sighed. "Gale, what's wrong? Your acting funny."




"Its nothing."





"Come on, you could tell me."





"I don't wanna talk about it right now. Could you just leave me here? I'll take a chance with your mom."




Beverly shook her head then sighed. "Look, if you really don't feel well, I'll stay with you then but just for today." She said, giving him a warm smile.





Zeke looked up at her with guilt. What did I do to deserve a awesome girl like her? He thought. "No, you don't have to do that. Forget what I said, I'll go with you." He said, forcing a smile.





Beverly beamed at that making Zeke's heart melt. He couldn't deprive her of her happiness no matter how sick the carnage she caused made him. Beverly picked up her miniscule boyfriend and gave him a wet smooch. 






"That's why I love you so much, pookie! Come on, after I'm done, we'll get some ice cream, sounds good?"






"Sure." Zeke responded with a smile. As long as she's happy, he thought. As long as she's happy...


---