- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

 

He got back to finishing the load that had been so suddenly, unexpectedly interrupted. He started on a new batch, but Svie’s scent was on him now, and it was mixing with the plethora of perfumes, sweat, musk  and other decidedly feminine odors, wafting from the giant pile of lingerie five feet behind him. Consequently, he never quite got rid of his arousal completely, and his pants were getting uncomfortable. He looked around to see if he was clear.  After a quick search, he found a pair of short breeches of simple design that came to just above his knees. He shrugged out of his tailored breeches and added them directly to the steaming cauldron of clothing in the middle. He was one leg into the replacement pants, about to step into the other, when he became aware of another presence behind him. No sound, nothing to see… just a feeling.

 

And with that feeling, a hand came and scooped him around the waist, pulling Edovan back against their body. Naked as he was, He could feel ginormous breasts, and a soft belly pressed against his back.  “They were right about you…” the person purred into his ear.

 

“Wh--- what? Who?” Edovan squeaked, still struggling to get his other leg into the breeches. It was useless, though, as he wasn’t even touching the ground anymore, and he was in serious danger of losing them altogether.

 

She nuzzled her face into the back of his neck. “So tiny, so cute…” she murmured, taking the lobe of his ear into her mouth. She had a much more direct approach then Svie, just on this side of the rules that had been laid out for them. “I want to fuck you until you can’t walk anymore,” she said, the hand that wasn’t wrapped around Edovan’s waist came around and slid up his thigh. Her fingers were itching to play with his balls, to grab his manhood and let the pleasure wash over him, but she just managed to hold back.

Edovan moaned softly, biting his lip. He could feel his loins stirring at the thought of what sort of sex it would take to accomplish that. He was almost afraid. “Please… don’t…” he cried meekly, still reaching in vain for the shorts, now dangling from his feet, just out of reach.

 

The woman laughed and bit down on his neck, giving him a hickey. “It won’t hurt… much.…” she said, pulling back against the wall, her back pressed against it. She turned Edovan to face her, her massive rack in his face. She was wearing a thin camisole and tiny bloomer panties that didn’t really contain much. Her tits were huge, heavy, and swung pleasantly low. She buried Edovan’s face in them. “See,” she assured him. They were soft and warm. Edovan closed his eyes briefly, wondering what it might be like to sleep on them.

 

“None of that…” she purred, pulling his head back with a gentle tug. “I’m not here for cuddles…” she said huskily, and she was at his neck again, licking and sucking hungrily. “Do you like having your cock sucked?” she asked him, looking at him with heavily lidded eyes, licking her lips. “I’m the best…” she added, lifting him up so that her full lipped generous mouth was inches from his swiftly stirring cock. He weighed next to nothing, and  as strong as she was… it was like holding a feather. She wasn’t as tall as Yagaritte, but she was probably the second tallest female Nord Edovan had seen here, and she was plump. Large breasts, soft stomach, but shapely legs, with curves in all the right places. She had big, black, wide set eyes, and lips that were crimson, shiny in the light. Her curly black hair fell all around her heart shaped face, resting on her shoulders.  “I know it’s probably against the rules, ha!” she was whispering to him suddenly ”But since when did I give a scamp’s ass about rules!” she wondered aloud.

Edovan struggled, helplessly, against the grip she had on him. “Please…” he begged. He both wanted, and desperately feared, this woman's mouth on his cock. But he wouldn’t give in to temptation, and he certainly wasn’t interested in having a stranger performing on him, no matter how good she promised to be at it.

 

“Please what, hon? Throw you on the floor and fuck you senseless?” She grinned at him playfully, like she was daring him to say that.  She leaned forward and licked his thigh, trailing her tongue across his flesh, dangerously close to his balls, and his shaft. Edovan squeaked. “You like that?” she asked, her mouth still pressed against him. She moved away from the wall and set Edovan down on one of the taller tables, ass naked as he was, ignoring the dirty pile of clothes there. His precariously perched pants surrendered to gravity at that point  and exited the scene to the floor so they could spectate.

“Please…” she begged him, on her knees between his legs. She put a hand on both of his knees, leaning in closely. “Just one little taste?” she asked him, her matching crimson-lacquered nails scratching up and down his thighs now.

 

Edovan looked down at her (the first time he’d looked down on anybody here since his arrival!), swallowing nervously. He could feel her breath between his legs, warm and hungry. She flicked her tongue out, just narrowly missing the head of his cock, teasingly. It wasn’t fully erect yet, but two seconds in her mouth, and she knew he would be, without a doubt. Edovan didn’t say no…

“Fuck it, I’m going in!” she exclaimed, and leaned in to swiftly take him into her mouth. She simply couldn’t bear it any longer. The contest be damned, she wanted him in her mouth, and she wanted it now. Her hands came up and pressed into his back, nails digging lightly into his flesh as she pushed him forward, further into her mouth.

 

Before Edovan could even react, before he could register the warmth on his cock, the tongue flicking the shaft, an unknown voice called down the stairs “Disqualified!”

 

She ignored the cry of her disqualification, closing her eyes as she gulped him whole. Her hands were still pressed into his back, pushing him forward as though she could take more than was there into her mouth, so hungry was she for him. She’d heard the stories being passed around by the other girls upstairs. She’d taken the challenge as an excuse to see for her skeptical self. And it was true, it was all true. He was adorable. And he tasted and felt so amazing she wasn't sure if she might not be enjoying this more than he was. She had a brief vision of just spooning him into her mouth (mebbe with some cream?) and swallowing him whole somehow.  Instead, she lolled her fat pink tongue around under his balls and then formed it into a bowl and scooped them up and pulled them into her mouth with the rest of him.

 

Now Edovan had only ever had one other mouth on his cock in his short life, so he couldn’t make a professional comparison, and though he hated to admit that what Bernadette had done to him (was that just earlier today?) was pleasurable at the time, it was literally nothing compared to the full force, high vacuum, sophisticated treatment he was receiving now on his ENTIRE manhood. His eyes rolled back in his head and he let out a long low moan. Before he knew it HE had reached out and wrapped his fingers in HER hair!  Logical brain was screaming at him at the top of his lungs ”WHAT IN OBLIVION DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!?”  Lizard brain had passed out on the floor with a goofy smile on its face.

 

“Laaaaa!” A girl cried, appearing in an instant behind them, hands at her hips. Her arm was linked through a mirror image of herself, standing next to her. They were identical, and the smallest Nord females Edovan had seen here, and probably the youngest, maybe his own age. They were slender and impossibly fair skinned, nearly alabaster, with dark painted lips and eyes.  They each had matching brown plaits going down and over their shoulders, and the same piercing red eyes. She grabbed the back of La’s camisole, the other did the same. “You’re disqualified!” they repeated, in stereo, tugging her back. The second one bent to pick up Edovan’s lost breeches from the floor.

 

La reluctantly relinquished Edovan’s cock from her mouth, fingers dragging across his back, then followed along his thighs, nails scratching his flesh. She blew him a kiss, winking. “Lady Fortuna, call me La. come find me later, sweetie,” she said, as the younger Nord girls forcefully dragged her away, which would have been no small feat, except these diminutive (for Nords, anyway) girls did it with ease. The second girl stopped briefly and tossed Edovan’s breeches into his face, then turned without a word and joined her twin hauling La out of the room.  They scolded her in hushed tones the whole time as they disappeared down the tunnel to the stairs. “WORTH IT”  was the last intelligible thing he heard echoing down the hall.

 

Then, just like that, the room was filled with a steamy, heavy silence again, save for gently bubbling water.  Edovan was again alone.

 

He came out of the daze he’d been in, shaking his head to clear it. He took the pants, holding them in confusion. “...dis… disqualified?” he asked himself, legs a bit wobbly as he hopped down off the table La had set him upon. He struggled into the pants, pulling them up and over his half hard cock. “Disqualified?” he asked himself again, as if repeating the question might allow the answers to fall into place. It did not. He forcibly adjusted himself downward inside his new pants, which turned out to be a bit roomier in the waist then he would have liked. He went back over the stool by the wash basin, flopping down with a heavy sigh. What the hell was going on in this place? Was it always this crazy? And still, the word ‘disqualified’ echoed in his mind.

 

He was far from done, but He decided he needed a break. The heaviness of the air was getting to him, he could feel his face burning, sweat dripping down his back. He’d had a little bit too much heat, and a little bit too much steaminess, and that was besides what the room itself provided. He needed to clear his head.  He would just take a small break, maybe go outside for a minute or two, take some fresh air into his lungs. He idly wondered how Mint did this for a living…

 

Edovan shrugged his jacket back on and headed for the stairs, straightening his sleeves. He was looking down, paying attention to that, when someone met him there at the top of the stairs. Edovan jumped about five feet into the air, startled by the sudden presence, and terrified that he was going to have to fend for his innocence yet again.

“What’s gotten into you, little mouse?” A familiar voice, Edovan instantly relaxed as he looked up into Margara’s kind face. “Are you feeling well?” she asked him, pressing her hand to his forehead. He was pale, but his cheeks were glowing red. “Come on, I’ll get you a nice cold drink,” she said, her arm around his shoulders as she led him back into the main room of the inn. It was about a hundred degrees cooler in the open here, and Edovan felt much better already. “Sit,” she demanded, pulling a stool out for him at the bar area. He sat down gratefully.

 

Edovan was not slow. He was quite the opposite, but he had suddenly found himself immersed in a lusty feminine world of breasts and thighs and other parts and he was completely in over his head (sometimes almost literally!).  Nothing like this had ever happened to him before. He had no frame of reference to compare his experiences too.  

 

He doubted all women were like this. There was definitely something strange going on. He thought back to when this first began.  It was his 18th birthday and he had popped into the shop to find himself something, some treat of unknown knowledge, and chanced across that obscure treatise on Dwemer runes.  It was quite a find, and there was no question he'd spend some of his last coin on such a treasure. He had been out on his own, on the run, for months now… he wasn’t even sure how many. Getting close to half a year? His considerable sum of running money had dwindled. Thinking back on it now, he probably could have arranged majikal travel  for the sum he paid to board that last ship. It was too late now of course. He was down to nothing.

 

He thought of Margara who was busying herself in the kitchen, and wondered how long till his free ride here ran out?  IF he finished the laundry today, and he was sincerely beginning to doubt it, would he be out on the street tonight?  The thought chilled him, but not as much of the thought of walking away and never seeing Yagaritte again.  Never hearing her laugh again. .It depressed him so  badly he found himself wondering how long it would take to freeze to death if he just walked right off the pier into the icy sea.  

 

“..swim home!” she had said.  “Mebbe I will..” he thought to himself glumly.

 

He heard a bit of commotion and looked for the source of the noise out on the main floor of the inn.  A large group of the girls were clustered around a sizable round table with a large scroll rolled out across the surface.  The twins with the piercing eyes seemed to be in charge of something and the girls were arguing and talking very animatedly until one of them looked over and saw him, her eyes nearly popping out of her skull. She tapped another girl on the shoulder, who also spied him, and immediately turned around and shushed the rest.  Now they were all suddenly busy playing with their hair, looking intently at the floors, walls, ceiling. One of the twins quietly rolled up the big scroll, and there was something else… a large hourglass?  The other twin nonchalantly grabbed it and put it behind her back out of his view.  All of them kept glancing furtively in his direction every so many seconds.  They were definitely up to something, and clearly HE wasn’t supposed to know about it. Then he saw La looking at him intently.  As soon as he locked eyes with her she licked her lips in way that made him shiver.  He turned hurriedly back toward Margara.

 

“Don’t worry about them,” Margara said soothingly. She pushed a frosty glass of juice across the bar at him, looked to be maybe cherry or grape, neither of which were easily obtainable in this wintry country. Edovan took it gratefully, sipping the cool drink. It was definitely cherry. He was trying very hard hard not to gulp it down. “So answer me this, little mouse,” Margara continued, leaning her elbow on the bar to scrutinize Edovan.

 

He nodded silently, idly licking cherry juice from his lips.

 

“Did you ever think to say no?” she asked him curiously. The entire time, since Edovan’s arrival with Yagaritte, things had been bugging her. Everyone was attracted to him, and everyone put themselves into his company, whether he liked it or not. And from what she had seen, he decidedly did not, even though he barely struggled against the advances thrust upon him.

 

“S-say no?” Edovan asked her. He hadn’t thought of that. Or at least… the idea had never fully materialized in his brain while it was all happening. He didn’t necessarily want these things to happen to him, didn’t want to be taken advantage of, but deep down? He wasn’t so sure. There was a nagging feeling that it was something he wanted. And though he couldn’t explain why all the women (or at least most of them) were attracted to him, he couldn’t deny that it pleased him on some unknown level. Even though the more they teased, the more pent up he became… the more they seemingly wanted him. The more they touched him, the more they seemed to crave him. It was a cycle that didn’t have a clear end in sight, he feared…

 

Margara cleared her throat, drawing Edovan out of his inner reverie. “That’s a bit strange,” she noted, nodding thoughtfully. “How old did you say you were, little mouse?” she asked him, thoughts tumbling around her mind, scrambled and nonsensical.

 

“I didn’t,” Edovan said, putting the juice down. “But I’ve just had my eighteenth birthday yesterday,” he told her. Margara nodded thoughtfully again, looking a bit far off as she retreated into her mind to sort some things out.

 

“Finish your juice, then get back to work,” she said after a few moments of silence, disappearing into the kitchen.

 

Edovan nodded dutifully. He finished off his juice after a few minutes, scampering back into the kitchen after he was done, looking back one last time at the group of girls still hovering around the table, and most of them were looking back at him, whispering secretly to one another. He sighed inwardly, wondering who was coming next...

 

 

*  *  *  *

 

“Come on Mint, hurry up!” Bernadette called back, waving her hand behind her as she hurried towards the Boar. He was scurrying along behind her, dragging a gilded trunk full of clothes, shoes, and other trinkets. Mint had found her with one of her clients. One of her MARRIED clients. She’d stumbled into him at the end of her headlong flight,  still quite naked and out of breath, and asked him to take her his home. Not surprisingly he’d offered to take her shopping and get a new wardrobe instead. They were at a tailor’s shop, Bernadette hanging on his arm as they wandered around the shop, her pointing out each piece that she wanted as the shopkeeper hurried along to pack everything up behind them. That was how Bernadette got all her clothes, shoes, and jewels. She blackmailed her clients into buying whatever she wanted, while giving them exactly what they wanted on the other hand. She showed no shame in working the game to her advantage, and besides, she had more important things to spend her money on.


“What’s in this thing, B?” Mint called out after her, huffing from the effort it took to drag the trunk behind him, struggling to keep up with her.

 

Bernadette stopped as they reached the front door of the Horny Boar. “A lady’s things,” she said elegantly.  She was wearing a new dress, a lovely shade of frothy sea green that was at contrast with her fiery red hair. It popped on her beautifully, a stark difference to how she had left the Boar earlier that morning.

 

“Hello Bitches!  I’m baaaack.” she singsonged triumphantly as she threw the door open dramatically.  I hope none of you missed me too dearly,” she announced as she came into the room, spying everyone gathered, huddled, around a table. She crossed her arms over her chest. “What’s going on, then?” she asked, moving over to the crowd with a quickness. Everyone looked away, none of them eager to invite Bernadette into their little game.

“Come on,” she demanded, pushing her way through them to the table. She eyed the scroll and yanked it from one of the twins. “Give me that!” she said, slapping it down onto the table.

 

Mint sighed, rolling his eyes. “I’ll get it, it’s fine…” he called out to deaf ears as he kicked the door closed. He yanked the trunk behind  him and headed for Bernadette’s room, shaking his head. Those girls were always up to something… better not to get involved. Better to save his energy for the stairs.

 

Bernadette leaned over the table, staring at the big bold letters someone had scrawled across the top; “Pop the mouse.” There was a chart of sorts, filled up with names and dollar amounts. “What’s going on?” she asked, looking over at La, who was closest to her.

 

La held her hands up, waving her fingers. “Don’t ask me, I’m disqualified,” she said with a shrug. One of the newer girls piped up before the others could stop her. “The mouse is down in the laundry.  Margara put him to work down there, so we’re taking turns trying to get him to.. “  she paused suddenly, all her confidence leaving her as she stared at the firey raging building in Bernadette’s eyes.

 

Bernadette rolled her hand into a fist, slamming it onto the table. “How dare you guys do this without me!” she cried, incensed. The nerve! The gall!

 

Svie giggled. “Well, you weren’t here, remember?” she said, grinning wolfishly.

 

“Oh, sod off, ice queen,” Bernadette spat, rolling her eyes. “You know that was… it wasn’t my fault!” she said, her lip quivering just a little as she recalled her harrowing adventure from this morning. “But what about that horrid beast?”

 

“You don’t need to worry, he can’t do it anymore… Mama M banned him from using his magicka inside,” Svie assured her.

 

Bernadette grinned at that. “Can’t use his magicka, you say…” she repeated. And she saw her possibilities opening once again, her chance!  She had no intention of trying to win any silly wager. Let these fools have their little game, SHE would have the tasty little mousey for herself!  She reached into the little purse hanging from her shoulder and threw a generous  pile of coins down onto the table. “I’m in!” she declared. “I’m taking all of you down, I will have the little mouse, and I will have all your gold,” she said with feigned confidence. She hoped they bought her bluff. She squared her shoulders and pushed her chest out, put her hand in each cup of her dress one at a time to prop her breasts up good and high  and stuck a fresh mint leaf between her teeth. “Watch and learn!” she said, making way for the laundry room, her new skirts swishing about her as she practically ran from the room.

 

“You can’t touch his manhood directly!  And no forcing your kitty on him either!” A twin shouted after her. “And you’ve got... seven… minutes…” she trailed off. Bernadette was gone already. “Start the timer, sister,” she said.

 

Bernadette didn’t need rules for the game she wanted to play.  As she descended the stairs, two at a time, she mumbled under her breath.. “Pop the mouse, indeed! Oh I’ll pop him alright. Pop him right in my oven, I will!”  

As she neared the washer room she slowed her pace.. Her heart had started to beat faster uncontrollably. She was was excited to have her chance of course, but this was fear.  They had said he wasn’t allowed to use Majik any more.  That would mean she could have her way with him! But.. still... She perked her ears up for any hissing or growling noises and peered from the edge of the doorway through the steam. She was about to proceed when she remembered she was a bit overdressed for this occasion. She lifted up her dress on each side in a very unlady like manner and slid her new silk panties down her legs and off into the floor. They would just be in the way after all.  She could feel her loins stirring as she closed in on him.  She rubbed an exploratory finger between her lips to check her arousal  and was pleased to see she was already getting damp in anticipation. She crept forward slowly crouching, like a cat.  She could see her prey, his tiny lean frame shirtless and shining with sweat sitting on a stool with his back to her. He looked so yummy!  His position was perfect!  He would never see it coming! She rubbed her fingers with more pressure across her labia.. Fingered the little nub as it sensitized. She wanted to be ready for him when it was time to pounce.

 

In the name of comfort , Edovan had immediately discarded his good clothes this time. Opting for the short pants and bare upper body  that had been so much more comfortable before. He had returned to his duties with a new found vigor.  Determined to prove to Margara ( and Yagaritte)  that he wasn’t useless, he was scrubbing and soaking and turning over the cycles of the laundry as quick as possible for someone of his size and level of expertise.

 

He was currently sitting on his little stool, applying soap to stains when  he grabbed a blouse from the pile at his feet and something gold and shiny fell from an unseen pocket and hit the floor rolling.  Before he could react it had rolled under one of the larger heavy wood sorting tables against the wall between the alcoves.

 

He had to retrieve it.  He had no idea who it belonged to, but that was something Margara could sort out when he turned it in to her. The table was too deep for him to reach completely underneath it so he got on his hands and knees and crawled under into the dark.  It wasn’t dark for long for him though. His wood elf eyes adjusted quickly and in a few seconds he could see perfectly. His target was right up against the wall.

 

It was a ring, decent size, heavy of metal with some inscribing and with a gem the size of his pinky nail. Real or fake, he didn’t know, but he knew it was valuable to someone.  He grabbed his prize and slowly started crawling backward out from under the table, careful not to hit his head on any of the supporting beams underneath.  He was.just clearing the edge of it with his head when his butt bumped into something cloth like behind him.. Some kind of curtain?. He paused and reach back with his hand and was surprised to feel a large foot beside him  in a small slip on shoe. He heard a familiar giggle and then the lights went out.

 

She’d seen him get down on his hands and knees to crawl under the table and knew her opportunity  had revealed itself. She silently positioned herself in just the right spot, and stood with her legs about 3 feet apart as she held the front hem of her dress up around the tops of her thighs. She’d waited patiently for him to back out under her all cute and unsuspecting and the second he noticed her she dropped the front of her new green silk dress over him.  Trapped!

 

“You're all mine now..” Bernadette purred above him. This startled him as she planned and he immediately tried to stand up from underneath her.  She gasped as his head hit her forcelfully exactly on target with a soft squoosh.  Fireworks went off in her brain  as he crowned her.. stretching her wider than she had ever been stretched before. It was just like when she had taken his face the two times before. She couldn’t explain why he felt so good inside her and more importantly she didn't care. She only knew she wanted more.  She gulped to maintain control and sagged her full weight on top of him before he could react and she felt herself GIVE and the tips of his little pointed ears pressed flat against the side of his skull and slipped inside her.  It was glorious! Every part of her insides that was touching him felt on fire and alive! She was a savage predator, bigger and stronger than him and she was TAKING her prey INTO herself as the laws of nature had decreed for eternity. He bucked beneath her, trying to dislodge, but the more he dipped down the harder she pressed down. His knees hit the floor as he fell down and her momentum carried her downward as she fell on top of him.  She bit her lip to avoid crying out in ecstasy as he filled her further.  She was almost past the widest part of him…

 

KERSPLASSSSSSSSHHHH.  An Ice cold wall of water crashed into her from behind with enough force to knock her forward into the table in front of her.  She howled in rage as he felt her prey slip from her loins and whirled to face her attacker.   Both twins were standing in front of her in combat casting stances.. The magic barely fading from the fingers of the left one. The right one gripping Edovan’s prone body by the feet as he lay face down on the ground, his arms stretched out in front of him.

 

“DIS. QUAL. I.  FIED”  they both intoned together in voices lower and more resonant than anyone their size and age should be able to pull off, let alone two small pale nord girls. They pointed imperiously to the exit tunnel and stared at her dangerously with red eyes that seemed to chill her soul.  As enraged as she was, Bernedette instinctively knew when to cut and run.  Everyone knew the twins, despite their small stature, were not to be trifled with. People who didn’t know that and didn’t learn it quickly,  tended to disappear.

 

There was only one her, but there would be many other opportunities to catch her little mousey. She decided discretion was the better part of living to pounce again.  She stood up to her full height and reached behind her and undid the stays on her new dress, which was still ice cold and dripping. It slid off her heavily to the floor.. She stepped forward toward Edovan who had now craned his own head, hair plastered, still slick with her  juices, upward at her from his prone position.  She squatted down toward him, her bare hungry nethers still glistening and gaping slightly  just inches from his face. “No!”  he gasped out weakly as He flinched and the twins raised their hands, magika sizzling.

 

“ I’m sorry our passion was cut short little mousey,” she purred again.  “But don’t worry!  You WILL be mine again! And next time, I promise I will take you allll the waaay.”  She blew him a kiss and stood up tall.

 

“Hope you can save my new dress.  Or I will just have to add it to the other damages you owe me..”  she batted her eyes at him and turned and strutted regally out of the room and down the tunnel, her hair still dripping down her naked back.” I’m sure we can work out some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement” She said over her shoulder as she strode away.

 

One of the twins helped the stunned Edovan to his feet. The other picked up the sopping dress and pushed it into his hands.  Then without a word they slipped silently back out the hallway.  

 

“Just say no.. she says.  Because that worked out great...” He said sarcastically..  He stood there for a good long while just holding the soaked ice cold dress, partly because his brain was trying to process what had just happened to him, and partly because anything cold was a comfort in the oppressively hot steamy environment. His logical brain shuddered. It was busy trying to scrub the last 90 seconds of his life from his mind, or barring that at least try to make some sense of it.   Lizard brain however, was secretly disappointed that she had been interrupted and quietly wondered what it would feel like if she had taken him “all the way”.

 

Disqualified.  There’s that word again.    Well,  at least he could take small comfort  that whatever game the ladies were playing upstairs did not apparently allow Bernadette to enjoy her favorite pastime of turning his head into a chew toy for her nethers. Just to be safe however, he spent considerable time moving the pile of clothes he had been processing over to the other side of the central cauldron, and then lastly, the stool.  He grabbed his soap bars and sat down and picked up the next article of dirty clothing.

 

From this position he could clearly see the tunnel entrance and about 30 feet down the tunnel as it slowly curved to the left. If anyone else came down here he was going to know about it the second they came around the bend.  There was little steam from this distance to obscure his vision. No more surprises for him! He congratulated himself on his cleverness and went back to work.  “Wonder who they will send down next?”