- Text Size +

In this chapter:  The roommates finally discuss the tiny problem quickly enveloping their lives as tensions build with Jessica.  The roommates discover an even smaller problem after Jessica leaves for a party. 

 

Day 2 – Anastazja, Jessica, Lacy, and Miranda

            “Ugh!”  Lacy loudly groaned after hearing Anastazja shouting from the living room, she was relaxing on her bed, and she knew her girlfriend Ki would be coming over within the coming hour.  Lacy was still barefoot, she was wearing small athletic shorts that ended just below her ass and a small black tank-top that showed off her pale midriff, revealing a cute bellybutton piercing and another tattoo on her ribcage.  Lacy was still texting Elle, asking about all her bullies and how they hurt her growing up, the sympathy for Elle grew more with every text exchanged between the two.  Lacy placed her phone on her bed and got up reluctantly, she opened her door to find all her roommates standing around the living room, just in front of the kitchen. 

“Hey, Lace, how are you?”  Miranda asked with a smile.  Miranda still wearing sheer black yoga pants, her pink nails and bare feet rested on the wood flooring, her tight pink crop top had blonde and flowing hair cascading down the front of it just below her shoulders.

“Uhh… pretty good I guess” Lacy said as she walked closer, she filled in the small circle of roommates that were conversing around each other.  The light from the windowed patio door started to fade as the sun was sinking in the sky, the white light from the ceiling fan shined on the floor beneath all the girl’s feet, reflecting slightly off the wood flooring.  

“Okay, we have a big problem…”  Anastazja said, she was wearing a tight blue t-shirt and small white athletic shorts, her bare feet still had chips in the baby blue nail polish.  Her auburn hair was unkempt and wavy from her rude awakening.   

“Or a really small problem…”  Jessica quipped and smirked slyly.  Jessica was wearing brown strappy sandals revealing her red nails and perfect pedicure.  She looked like she was about to head off somewhere for the night, her makeup was done perfectly, and her fancy white skinny jeans had no creases and captured the curves of her large half Latina ass tightly.  Her tight red crop top showcased her cleavage and her smooth light-brown skin, she held her purse on her arm and dangled her car keys in her left hand. 

“That’s not funny, Jessica” Miranda said, looking at the ground below trying to pick out any stranded specks between the circle of the girl’s feet, but it was difficult with all 4 girl’s casting a shadow on the ground below.  Miranda looked back up at Ana’s eyes, she stood about a head over everyone else at 6’1” the volleyball player from the Ukraine started to speak again.

“We cannot joke anymore about them… they… they crawled on me during my sleep” Ana said looking down at her roommates. 

“Ha!  Those things crawled on you?  What did it feel like?”  Jessica curiously asked. 

“Shut up, Jessica, let her talk” Lacy said, she batted her black hair over her light brown eye and crossed her colorful tattooed arms over her chest. 

“Just hurry up, I’m trying to get to a party at my friends’ sorority” Jessica said, she pulled her phone out of her purse and texted someone, the other roommates took it as a sign of immense disrespect but kept talking about the issue at hand.

“We have to help them, no?”  Anastazja said, peering down into Miranda’s blue eyes. 

“Yes!  I agree completely, they haven’t done anything to us, it’s like our responsibility to help the tinies” Miranda looked around the apartment, something caught her eye under the coffee table, but she remained quiet and turned back to the group. 

“I want to help, yes, but it is harder when they are even smaller than yours, Miranda.”  Ana said, she noticed Miranda look back towards the living room, but didn’t really say anything, she was still flushed red with anger, her hair seemed like it was on fire. 

“Holy shit!  They get even smaller?”  Jessica said shocked, she placed her phone back into her purse and snapped back into the conversation. 

"Yeah… It’s like an entire state, even a small country if you want, it’s in Ana’s room and in my room too” Lacy said, she almost regretted saying that sentence, but she knew inside her head that most of these specks couldn’t be saved anyway, there would be so many accidents involving their deaths that were out of their control, she understood that even the simplest bodily movements from the girls would be apocalyptic and destructive to micros.   

“Hmm… interesting, well I need to get going, oh by the way, I just want to let you all know that my wonderful mother will be visiting us in a few days, I hope that’s cool.  Bye!”  Jessica’s sandals slapped against the floors as she parted in between Lacy and Ana on her way to the front door. 

“Jessica, like what the hell, we need to seriously talk about this” Miranda said, her smile faded into a scowl.  “Does your mom even know about the tinies?” Miranda asked.   

“I’ll be back tomorrow!”  Jessica said as she slammed the front door behind her.

“God, what a bitch!”  Lacy said, flipping her deep black hair to the side of her head, once again exposing both of her eyes. 

“You guys, I didn’t want to like say anything while Jessica was here, but I see something under the coffee table…” Miranda’s voice grew quiet and nervous, she brushed her light blonde hair behind her back and gestured to the girls to follow her.  The three girls treaded carefully to the coffee table, Ana and Lacy placed themselves on opposite sides and lifted the table gently pulling it to the side a few feet, the light from the ceiling fan shed itself upon a new land that was similar to those on Ana’s rug and in Lacy’s bathtub. 

The three girls looked below and watched the land, they saw the grey patches and tiny lights flickering faintly, they were too dumbfounded to speak.  After almost a minute of them holding their breath Miranda finally spoke, “You guys, we can’t let Jessica know about this, we have to put the table back and keep them as safe as we can, okay?” Miranda whispered as quietly as possible, the three girls all nodded in silent agreement and placed the table back cautiously exactly where it was before. 

            A sudden knock at the front door scared all three roommates, especially making Ana jump as she was already on more of an edge, the shock of discovering a new miniature land just made all her guilt and regret flow back to her head.  Lacy walked over to the front door and nervously twisted the handle...