- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks guys for reading the first chapter! The action will start soon enough I promise! If you don't want to read this whole chapter you can start from chemistry lab. But I meant for the whole chapter to be easy to read!
To say that this wasn’t like any other day of school would be incorrect. My first period was math. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m pretty good at math and I tend to enjoy it. But today I was just not feeling it. Our teacher lectured for a bit. And let us work on a few problems for the remainder of the class. I put my headphones in (normally one of the first things I ask my teachers if it’s okay) and got to work. I finished a little early and sat tight till class officially ended and I was good to go to my next class

….History.. I hate History. More than any other subject. Never really saw the point in it. I’m often told knowing more about the past can prepare you for the future. But I never really saw the reasoning behind this. Nobody can predict the future. Why even try? Thoughts like these helped fill my boredom during the teacher’s lecture. Not to mention trying very hard to stay awake after not getting much sleep last night. Just when I thought class would never end I was saved by the bell. Quite literally. And I was good to go to lunch

I sat at my normal table with my normal friends. Two of which I deemed closer than any other friends I had. Jackson and Koby. Jackson was pretty much how you’d expect any dude named Jackson to be. He stood tall (about 6’4”, maybe 6’3”) he was very well known at our school as he was on the football team. Take a guess at what position he plays…..Yup he just so happens to be the QB on the football team. And as a result he pretty much gets his pick out of any girl in school (at least at my school that’s the case) so of course his current girlfriend would be the most sought after girl in school. Ashley McKinley. I liked her for a time. But when Jackson made his move. I backed off, and quickly suppressed those feelings. I wasn’t too bummed as I have a few other girls I’m currently interested in. But haven’t decided which one to actually get serious with yet.

On my other side was Koby. Koby’s definitely the closer friend of the two. He and I do almost everything together. Jackson and I used to hang out a lot. But when he and Ashley got together, Jackson had much less time while Koby’s availability never changed. Koby’s got a great sense of humor similar to mine. When we’re together we’re both always cracking jokes. Many times dirty jokes. We are teenage guys after all. Koby stands about my height, 5’10”. He loves the gym. And I’ll go with him from time to time, and he’ll show me some stuff . But as I said before, I’m not really a big fan of the gym. Koby isn’t an only child like me and Jackson, he has one 16 year old sister. I interact with his sister as much as any guy interacts with is friends’ siblings. Needless to say I don’t know where I’d be without these two guys. We used up the entire lunch period messing around, and chatting until lunch was over. Towards the end of lunch after we had all three split up Koby’s sister approaches me and asks me if I can meet her after school, near Koby’s car, to ask me about something. “What if I don’t know where Koby’s car is parked?” “That’s right! I’m so dumb.” She responds. “Just meet at the front entrance to the school and I’ll ask you there” I asked a question that seemed reasonable “Why not ask me whatever it is now?” To which she responds “Don’t be silly! Lunch is over! We’ve gotta get to class!! Plus you’ve still got a few classes to finish up! See you after school!!” after saying this she quickly and very enthusiastically walks off to her next class. I was confused what she meant by having classes to finish up. How is it relevant? I didn’t have much time to contemplate as I had to get to my next class.

Chemistry! Spent in the chem lab. Our teacher Mr. Avery had us pull our lab books out, explained a little about our experiment and left us to work instructing us to let him know if we had any questions. Mr. Avery just so happened to be Koby’s dad. Mr. Avery works at Mercury labs. The lab known for inventing the fully electric motorcycle, backpack refrigerator and many other revolutionary items. Koby’s dad actually brought him home a backpack refrigerator. Which I gave him so much crap over probably much more crap than deserved but it’s great when we’re camping!! Whether Koby being my lab partner was a good or bad thing. I don’t think anybody can say. But we did the job pretty well in the experiments, and we could chat while working so that was a plus. “Hey Koby.” I said “your sister came up to me after lunch saying she wanted to ask me about something after school was over. Any idea what she was talking about?” Koby responds “huh. Yesterday was bring your daughter to work day at Mercury labs. She kept saying she snagged something from the lab. She justified it by saying they had a ton of them. It’s impossible to notice one missing. Let’s hope she’s right. She refuses to tell me what it is. I wonder if she’ll tell or show you.” “Guess I’ll find out either way” I said. We continued to work on the experiment making a joke here and there, and chatting while working. We finished just as class was ending. I never understood how Mr. Avery was so good at that.

I won’t give much attention to my next few classes. Pretty much all electives. I met with Koby’s sister after school just like she had asked. “Cameron!!” She shouts holding a drink in her hand, “Yeah, that’s my name” I said with a bit of sarcasm. “Want a sprite?” she asked offering the cup. “Thanks!” I said “but...why?” She swiftly responds with a little sass thrown in. “Does it matter? I got it for you. Don’t waste my money! But if you’re not gonna drink it, I will.” “No, no.I’ll drink it” I said taking a few sips. I loved Sprite. Probably more than any other soda “Great!! Now check this out!!” She said pulling something out of her pocket. I felt light headed. And fell to the ground still conscious I asked “What’d you do?” to which she responds “I put a sedative in your drink. You’ll be fine! I think it works about four hours on an 18 year old male. It won’t hurt at all. You’ll just fall asleep and I’ve got something for when you wake up! This is a shrink ray! I got it from my dad’s lab. I wanted someone to test it out on and you seemed to be the easiest one. All I have to do is tell your parents you’re spending a few nights at Koby’s and shrink you down, and then we can have some fun!” As she said this my eyes shut and I lost consciousness.

After I was out she shrunk me down, picked me up along with the drink cup I had dropped. Put me in her purse as she went to the trash can to throw my cup away.