- Text Size +

Down for the Kent

Navigating back to the dorm, Kent was on cloud nine. He could not believe he had not one but two Omega Pi beauties fighting over him. He had never been overly successful through high school so the sudden swell of feminine attention blinded him. Not that he would necessarily have cause to think someone might be following him; he never took stock of the athletic man shadowing him.

Stan stayed far enough back the kid would not notice him, but he tracked the boy back to the residences. Once he had the floor, it was not difficult to find the room. Rapping lightly on the door, he opened it, stepping into a room much like Oliver’s situation. The room was double occupancy, Kent reclining on his bed on the right side while the space on the left stood vacant.

Stan’s sudden appearance startled the kid.

“Hey, can I help you?” Kent asked, quickly withdrawing his hands from his pants.

Stan smiled, a hawkish expression, “I‘m looking for Kent,” he stated, flashing the kid a wink.

Sitting up, “Who are you?” Kent inquired, a touch of embarrassed color dusting his face.

Holding his hands up, “Relax I’m not here to bust on you for taking matters into your own hands,” he assured.

Getting to his feet, Kent’s face darkened, “What are you doing in my room?” he demanded, moving aggressively now toward Stan.

Chuckling, “Sorry kid,” Stan said, shifting his stance slightly while curling his right hand into a fist and clipping the boy with a perfect placed uppercut.

Kent never saw it coming. As his lights went out.

After knocking the kid out, Stan was nimble enough to prevent Kent from hitting the floor by catching him and lying him down.

Kent awoke, eyes fluttering open, slightly glassy, a confused look on his face. “What happened?”

Crouched beside the lad, “I knocked you out. You ready to hear me out?” asked Stan, standing and extending a hand down to help Kent up.

Taking the hand, Kent got to his feet, right hand massaging his jaw, “Who are you?”

Stan smiled, “My name is Stan Taylor. I’m Oliver Haynes’ dad,” he replied, extending his right hand.

Kent chuckled, “Shit, you clobbered me. Now I know where Oliver got it when he popped my roommate Bear.”

Glancing over at the vacant side of the room, “Where is your roomie?”

“Oh, we were at the Omega house and dude totally frapped his knee, like bad,” Kent replied.

Stan nodded. “So Bear is gone. Oliver’s roommate Cameron is gone and now Oliver is gone. You see a pattern here?”

“Wait, what do you mean?” Kent asked, checking his teeth.

“You’re next on the list,” Stan asserted, pointing a finger at Kent’s chest.

Frowning, “I don’t understand,” replied Kent.

“That’s because you’re thinking with the little head,” Stan stated with a grin. “There is something really fishy going on over at that house and I haven’t got the god damnedest idea of what the hell it is except it has to do with those rubber bands and kids are vanishing.”

Shaking his head, Kent appeared to be processing the information.

“And you, with your head so far up those fine pussies my young friend, you don’t even see it coming,” Stan informed.

Shaking his head quasi-erratically as he tried to process the information, “No, wait, Cam had to, Bear’s knee, no,” he chuckled, “Oliver’s with Sersei,” he replied.

Pulling out his phone, “But he isn’t. Complete incommunicado. We got this thing, I say one thing, he replies with something completely off base but there is no mistaking it is him. Nope. I don’t know who is on the other end of the conversation but it sure as hell isn’t Oliver,” Stan shared.

“But the girls,” Kent countered.

Stan pointed at Kent’s crotch, “I saw the girls, the ones in the coffee shop as well as the others at their house, straight up, that’s Dick talking,”

“What do I do, I mean I really don’t understand what’s happening but now you point out some things and things aren’t adding up,” Kent replied with a shrug.

Stan tapped the side of his own head, “Now you’re thinking. I honestly don’t think you’re safe here and think you need to come with me until we can sort this shit out. First things first, I think we need to 86 those wristbands.”

Kent frowned, borderline pouted as he tried to get them off. He could not get them to stretch out far enough to fit over his hand. “They won’t come off,” he blurted, a note of panic in his voice.

Stan walked over, “They’re just rubber,” he said, trying. They would not stretch. “That’s fucked,” he said, scowling.

Kent’s effort became more frantic as he tried one then the other, “Why won’t they stretch?” he grunted.

“Hold up a second,” Stan said, trying to calm the increasingly desperate boy. It did not make sense. Why wouldn’t they stretch? Though the texture felt pliable and rubbery, they were like titanium.

“They should come off easy,” Kent stated.

Stan nodded, “Yes they should,” he agreed. It defied logical explanation like the thing the grey-haired woman did to him and made him sick.

“Why won’t it come off?” Kent pleaded, wrist pink and puffy, irritated by his efforts.

“Fucking witchcraft or some shit,” Stan said, nodding as if to convince himself of the truth of it. What else could it be? The very idea filled him with a sense of dread for Oliver.

“I want them off,” Kent babbled, spinning the bands around his wrist before again trying to force them over the prominence of his hand.

Not really paying a whole lot of attention to what the boy was doing, Stan nodded absently, “Yeah, we might need to find a way to cut them off,” he said. Could the chicks track Kent through those bands? Like the vibe he got giving Carol a variant of his real name like maybe somehow she would know if he lied. The hair on the back of his neck stood up.

  

 

Chapter End Notes:

Next Chapter Sam and Stan...