- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

After a long drought, time to check in on Cam

Agnes

Groaning, Cam rolled onto his side. The last thing he could remember, the constricting journey down Cerys’s esophagus and into the caustic oxygen deficient confines of her stomach, sheer terror gripping him as he struggled against corrugated folds in absolute blackness, the sounds of death by digestion gurgling below.

Instead, smooth softness under his fingers and a sense of warmth. Eyes jerking open, he sat upright, startled to find himself in a bed. A real bed. Blinking against the brightness, his hands fumbled over the blanket that had been covering him no bunched up around his waist. “What the…”

Frantically, he swiveled his head back and forth trying to gain some measure of the strange place in which he found himself. Single bed, off yellow paint on the normal looking walls, soft light illuminating the entirety of the ceiling. There appeared to be a light colored carpet on the floor. Carpet? Was he whole? Himself again. He dared not hope. “Hello?” he called out.

An attractive woman attired in a simple dress appeared in the doorway. Would you call it a doorway if no door were there?

“Hello Mr. Crawford,” she greeted, pleasant smile on her attractive face.

Pulling the blanket up under his chin, Cam figured her to be about forty, slightly shorter than him, her dark hair swept back into a ponytail.

Folding her hands in front of herself, “My names is Agnes York,” she replied softly, her voice containing the hint of an English accent.

Cam nodded, “Am I…myself again?”

Agnes frowned, lines appearing on her face, “I’m afraid you are still small,” she confirmed.

Despite refraining to hope, a crestfallen expression appeared on his face.

Walking to the side of the bed, Agnes sat and put a comforting hand on his left leg still covered by the blanket.

Recoiling slightly from the touch, “Who are you? Where am I? Cerys?” he challenged.

Drawing her hand back, she nodded, “Of course. I realize given the harrowing nature of your most recent ordeals this is all very trying, confusing. I will do what I can to try and explain,” she offered.

Cam snorted and shook his head. “Where’s Oliver?” he demanded.

“Mr. Haynes is currently with your sister,” she answered directly.

Shaking his head, “No, no,” he lamented.

“We are exploring all possible avenues of liberating him, but for the present I want to help you Cameron. May I call you Cameron?” she inquired politely.

Eyes narrowing in suspicion, “Where are we?” Cam asked.

Agnes spread her hands, “This place? This is a dollhouse not overly far from the Omega chapterhouse,” she shared.

What if all this was just another trap, another way to fuck with his brain? “Cerys swallowed me,” he accused.

Nodding, “Yes, she risked her own wellbeing to save you from the, shall we call it, the passions of her sisters. Fortunately, she was able to retrieve you before the environment inside her stomach did any irreparable harm,” Agnes explained.

“Swallowed,” repeated Cam, eyes widening.

“Quite. Now, rather than focusing on your recent travails, let us take a moment to consider your current situation and the path ahead,” she suggested.

A quizzical look crossed Cam’s face, “Wait, if I’m little, that means you’re little too,” he deduced.

Turns her hand palm up, “Indeed I am,” she assured.

Confusion molded Cam’s face, “But,” he paused, shaking his head.

“Allow me to explain. My name is Agnes York and like you, I too suffer from this peculiar affliction, though, unlike you, I cannot claim to be an innocent,” she divulged.

Scowling, Cam’s eyes narrowed.

Holding up a hand, “Please, allow me to explain. To my shame, I confess I enjoyed myself at the expense of others, delighting in the prestige and privilege associated with my affiliation to Omega Pi. I-“

Eyes widening again, “So wait a minute, hold the phone, so you were one of them? One of those shrinkers who did this kind of stuff, and who, you know, did those other things?” Cam questioned.

Pursing her lips, Agnes nodded slowly, “Indeed I was Cameron, attaining a fairly exalted position within the sisterhood,” she acknowledged.

“How many? How many other guys like me did you take? Tell me,” Cam enjoined.

Looking away, she shook her head, “How many young men’s lives did I ruin? Too many,” she replied softly.

“Then you deserve this,” he asserted, a mix of anger and panic seeping into his voice. How many did she claim, use?

Turning back to him, making direct eye contact, “More than you can ever know, but before you do something rash, please allow me an opportunity to explain what is happening here.”

Curbing his tongue, he folded his arms over his chest restraining all of the pent up fury, the use and abuse at the hands and other parts of the Omega girls.

“There are sisters within Omega Pi who are trying to bring about change and overturn the archaic rituals practices by our forbearers, but that number is still very small. That is why I told you that when Cerys brought you here, she actually placed herself at considerable risk to save you, especially with Edith Frost in attendance at the house,” Agnes clarified.

Cam opened his mouth to pose a question but then frowned.

“Go on, you have a question?” urged Agnes.

“So what then, she brought me here? Why?”

Raising her hands, “There may be a chance to restore you,” she offered, angling her head slightly to one side.

Cam shook his head. Was it true? Was it possible? Alternatively, just another devious way to break him down again?

“I must clarify it is only a possibility. The sisterhood proper is very powerful and well entrenched in many different areas of society so the meager handful of us are definitely fighting against long odds. We are always trying to encourage others to join the new order but it is dangerous,” Agnes stated.

Cam could not believe his ears. There was a chance! There were those trying to undo the process. Suddenly images of the women in his own family surfaced in his mind. “Sersei, my mom, my grandmother, are they part of this new order?” he asked, wondering if maybe Sersei bitchiness might now have only been an act. Could it be? He hoped so.

Agnes shook her head slowly, “It is incredibly difficult to recruit sisters and we have to be exceeding cautious about exposing our network when we make overtures. That said, Sersei has been, let’s call it approached, in the hopes of maybe bringing her over to our perspective, but,” Agnes shrugged, eyes looking upward.

Clenching his teeth, Cam swallowed the new surge of rage, his hurt, “And?”

“I honestly do not know. On the one hand, she has not committed to our cause, but on the other, as far as we know, she has not revealed us either,” Agnes stated.

Shaking his head, “Typical Sersei, playing both sides against the middle,” he spat, mind drifting back to that last meal he shared with her at their grandmother’s house. So many questions, little offhand comments, the sting of betrayal still felt incredibly fresh. It was his ‘last supper’.

“We are still hopeful she may still be enlisted,” Agnes offered.

“Until she makes that decision, I just hope Oliver is okay,” he replied, knowing only too well the trials and tribulations awaiting his friend.

Agnes smiled and nodded.

Cam did not want  imagine what his friend might be enduring at the hands of his sister.

Recognizing Cam’s guardedness, “Yes, of course. Are you hungry?” she asked, changing the direction of the conversation.

As if on cue, Cam’s stomach made a noise. Placing a hand on his belly, he nodded.

  

 

Chapter End Notes:

Next chapter...back to Stan