- Text Size +

Wheeling, Dealing, Kiss Stealing

Despite feeling literally exhausted, Sersei couldn’t sleep, her mind churning over all of the places she or any of the other girls might have missed or overlooked. She also was definitely not a huge fan of Miss Frost’s deadline and declaration of First Choosing. Did she have a means of ferreting Oliver out? If so, why wasn’t she helping?

Pulling Oliver’s phone out of her pants pocket, a little green light in the upper left handed flashed intermittently. Bringing the phone to life, she was kind of surprised he did not lock his phone. She presumed the little light was to indicate there were a couple of text messages on the phone. Calling up the messages, the ID read ‘Deacon’. Who was Deacon?

Brooklynn bounced into the kitchen.

“Hey, sorry again about your room,” Sersei offered.

“I’m all squared away now, it’s all good,” Brooklynn replied, walking over to the refrigerator.

“What are you up to? I thought you were getting Cam back?” she queried.

“I did. I’m just grabbing some eats for your brother before we have a little fun,” Brooklynn replied.

Looking back down at Oliver‘s phone, “You know a Deacon?”

“Deacon? Sure, that’s Oliver’s new roommate,” replied the blonde, pulling out a sealed Tupperware container with some leftover chicken breast.

“Really?” Sersei queried. “Cam’s replacement. Have you met him?”

“Sure, yesterday with Oliver, cute,” she responded, peeling back the lid of the container to taking out a small piece of chicken. “Why do you ask?”

Sersei held up the phone, “He’s sent a couple of messages and I get the very distinct impression the exchange is a call and answer thing between them,” she explained.

Putting the container back in the fridge, she closed the door and walked over beside Sersei, reading the messages.

“Right?” Sersei asked.

“Yeah, what am I? That could be just about anything. What’s got nothing to do with it? I don’t know about that one either. Google it,” she suggested.

Nodding, Sersei started typing the letters into the google box, the search engine bringing up two suggestions, What’s love got to do with it, a song by Tina Turner, and Deserve’s got nothing to do with it from a western movie.

Chuckling Sersei shook her head.

Reading over Cam’s sister’s shoulder, “I’d go with the second one, I think that’s way more in keeping with what we know about Oliver’s character,” Brooklynn stated.

“Could be, but it also could be a ruse or a test thinking that’s the obvious answer,” she speculated. “He is proving to be a rather creative little fellow.”

Brooklynn nodded, “Might be, but I doubt it,” she said, sharing her opinion.

“They got chummy awfully fast,” Sersei remarked, waggling Oliver’s phone. “Are you super busy right at the moment?”

Holding out the morsel of cold bird, “I have got to feed this piece chicken to your little brother and then feed him to my, well you know,” she answered, arching her eyebrows before leaning forward to look at the crotch of her black exercise pants.

“Hungry pussy?”

Brooklynn grinned wide and nodded.

“We still need to clear Oliver’s room of possessions and this roommate is a bit of a loose end. You are the only sister to have met the new roomie, so that might be an in for us. What I was hoping I could get you to do was pop over there, say Oliver asked you to go over looking for a clean change of clothes, maybe his phone cord, toothbrush while Oliver and I are enjoying a little alone time together. In the meantime, I’ll send a few texts saying basically same thing. While you’re there, feel him out, see where his head is at,” Sersei proposed.

Brooklynn let out a long breath, hemming and hawing.

“I’ll tell you what, help me successfully navigate this Deacon thing and once I’ve got Oliver in my hands, I’ll give him to you on the sly for one of my nights and that way you can have both Cam and him all to yourself,” Sersei offered.

With Cerys in the direct line of possession, there would be zero chance she would get to play with Oliver. Having two of them to play with? A slow smile spread over Brooklynn’s face. “I am intrigued by the possibilities,” she confessed, “but that is all contingent on you finding him.”

A self-confident smile appeared on Sersei’s face, “Before the ritual for Kent tomorrow, I will be savoring a little Oliver in my martini,” she professed.

Emerald eyes sparkling, “I’ve seen that look of determination from you before and for a chance to double down, I’m willing to take the gamble,” Brooklynn agreed.

Sersei nodded, “It’s deal then. I would really, really, like it if you would wander over that way sooner than later,” she encouraged.

“I’ll go over now, but since I’ve just got your brother back, he is definitely going to be riding shotgun,” Brooklynn informed, patting the front of her exercise pants.

“Lucky boy,” Sersei remarked, grinning back.

Brooklynn chuckled and exited the kitchen.

Turning the phone over in her hand, she tapped the screen with her right index finger. Deserve did seem to be the obvious answer. Should she wait? While she contemplated the idea of replying, she opened up his only other recent communication, one with Stan. Reading the exchange, “That’s not even a very good picture of me,” she said aloud, shaking her head. Thumbs dancing over the keyboard, she composed a response, ‘Hey Stan, looks like things are really heating up between me and Sersei, and I mean heating up, so I’m going to have to take a pass on this weekend if you get my drift,’ she typed.

A few seconds later, ‘I’d pick that little sex kitten over me too. No worries pal, just make sure you play safe,’ came the response.

Rather than responding to Stan, she backed out of that conversation and opened up the one with Deacon. Deserve or love? That was the question. Deserve was just too easy. Letting out a breath, she typed love into the box and sent the message.