- Text Size +

The Frog and the Scorpion

“Walk away casually, slowly,” Cam whispered, pausing near the end of the walk to turn back to see if Sersei was still there. She was. Raising his hand, he smiled and waved, eyes surreptitiously checking out other windows to see if perchance any of the other occupants in the house might be curious to see who had come to call,

Oliver turned, pointing at the bright almost fluorescent pink adornment on his wrist before waving.

Cam spotted movement in a couple of windows. “Phase one and two initiated,” he said through his teeth like a ventriloquist, lips not moving.

Turning onto the sidewalk, “I’m sorry,” Oliver offered, holding his hands apart.

Cam laughed, and made a face. “About what?”

“The wristband,” Oliver said, “I didn’t mean to steal any of your thunder there.”

“For the record, that’s one of Sersei’s wristbands. My sister, Sersei. That is the one Omega Pi wristband distributor I honestly don’t really care about who she hands those out to,” he assured, making a flattening motion with his hands.

“You sure?” Oliver asked, making a bit of a face.

Cam chuckled, “Yeah, we’re good. I did like the way you essentially handed her your balls though, grinning like a teenager who just figured out how to jerk off,” he chided.

“Me? What about you? Talk about kissing some ass,” Oliver chortled.

“Oh there’s no doubt about it, I got all the way up in there and I’m pretty sure it’s going to take the rest of the day to get the taste of her asshole off my tongue,” chortled Cam, shaking his head, lips pursed.

“I don’t know how you were able to do it with a straight face,” Oliver said, examining the loop of colorful rubberized plastic around his wrist.

“My feigned obsequiousness was just a small part of the overall plan. While we waving farewell, there were of couple of sisters lurking in the windows, checking us out. It’s like planting a seed. It takes a little time for it to germinate and grow. That’s what we did today,” he said.

“It’s bright,” Oliver commented, spinning the loop around his wrist.

“I’m kind of disappointed we didn’t get a chance to go inside and recon the house itself. Might have been nice to see if there were some things in there that might have given us some insight into a few of the residents, you know, like décor, posters, music, that kind of stuff. That chick at the door was like icy hot,” he chuckled. “And a little stuck up.”

“Icy hot?” Oliver asked, ceasing fiddling with the wristband.

“So cold, it burns your fingers,” Cam clarified.

“Speaking of hot,” Oliver commented.

“Don’t you say it, don’t,” warned Cam.

“I’m just to saying your sister looked nice,” he said.

Shaking his head, Cam chuckled, “It may have been my tongue up her butt, but she’s got your whole head wedged right up there,” he accused, shaking his hips to emphasize his point.

Oliver made a dismissive sound with his mouth, “As if,” he scoffed.

“I’ve seen it before. She’s like a spider wrapping her silk around you right now and you have no clue. Tell me you wouldn’t crawl through a mile of broken glass just for a chance to kiss that ass of hers?” he challenged.

Oliver laughed but didn’t answer.

“Your silence condemns you,” Cam chortled.

“That doesn’t mean anything,” Oliver answered disdainfully.

Cam laughed, “I’m just breaking your balls dude,” he said.

“I don’t have any ulterior plans for your sister, it’s just, she’s very attractive,” Oliver replied.

“It’s okay it’s not you man. I told you I’ve seen her do stuff like this before. When she was a senior in high school, one of my best friends got caught up in her and she played with him until she got bored. Is what it is. I’m not judging, it’s just I know what happens behind the curtain but for you right now, the magic still feels real,” he explained.

Was he right? Was he being drawn into her charms? He laughed, “Why? Why would she want to ensnare me?” he queried.

Cam shrugged, “Who knows, amusement maybe, like a cat playing with a mouse,” he offered.

“Couldn’t she just be being nice for the sake of being nice?” he asked.

Stopping, Cam inquired, “You know the one about the frog and the scorpion?”

Oliver shook his head, “No, I don’t know what you’re referring to,” he replied.

Raising is hands to chest height, Cam grinned, “So okay, one day there’s this scorpion who wants to cross a river, he sees this frog and asks, ‘Hey man can you put me on your back and carry to the other side of the river?’ But the frog hesitates, he’s afraid of being stung. The scorpion argues that if the frog got stung, they would both drown. Seemed like a valid argument so the frog agrees and lets the scorpion on his back and starts swimming out into the water. In the middle of the river the scorpion brings its tail back and stings the frog, basically dooming them both to drown. Scorpion venom pumping through his little amphibian heart, the frog asks the scorpion ‘Why? Why would you do that? You just killed us both.’ The scorpion laughs and says it stung the frog because that was what was in its nature to do. You my friend are a frog, my sister is a scorpion and you just let her on your back,” Cameron said, shaking his head and arching an eyebrow and making a striking motion at Oliver’s shoulder with his right hand.

Frowning, “I think maybe growing up in a house full of women may have slightly jaded your opinion of them as a species some,” Oliver commented.

“Like you bouncing a ball off the wall to play catch all by yourself, nurture versus nature,” Cam replied with a broad grin.

“That being said, you’re right, I probably would crawl through that glass to get a shot at her. Be the best thirty seconds of her life,” Oliver said coyly, eyes narrow, lips puckered.

Clapping an arm Oliver’s shoulder, Cam laughed and together they started back toward the campus. “What kind of stupid name is Maeve?”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Next chapter, burning the candle at both ends...