- Text Size +

Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff

Circumnavigating the interior of the room for a second time, Cam carefully checked for latches or hidden catches that might spring open a door, but again found nothing in the mostly featureless room. The walls all seemed to be constructed from the same moderately coarse texture as the floor and there were no seams cracks or otherwise to indicate the presence of a portal or means out of the room. Very weird. Add in the fact, he was still feeling off and the Oreo in his stomach was making him queasy.

What was going on? Was it Sersei’s doing or some trick of the Omega Pi sisters? He glanced down at his wrist and saw the bands were gone. That had to be it, something to do with the wristbands, why else would they have removed them? This whole thing was probably some scheme of Sersei’s to teach him a lesson. He thought he had been doing an amazing job of trying to get her endorsement, but maybe she had just been cunningly playing him.

He chuckled, “Nicely played,” he said aloud, bowing his head, “I defer to your superior intellect.” No response. Frowning, he raised his head. How long were they planning on keeping him in the basement with the giant freaking Oreo? For what surely felt like almost an hour, he paced back and forth.

Maybe because he was still hungover and feeling sick, his tolerance for the game was thinning and he was becoming more annoyed. Holding the blanket in place with his elbows, he cupped his hands around his mouth. “Hey!” he yelled, adding, “Ha ha very funny.” He wasn’t sure what to expect, but there was nothing. “You can open the door now,” he barked loudly. No response. “Are you fucking kidding me right now? I get it, you outwitted me, you win,” he conceded, face a mask of irritation. Still nothing.

Muttering under his breath, “Fuck it,” he curled back up on the sponge bed and tried to sleep. Flipping around trying to get comfortable, eventually fatigue allowed him to fall asleep.

It was voices that roused him, loud and close. He distinctly recognized three of them, Sersei’s, Brooklynn’s, and Allie’s. Rising from the bed, he wrapped the blanket back around his body.

“I’m pretty sure he should be awake by now,” Sersei said.

“I’m excited,” Brooklynn interjected.

Allie chuckled, “Let’s have us a look see shall we?” she said.

The ground beneath his feet moved suddenly and he was thrown to the ground in a jumbled heap. When the whole room stopped moving, the ceiling above him shifted and was pulled away. Far above him the massive heads of the girls he had heard speaking moved into view above the edge of the top of the wall. They were all preposterously huge, like each girl appeared easily over a hundred feet tall, all looking down on him with amused expressions and large eyes.

“What’s going on?” he asked, feeling overwhelmed and incredibly small under the scrutiny of the enormous girls.

“Look how cute he is!” Brooklynn squealed, bringing her hands together in front of her chest, unleashing a wide beaming smile on her gorgeous but inexplicably huge face, a smile certainly wider than he was tall.

Chuckling, Sersei looked at him nodded, “You are so adorable little brother,” she admitted, smiling.

“Hello again Cameron,” Allie said with a smile.

“What’s happening?” he babbled, pulling the blanket tighter around himself and gobbling for air.

Another voice came from somewhere beyond his ability to see. “Is he awake?” It was Kandi, the redheaded stripper. Brooklynn shuffled to the side to the side and Kandi’s gigantic face came into view.

Was he hallucinating? Some by product of the hooch the girls had provided? Had it been laced with something? It all seemed so incredibly vivid and real.

“I suppose there a whole bunch of questions bouncing around inside your tiny head right about now?” Allie asked.

“I don’t know what’s going on. Why do you all seem so big?” he replied, unable to find refuge or shelter from their gazes.

Sersei chuckled and exchanged glances with the other girls before speaking, “Okay, so let me be the one who clues you in to your new life,” she offered.

“Sersei?”

“First things first, we’re not big, you’re just very small,” she said, leaning forward and moving her right hand into the box, her index finger nearly twice as long as he was tall.

Cam looked at the finger, shaking his head in disbelief before looking back up at his sister. “No,” he denied.

Making a glum face, Sersei nodded, “Afraid so,” she asserted.

“It can’t be,” he rejected, unable to come to terms with the input his senses were sending to his brain.

“The sooner you accept your new position, the sooner you will be able to move forward,” Allie instructed.

“What Allie is saying is that you are now property of the sisters of Omega Pi. You belong to all of us,” she informed with a smile.

Still shaking his head, “What does that mean?” he inquired.

Kandi rolled her eyes, “Think of it this way. You a like a little toy that we can all enjoy, though Brooklynn, Allie and myself have first dibs on account of you accepting our favors,” she added.

“The wristbands?” he asked, looking back to the bare spot on his arm then up to the gargantuan redhead.

“That’s right,” Brooklynn said with an affirmative nod of her blonde head.

He laughed, not jocular, more nervous anxiety as he shifted his gaze back to Sersei, “You need to tell mother what’s happened,” he requested.

“She already knows, I texted her last night,” replied his sister.

“She knows?”

“Knows? Ah, poor Cam. You don’t understand. Mother sent you here specifically for this exact reason, as a delicious little gift to the sorority, a tribute to the sisterhood,” Sersei replied, raising her eyebrows before looking at the blonde Brooklynn and nodding.

Still chuckling, he looked back to the bed and started walking toward it, “No,” he mumbled, mind surrendering to denial.

Shifting her weight forward, Brooklynn reached into the box with her right hand, tapping the brightly painted nail at the end of her index against the floor, “Come,” she invited in a friendly tone.

Ignoring the summons, Cam climbed onto the bed, wrapping the blanket tightly around him and screwing his eyes shut. It had to just be a bad dream.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Next chapter, Oliver