- Text Size +

A Night to Remember

Walking over to the Omega Pi house, Oliver and Cam paced themselves to arrive on time. Show up early, and you look too eager, arrive late, you seem irresponsible. Turning onto the street, it was quiet. Unlike the massive blowout at the Phi Epsilon Theta house, there was no loud blaring music or flashing lights, no mass of milling partygoers, just silence.

“Huh,” Cam said, shaking his head. “I thought for sure it was tonight,” he mumbled.

Nodding, Oliver clapped him on the shoulder, “It is, remember Sersei texted me too,” he assured.

Cam’s smile returned. Walking up the path to the front door, they ascended the stairs, he rapped on the door.

Sersei was the one to open the door, big smile on her face as she looked from Cam to Oliver. “Come in,” she invited, stepping back into the house and opening the door.

Moving into the grand house, “Shoes on or off?” Oliver asked, pointing at his feet.

“Off,” Sersei replied with a nod. Watching as both boys removed their footwear, when they were done she motioned for them to follow into the elegantly appointed house leading them to a large sitting room on the main floor near the rear of the house.

In the large room, ringed by oversized chairs and three couches were eight girls and including him and Cam, four boys. Oliver didn’t recognize one boy, but the other he knew instantly, the brutish Bear Briar.

Getting up off the long chesterfield and standing to full height, the hulking Bear Briar slowly moved his head from side to side like he was cracking his neck, unwholesome expression on his face, steely colored eyes boring into Oliver’s lighter green colored ones.

“Shit,” Cam mumbled, shaking his head

Sersei appeared, “Play nice boys,” she tittered.

“It’s all good,” Bear said, voice gravelly as he smiled at Oliver. “You got yourself one hell of a punch,” he stated with a deep raspy chuckle.

Oliver gave him a half smile and nodded, ready in case the brawnier youth lashed out, “No hard feelings?” he asked, hoping the bigger and hostile looking man was amenable to let bygones be bygones.

Bear laughed again, deeply, “Other than I still owe you a shot, we’re cool,” he said, holding his hands up.

“Good boy,” said a slight girl Oliver didn’t recognize, dirty blonde hair held bunched up by a hair band as she walked up and placed a hand on Bear’s shoulder.

“I think that’s everyone,” said another tall girl Oliver didn’t recognize. She introduced herself as Allie and went around the room allowing each person to identify themselves. The other girls unknown to Oliver, an athletic girl with strawberry blonde hair and luminous green eyes introduced herself as Julianna, the one with Bear Briar, Melody.

To Oliver’s surprise, Vesper came into the room, wide smile on her face.

Allie smiled and nodded, “For you lads who don’t know, this is Vesper, she’s our counselor, advisor, kind of house mother as it were, she’s just here to oversee the evening to make sure nothing gets too far out of hand,” Allie introduced.

Jaw hanging slack, Cam looked at Oliver, “That’s her? For real?” he whispered.

Nodding ever so slightly, Oliver smiled and winked.

Grinning, Cam rolled his eyes.

“Hi,” Vesper said, smiling and taking a seat on one of the wide chairs against the long wall, bringing the tally of people in the room to thirteen, nine females, four males.

“Alright,” Allie said, “Teagan? Monroe?” she added.

Two more girls appeared in the room, the first one, a dark haired beauty was handing out little 8oz red plastic party cups to everyone except Vesper. The second girl, a gorgeous heavy chested blonde was following with a large pitcher and pouring an amber colored liquid into the cups distributed by the first girl.

Smiling, “Wait until everyone has one,” Allie instructed holding up the hand without her cup until the two girls handing out the refreshments departed.

“Alright then, this toast is to our first trifecta of the season, Cameron Crawford,” she said, smiling while raising her cup and nodding to Cam.

The girls all raised their cups and spoke in unison, “To Cameron, long may he serve the needs and the wants of the sisters of Omega Pi.”

Smiling, Cam nodded and raised his own glass before bringing it to his mouth for a sip. The girls followed suit and Oliver brought his cup to his lips, inhaled an exotic enticing scent before taking a sip. It was sweet, kind of like a potent honey, but with a very strong undercurrent of alcohol in the after taste. It was good but powerful, the flavor lingering on his palate.

Allie smiled, “And to our other invited guests,” she saluted, nodding to the males in the room and then to Vesper before taking another drink from her cup.

Oliver took another sip, feeling a flush of warmth crawling up his neck and into his face as he swallowed.

Walking over to where Cam was sitting, Allie reached her free hand out and cradled his face, “Maybe you can share with us something about yourself?” she invited.

Clearing his throat, Cam chuckled, “Sure, I guess,” he said, glancing over to Oliver.

Bear leaned back and drained the fluid from his cup before holding it upside down to show it was empty.

“I’m a freshman here, my sister is Sersei,” he started, holding a hand toward her, “I feel very lucky and honored to have received these three bands. One each from Brooklynn,” he continued, nodding to the blonde, “Kandi,” to the redhead, “and Allie,” he concluded, shaking his head and clearing his throat again before taking another sip from his cup to clear the obvious tickle pestering him.

The warm feeling moved up into Oliver’s ears and Cam started sounding far away, distant. As hard as he tried, he found he just couldn’t keep his eyes open.

He thought he heard Bear Briar say something in a slurred voice, but he wasn’t sure as the warmth overwhelmed him and he succumbed to oblivion.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Let the games begin...