- Text Size +

The Longest Day Ever

After his encounter with Allie, Cam’s feet barely touched the ground as he hustled back to the dormitory to share with Oliver.

Flying up the stairs, Cam burst into the room, startling Oliver, “Ta da,” he said, holding up the wrist with the three brightly colored bands.

“Another one?” Oliver said, chuckling and shaking his head in disbelief. “You weren’t even gone an hour.”

“I know right? It was the strangest thing. I was at that little coffee place across the way, you know the one, anyway, I just minding my business having some java and in walks this goddess, Alessandra Wynn,” Cam said, speech rapid and excited.

Oliver raised his eyebrows, “And she is?”

“Omega Pi’s big kahuna, the cheese,” Cam explained.

“Big Kahuna burger, mmm, that is a tasty burger,” Oliver replied.

Cam chuckled, “That’s funny, Pulp fiction, no, dude, she is amazing, like they haven’t invented the word yet to describe how hot she is, you know what I mean? She orders a muffin and a tea, and walks right to my table and asks to sit. Gentleman that I am, of course I said yes, and bawanga, from out of the blue she gives me another wristband.”

Oliver chuckled and rolled his eyes.

“So get this, apparently it’s not a contest to see which guy can get the most bands, dude, all you need is for three of the foxy little sugar dolls to give you one and you’re in,” Cam exclaimed.

“Three?” Oliver asked, looking down at his own two bands, “I guess that means you won then,” he said with a smile.

Holding his palms out, “No, that’s the beauty, Allie said there’s more than one winner, it’s anyone who manages to get three bands, dude, one more little honey falls for your bumpkin charm and you’ll be in heaven,” Cam explained, rolling his eye skyward and bringing his hands together as in prayer.

Grinning, “Really?” Oliver queried. “So what you’re saying is all I need is one more and I’ll get a chance to rail your sister?” he asked, grinning impishly.

Cam frowned sourly, eyes narrowing, “That’s not even funny and you know it,” he admonished raising a finger. “Now if Sersei lets you get all up in her business that’s between you and her and whatever priest you need to consult to break the demonic hold she’ll have on your soul. But between you and I, we shall not speak of such things again,” he countered, tone low and grave with mock seriousness.

Oliver laughed heartily, “Right, so you got your three, what now? You get to line up a date with one of those wristband owners?” he questioned.

“No, I have been invited to the Omega Pi house tonight,” Cam boasted, breathing on his knuckles and polishing them on the front of his shirt.

“Wow, you move fast,” Oliver commented, nodding.

Cam shook his hands, “Not me, her. Allie was the one who extended the offer and said tonight,” he defended, spreading his hands before flexing the biceps muscle of his right arm and kissing it.

Oliver’s cell phone chimed, letting him know he had received a text message. Pulling the Samsung out of his pocket, he looked down at the unknown number of the sender on the screen.

“Who from?” Cam asked.

“Don’t know,” Oliver replied, opening the message. ‘Hey Oliver, it’s Sersei, we’re having a casual little get together tonight at 7 at the Omega house. Be there or suffer my wrath, XOXO.’

“Well?” Cam asked, brow rising.

“Your sweet sister inviting me to the soiree tonight over at their house,” Oliver explained, typing back the affirmative reply, ‘I’ll be there with bells on,’ before sending, then wondering if maybe he might have worded the response a little differently.

“Nice,” Cam said, raising his hand for a high five. “Not that it’s my sister, but that you get to tag along and witness as I select the one of those sweet young ladies who shall be the lucky recipient of my affections,” he smirked.

Oliver’s phone buzzed again, Sersei sending him a kissing faced emoticon. Chuckling, he sent back an angel face emoticon and put his phone down on the bed before reaching up and slapping Cam’s elevated hand.

“Who knows, maybe you’ll snag your third tonight one of those at the house,” Cam speculated, pointing at Oliver’s two wristbands and spreading his hands.

Shrugging, Oliver made a dismissive noise, though secretly, he did kindle the spark of hope that maybe he would be fortunate enough to get another band and earn an opportunity to take Sersei out on a real date. At least right now that’s who he would choose amongst his band givers, Cerys kind of intimidated him a little with her alpha confidence and intensity.

With the ‘party’ still hours away, it seemed to Oliver as if time itself had gotten caught in the inexorable influence of a gravitational singularity and elongated, each ticking second feeling like it was being stretched into minutes or hours.

The usually sedate and mellow Cam busied himself prettifying and getting ready for the Omega Pi gathering by showering, shaving, and ‘manscaping’ his nether area while Oliver, who decided he would prep a little later watched on with an amused eye.

Leaning back on his bed, Oliver brought his phone to life and added Sersei’s number into his list of contacts, bringing the memory of her surprise kiss to the fore of his mind. The feeling, the taste making, his fevered imagination stir with all sorts of thoughts and feelings. Chuckling, he set his phone back down on the bed. If he did get another band, would she accept to go out with him? Or was this all just some kind of joke? If it all was some cruel sorority hoax meant to screw with the minds of horny freshman he was actually kind of glad Cam was going to be the one to test the proverbial waters. The events of the night ahead would reveal the truth of Omega Pi’s intentions.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Soon, so soon now...