- Text Size +

Sunday, a Day of Reflection

Oliver rose early while Cameron slept late, the events at the Phi Epsilon Theta house chewing away at the back of his mind, leaving him to wonder whether or not there was going to be any fallout from the altercation. The last thing he needed was expulsion from the school or worse some type of felony assault charge.

Grabbing a quick shower and a bite to eat, Oliver decided to go out and walk to try and alleviate some of the anxiety gnawing away at him. It was still too early to go to the library, but he found some shade under a tree and took a seat, leaning back and checking the internet on his phone for the potential legal ramifications for punching someone in the mouth and busting it open. What he discovered did not bring him any peace of mind. Because there was actual physical harm, it would be classified as aggravated assault which, according to the law is a felony, carrying a possible consequence of prison. Self-defense might be plausible, as he did not throw the first punch, but…

Letting out a big breath, he shook his head. Bottom line, he shouldn’t have punched that guy. He wondered if maybe he should try and track him down before any authorities became involved.

A pair of white with pink piping feminine running shoes stopped in front of him, a shadow falling over him and occluding the sun.

Looking up from his phone, he raised a hand to shield his eyes, “Hello?” he said, gazing at the lean silhouette of a woman.

“Hi Oliver. I saw you sitting over here by yourself. We met yesterday. Brooklynn,” she supplied, moving to the side and out of the direct light so he could see her better.

 “Hi,” he said, lowering his arm and looking at the girl. She was dressed for jogging, big smile on her attractive face.

“I heard you knocked out Bear Briar last night,” she said, arching an eyebrow.

The name didn’t mean anything, but he supposed it belonged to the brawny youth from the night previous. “He had been drinking, I should’ve known better and not punched him,” Oliver admitted, shrugging. The fact word was spreading added to the concern fueling his steadily growing sense of anxiety.

“From what Cerys said, he was being a dick to my Cameron and got what he deserved,” she answered with a shrug.

Oliver gave her a weak smile, “I hope he’s alright,” he said.

“Melody said it was mostly just his pride that got wounded,” she informed.

“Melody?” Oliver asked.

She chuckled, “My sister. Bear Briar belongs to her,” she said, pointing at the two bands on Oliver’s wrist.

Looking down, “Oh,” Oliver replied, remembering he had seen a band on the burly youth.

“Melody really wants to meet you,” Brooklynn purred, raising her eyebrows.

“Is she upset?” Oliver queried.

“No, she’s just curious about you,” she answered.

 “Did she say anything about Bear Briar pressing any charges?” he asked, making a slight face.

“I wouldn’t worry too much about it,” she assured, tone dismissive as she shrugged her shoulders.

 That made him feel a heck of a lot better, “That’s good,” he replied.

“Anyway, I have get back to my run. It’s was good chatting with you,” she said with a smile. “I really wish I had a band on me with right now,” she lamented, shaking her head.

Oliver smiled and held up his hands, “It’s okay,” he replied.

“Tell my little Cam I said hello and know I’ve got my eye on you,” she advised, waggling a finger before setting off.

He watched her go, and shook his head. For an Omega Pi she really didn’t seem quite the stuck up snob Cam had made them all out to be.

Climbing to his feet, he retuned back to his dorm room. Cam was awake though he was still lounging in his bed.

“What’s up? Where you been buddy?” Cam asked.

“Just getting some air. Brooklynn ran into me, said to say hi to you,” Oliver conveyed.

“She’s definitely on my list,” Cam said, visualizing the blonde and nodding. “Like all of those other little Omega Pi darlings, poor girl doesn’t realize I am a great big hunk of man candy and they all have a sweet tooth.”

Oliver rolled his eyes.                                                            

“While you were gone, I had a wicked thought,” sniggered Cam, rubbing his hands together.

“Uh oh,” Oliver murmured.

“No wait, hear me out and let me know what you think. The girls should sponsor a Pi eating contest,” he suggested, licking his lower lip and raising his eyebrows lecherously. “Get it? Pi eating?”

Oliver shook his head slowly. “Oh I get it,” he assured, “I’m just not sure how well received your idea will be to the sisters of Omega Pi,” he offered.

“Yeah, probably right,” he conceded, “though I don’t know why. You’d think girls would like it when a guy goes down on them and does the lickety split.”

Having never gone down on a girl, Oliver didn’t know, but was keen to at least give it a whirl. He had asked Sara about it, but she had said she was too self-conscious to let him try. Shrugging his shoulders, “I think maybe you should just let that one go. I’m sure at some point some other degenerate has probably floated that suggestion by the sisters and lived to regret it,” he stated.

“It is kind of funny though,” Cam chortled.

“Omega Pi, the last pie, actually seems kind of ominous,” mused Oliver.

Cam chuckled and jumped up from his bed, grabbing his jeans and a top before putting on socks, “I need to get out and about, you want to tag along?” he asked, slipping the footwear on without undoing the laces.

“Nah, think I’m just going to hang out here and rest and relax,” Oliver replied.

Nodding, Cam glanced at his jacket before deciding against it and exiting the room, sliding his hands into his pants pockets.