- Text Size +

Meanwhile, Elsewhere

Taking a seat in a wooden chair at the table, Larissa put her elbows on the tabletop and propped up her pretty head, “So what is it like?” she asked, her unusual amber colored eyes glinting with curiosity.

Looking up at the face of the attractive girl looming over them, “What? Being small?” Stan queried back.

Broad grin splayed on her face, she nodded. “I just can’t believe it.”

Spreading his arms, Stan chuckled, “Believe it.”

Pushing herself up quickly, the sudden motion jarring the table and knocking the two men off their feet, “I have to get a picture!” Larissa exclaimed, eyes exploring the long counter for her cell phone before snapping her head back to Stan and Oliver at the movement of the table. “Omigod, I’m so sorry,” she emphatically apologized, hands raised.

“No harm no foul,” Stan replied, climbing back to his feet.

“I really don’t think that would be wise,” Oliver commented, shaking his head and pursing his mouth.

“No, it’ll be okay,” Larissa assured, bounding across the kitchen to collect her phone. “It’s a Huawei, awesome camera,” she provided, opening the camera app as she strolled back to the table.

Raising a hand, “I’m kind of with Oliver here,” Stan added.

Aiming the phone, Larissa snapped off a couple of pictures. “So cool,” she murmured, sitting back down and examining her first picture, enlarging the image. Looking at Oliver, she grinned. “You are very hot, tiny, but hot,” she complimented.

Oliver politely nodded before glancing at Stan.

Glancing up at the immense girl, Stan smiled, “So what’s your story there big sexy?” he inquired.

Larissa frowned. “I need something for size context,” she stated. Suddenly she brightened, “I got it, salt and pepper shakers!”

Getting back to her feet, more careful this time, she fetched a set of shakers from the counter and brought them back to the table, setting them down near the two diminished men. “There,” she commented with an affirmative nod. Raising her phone back up, she took a few more picture, this time capturing Oliver and Stan with the two glass shakers. “This is perfect,” she gushed.

“Larissa, hey,” Stan said, giving her a wave.

Setting her phone down, she smiled at Stan, “Sorry, but this kind of thing doesn’t happen every day,” she apologized.

Giving her a side smirk, “Yeah, kind of a weird day for us too you know,” he replied, jerking a thumb in Oliver’s direction.

Larissa nodded, “Aren’t you cold, I mean, being naked and all?” she inquired.

Looking down at himself, Stan shook his head, “You would think I should feel cold but I don’t,” he answered.

Walking over and gathering another piece of the crumbled granola bar, “I think part of the shrinking process has enervated our metabolic processes,” Oliver suggested, taking a bite.

“I still don’t understand how something like this can even happen?” Larissa questioned.

“Like Cady said, it’s a complicated situation, and we really don’t want to put you in any more danger than we already have,” Oliver cautioned.

Larissa nodded.

Turning to Stan, Oliver moved close, “Just touching the stone did this to you?” he asked.

Stan nodded, “Yeah,” he answered.

“Then why the ritual? Why the wristbands? Why go through all the trouble?” Oliver questioned.

Pausing a moment, Stan frowned before shaking his head, “I don’t know. All I know is I touched the rock and presto change-o, mini Stan,” he replied.

Letting out a breath, Oliver shook his head, “Why didn’t the stone seem to affect Cady? I mean other than you know?”

“Maybe it only works on guys, I don’t know. As I said to our lovely host here, this is all still pretty new to me son. Your mother should be here in a while and maybe she could shed some light on this whole thing,” Stan countered.

Oliver looked up at Larissa, “Sorry, we didn’t mean to exclude you, but there’s still a whole we don’t know about this either,” he offered.

“No, it’s okay, this is fascinating,” she assured, placing her hands palm down on the table.

Strolling closer to the gigantic hand, Stan reached out and stroked the back of her right index finger below the nail, “We really appreciate your help here,” he stated.

A dusting of coral appeared on Larissa’s pale cheeks, “I’m super glad to help,” she answered.

To Oliver, even in the absence of the stone, it appeared his dad’s presence had the ability to influence the girl in a physical way, “Stan,” he called out.

Grazing the tips of his fingers over her skin, “Can you even feel that?” he asked.

Sucking her lower lip into her mouth, Larissa nodded.

“Stan,” repeated Oliver.

Still caressing the finger, Stan looked back at his son, “Relax, we’ve still got a few hours to kill before your mother gets here and there is no harm in expressing my gratitude to this young lady who has so generously put herself in peril for our sake.” He meant what he said, but under it, there was something, an urge maybe, something. Shit was she gorgeous.

“Speaking of mom,” Oliver interjected.

Supinating her left hand, Larissa brought it near Stan, gently brushing her left index finger down his side and over his thigh.

“I think maybe you should take a few steps back,” Oliver encouraged.

Stan chuckled. “She’s on our side pal,” he started, turning his eyes back on the girl. “Right? You don’t want to hurt us?”

Releasing her lip, “No,” she replied, luminous eyes filled with innocence.

Looking back to Oliver, “See,” Stan clarified.

Walking over, Oliver looked up to Larissa, “Give us a moment will you?” he asked, giving a pragmatic smile.

Bottom lip jutting out slightly, “Okay,” she breathed before flashing Stan a toothy smile and pushing herself up to her feet. Collecting her phone she retreated to the counter.

Gripping Stan by the shoulder, Oliver turned to face him, “Are you kidding me right now?” he challenged.

Eyes tracking Larissa’s ass as she departed, “What? I think she’s a sweet girl,” Stan retorted, indignant expression on his face.

“You get any closer to her and you’ll certainly get to taste,” he warned.

At first, Stan grinned and arched an eyebrow, contemplating the notion before his expression abruptly changed. “Whoa, wait, what?”

Shaking his head slightly, “I don’t know if it’s pheromones or what but you were macking hard on that girl,” Oliver supplied.

Stan let out a slow breath, “But the rock is out in the car.”

“After they did this to me, the women went into a trancelike state they called a swoon. I thought it was because of what they did to me, but honestly, I don’t know. What it is, this thing seems to have some unusual side effects. I never experienced this thing you’re going through but I think maybe fear might have over overpowered the compulsion to get all up close and personal,” he explained, shrugging his shoulders.

Stan glanced over at Larissa, “Christ, I hope Sam gets here soon.”

  

 

Chapter End Notes:

Next chapter, Cady and Deacon 'explore' their deepening friendship...