- Text Size +

Where to from here?

“You think maybe she should have left a window cracked or something?” Deacon asked, looking up at the windows in the doors.

Oliver frowned, “I think we’ll be alright. I think the more important question is whether or not we can trust that girl,” he added.

Stan shook his head, “Seeing as we are sitting here on the floorboard of her car, we are pooched if we can’t trust her so no sense worrying,” he stated.

“So what do we do?” Deacon asked.

“Sam,” Stan answered.

“Mom?” Oliver queried.

Stan nodded.

Oliver frowned thinking about his mother, the sting of betrayal like acid in the back of his throat.

Looking from Oliver to Stan, “Can we like, trust her, I mean, no disrespect but, you kind of said she was in on this,” Deacon offered.

Turning to face Oliver directly, Stan put his hands on the boys shoulders, “I can only imagine the shit you’ve been through, and as pissed as I am, I think we are going to have to trust her if we ever hope to get this undone. I can’t say I understand her motives or plan, but she says there are other chicks within their sorority that are actively working behind the scenes to undo this stuff,” he shared.

A rueful smile appearing on Oliver’s face, “I wish I could believe that, but it seems everything in my life has been a lie,” he countered.

Stan grinned, “Not me pal, I’m right here in it with you and I love you son, that’s no lie,” he declared. “I’d hug you, but we’re both naked and that would be weird.”

Oliver chuckled, “Yup.”

Releasing Oliver, Stan moved back to the phone, this time drawing up Sam’s contact, typing, ‘I have Oliver but there is a little problem. Let me know when you land.’ He hit send.

Having read the message, “Is she flying?” Deacon asked.

“Back from Vancouver eh,” Stan replied, employing his best Canadian accent.

Cady reappeared at the car. Opening the door, she climbed in and closed the door. Leaning over the console separating the seats, she disclosed all she had been able to gather about the situation.

“How would they know where to find him? I told him to keep a low profile, shit,” Stan grumbled.

“Probably just tracked his phone,” Cady suggested.

“The cops?” Stan frowned.

“No, there is an app, it’s pretty easy, like GPS,” she answered.

Oliver nodded. “The girls would have had plenty of time to monkey around with his phone when he was out,” he offered.

The lines on Stan’s face deepened as he looked back to his phone. If the women from the sorority possessed the ability to track him through his phone, undoubtedly they would have already done so by now. “I shouldn’t’ve left him by himself,” he lamented.

“Pretty brazen for them to take him down in broad daylight in a public place,” Deacon offered. “What if someone took a video of it, you know, that’s the kind of stuff that totally goes viral?”

“Ballsy alright, but they control the cops and there is an absolute shit ton of money at risk here. While I doubt those greedy hens were going to let Kent slip through their fingers, I don’t see them exposing themselves recklessly on the internet,” he opined, a half smile on his face.

Oliver nodded, “You had better believe Sersei isn’t going to sit idly on her hands either. If the Omegas control the police, we have to assume she passed along a description of this car, including the license plate, meaning we are extremely vulnerable,” he added.

Stan nodded, “Given our current situation, I don’t think there is whole lot we can do to liberate Kent,” he said regretfully.

The phone buzzed, startling all the occupants of the car.

Seeing the ID, “It’s Sam,” Stan stated.

Using both hands, he swiped them across the screen and tapped the message icon.

Just touched down and got your message. Are you both okay??? Please baby let me know, read her message.

Fine, but the sooner you can get down here the better, he replied.

On my way, I love you both so much, she returned.

“Okay, so what now?” Oliver questioned.

“We could go back to the dorm room, probably the last place they would think to look,” Deacon suggested, eyes glued to Cady.

Watching the screen go black, “I don’t like it, tempting fate, but we certainly can’t just keep driving around,” mused Stan.

“We could go to my friend Larissa’s place,” Cady suggested. “I could park the car in her back yard, out of sight. No one would ever to think to look there and she’s cool.”

Pursing his mouth, Stan nodded grimly, “I don’t like the idea of involving more people but we are rapidly running out of options,” he acknowledged. “Do it.”

Nodding, Cady started the car and put it into gear.

Looking from Deacon to Cady, Oliver scowled. “You’ve got a love struck look in your eyes,” he stated.

Eyes locked on the enormous girl, “You have no idea how incredibly intrigued I am right now,” Deacon conceded unabashedly.

“I saw how you responded to Sersei,” Oliver supplied, vacillating between keeping quiet and illuminating the other boy to the reality of his experience at the hands of the libidinous girls of Omega Pi.

Turning to his friend, “I dunno, I mean, is it weird, I think I want to, you know,” he started, eyes widening before crimson colored his face.

Oliver shrugged noncommittally. After seeing what Melody did to Bear, Brooklynn and Cerys to Cam, Sersei to him, what could he say to warn his friend? “Might seem fun in theory, but,” he stated, shrugging his shoulders and raising his brows.

Deacon grinned.

Walking over, “What are you two knobs on about?” Stan asked, looking from boy to boy. “Oh.”

Spreading his hands, “Just thinking of possibilities,” Deacon inserted.

Chuckling, Stan glanced at Cady then back to Deacon before shaking his head, “Jesus Christ, to be twenty again and insane for pussy. That thing probably chew you up and spit you out,” he quipped.

Oliver nodded slowly, “Like Kobayashi,” he remarked.

The boy’s response put a smile on Stan’s face. Given all the kid had been through, to be able to joke in face of this absurdity reassured him Oliver was okay upstairs.

“We’re almost there,” Cady said without bothering to look down.

“Good,” Stan replied.

Pulling to a stop, Cady put the car in park and turned off the ignition. Looking down on her three tiny passengers, “I’m not quite sure how this is supposed to work,” she said.

Stan frowned, “Purse I guess and we are definitely going to need that stupid rock but whatever you do DON’T touch it with your bare hand. It might be the only leverage we have to try and get Kent back,” he instructed.

“Should I text her that we’re here? I don’t even know if she is home,” Cady offered.

Looking at the boys, “No, let’s just call this whole thing a little surprise,” Stan answered.