- Text Size +

At first light Special Agent Perry and Agents Watson and Chandler set off down the trail. The mountain air was cooler and thicker than yesterday. They were without their guide, as Perry had decided the park ranger was becoming more of a hindrance than a help to them. Watson had protested, saying they needed someone who knew the area to navigate, which wasn't altogether untrue, but she had an ulterior motive. She saw in the park ranger a potential ally when the shit hit the fan.

They rounded Phelps Lake and headed for the boys' camp first. The tent was set up, the fire was smoking, but the camp looked empty, abandoned.

"Watch your step," Perry said, walking carefully through the camp. "If they kept that rock, they should be only a couple of inches tall by now."

"I'll check the tent," Chandler said.

"I'll help you," Watson volunteered. She pulled back the tent flaps and crouched on her knees at the tent entrance. There were two sleeping bags, two day packs, and two men's outfits, as if they'd been laid out to dry.

"Where do you want to start?" Watson asked.

Chandler produce a pocket knife and ripped the top of tent open. In less than a minute, the tent lay in shreds.

Meanwhile, Perry picked up a discarded can of beans next to the fire. A trail of ants leading out of the woods stopped at the can. She turned it over and shook it. In her experience, you had to check everywhere for these shrunken men.

Watson and Chandler began rummaging through the clothes and sleeping bags. "Found the rock," Watson said. She tossed it to Perry.

"They slept with it? Idiots," Chandler spat contemptuously.

"To them, it's just a rock," Watson said. She froze when she saw movement underneath one of the boy's shirts. Making sure Chandler's back was to her, she lifted the shirt tail up.

It was an ant. She sighed, letting the shirt tail fall.

"Hold on, what's this?" Chandler announced. Watson held her breath. She wanted to get to the boys first.

Chandler reached deep into the sleeping back and brought her hand out in a closed fist.

Perry walked over. "Found 'em?"

"Just one." Chandler stood up and opened her palm. The three female FBI agents looked down at the naked, 2-inch tall man (at most) in Chandler's hand.

"Looks like Matthew Blake," Perry said, squinting at his tiny form. He was identifiable by his jet black hair. She leaned down so her eyes were level with Chandler's hand. "Where's your friend?"

Matt was on his hands and knees, overwhelmed with nausea and shock. These women looked 200 feet tall from his perspective. One of them was saying something to him. Her words boomed like thunder, but he couldn't process them.  

"Ew," Chandler said, as Matt threw up on her palm. She plucked him between the thumb and forefinger of her other hand, and wiped her soiled palm on her jeans.

"He's not going to be able to tell us anything. Here, take this," Perry said, handing Watson the rock. She took Matt and placed him in a capsule about 5 inches long, like a glasses case. The inside of the capsule was lined with cotton. She snapped it shut and put it in her pocket.

"You're not going to give him a vitamin dose?" Watson asked.

Perry rolled her eyes. "Honestly, Agent Watson, are you concerned about these people or our mission?"

Watson jutted her chin. "Both."

"You can't have both. One must come above the other. Let's go."

"What about the other boy?" Chandler asked.

Perry appropriated one of the day packs and slung it over her shoulder. "If you didn't find him in the tent, he's as good as dead. Come on, I don't want to miss collecting the newlyweds."

Chandler looked at Watson, shrugged, and followed her boss.

Watson looked at her feet dejectedly. An ant had crawled onto her sneaker. She was about to shake it off when she realized it wasn't a six-legged creature. It was four-legged. Two legs and two arms, to be precise.

"Help me!" Aaron cried.

She scooped up the young man. He was covered in dirt. No wonder he looked like an insect.

She quickly dropped him in her breast pocket. He was slightly bigger than his friend, by virtue of having marginally less direct contact with the Iota rock. Still, tiny enough to conceal in her pocket. 

She caught up with Perry and Chandler. She snuck a vitamin in her mouth, chewed it up, and fired a ball of spit and crumbled/liquified vitamin into her breast pocket, coating his tiny body. That should slow his shrinking, she thought.



They heard the sounds of lovemaking before the camp came into view.

Perry pulled back the tent flap, and was greeted by a remarkable sight. Derek, less than 3 feet tall, straddled Amber's abdomen, his arms spread wide to hold her big breasts together as he rammed his small penis between them. They were both naked.

Perry laughed, "This is a first, I must say!"

Derek didn't notice them until she spoke. He stopped humping his wife's E cup tits and jumped to his feet, ready to do battle, his erection bouncing ironically in front of him. Amber knew it was a lost cause. They were found.

She pulled her sleeping bag over herself and her husband. Her frantic eyes landed on Watson. They exchanged a fateful look.

"It amuses me to see you two exploring the benefits of Iota shrinkage," Perry said mirthfully. "What puzzles me, though, is why you couldn't wait until you left the park. Did you think the FBI wouldn't find you?"

"What do you want? Why won't you leave us alone?" Amber shot back.

"You committed battery on three law enforcement officers, Amber Lakins of Fort Collins, Colorado. Each count carries 5 years in federal prison."

"How do know my—"

"Get dressed," Perry interrupted. She slipped a pair of handcuffs off her belt. "You and your husband are coming with us."