- Text Size +
Story Notes:

While the story was written I couldn't post it until today. There should be another by the end of August with Lanaya on a bigger scale. I feel the writing is a bit more consistent in this one. Suggestions are welcome, I've tried to include some I had received in this story. 
(Do people prefer having the full stories posted in one go, or should I start posting them as I write?) 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. 

Author's Chapter Notes:

Intro.

Lina knew Rylai wouldn't be in her tent when she sneaked inside. Her sister was far more diligent in her study of magic than she was, so she would be in the library at this hour. A perfect time to look around, fumble with Rylai's things and play her a prank like good old times. It had been a while since they had last seen each other, so she thought she would prepare a little surprise for her. Checking Rylai's belongings didn't yield much though, her sister only had boring books and trinkets, nothing she could tamper with. "How am I supposed to make something blow up in her face when all she has is this? I guess I could always use her blink dagger to appear out of nowhere, but that's so cliché..." Playing with the dagger in her hands, she inspected the runes on it. They weren't the usual ones, and she couldn't quite figure out what they were for until she remembered what Tresdin had talked about the last time they went out together. "But why would Rylai have something like this? She's so prude..." Thinking about this, she realized she had found exactly what she was looking for, something to tease her sister with. She decided she would confront her sister when she came back to see her reaction.

When Rylai came back, she went to her tent to drop off her study books. Instead of finding her things how she had left them, she found her sister Lina lying on her bed, a smile across her face.


-The little pervert is finally back!
-What are you doing here? You come here unannounced, make a mess of my things and insult me, so you better have a good reason.
-I figured you would enjoy a visit from your sister. It's been a while and I thought it would be great to get together for some sisterly bonding.

-Fine. But calling me a pervert is not the best way to make me enjoy your visit. I don't even know why you would call me that. 

-Really? Then why do you have this?

 Lina took the dagger that was beside her, showing her find to her sister, enjoying the sudden crimson of her cheeks.

-Th-that's not what you think! And that's none of your business anyway!
-We both know what it is, sister. Why would you have something like that if you don't use it? 
-I... Alright, I used it, but only with good intentions. I went in that other world in acity to study the little people, and I even helped them. They were really happy I came so I went a few times when I had time, that's all.
-I should have guessed it would be that. It's always so boring with you. Oh, but I know what we should do together! This is perfect place to take some time off together.

 Getting up, she grabbed her sister's hand before she had time to react and she activated the blink dagger, which sent both of them to the last place Rylai went.