- Text Size +

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1073743103 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Cambria",serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:12.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Cambria",serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

 

"Your eye" he said. "We're okay. It's just...we're on the same page so to speak right now. Thinking the same thoughts" Aeris replied. Chad understood now. Extreme emotions broke their link but strong shared emotions merged them. "Hate to ruin the moment but we have to fly back and fast" Ai said. "Understood" Chad said. They both got dressed and flew out. Chad extended the shield to protect Nara as he punched the throttle past the sound barrier. The time was 1703 hrs.   

 

Chad landed outside a training facility. It was 1812 hrs. He was late. "I'll be in the stands" Nara said kissing the cold metal cheek of the STRIKE X. "You're late" Raam said as he walked to the entrance to the primary training room. "Sorry. Had one of those bucket list deals" Chad said. "Just kick some ass without you know...kicking ass" Raam said. Chad understood that as "this is an exhibition match so don't kill anyone". Chad stepped out into the room. Huge and packed. The roof was nearly 2000 ft. tall and the floor spanned out to a mile and a quarter. Bleacher seats and according to Ai there was over 500 Ingress watching and there were cameras everywhere. This was more than an exhibition match.  Chad stepped onto the mat. He looked around curious as to what or who he'd be facing.

 

The noise of the crowd was low as they gazed at the legendary machine. "Chad" Ai said snapping Chad back into focus. A muscled-out Ingress taller than he was stood before him. His pulse quickened as he remembered the Ingress from his training sessions with his father, the one that took him to the edge. The one that even was just a hologram had the deranged look that said she would rip him out of his mech and eat him alive. "Oh shit" he thought. A sudden surprise though as she stepped to the side and behind her was a girl much shorter and younger. Chad couldn't believe it. Standing at 164 ft. tall and barely 16 was an Ingress girl in a special uniform. Her chestnut hair was tied in a ponytail and her steel blue eyes looked calm and serene. She wasn't muscular (per se) at all but her legs had a bit of muscle in them. She was barefoot and her feet looked rough as if she was barefoot most of the time. She looked at him and warmly smiled. "Okay now I feel like a bully" he thought.

 

"Dima Akledes" she said holding her hand out. "Chad Cyrus" Chad said shaking her hand. Chad measured her biometrics through her skin. "Body temp, perspiration, pulse, all normal" Ai said. "Cool customer" Chad said. Chad couldn't see how this match would work. "Sir? Is this even fair?" Chad asked Raam over a comm. "you should worry about yourself. They didn't pick this girl because she's cute. She's supposed to be a prodigy. Those pads on her shoulders, chest, and shins?  Carbon nanotube armor like yours. Watch your ass" Raam said. A man on the sidelines tossed him a training sword (telephone pole sized) like the one he used to use with Nara. The weight of it felt familiar. The teen giantess was tossed one and Chad watched as she expertly twirled it quickly in her hand.   The crowd roared as they took their stances. A middle-aged Ingress woman walked between them. Apparently, she was some kind of referee.

 

"Welcome everyone to the first Ingressa/Union combat exhibition match! Today we will see the best both sides have to offer. Bragging rights people! Now remember this is a friendly match! A chance to learn from each other! Now I will explain to both parties the rules!" the ref yelled. "Dima, your rules are pretty straightforward. No forceful blows to his cockpit. I don't want him pinballing around in there. If you suffer a broken limb the match is over. Captain Cyrus. More rules for you. No forceful blows to her head. No blows at all to the neck. No flying and only use either the practice sword or your fists and feet. If a limb becomes inoperable you lose the match. Best out of five wins. Let's have a clean match. Begin!" the ref yelled running to the side.

 

Chad watched carefully her stance. Her arms were raised slightly as she gripped her sword. Chad remembered his training with Nara and his dad. Watch your opponent. Read their body language. "She probably lacks upper body strength so she probably focuses on speed. Watch her body. Watch...huh?" Chad wondered. Dima began hopping slightly on her right foot over and over. Her toes just barely leaving the mat. Chad didn't know what hit him. Dima launched off her right foot and clocked the STRIKE X in the head hard. Hard enough that it spun on its feet and crashed to the mat. The shock shook the shock absorbers in the cockpit. "Sonovabitch! What speed! Chad thought. "F.Y.I. She was moving at 306 mph." Ai said. "Point Dima!" the ref said as the crowd cheered. Chad stood the machine up and returned to his spot. Dima stretched and looked dead at him with serious eyes and then smiled again. "Okay. That's creepy" Chad said. "Begin" the ref said. Chad relaxed. Let his body and mind connect easier with the link. "Clear you mind" he said. She was hopping again. Dima launched her attack once again and this time Chad side stepped it. Her attack missed and Chad used her off balance to attack himself. Chad went for a strike to her shoulder only to have her whip her sword behind her and parry it. Dima leg swiped Chad causing him to tumble. As he did Dima used her momentum to carry her leg where she used her speed to slam her bare sole right where the cockpit was. A Chad saw before the cockpit shuddered was a scarred pinkish rush of flesh. He landed on his back with a heavy thud. "Point Dima!" the ref yelled. The crowd cheered again.

 

"Dammit. It's going to be a clean sweep at this rate. One more point and she wins" Chad said. "Calm down Chad. This is only a match. Your heart rate is increasing" Ai said. "This isn't only a match. Ingressa thinks they're naturally better than the Union. Better than anyone not their size. Did you see her feet? Signs of old blisters and scars. Since this isn't some third world shithole that can mean only one thing about her. She's been practicing in a dojo most of her life. You get a lot of cuts and blisters kicking targets most of your life. This girl isn't just a random talented Ingress. Not even a prodigy. She's been trained to fight since she could walk I bet. This isn't a match to her. This is a way of life. Got to push myself harder. Ai give me more control. I need a better response time" Chad said. "Chad the mental strain" she warned. "Now" he ordered. Ai relented. Chad felt a twinge on pain in his head like a building migraine. "Focus. Take it all in. Push beyond" Chad muttered. Chad's eyes began to glow.

 

Chad got into position. "Begin" the ref said. Chad watched her with the same stance again. At first Chad was annoyed she would use it again like it was insulting but he pushed away his emotions. He let nothing distract him. Up and down she bounced. It was almost like he could see something he couldn't before. The tendons in her ankle tightening on each bounce like someone winding a spring. Her wrist tightening. He heard something. He heard her voice in his mind. She was counting one and two. Her feet on the mat was one. A bounce was two. Then the giantess took off on a three. Chad stepped to the right and went again to strike her shoulder. She deflected it and went to sweep but that was what he was counting on. Chad saw her smile as she swept her leg and then confusion as he jumped into the air. Her leg completely missed. Chad brought the sword down with frightening speed at her head and killed the momentum at the last moment barely striking her forehead. "Bang" Chad said playfully. "Uh...point Chad" the ref said stunned. The entire audience was stone silent.

 

A small roar of cheers came from Union soldiers that were watching. Chad and Dima returned to their places. "My apologies. It was insulting to keep using my flash strike technique. I was my carelessness that cost me that point. I will not use it again" she said with a grin with narrowing eyes. "Begin" the ref said. True to her word she wasn’t hopping anymore. There was a slight sway in her stance now in her hips. Her toes slightly scrunched as she went right and left. She held the sword with both hands. Chad could hear her thoughts again. "One two. One two" they said. Chad realized that her attacks were learned like a dance number. Each step and movement choreographed to a number. Chad wasn't foolish enough to believe that she would attack again on three though. Chad took in every scrap of data he could get and it was taxing him. Her respiration was steady. Her heartbeat was steady. Even the rate in which she sweat was steady. Then a sudden spike in heartbeat. Dima launched off her right foot and used her right hand as if to strike. Chad dogged left and that's when she went to roundhouse his head. Chad jerked back hard and her foot missed barely. The kick was so close to his camera he could see the chipped unevenness of her toenails. Almost by instinct he counter attacked in a way he didn't know how. With a flat palm strike, he slammed it right into her chest knocking clear off her feet and to the mat. The audience went a collective "whoa".

 

Chad looked at his hand in disbelief. He heard her coughing loudly on the mat. Chad rushed over. "Shit! You okay?!" Chad yelled reaching for the stunned giantess. The girl held her hand out to stop him. "Been hit worse. You know martial arts?" she asked. "No. My mom tried teaching me kenpo when I was a kid but never could get the techniques right" Chad replied. "Well it seems like you did that time" Dima said standing up. "Sorry. I didn't mean to hit that hard. Especially in your...breasts" Chad said. "They're wrapped" she said. "Oh" Chad said awkwardly. "Match point! Begin!" the ref yelled. The titaness stretched her arms and legs. Chad sensed her fierce determination.  Chad knew this point would be the hardest won if he could win at all. Her mind was quiet. Chad was taken aback as she held her arms out. Even if he wasn't a martial artist he could see it was stupid to have a stance so open. He wondered what she was doing.

 

He still couldn't believe someone who weighted 63 tons could be so agile. Chad a sickening suspicion she could even be faster. "Chad?" Ai asked worried. Chad looked at the scanners. Her heartbeat spiked. Body temp went up a full degree. "Did she just increase her metabolism?!" Chad asked. Dima took a deep breath and exhaled. All her vitals slipped back to normal with a second. It sent a shiver up Chad's spine. Chad concentrated and blocked out the screams and roar of the audience. Chad was the first to strike. Dima dodged the sword swipe to her right hip and caught his sword with her armpit. Dima went for a similar blow and Chad mimicked her. Both had caught each other's swords. Dima jumped up quickly and paced her bare feet against his chest and pushed. Chad heard the sound of armor groaning and her ligaments in her toes and ankles stretching. Dima backflipped hard snapping the swords in half. Both of them holding a set broken wooden blades. Dima landed gracefully and charged.

 

Chad was awestruck. His fears realized. She was faster with the broken pieces than the whole sword.    Chad was using everything to just parry. Dima was smiling the whole time. Her eyes were lot up. One word kept popping up in her mind..."finally". Dima was just as her kicks as she was with her fists. Chad was barely dodging her feet. He went to kick her and both legs connected nullifying one another. Dima didn't act like it hurt but it must've. No matter what padding she had a machine just kicked flesh and bone. Dima went to kick with her right foot and Chad took a step forward and caught her leg and clamped down. Dima hopped and spun him with her other leg. It wasn't a point but it was damn close. For the next two agonizing minutes, they parried and circled one another until Dima hit his wrist causing him to drop his stick. Chad quickly chopped her right wrist and she dropped her. Both spun around with their momentum and put it all on one final attack. The crowd held its breath as a gust of air swept through the training floor. Dima and Chad were only a few feet apart from one another. Nobody could see what happened. The ref rushed in and looked. Dima had her stick a foot from the cockpit and Chad had his a foot away from her heart. Both had stopped before something critical could happen. "A draw! No point given! With both sides with two points and a draw this match is a draw!" the ref yelled. Dima smiled genuinely at Chad and he smiled back and nodded. The crowd was murmuring. "This is not what they wanted" Dima said. "Fuck em'. This was a good match" Chad said. "That is was. It's been some time I was pushed so hard". Dima said. "It wasn't fair. My STRIKE X doesn't get tired. Doesn't feel pain" Chad said. "A martial artist doesn't complain about unfairness. They find a way around such things. If anything it was unfair on my part. I've been training since I was four. The best in the country. It was no coincidence they could me to fight you. I think we pissed off some people today" she said.

 

"Again. Fuck em'" Chad said. Dima smiled again. "Yeah. Fuck em" she said. Chad popped the hatch and stepped forward. "It was a pleasure Dima" Chad said holding his hand out. Dima gently took it between her fingers and shook. "The pleasure was mine Chad" she said. Seeing them shake caused a series of claps in the crowd which slowly built. "Can I give you a tip?" Chad asked. Dima nodded. "Smile more. You're very cute when you smile" he said smiling. Dima blushed beet red. No male had ever said she was cute. Dima noticed Chad was cute as well now. "I... I will try" she stammered. Chad waved at her as he stepped off the mat. Chad was winded. "What's happened to you? Your brainwaves are erratic" Ai said. "It's nothing. Just going through some changes. What's her group?"  he asked pointing to Dima. "1st infantry according to the IFF database" Ai replied. "The front lines. Damn" Chad muttered. "She's good Chad. Good enough to survive" Ai said. "Then why am I still worried?" he asked. "Because you have a heart" she replied.

 

"Nice way to end this Cyrus! Forcing a draw was very diplomatic" Raam said. "It was luck and nothing else. Damn I need a drink" Chad said. "You go get yourself one pilot" Raam said saluting and walking off. Chad watched as Raam spoke to Ingress officers. The officers didn't look happy. Raam's smile didn't help matters. "Rub that shit in sir" Chad said grinning. Chad saw Aeris leaning against the wall with her arms crossed. She was not happy.

 

"What's with the frowny face?" Chad asked. "Get out now" Aeris said pointing to the hatch. Chad popped it and stepped out. Aeris held her palm out for him to step into which he did. She brought him to her face. "I thought so" she said. Chad was about to speak when he felt a breeze tell him there was a wetness on his upper lip and underneath his nose. He wiped his hand across it and saw it was blood. He had a nosebleed. "You used you powers didn't you?" she asked. "...yeah" he said. "What did I tell you?! You can't handle that much power yet! You did more than read her mind didn't you?!" she yelled. "I uh...controlled the STRIKE X more. Increased the neurolink" he said. "So, you did that plus dove deep into her mind at the same time. Of all the reckless..."

 

"It was necessary! She was kicking my ass out there!" Chad yelled. "I can't fault you using it in a life or death situation but this wasn't life or death was it?! This was just a bullshit fight with a teenage girl!" Aeris yelled. "Look I don't need you to babysit me! I'm a grown ass man! I get you get worried but it's my decision on when and what to use this power on. Not yours!" Chad yelled. Aeris bawked and paced him back in the STRIKE X. Aeris began crying then the glow disappeared. Chad realized he really hurt her for that to happen. "Way to be an asshole" Nara muttered walking off. Chad sat there in the cockpit. "I'm sorry" he projected. Nara spun around with a looks could kill glint in her eyes. Chad watched her disappear. "I think I'll get that drink" he said.

 

Chad wandered the streets aimlessly deep in thought and remorse. He shook the occasional hand and took a picture with a fan but his mind was elsewhere. He found an out of the way bar and left his machine in the parking lot. He stepped in. It was Ingress sized naturally. The bar was 120 ft. high and the stools around 75 ft. Weren’t many humans or hybrids his size inside. He wasn't expecting any. Change doesn't occur overnight after all. A kind barmaid placed him to the bar. He saw jukebox controls and used his hand to slap the giant screen and selected a song. An old song. Chad listened to the opening guitar riff.

 

"I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind. Leaving my body somewhere in the sands of time. I watched the world float to the Dark Side of the moon. I feel there is nothing I can do..."

 

Chad listened to the old 21st century song as a bartender walked over to him. "What'll it be?" the 30 something giantess asked. "Got something for an idiot?" he asked. "I'll find something" she smirked. The giantess returned with a tiny glass for him full of a brown liquor. Chad took a sip and it took his breath away. "Fuck me" he said. "You the tiny man that was on tv?" the bartender asked. "The one and only" he replied. "Thought so. You look sadder in person though" she said. "Well I hurt someone I care about a while ago" he said. "That pretty girl? Aeris?" she asked. Chad had to remember the entire country saw that feed. "Yep. My fault. She was just worried is all" he said taking another swig. "Ah. One of those things. You did something foolish and she went off on you and you didn't like it" she said. Chad lowered his head. "You ain't the first. Let me give you some advice. When you got someone that takes time to get in your ass about something reckless you did you better appreciate it. That mean they care" the giantess said pointing to him. "Sounds like you got experience in that" Chad said.  The giantess bartender cocked her head to one side and sighed. "Yeah I do and they didn't listen" she said.

 

"Once upon a time an employed some human girl as barmaids. Not like they could carry drinks and shit for my customers but they were eye candy you understand? Well sometimes the girls got competitive for tips and I didn't care. As long as they weren't fucking on the bar. Hell, drove up customers. Flash some leg or titty and get some extra cash. Well one girl was taking it too far. We all called her Candy because of her red hair. Young girl and pretty. Knew it too. Candy wore the shortest skirts she could here and made sure to bend over a lot. Showing off that tiny ass to guys. She got them wound up bad and it's not good to wind up a man that much and not fuck. I told her to dial it down but she said she knew what she was doing. Then one night this one guy came in. He'd been a regular for a moment and always asked for Candy. Nothing unusual right? Well after an hour of him coming in, he and Candy were playing this game."

 "Candy would take off her footwear and stockings and pick up the ice cubes from his glass with her legs and feet and hold them out. Then the guy would suck her legs and feet into his mouth and suck and eat the liquored-up ice cube. This probably went on for a few minutes and I went to pour a drink. I was gone maybe a minute. When I came back I saw the guy swallowing something bigger than an ice cube. I knew what it was. He slapped his money down and promptly walked out. I rushed to where he was sitting hoping I was wrong but her tiny saliva soaked shirt laying on the table was proof of what happened. Never saw Candy or that man again. So, I say again. If someone worries about you you better goddamn listen" she said seriously.

 

Chad nodded. "Got some more customers needing me" she said leaving him.  Chad was almost finished with his drink when someone sat on the barstool next to the bar. A giant finger passed a foot from him. The black fingernail shining in the light. It pressed a button for the jukebox controls and a new song began playing.

 

"All my friends are heathens take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves. You don't know the half of the abused"

 

"Twenty One Pilots. Circa 2016. Not many people listen to the classical" Chad said looking up at the stranger. She was as tall as he thought. 175 ft. She maybe 18 or 19 and wore a black dress with open toed heels that were fire red. Her nails were all black as he could see without leaning over the edge of the table. She was stunning with her black hair coming down past her shoulders. "Not many know the artists either. The 20th and 21sr century was the best time for music in my opinion" she said. "Don't I know it. Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and don't get me started with the jazz greats" Chad said. "I love jazz. Listening to Billie Holiday's "Stormy Weather" during a thunderstorm is so relaxing" she said. Chad chuckled. The giantess leaned in and extended her finger. "Sabrina Smith" she said. "Chad Cyrus" Chad said shaking her finger. As she pulled her finger back, Chad yelped a little in pain. "Did I hurt you?" she asked. "Your nail cut my finger. I'm alright. I didn't inherit my dad's size but I did get his healing ability. I'll be fine in a few minutes" he said. "Sorry. I guess my nails are kinda sharp" she said.

 

"Everybody is on edge tonight" she said. "The fate of a species or two is going to be decided tomorrow" Chad said.  "It wouldn’t be the first time the world would be faced with possible destruction. I don't just like 20th and 21st century music. I'm a fan of its history too. You ever hear of the Doomsday Clock?" she asked. Chad shook his head. "It's a symbolic clock created by scientists after the detonation of the first atomic bombs. In 1945 it was at 11:53. The thing is if it hits 12:00 then it's doomsday. It doesn't have to be nuclear either. Could be biological or chemical warfare but the money was on nuclear war. Man did humanity come close. The clock was abolished in 2060 though just as the Union was formed. What would those scientists say now though with the Ingress and hybrids living on Earth now? Would that clock apply to all of us or just them?" she asked.

 

There was a tone of cynicism in her voice. "Seeing how we all share this planet and we're all dying right now I'd say the former" he replied. "Hybrids are dying a great deal but not as much as Ingress" she said. Chad looked at her as if something was off about her. "That's a strange attitude coming from someone who is Ingress or wait...a hybrid right? Your name is really human sounding" he said. She narrowed her eyes. "You're right. The Doomsday Clock can apply here. Seven minutes to midnight? No, last I heard almost a quarter of the hybrid population is dead. Six minutes to midnight" she said nodding. "Lady what is your damage?" he asked. "Tell me Chad. Is the world better with the Ingress? The thing about a foreign species is that it disrupts the natural order of an ecosystem. These Progenitors are a good example of this. Way I see it it's a way of restoring balance to a system" she said. Chad couldn't believe what he was hearing. He immediately thought he might've stumbled onto a True Way sympathizer but the callousness of how she described Ingress precluded that.

 

"Look. I don't know why you think that way but what makes you think this Progenitor coming our way will stop at hybrids? I can tell you from personal experience that this man is the epitome of evil and I seriously doubt after it’s all said and done that he will return to the Sea of Tranquility or wherever the fuck he came from. Think about it. Tens of thousands of Ingress under his mental control and billions of tiny puny creatures as playthings. You ever had a bug infestation in your house? Did you care about snuffing a couple thousand out here and there? That how he sees humans too. I know" he said. The giantess put her finger on her cheek to rest her head. "These were the thoughts you read in his mind?" she asked. Chad dropped his glass.

 

"How...how do you know that?" he stammered. "You are a fascinating person Chadwick Cyrus. You do raise a valid point though. One valid enough I need to tell others about" she said standing up and leaving. Chad raced after her sliding down a power cord behind the jukebox screen control nearby. The giantess was taking her time leaving as Chad ran as fast as he could. He had to know who she was. Only a handful of people knew he could read minds. It was above top secret. He caught up to her in the parking lot. "WHO ARE YOU?!" he yelled. She smiled at him and placed her finger over her lips in a shushing motion. "At least tell me if you're friend or foe" he said. "Chad. You got friends you don't even know. After our talk, me included" she said. Chad watched in utter astonishment as her form changed from a late teen giantess into a mech. "Impossible. A black STRIKE X. Wait...there's something on the left shoulder. A symbol. It looks like...oh shit" he said. Chad recognized the symbol from history books. The last letter of the Greek alphabet. Omega.

 

The mech disappeared in a cloak just as fast as it revealed itself and with a gust of wind blasted into the sky. "Ai! Tell me you saw that!" Chad yelled running up to his own machine. "Only for a second. They're gone. No radar or infrared. Even their exhaust is masked. Perfect. Chad. My memory files indicated that was the Omega insignia used during the war" she said. "I figured as much" he said. "Contacting Raam" she said. "Belay that. We're not telling a soul. That woman (guessing she was one) knew very personal details about me. We got a spy in our midst and telling him could tip them off or at least cause panic. We don't need that now. Tell nobody Ai" he said. "Understood" she said. "Good. Take me back to the hotel. I got some apologizing to do" he said.

 

“Agent 009 to Elysium. I’ve acquired the DNA sample of Chadwick Cyrus” Smith said flying under cloak. “What was your impression of him?” a voice asked. “Interesting. If the reports of him having mental abilities are true, I saw no hint of them. He did bring up valid points though about this war. Are we planning an intervention?’ Smith asked. “Only if the subject is in extreme danger. There might be a use for him in the future” the voice replied. “Understood Elysium” Smith said closing the channel.

 

Chad walked into his room. Only one light was lit. Nara had her back to the door and sat at a giant desk. There were crumpled up pieces of paper lying on the floor bigger than he was. One foot was tucked under her butt and the other was swaying right and left rhythmically as she hummed a tune. "Damn. That won't sound right" she said crushing another piece of paper and tossing it over her shoulder. The 200-lb. wad of paper missed him by 10 ft. "She's still pissed" he thought. Chad snuck under her seat till he was a few feet from her bare foot. It stopped swaying. Her toes scrunched causing her sole to wrinkle. He felt warmth radiate from her sole. The smell of rose petals from her feet. Chad touched it gently feeling the grooves of her prints in her flesh. Her ball of her foot and pads of her giant toes were the color of fresh watermelon.

 

Chad had learned to appreciate the beauty of her feet for some time now. He shucked off his pants as his erection strained in them. He gave soft kisses and licks to her sole and it twitched. Nara felt something but was too engrossed in her task to really feel it. It was only when he rubbed his body against her sole when Nara felt something. She instinctively jerked her foot and sent Chad to the floor. "What the hell was...oh. You" she said looking under the desk. "Hey" he said standing up. He kissed her toes lovingly. "You think worshipping my feet will fix what you said?" Nara said. "Of course not. I'm sorry. Nara and Aeris. I'm very sorry for what I said" Chad said. Nara rolled her foot over him. His head poking between her toes. "Say I'm sorry Goddess for being an asshole" she said. "I'm sorry Goddess for being an asshole!" Chad yelled. "Now beg to worship my foot" Nara said grinning. "May I please worship your foot?" he said. "Very well. You may...jerk off onto my big toe" she said.

 

Nara raised her foot up so he could crawl out from under it. She placed it back down and Chad kissed and licked her big toe. He began jerking off and came all over her toenail. Nara giggled playfully as she smeared his tiny drops of semen all over her toenail. She licked her finger before picking him up. "We love you. That’s why we're concerned" she said. "I know and I'm sorry. Really sorry" he said. They kissed and she placed him on the desk. "What're you doing?" he asked seeing her writing on paper. It was rare for anyone to use paper anymore. "Writing a song if you can believe it. Me and... Kana found that my jamming signal worked best when I sang. Makes sense. Would you rather listen to a buzzing sound or music? Music right? Kana was humming a pretty tune and it worked. She never got to teach me the lyrics though so I'm writing some" she said. "Looks like you're having trouble" he said. "Yeah. It's harder than it looks. Have to find the right words. Invoke emotions. Feelings. Something strong enough to break his hold" she said. "May I give a word of advice?" he said. She nodded.

 

"The best music comes from the heart. Forget trying to find the right words. Forget trying to find that perfect chord, refrain, or hook. Just write from your heart. The best artists that ever sang did that. Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, even Biggie himself said that what they wrote came right out of the blue with no planning or active thought. It just came to them. Clear that giant brain of yours and just...be" he said. Nara looked at him. She petted his still half naked body. "Thanks" she said. Chad laid on the desk watching her write until he fell asleep. The next day he awoke and she was staring out of the window. She was stark naked. Her eyes were closed and he swore he saw a faint glow from her skin. "Aeris? Nara?" he asked. "Good morning. We got time before we have to save the world. Wanna find a use for it?" she asked. Chad stood up.

 

"Yes. Yes, I do"

      

 

   

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

This is it! The final chapter is next! What will happen? Who will survive? Can Aeris, Chad, and united Union and Ingressa forces win? See it from perspectives including ones from old characters. And one that will lay the groundwork for the next big series. Stay tuned for the final chapter "By your powers combined..."