- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter contains feet.

Grinning, I began to walk back toward the loafers. I took the one with the girl into my hands and observed its leather body as well as the hard leather sole then nodded and slid it onto my foot. I took time to move into it to add to the suspense for the small woman, until I felt my contact with her and I immediately embraced her with my toes and pulled her within.


She immediately began to squirm and fight underneath my toes, and I took care to press into her and quell her rebellion. When she had ceased movement I used my smaller and more nimble toes to force her beneath my big toe. Soon I had positioned her head underneath it and I began to drum up and down onto her. It felt good to be subjugating someone.


When I had drummed enough that I couldn't feel a single bit of shifting from the girl, I was satisfied enough to put on my other shoe and return to my seat. I would leave the girl in my shoe until I felt she should exit it.


After I had sat back in my seat I looked into the box at the other two people. They were both men, and one of them was dressed in a business suit, similar to the ones that people in my office would wear. He looked into my eyes and squinted and I picked him up, cradling him between my hands. He started trying to talk to me, but I didn't want to hear it, I didn't want to hear anything.


I got exhausted with his shouting, so I pulled him in for a kiss. My lips covered the entirety of his body. I pressed him down, deeply into my hands, and then I moved away and looked at him. He was now damp and covered in lip gloss which gave his complexion a slick sheen. It was funny to look at so I laughed in his face.


I put him back into the box and took the other one, another man who was dressed in a plaid button up and jeans. I had shrunken him in the corner of a book store while he was browsing for Joyce. The choice in literature interested me but not enough to strike up a conversation. Like the others I shrunk him without a word and put him into my purse where he stayed until I took him home and left him within the shoebox.


Remembering this, it made me realize that for the most part I hadn't spoken any words to the people I had shrunken and for that I felt guilt. The first person I had shrunken didn't hear a single word from me before he died and perhaps that gave his life zero purpose. Maybe that was cruel of me. As I sat staring at the shrunken man I felt a light squirming under my big toe, and I pushed downward with my toe roughly until it stopped again.


And now I'd realized that when I kissed the business man, that was the first kiss I'd had since high school and I had to force it upon someone who I didn't find attractive. Perhaps that was a waste, a mistake. But regardless it made my heart flutter and I smiled, directing my eyes back to him. I hoped I wasn't blushing.


It sucked to graduate, I don't think I'd grown much since then. No one told me that after school all of the popularity you had was superficial. In the real world it becomes a lot harder to find men that are willing to approach you and get your number. I just miss that feeling so much, seeing that someone found you attractive enough to hit on you.


Is it weird that I'm jealous of the younger women who get cat called? They complain so much but sometimes I wish that were me. I don't think I received enough attention as a kid, call me melodramatic. I should get back to my story...


So I closed the shoebox and removed my loafer. I felt the girl plastered to the bottom of my big toe, glued with sweat. I slowly peeled her off to avoid injuring her, then looked over her body. She was slick and covered in the black threads of my sock. Seeing that gave me the idea to drop her into my sock as well and see how that would go, so I did. When I put the sock back on I arranged her between my second and third toe then squeezed tightly onto her until it seemed like she was about to burst.


There was no purpose in doing that unless I walked around to abuse her, so I stood and returned to my kitchen. I opened my fridge to see if I had anything to eat or drink and my eyes wandered to a bottle of Cîroc. I don't know, but it seemed funny to give the person in my tummy something to drink, so I took the bottle out and poured some into a shot glass then drank.


Of course that made me feel worse, but it didn't matter. I walked from the kitchen to my living room and sat onto the couch. I set the foot that contained the girl onto my table and then bumped the bottom of my loafer onto it while pushing my toes down so that the ball of my foot lifted and the girl dropped beneath the arch of my foot and then I returned the bottom of my foot onto the insole of the shoe and felt her squirming under me. Again I felt the positive feeling of subjugating another human.


You know, it gets boring to sit in your living room doing nothing within ten minutes but I chose to sit for an hour. I wanted my foot to get hot and sweaty and potentially drown the girl in my shoe. I should have turned the thermostat higher but I wasn't thinking. Occasionally I returned to the kitchen and did another shot but for the most part I sat in the living room and thought.


I thought a lot about work, and eventually I felt buzzed enough that I started getting emotional. Crying becomes a lot easier when you're drunk. Soon I lied on the couch curled into a ball while I silently wept. I don't know what I was crying about other than work, but work didn't make me sad. So I guess it was for nothing.


When I saw on the clock that it had been an hour I realized how I hadn't felt any movement from the girl in my shoe for a while. It seemed like it was a good time to remove her so I slipped my loafer off and removed my sock then removed the girl into my hand. She looked dead, but after I pressed my thumb into my stomach and squeezed she returned to life, she was only unconscious.


She seemed to be muttering, trying to speak to me. In a moment of compassion I brought her to my ear to listen but it only sounded like delirious babbling so I took her away and looked at her to see her condition. The light from my ceiling fan was painful and blinding after spending so long with my eyes closed, but I could make out that she was coated from head to toe with toe jam and it had filled her mouth as well. That was likely why she couldn't speak well...


I had wanted to have her try to climb my foot or massage it, but it seemed like there was nothing she would be capable of doing now. It seemed like she could die at any time. I walked back to my room with my sock and loafer in hand and returned the girl to the box where she could rest. Another person would have to do it.


I decided to use the other person instead of the man I had kissed. I wanted to try to talk to him even if he couldn't speak back to me. We went to the living room where I placed him onto the table and put my foot in his face then told him to climb it or else he would be killed like the other two people. Immediately he ran to my heel and embraced it but he couldn't seem to go any further. I told him that it didn't matter and he had to find a way up or else he would die. Maybe that would motivate him into an innovative idea.


Eventually I felt compelled to speak with him as I had planned. I told him that he had good taste in literature despite it being entry level for genre fiction. I told him that I was sorry that he wouldn't get to finish Ulysses or whatever he had planned on reading then laughed at myself. I apologized and told him that I didn't actually care.


Being drunk not only makes you emotional, it also makes you open up more easily. As he kicked and punched at my heel in frustration I talked to him about work and what I had been thinking about and soon I was crying again. It was cruel of me but I told him that I wouldn't kill him because I liked his dedication to climbing my foot and I wanted to talk to him more, but that wasn't true. He couldn't be changed back so the only thing I could do is kill him. It didn't matter anymore.


When I fell silent I guess that his thoughts became clearer without my ranting. I watched as he moved to the area above my ankle and quickly scaled my leg using my leg hairs that I often neglected to shave. That was cool I told him, and soon he used the hairs on the top of my foot and toes and he reached the peak of my big toe and sat on top of it with his arms crossed. It seems like he was proud, and with the news that he wouldn't die he was in a better mood.


I told him that I had lied about him living then I tipped my foot over and he fell onto the table. He stood and tried to run so I moved my foot over and slammed it next to him so he would trip. Before he could stand I placed my shoe wearing foot onto the table as well and trapped him between them.


Then I stood to my feet and kept my shoe wearing foot beside him on the table and when he tried to run I began to hover my foot over him. I taunted him and said that he should have climbed faster and maybe I would have had sympathy, then I said that I was sorry and that was a lie too. I put my foot down roughly and crushed him beneath the thick heel of my loafer, then ground in a spiral until his body had completely given out with a series of pops and cracks.


On the heel of the shoe was a fine red paste. I went to the kitchen and grabbed some moist towelettes from a container in a cabinet and cleaned the shoe off and then with the other side of the towelette I cleaned the table then threw the towelette away. I returned to my room.


Back in my room I looked into the shoebox which I had unintentionally left open. The girl was awake now, and neither of the two had tried to escape. Instead, the girl was resting her head in the man's lap, and he was hunched over her, hugging her body and cradling her gently. They both cast a long shadow in the lamplight. I shouldn't have drank, seeing that made me keel over and vomit onto the carpet.