- Text Size +

Day after day, week after week, month after month and eventually year after year, dear Rowan kept up her diary entries. She detailed the arrival of her dreamboat William to the base, though she never quite got past the starry eyed feeling she got when she saw him face to face. Much jubilation was recorded on the page when Sprout made his debut on the science team, as well as the giggling descriptions of his face when he first saw Rowan shed her clothes.

It was no secret among the troops deployed at Roswell that Rowan was by far and away the most beloved person on the entire base, and not for purely base reasons. Even during her free time, Rowan took a great deal of pleasure exploring the grounds of the facility and conversing with anyone who gave her the opportunity. Officers, scientists, guards, cooks, even the janitors were at some point on the receiving end of her attentions. Where possible she would offer to help them out with whatever task they were assigned to, learning basic skills at the same time as she bonded with her colleagues.

It was also no secret that Rowan’s abilities were having a permanent effect on her. It was a gradual effect, so gradual that it took the science team several months to properly notice, but one it had been located it was undeniable. Every time Rowan used her powers to grow more than twice her own height, her ‘normal’ size would increase as a result. If it was only minor growth, then the increase might only be a few millimeters. But if her growth was more pronounced, scaling up to the height of the clouds, her ‘normal’ figure would be boosted by centimeters or inches in response.

By the time her twenty-fifth birthday rolled around, Rowan’s smallest height had been expanded to fifteen feet, three inches. This made her understandably a bit too conspicuous to the casual observer, and the Colonel had long ago forbidden her from visiting the local town. It was an unfortunate security requirement, but she was happy enough to not defy him on the matter. Anyone she genuinely cared about from her old life had already been quietly introduced into the fold of the Roswell operations, so the loss of a dozen casual acquaintances was an acceptable price to pay.

Today though, there wouldn’t be a soul on the planet, let alone in Roswell, who wouldn’t be aware of Rowan’s powers.

“Hiya sprout!” Rowan said with a huge, toothy smile as she peered in the second-story window of the lab complex, her feet firmly planted down on the pavement far below. She never failed to get a kick of amusement out of the startled look on the young man’s face when she arrived unannounced; that look of bewildered alarm followed by a lopsided grin of pleasant realization. He straightened his spectacles and rose from his chair, walking briskly over to the window to greet her properly.

“Hello Rowan, how are you today?”

“I’m just wonderful Sprout,” she replied, her cheerfulness bubbling over as she rested her elbows on the sill and propped her chin up in her palms, “do you know what today is?”

“I sure do!” The perilously scrawny fellow turned on the spot and shot a quick glance around his office space, the tails of his lab coat fluttering about with each motion. After a few seconds, he darted over to his work bench and scooped up a fist-sized parcel in a brown paper bag. Trotting back to the window, he thrust the package towards Rowan’s arms with a sheepish smile on his face. “Happy Birthday Ro!” 

She tilted her head a little to the size and wrinkled her nose at the young man, cocking an eyebrow expectantly. Chuckling awkwardly, Sprout planted one hand on the window sill before leaning out and planting a kiss on the large lady’s cheek. Her expression beamed in response as she accepted the present, hooking a single finger beneath the paper and ripping it open with one motion. 

“Thank you Sprout!” She paused, examining the trinket in her palm. “What is it exactly? It’s very pretty.”

“Glad you like it!” He replied, a pink hue to his cheeks as he scratched the back of his neck. “It’s just a necklace I made out of some of the spare parts from the last test. The symbol is from one of those books you were telling me about; it’s the mark of the Goddess in the… second one I think?”

“Oh Gosh, so it is! Aww, thank you so much Sprout, it’s wonderful!”

“Heh, I was going to make you a ring, but I realized that you’d probably outgrow it before long. At least with the necklace, you’ll be able to just keep replacing the string each time you get taller.”

“Good thinking!” Rowan gazed at the necklace, ideas brewing slowly in the back of her head. Symbol of a Goddess huh? Wouldn’t that be something. Snapping back to reality, she leaned in the window and wrapped her arms around the young man, pulling him into an affectionate hug before releasing him. “Okay! I’d better let you get back to work; I’ll see you later on?”

“Absolutely! I’m sure the fellows probably have some sort of birthday bash planned for you.” Rowan chuckled at the notion.

“I wouldn’t put it past them… later Sprout!”

As she turned away from the window, a flush of intense heat pulsed down Rowan’s body from the top of her head to the tips of her toes. She clutched impulsively at the side of the lab building, her mouth opening in response as she gasped. Her thighs squeezed together, a pink hue to her cheeks while the feeling ran its course. Chewing on her lip momentarily, she clenched her fists as the urge to grow herself flooded through her veins. 

Surely it would be okay if she did it just for a minute, right? I mean, she’d been so good for so many years, and she’d never once broken the rule about growing too big on the airstrip itself. The tarmac supported the weight of jet planes! It could absolutely carry a few extra feet of Rowan.

Just as she was about to let herself rise into the sky, her eyes settled in the distant form of the Colonel conversing with a few of the guards on duty. Her heartrate slowed as she took in the sight of him, her pulse receding and the heat gradually dying down until she was more or less back to normal. Golly, what was that all about?!

Trotting briskly away from Sprout’s lab in case she accidentally knocked in a wall, Rowan found herself being intercepted by a pair of young men in uniform, doffing their hats to her as they approached and flashing a warm smile at their colossal colleague. 

“Mornin’ Miss Rowan!”

“And good morning to you too Mr. Nordon, Mr. Slattery.” Rowan curtsied politely, looking back and forth between the two men. 

“Happy Birthday to you young Miss, how’s the day treatin’ you?”

“Just splendid in fact! I just saw Spro- uh, Mr. Tyler. He gave me a lovely present.”

“That’s swell Miss! Have you seen Mr. Hill this morning?”

Rowan’s heart leapt into her throat, her cheeks flaring red as her fingers entwined curiously. A dopey, excited smile spread across her face as she practically bounced on the tips of her feet. 

“M-Mr. Hill? Will- I mean… Mr. H-Hill was looking f-for me?”

The guards feigned ignorance to the young lady’s obvious reaction, suppressing a slight smirk on their part as they nodded. 

“He sure was Miss; he’s not on patrol for another half hour, so I’d wager you’ll find him in the barracks. Said he went to visit your room but you were out.”

“Well thank you kindly boys! I’d better not keep him waitin’ if he’s lookin’ for me; could be important business!”

“That it could Miss; take care!”

As the pair marched off, Rowan had to fight not to squeal in delight. William had asked to see her! He was seeking her out specifically! He had always been as polite to her as everyone else had been of course, but he only ever spoke to her if they ran into each-other; he’d never actually made a point of coming to find her! Practically jogging on the spot, Rowan blew off a few seconds of steam before setting off at a brisk trot for the barracks. 

She looked her outfit up and down, brushing down the crinkles and straightening every last bow, ribbon and strand of cloth. Her eyes came to rest of her bust, bringing her to a screeching halt just outside the main doors. Would it be more enticing for dear William if she were more… womanly? In all the time she’d known him, she’d never been brave enough to broach the question of what exactly he looked for in a woman. Did he prefer slender women? Voluptuous women? It would be extremely unfortunate if he preferred short women. In the end however, Rowan decided to just go as she was. Deep down inside, she knew that it was the right thing to do. 

It had been years since she could actually fit inside the dinky little structure, but that didn’t mean the folks inside couldn’t come out to speak with her. Bending down and reaching out to rap her knuckles on the door, Rowan did her best to avoid last week’s performance and not dent the metalwork. 

After a few seconds, the door swung open… and there he was. Rowan practically saw stars as she let her gaze linger on his unbearable handsome face. 

“Well howdy there young Miss Rowan.” Golly, she never got sick of listening to him talk. “Happy Birthday!” 

“Thank you Wi-, uh, Mr. Hill.”

“C’mon now, I’m off duty, you can call me Will.”

The blush that consumed Rowan’s face also manifested in her throat in the form of an uncontrollable giggle of happiness.

“Of course, Will!” She paused for a moment, wondering if she should curtsy or if it was too late in the conversation for that. “So… you wanted to see me?”

“That I did! It is your birthday after all; I’ve got a very special present for you.”

“O-oh?” Rowan’s anticipation grew, partially in response to the sudden pulse of nervous energy that tingled inside her, “what is it?” She could practically feel her insides straining to unleash her growth, but she held onto the reigns so as not to ruin the moment.

“Well, I’m afraid I need your help with it,” William replied with a winning smile, “if you’d be so kind, could I ask you to crouch down and hold out your hands about here?” He gestured to his belly button. Rowan gladly obliged, bunching her dress up around her knees and bending until she was balanced in the position the young man had requested. 

“Like that?”

“Perfect; now close your eyes.” Rowan’s heart hammered against her ribcage, squeezing her eyes tight shut and all but holding her breath as she waited. After a couple of seconds, she felt the weight of one fuzzy, sock-clad foot pressing on the palm of her hand. A moment later, the other sock pressed down beside it; the full weight of William Hill amounting to little more than a large doll at this point. 

Her skin prickled and burned blissfully as she felt his palms against her shoulders, balancing himself before… 

The world slowed to a crawl as her mind made the connection a fraction of a second before it happened. A small wave of breath washed over her cheek, followed by his lips. The soft, warm peck was over and done with in an instant, but in her head it lasted for an eternity.

There was a pause as Rowan’s eyes drifted open, turning to gaze at the young man standing on her hands. He was smiling at her with all the raw charisma and appeal she’d known since the first time she clapped eyes on him... and that was all she could take.

“I liked that present very much.” She replied, her voice trembling as she sank onto her knees. “As it so happens, I also have a present for you; two actually. The first is a gift I’ve wanted to give you for quite a few years now…” Bending forwards at the hips, Rowan planted a kiss on William’s lips that strayed quickly from an affectionate peck into a long, lusty smooch. When she pulled away, any self-doubt that she might have had about William not enjoying the moment evaporated when she saw the stunned, lopsided grin on his face. 

“Wow… Ro… that was-”

“The other…” Rowan interrupted, her voice little more than a breathy whisper at this point, “is one that I’ve only just decided to give you.”

The large lady’s focus turned to the floodgates in her subconscious that had been valiantly straining up to this point to keep her urges in check. They alone were all that stood between her and the flood of growth that was aching to be unleashed. With a shuddering sigh she flipped her mental latch… and let it all out.

Chapter End Notes:

This story was a commission for Berggie.

 

If you'd like to commission me, hit me up on my D.A account: PerspectiveShift