- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I know, it's been a long time but I think I should at least post this, lest you think I'm dead or something. 

“ Hey Jessica!”

 

Caitlin’s eyes narrowed at the lack of response from the giantess. She knew Jessica was in the tent and since Jessica’s ears were purportedly able to detect a whisper from a hundred yards away, she had to have heard her.

 

“ Jessica!” Despite the bark, there was nothing, no response from her.

 

“Ugh,” Caitlin grunted as she folded her arms across her chest indignantly, the newspaper in her hand pressed against her modest chest. She couldn’t stand the defiance she showed, the lack of respect she showed towards her and Jack. To her, Jessica acted with an air of arrogance that wasn’t suited to a guest of hers.

 

“JESSICA!” Caitlin called out, using all of the air in her lungs, her voice cracking from strain.

 

The ground began to rumble as deep within the tent, tonnes of human flesh stirred and shifted about.

 

Finally, Caitlin thought to herself.

 

Caitlin spotted Jessica’s head rise up above the tent, followed by the ascent of her shoulders, her smooth tanned back facing her. She was wearing the tentage she ‘borrowed’ in Miami again, getting a roll of the eyes from Caitlin for that.

 

Jessica took a couple of steps forward, her hundred and twenty foot strides easily closing the gap between her and Caitlin. Unlike other times, she didn’t kneel when talking to Caitlin but maintained a standing position over her. She allowed her shadow to fall over Caitlin, who had to crane her neck all the way up.

 

“What is it?” Jessica snapped, her huge eyes burrowing into Caitlin’s own.

 

For a moment, Caitlin lost her train of thought, shocked by the look on Jessica’s face. It was like staring into the eye of a tornado, a force of nature unmatched by any human being. It took her a few seconds before she could recall exactly why she called for her.

 

“ You made the news again,” Caitlin announced , Jessica remaining unimpressed or moved by it.

 

   “ I am in the news everyday, whether I choose it or not,” Jessica growled while tapping her foot on the ground.

 

 “ I bet I could pick my nose and they’ll put it on the front page. Giant woman picks nose, where does she put the booger?” Jessica said sarcastically. She snorted at her joke, smirking at the time Caitlin had just wasted.

 

 “ I don’t disagree with you but this should interest you more.”

 

 Caitlin opened up the paper and turned to page three where she proceeded to read the story to her.

 

 “ Harold Barnes, a neighbour and victim of Jessica, the rogue giantess terrorising the upper class town of Palm Creek revealed the nightmare of living so close to the monstrous girl….”

 

 “ So what? Harold’s an ass, always has been and I don’t care what he says to anyone. They’ll print that because they think it’ll sell papers.”

 

 “ I agree, you’re not that interesting but he’s mentioned other stuff too. Like your father….”

 

  At the mere mention of him, Caitlin felt something triggered within Jessica. Like a dam bursting or a uranium core undergoing fission, the thought jolted her.

 

 Her eyes narrowed, “ Tell me what he said .” It was so much of a request as it was a command and every nerve in Caitlin’s body twitched, compelled to obey the larger force.

 

 “ I-I don’t think that’s a good idea, you might do something-”

 

 “Something I’ll regret? That depends on what he said, Caitlin. Now tell me, read it out to me,” she insisted.

 

  “ You really shouldn’t-”

 

   “Just do it, I’m not going to sit back and let him shoot his mouth off.”

  

    “Now, read it.” Jessica ordered.

 

   Caitlin was tempted to take a step back, walk away but she couldn’t bring herself to move away from the giant angry woman in front of her.

 

  “ Alright...don’t step on me if you get mad at what he said okay?” Her hand trembled as she started to read from the paper.

 

 *****************

 

 Antonio’s Cafe was a little cafe in Palm Creek, it's liberal use of mosaic tiles and frescoes invoking an Italian feel to the place. It was patronized largely by the town’s denizens or hipsters looking to add more photos to their Instagram accounts.

 

Jack was the former, seated in a corner tucked inside the cafe where no one would notice him and his best friend, Miles Marston.

 

 “ Jack, I envy you. Jessica may be a science experiment gone wrong but she’s has quite the body,” Miles said as he sipped from his espresso, the strong flavours rolling across his tongue. His sepia skin contrasted with the lightly tanned complexion of Jack.

 

Miles hair was gelled back, normally an unruly mess but tamed with a combination of gel and thorough combing. As Jack’s former college room mate, he had been through the thick and thin of campus life and the two regularly confided in each other.

 

 Jack hadn’t seen Miles for a while now, even more so after his time with Jessica. Between having to manage Jessica’s logistical needs and keeping Caitlin from going after her, Jack had little time left to do his own things.

 

 “ She is, but it's difficult having her and Caitlin under one roof,” Jack replied.

 

  “ So what, I mean it's not like Jessica has other friends you could drop her off at.  You got to do the right thing, am I right?” Miles suggested.

 

  Jack nodded, softly as he listened to his friend. No one paid him or Miles any attention, not like they did when Jessica visited the town. Despite the fact he was on the news almost every day, his face still didn’t elicit any stops by people in Palm Creek, something which gave him relief.

 

  “ She’s never mentioned friends and family. Her dad works for the government so that’s out,”

 

  “ Wow, that’s sad,” Miles commented.

 

   “ Really sad. I guess you’re stuck with her, until she can get on her feet,” Miles added.

 

   Jack nodded, even if he didn’t know the timeframe for that; if there were even one.

 

 “ Until she’s on her feet, I uh...I actually don’t mind having her around,” Jack scratched the back of his ear with a finger as he fidgeted about.

 

  Miles’ face seemed to light up as he smirked mischievously , “ You have a thing for her don’t you?”

 

Jack shook his head, his mind telling him that it would be unwise to go there.

“No, i’m just being a good samaritan, nothing else. She sa-”

 

“Saved your life three times, I know. I bet the whole town knows about it too,” Miles chuckled. Jack was always fond of reminding people of that.

 

“And the fact that she’s a hottie just happened to a coincidence?” Miles shot Jack a knowing look, Jack rolling his eyes at what he was implying. He shook his head and threw a punch at Miles’ right bicep. It elicited a yelp, although it wasn’t loud enough to turn heads.

 

 “ Okay, point taken,” Miles groaned as he rubbed the impact area.

 

 “But even so, you’re one lucky bastard. All the babes lining up to get into your pants.”

 

“It’s not as fun as you say it is” Jack replied.

 

“ Really? I’d gladly take it all off those tired shoulders, I’ll carry that burden for you,” Miles said in jest.

 

“I remember how awful it was to date the volleyball team captain, or the hot girl from engineering. Woe is you for having to go through so much suffering. Now you’re stuck at me with a hot animal doctor and Queen Kong.”

 

Jack tittered lightly at the jest, finishing the last of his coffee.

 

“ I really wish Caitlin would get along with her, Jessica’s wouldn’t hurt a fly. Stepped on a few dogs but they were trying to kill me. Other than that, she’s a really pleasant girl and friend. She’s nothing like what the media says.”

 

Miles smiled warmly at Jack, “ Maybe I could visit her, see what she’s really like. I hear she’s single.”

 

“I’ll ask her, she could do with the company, can’t guarantee she’ll say yes if you ask her out,” Jack replied, not taking Miles’ last statement seriously.

 

“Right now it's just me and Cait-” Jack stopped as his phone rang and buzzed. He took it out , the caller ID revealing it was Caitlin who was calling him. Jack answered it, hoping it wasn’t more trouble from her.

 

“Hello Cait, what’s up?” Jack asked.

 

“Hold on, slow down. I can’t understand you,”Jack scratched his head as Caitlin just unloaded a barrage of words , like machine gun fire. At least she was not angry at him, he thought. That was a relief.

Caitlin did slow down and on the other end, spoke calmly and clearly into it. Jack nearly dropped the phone.

 

“I’ll be right over, just make sure Harold doesn’t say anything stupid before I get there. See you soon,” Jack wished her as he stood up.

 

Miles followed suit, knowing just about enough to deduce it involved Jessica.

 

“ We’ll catch up some other time,” Miles extended his hand , Jack giving it a firm shake.

 

“Sorry about that, we’ll definitely be continuing this,” Jack replied.

 

**************

 

The ground quaked with each step Jessica took, her feet churning the soil as they pressed down into it, leaving footprints large enough to startle a T-Rex.

 

She did not care to look down or exercise any caution, her mind was focused on one thing: get Harold. When she heard the words, those words he used to describe her and her father. She could not let him get away with that, her father deserved better.

 

Caitlin had tried to talk her out of it, pleading with her not to go over but she was not having any of it.

 

“What, he thinks he can just say whatever he wants?” Jessica snapped at Caitlin for defending the troglodyte.  For the first time, she saw fear etched all over Caitlin’s face; her eyes wide, body trembling as if her life had just flashed before her eyes.

 

Jessica couldn’t care less, it did shut her up and a quiet Caitlin was a good Caitlin.

 

With her only obstacle out of the way, getting there was easy. Harold’s house was separated from her tent by several miles of green fields. Grass and other short low lying plants ran wild across the state land, now marked by Jessica’s colossal footprints which exposed the soft mud underneath the greenery.

 

It didn’t take her very long, merely six minutes thanks to legs the length of a construction crane.

Jessica found herself at the outskirts of his house, scanning the opulent estate for any signs of the little twerp. The gates were shut but they were hardly an obstacle when they only came up to the height of her shin.

 

“ Harold!” Her booming voice rolled through his property like thunder in the clouds, rattling windows.

 

“ I know you’re in there! Don’t try to hide from me!” Jessica huffed as he did not show himself. Her tombstone sized teeth ground against each other as she thought of his cowardice.

 

Of course he wouldn’t show himself, she thought to herself.

 

“I am going to count to five, and if I don’t even hear from you, I’m coming in and I promise you will regret it,” Jessica threatened, glaring at the villa.

 

“1…..” She started. Harold remained out of sight.

 

“2…..” Jessica’s lips pursed at the lack of Harold.

 

“3….” Her ears twitched as she heard the sound of hurried footsteps, was it him?

 

“4….” Her eyes spotted a human figure moving towards, in a hurry too.

 

“STOP!” The figure cried out. Jessica smiled as she spotted it run down the driveway and towards, it was indeed Harold. He was dressed rather sloppily, a pair of boxer shorts and wife beater. To be fair, she wasn’t exactly dressed like Cinderella at the ball, wearing the tarp she appropriated in Miami. Okay, maybe after the ball.

 

“ Finally, I thought I was going to have smash your toys before you would come out.”

 

***************

 

“ N-no,”Harold answered, his legs shaking like the jello in Jurassic Park. Hindsight is 20/20 but Harold wished foresight was just as sharp, his pointed words biting back hard. He hadn’t realised it until now but, Jessica was fucking huge.

 

She was massive, in every sense of the word but standing at ground level just metres away from her, he realised he could not see her face. He craned his neck up, looking past the tanned pillars there were her legs , past her wide womanly hips and flat stomach but her breasts stopped all attempts to view her face. The top of her head seemed to touch the heavens, Harold could not fathom how large she actually was.

 

“ I kind of wished you didn’t come out, smashing your house would have felt soooo good,”

 

Jessica’s words sent an icy chill down his spine, not because she had voiced it out, but pleasure she felt just by doing so.

 

The titaness bent forward, her voluptuous chest jiggling within the tight confines of her top as gravity pulled down.

 

Her hand descended on him, fingers outstretched. Harold didn’t move, he feared the consequences of doing so. Her hand closed around him like an octopus enveloping it's prey, before shooting up like a rocket, with him as the unlucky passenger.

 

Harold felt heavy as Jessica’s hand shot up, feeling g forces not unlike those of the astronauts from NASA. His trip came to a stop, the hand opening up like an umbrella. Harold didn’t have time to scream before her other hand cushioned his fall.

 

“ What are you-”

 

Jessica’s hand closed on him, squeezing him tightly as it formed a fist around him. Harold was cut off, feeling the pressure on his chest. He looked up, struggling to breathe as Jessica viewed with a sneer on her lips.

 

“ You’re a coward, running from me the moment you saw me. You hide behind your walls where you think it's safe to shoot at me with your insults,” Jessica sneered at him.

 

She released the pressure on him, allowing air to flow into his lungs. Harold wheezed as fresh oxygen flooded his body, his eyes wide with horror at the ease of which she overpowered him.

 

“ I know you’ve been against me, from the day I came to Palm Creek; people talk and my ears pick up words like radar. You didn’t respect the agreement I made about the lake, that’s just one of many things but the worst of it, is you dragging my dear old father into this.”

She squeezed again, her fingers constricting Harold’s body like a boa constrictor. It would be so easy, she thought. A little more force and Harold breaks his ribs, increase it a little more and his legs go. Do it long enough and he passes out, possibly passing on. Jessica knew it was easy, she wasn’t even applying one percent of her strength into this and Harold was struggling.

 

Harold squirmed like a worm, trying his best but failing to break free of her grip. Jessica chuckled at his weak effort, he would never get out. She opened up her grip, Harold stumbling about in her open palm. He was also shivering, and as Jessica noticed, there was a wet spot on his boxers.

 

 They were a mix of red and white, in a plaid style but now there was a faint yellow colour. Jessica also detected a hint of ammonia in the air, her crinkling in response.

 

 “ Ewww, did you just piss yourself?” She couldn’t believe it but she actually respected him even less now.

 

“N-no, it's j-just…” Harold crossed his legs to cover his mistake but the damage was already done.

 

“Just embarrassing,that is what it is,” Jessica said before switching back to the words she had originally intended to say.

 

 “ I want you to remember this feeling, Harold. I want you to remember how weak you are, how easy it is for me to pin you down. You-”

 

“JESSICA! PUT HIM DOWN!”

 

Harold felt Jessica relax her grip, as he tried to look over her for the source of the voice.

 

*************

 

Holy fuck she’s tall, Jack thought to himself.

He had made his driver floor it all the way back to his house, thinking he could catch Jessica before she went to Harold’s place but seeing her walking over, growing smaller as she receded into the distance put paid to that plan.

 

Seeing her with Harold, the man who had spent the past month or so antagonising now being squeezed and tormented by Jessica made his legs go weak. He ran the distance between his limo and Jessica, the giantess looking over her shoulder.

 

 

“ Put Harold down, you don’t need to do it,” Jack breathed heavily as he grew more nervous with each passing second.

 

Jessica turned, her steps smaller and daintier than before when she carved out new potholes  on the way over. The light thump as each foot hit the ground was unavoidable given her weight but it was not what bothered Jack most.

 

“ Come on Jack, you know he deserves it,” she replied in a serious tone.

 

“ I know Harold is a hundred shades of no good but think about it, killing him isn’t worth it. He’s annoying and that is it, like a buzzing fly you can’t wait to swat,” Jack advised. His heart was rattling against his ribs, wondering if behind those sweet brown eyes of hers, would she actually take a life like that?

“ I heard that you know-” Harold was unceremoniously yanked up to Jessica’s face, her eyes glaring at him.

 

“ One more word from you and I’ll piss in your pool. Then I’ll drop you in it, bet that will make her day huh?”

 

Harold shut his mouth after that, Jessica smirking at how effective it had been to silence him.

 

“ Don’t do that either,” Jack chimed in.

 

Jessica sighed, she knew what to do from here. So, it was with a heavy heart she let Harold go. She wasn’t as gentle with him as she was with Jack, letting him fall from five feet up in the air. Harold landed in a crumpled heap but otherwise none the worse.

 

“ Damn you…” he groaned, getting up and running back into the house.

 

“ Let's go,” Jack said to Jessica.

 

“You aren’t going to chew me out?” Jessica replied, incredulous at this..

 

“Oh, that’ll be later. Right now, I just want to get home.”

 

*******************

 

Jessica sat by the lake, her legs pulled tight against her chest. In front of her, Jack paced around and despite only being the size of her thumb, his admonishment carrying a surprising amount of weight against a giant like her.

 

“That was stupid, so what if Harold said something about you?”

 

“He dared to insult my dad,” Jessica explained but Jack was having none of it.

 

“ And you could not let it slide? What happened to words will never hurt me?” Jack asked rhetorically but Jessica answered it, regardless of that fact.

 

“ Words do, sticks and stones don’t even scratch me but words hurt, no matter how big or small you are.

 

‘Once, yes. Twice, maybe not. Do it enough times, and anyone will break. Even a big person has her limits, today I found my mine.”

 

Jack stopped, looking up at the massive woman who had pressed her face against her knees, leaving only her eyes visible.

 

Her eyes, the windows to her soul bore the hallmarks of a woman hurt by the events preceding this. There was a subdued feeling to them, Jack even noting a hint of remorse.

 

 “ I just wanted to scare him, it's easy for me. He even wet his pants.”

 

A smirk snuck itself on to Jack’s face but he quickly did away with it once he realised Jessica could see it.

 

“ Really? He did? No wonder he was so quick to get inside,” Jack remarked.

 

She stuck her head up, a sliver of a smile on her lips but she made no attempt to hide it.

 

“ Oh yes, I could smell it too.”

 

“Still doesn’t change the fact you shouldn’t have done it,” Jack added.

 

“ I won’t , I think I made my point. Sorry, Jack. I’m just glad he won’t be making trouble again, all thanks to Caitlin for telling me about it. I wouldn’t have known otherwise,” Jessica said ,a smile on her lips.

 

“ Hold on, Caitlin told you?” The gears in Jack’s head were starting to turn, as he pieced the information together. He reminded himself to have a word with her about that.

 

“Yes, she did. I feel bad though, I kind of lost my temper with her. Would you tell her I’m sorry? Better yet, why don’t I tell her in person over some girl time in town? Our last one didn’t go too well.”

 

“Yeah….sure. I’ll tell her that,” Jack said as Jessica’s hand descended.

 

“I’ll take the limo home.”

 

“Suit yourself, you’re missing out on the best ride in town,” Jessica teased.

 

Jessica retracted her hand before standing up to her full height. She stepped over him,  and the limo. Jack watched her walk, her firm buttcheeks moving up and down like pistons with each step.

 

“ What a girl,” he said to himself. He wasn’t sure if it was a compliment or warning, a thought that kept repeating itself in his head.


 

Chapter End Notes:

Do leave a comment! :D