- Text Size +
Jenna woke up in a much different environment than the one she's left. The first thing she noticed when she opened her eyes was the insanely bright sun shining down on her, forcing her to close her eyes and reposition herself. The ground was no longer white blocks but rather tan colored cubes that were nearly half her size. She stood up but sank back down. The cubes caved in and shuffled about underneath her bare feet, making it difficult to stand. The woman's deep voice suddenly cut through the air:

"Glad to see you're up."

"Where am I?" Jenna asked.

"The beach."

The beach? So all these cubes were... sand? Then... why were they so big?

"If this is the beach, then why is the sand so big?" Jenna inquired fearfully.

"Because you're small."

The thought had been lurking in Jenna's mind for a few moments, but the confirmation frightened her all over again. Jenna let herself sink down into the large grains of sand.

"This is all part of the experiment," the woman explained. "We have to see how you will react to different tests. And, you did say you didn't want to be the one doing the stomping, anyway."

"What are you saying?" The frightened Jenna said quietly.

"Well, in each scenario we'll give you a different task. Complete it and you activate the portal. Then, once you go through the portal, you move on to the next area. So, your task for this area... get a woman at the bar to notice you. And, if she has red polish, you don't need to get back to the portal. I'll just move you on from there. Good luck."

"Wait!" Jenna shouted. The woman did not respond. So now Jenna was completely alone and had to get a woman to notice her at her completely minute size to get out of here? Her situation seemed hopeless.

Jenna stood up and looked around her. In front of her was a large pile of sand, perhaps a hundred feet tall. She looked down at the sand by her. Each grain went up to her waist. So that meant that she was only... a few millimeters tall? No way. She would be nearly impossible to see! How on earth was she supposed to get anyone to notice her?

Jenna let out a huge sigh and climbed the sand hill in front of her. After much difficulty scaling it and after a few good minutes, she finally reached the summit.

From here she had a pretty good view of the beach. She was about midway from the water and the paths where shops and such were located. She saw people lounging about, stretched out on towels and bathing in the sun. They were all pretty far from her, but they looked pretty big. The bar was not in sight, so she figured it must be behind her. She carefully turned around on the hilltop and nearly fell down it when she saw what was behind her.

The bar was there alright, but thousands of feet in the distance. Much, much closer to her was something much more intimidating. An enormous foot was only a few dozen feet from her. The monstrous thing flexed its toes, revealing ones covered in white nail polish. The soles were coated in fine grains of sand that looked positively tiny in comparison. Was she really only twice their size?

Jenna moved over on the hilltop to get a look at the foot's owner. Sitting up was a young woman that looked to be in her early 20s. Her blonde hair was tied up in a messy bun. She was looking down at her phone through black sunglasses. Jenna looked back at her foot, which again flexed and scrunched up, like a beast with a mind of its own. The woman was downright gigantic. Though she was likely only 5'6" or 7", to Jenna she was nearly a mile tall. Jenna again pondered the question she'd asked herself earlier: how was she, a woman barely larger than a grain of sand, to get a woman the size of a small mountain to notice her?

Jenna looked over to the bar. It would take her forever to get there. If the woman next to her was nearly a mile tall, then her distance to the bar must have been dozens of miles. There was no way she was getting over there without help. And help was right next to her. If this woman decided to go to the bar, Jenna would be there in no time! Even though the woman's foot seemed incredibly close to her since it was so huge, it was actually nearly a hundred feet away.

Jenna began her descent down the sandy hill. She took one step down the steep hill and knew she couldn't walk down. Instead, she sat down and slid down the hill. She zipped down at a pretty fast speed and collided with the earth with considerable force. Even though the ground was sand, it hurt her like it would hurt someone falling on wood.

Now on the ground, Jenna started to head over to the woman's towel. To do so, she had to walk past her foot. Atop the hill her foot seemed huge, but now it was massive. It stretched at least a hundred feet straight up, maybe even more. It put into perspective once again just how small Jenna was. When she said she didn't want to step in anyone else, this wasn't what she meant.

Jenna had a few hundred feet to walk to the woman's towel, where hopefully her other foot would be flat on the ground instead of up like her right one. She waded her way through the sand like one would in waist high water. She managed to arrive at the woman's pink and blue towel after a few minutes. Her colossal left foot was flat like Jenna had hoped. Next to her foot was a pair of light blue flip flops. The woman flexed her toes yet again.

A low thumping shook the ground lightly. It was muffled by the sand. Jenna turned around to see another massive woman striding towards the towel, carrying a drink. Like the woman on the towel, she was wearing sunglasses. She had on a black one piece swimsuit and matching flip flops. Long brown hair flowed down to the small of her back. The thumping noise of her footsteps grew louder and the tremors more powerful as she neared the towel. Jenna was exposed and right out in the open. She quickly darted towards the blue flip flops to avoid detection. She didn't want to be mistaken for a bug.

The footsteps shook the ground forcefully before they finally ceased. The brunette was standing a mile high and looked down at her blonde friend.

"Nothing for me, Christie?" The blonde boomed, hurting Jenna's tiny eardrums.

The brunette, who was likely Chrstie, smacked her head.

"I'm so dumb! Sorry Ali. I'll go get one for you in a second."

Christie sat down and began her drink. As Jenna examined her, her eyes fell to Christie's feet. She wore red toenail polish. And she was going to the bar! Was this it? Was Christie the one Jenna had to have notice her?

Jenna decided it was a risk worth taking and dashed out from her cover, hoping to get aboard Christie's flip flops before she departed. She sprinted across the towel a few dozen feet before she reached the foam wall. The wall was a few times her size, making the climb a bit problematic. Luckily, it was riddled with ridges and dots for Jenna to grab on, so it wasn't too difficult. She grabbed the dots that were a bit larger than her hands and pulled herself up towards the top, as if she were scaling a cliff.

When Jenna pulled herself on top of the footwear, she was met with huge toes. For the nth time that day, Jenna marveled at the enormity of the women she was surrounded by. The toes were a few times her height and could easily crush her in a moment's notice. Christie's deep red toenails scrunched up a few times as she sipped her drink. Jenna bravely decided to get a closer look at her toes. She walked over a few feet to her big toe. She saw with perfect clarity the ridges of her skin and all the little details of her toe. Suddenly, the toes lifted off the ground a couple of inches (or few dozen feet, to Jenna), exposing their undersides and toe prints to Jenna. Jenna did not realize what was happening until it was nearly too late. Christie was getting up.

The colossal brunette stood up to her full imposing height, unaware of her tiny passenger. As she stood, Jenna was thrown and thrashed about and nearly fell off the flip flop. Luckily, she managed to grab ahold of some of the dots on the surface of the sandal, but it wasn't sufficient for when she Chrstie began to move. Her foot lifted off the ground, causing Jenna to slide towards the strap and her toes. She was thrown violently into the air when Christie's foot slammed down into the sand. As the woman continued her journey to the bar, Jenna was tossed about on the footwear. Fortunately for Jenna, she was thrown in just the right ways so that she slid down towards Christie's toes and her flip flop's straps. She grabbed out to the straps and managed to secure a grip. She nearly lost that grip multiple times on the trek but miraculously managed to hold on.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity but was likely only a few moments, Christie came to a stop inside the open bar. Hawaiian music played through the speakers, giving off a tropical vibe. Jenna took this moment of peace to regain her composure and breath. Now that she didn't have to focus on holding on for dear life, Jenna noticed the smell emanating from Christie's foot. She'd put on some sort of lotion earlier today, but the heat was taking its toll. Her foot was actually sweating a good amount and her foot gave off a slight musky smell.

People sat and chatted at tables throughout the bar. It connected directly with the outside and had no doors, so the wooden floors met with the sand. A thatch roof covered the bar. Young women dressed in tropical clothing served thirsty customers.

Christie walked over to an empty seat at the end of the bar and ordered a drink. Jenna realized that now was her chance. If she had an opportunity to get a woman to notice her, it was now. And then Jenna realized she didn't know how she was going to get her attention. What could she do? Bang on her toes? She was too small for that to work. But then again, what other choice did she have?

Reluctantly, Jenna banged her fists on Christie's sweaty and smelly feet. It was a very unenjoyable situation for her. Her fists collided with soft yet firm flesh that didn't seem to change at all when she hit them. It was like hitting a softer brick wall that held its ground. Christie made no sign of even feeling Jenna's tiny hands hitting her toes. They didn't even unconsciously move or flex. Now what could she do? A thought popped into her head. It was repulsive, but it just might work. What if she bit Christie's toe? Surely she would feel that.

With a huge sigh, Jenna opened her mouth and but down on Christie's flesh. Immediately a salty taste entered her mouth. She even felt a little bit of her foot sweat on her tongue. Almost as quickly as she'd put her mouth on her toe was it off. Jenna spat and rubbed her tongue, hoping to get the putrid taste out of her mouth. Why had she done that? That was a pretty stupid move. It seemed like it was slightly effective, as Christie's toes actually did move this time, but it seemed like an unconscious move, meaning that again she hadn't felt Jenna's efforts.

Another daring and perhaps stupid thought crossed Jenna's mind, though at this stage anything was worth trying. What if Jenna managed to get to Christie's sole and tickle her enough so she'd notice her? Jenna had no other choice.

Jenna stepped back from the titanic toes and walked around the side, towards the back of Christie's foot. The black material squished under her bare feet. She made it to the back of the flip flop and walked beneath Christie's sole. She had been resting her foot on one of the chair's supports, so her sole was exposed and was stretching straight up. The massive thing was covered in a thin layer lf sand and was slightly dirty. The bottom of her heel was a bit darker with dirt than the rest of her foot. Jenna took a large breath as she mustered up the courage to walk underneath Christie's towering sole.

If Jenna hasn't been so small, maybe this would be easier for her. But unfortunately she was this small, and therefore she needed to walk to the very bottom of Christie's sole to touch it, the part where her foot met the flip flop. Her sole was very wrinkled as it contorted in its shoe. Underneath the huge thing, Jenna reached up and stroked it with her fingers. Even this slight gesture was enough to get an even slighter reaction from Christie's foot. Jenna remained hopeful and began a more rigorous tickling of her foot. She heard a giggling from high above and grinned. Maybe this was working out for her after all.

"Are you okay, ma'am?" A feminine voice asked Christie, likely the bartender.

"Yes, I'm fine," Christie replied, still laughing, "just something on my foot..."

Jenna's smile faded as she saw Christie's sole rapidly approaching her. She was lowering her foot in her shoe. Jenna scrambled out from underneath her foot in a desperate attempt to save herself. Jenna was incredibly lucky and managed to avoid a quick demise under the woman's sole. Suddenly long, slender and tan fingers, complete with black nail polish, descended from above and reached for Christie's heel. She was stretching it, feeling around for anything out of the ordinary. Jenna saw her chance and sprinted towards the fingers. She banged with all her might on them, hoping that Christie would feel her microscopic hands.

"Huh?" Christie boomed. She lowered her head towards her feet, looking at them for whatever was causing her this peculiar sensation. Right by her heel was an incredibly tiny... woman? Her brown eyes filled with shock as she took in what she was seeing,

Meanwhile, down by Christie's heel, Jenna was elated. Christie had seen her! Did she "win?" It seemed as though she had. As Christie pulled down her sunglasses, a bluish color clouded Jenna's vision, and she again black out. She'd completed the task.