- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So I took a lot longer than I thought I would for this chapter but here it is, I think I'm beating back this writer's block. Now to churn out 2 more chapters for Uptown Girl, then I'll release the first five chapters! 

 

“ Comfy?” Dawn’s voice travelled far, further than she intended in this case as several rows of heads turned to look at her. Her cheeks blushed a deep shade of red while they stared. It was only for a moment, everyone returned to facing the front.

 

“ Sorry,” Dawn whispered. This time, no one turned back and she felt thankful for that.

 

They were outside of the school compound today, the talk scheduled to take place at a large open field where a makeshift stage had been set up. Curiously, there was no stage to speak of, there was a microphone stand but where the actual stage should have been, it was bare save for the natural green foliage that blanketed the ground.

 

In her palm sat Graham who gave her the thumbs up, “ Good enough. We always get the back but the roof top view never hurt.”

 

Dawn smiled sweetly, he always did see the positive side of this.



 “ I just hope today’s talk isn’t going to be boring. I remember last year some guy came to talk about voting. We can’t even vote until we’re twenty one and there he was, trying to get us to vote for him. It was so awkward,” Dawn recalled.

 

 “ I overheard a couple of guys talking, it's Park Incorporated,” Graham answered without too much concern. To him, it was nothing to be worried about but Dawn was worried. What if they sent her mother? She worked for Park and everyone knew her, in part thanks to her work over the last 200 years. Dawn and her peers even studied some of her work in history class, that was the extent of Jessica’s imprint on Home.

 

 Out of instinct, she wriggled her toes, accidentally bumping a couple of guys in front, her table sized digits shoving the two forward with the force of a linebacker. Even though her toes were covered by her sneakers, the movement was still enough to affect those in front.  They fell to the ground, looking rather peeved but upon seeing the culprit, neither really  Dawn hastily apologised to the two boys, she didn’t recognise them but she was sure they probably didn’t like her very much now.

 

“ Crud,” she muttered but it was still loud enough for Graham to look over his shoulder at his large friend. He didn’t need to investigate, he’d been with Dawn long enough to know what she did. He also knew well enough not to press too much into it, Dawn was rarely malicious in her intentions.

 

“ It happens,” he assured her.

 

A sudden clicking and hissing sound came out of nowhere, Dawn suddenly squirming.

 

“Oh I swear he can be such  a handful,” Dawn muttered. Discreetly reaching her hand down her shirt, she pulled out Lucky, squirming and eagerly rubbing his neck against her finger.

 

“Lucky if you’re going to struggle I won’t be bring you to school talks anymore.”

 

Graham blushed, it felt awkward seeing his best friend reach into her cleavage. Dawn may have felt insecure about her lack of bust but the truth was, she often said that in comparison to her mother and that was the key; Jessica’s bust could easily outclass most of Home’s women. Then there was the matter of relativity, Dawn may had a small chest compared to Jessica but the truth was, hers still weighed ton and you could still lose a small family in hers.

 

“You brought Lucky?” he tried not to look Dawn in the eye and was it always this hot? It was supposed to be autumn yet Graham felt hot under the collar.

 

“Yeah, we could stop by the park on the way to my house, get Lucky his walk.”

 

Further down, George and Edmund had found their own seats in the area, it was free seating in the area. Edmund had made sure they were seated as far away from Dawn, bad things tended to happen to those around her. He looked back at Dawn, the latter had not noticed him and he didn’t want her to. He just wanted the rest of the day off.

 

“We should have sat closer to her,” George complained. Edmund glared at him for saying something so stupid.

 

“ And risk getting sat on? No way, I intend to live,” Edmund rebutted.

 

“ But you know how I feel about her, she’s so special, so beautiful.”

 

Edmund shook his head in disapproval, George hadn’t gotten over that night at prom when he blurted his feelings to Dawn. Ever since then he hadn’t stopped moaning and generally sulking about it.

 

“ She’s a freak George, you can do a lot better than her,” Edmund grumbled.

 

“ People don’t say that about her mother,” George countered weakly, he looked at Edmund with a look similar to a whimpering puppy.

 

“Her mother is something else,” Edmund answered, the mere thought of Jessica enough to put a smile on his face. She was a regular sight at the school, usually because Dawn had either gotten into trouble or she was the trouble; either way, it meant the school was blessed with a visit from Jessica.

 

Edmund recalled staring out the window at her, like most of the boys in his class whenever Jessica appeared. Her statuesque form, well toned and voluptuous was a gift from heaven. Her outfits were tight, form fitting and always showed a generous amount of decolletage for them. Well, she wasn’t putting on a show for the hundreds of teenage boys but that didn’t matter to them, they got to look at a beautiful giantess up close and that often made their day.

 

 Which only made Dawn so much inferior, she only exceeded her mother and height in his eyes. Why George ever saw anything in her was a mystery.

 

 “ She is, but Dawn is garbage compared to her-”

 

Edmund stopped, he saw something on the horizon, coming through the nearby park. Something big, and it was coming closer. He, like the rest looked closer, almost getting off their seats. At the back, only Dawn could see it and she dreaded it.

 

Because, she saw her mother and she was coming ever closer to the school. Dawn’s heart sank, pulsing faster as she grew more nervous with each second. She was even wearing one of her work outfits, the kind that turned hot blooded teenage boys into excited dogs. It was all white, figure hugging( always a sight for sore eyes when you had a figure like Jessica’s!) and revealed enough to get the crowd going.

 

“ Oh goodness, they invited her,” she whispered to Graham.

 

“She’s the one they sent,” Dawn leaned back, hunching over in an attempt to look as small as she could.

 

“ Has she done this before?” Graham asked, he could see her clearly thanks to his elevated perch.

 

 Dawn shrugged her shoulders, Jessica never visited any of her previous schools for business purposes, it was always more as a parent.

 

“ Not that I know of, maybe she visited other schools. None of them were mine, not until now,” she replied frankly.

 

Dawn watched as she stepped into the area, greeted by Principal Baldrick. She was alone, her father was presumably at home or at Park doing admin work.

 

Dawn didn’t hate Jessica, she just felt inferior. She was the daughter of a Home icon, a woman who in two hundred years had gone above the call of duty, protecting Home from threats like rogue scientists, giant creatures gone rogue and many more. She had confidence, strength and grace that seemed impossible for someone as massive as her. Dawn had little of that and she knew, every time they stood side by side, the inevitable comparisons were made and Dawn came off second best every time.

 

 Dawn had long accepted that truth but it didn’t dampen the pain she felt whenever people did compare.

 

Out in front, Jessica had finished her talk with Principal Baldrick and now turned to face the crowd, a friendly smile on car sized lips.

 

 “ Good morning Adder High,it's my first time visiting you on behalf of Park Incorporated and it's a pleasure to see such young and vibrant students here!” She finished, giving a sweeping glance at the crowd. She had used that line many times, completely rehearsed but she had a job to do here.

 

Dawn slouched as Jessica described her job, even throwing in some of her past and some additional insight. She never paid much attention, she knew most of it when Jessica discussed work with Tucker or when Dawn asked about her job. She didn’t need convincing, she figured with her giant size the only place willing to hire her would be Park itself. Dawn did not know her exact job there but she’d cross that bridge when she got to it.

 

 When the speech ended, after what must have been an hour, Principal Baldrick got everyone to give a customary round of applause for Jessica before the announcement was made to dismiss the students. Not a second was spared as the area was drained of students faster than a starving vampire at a blood bank.

 

Dawn stayed, mostly to avoid stepping on anyone by accident and because she felt like talking to Jessica.

 

 “ Hey Mom,” Dawn greeted her with a polite smile .Jessica looked up at her daughter, one of the few times in her life when she actually had to physically look up to someone.

 

“ Hello sweetheart, did you enjoy the talk?”

 

“ I did, you didn’t tell me you were going to be visiting my school today,” Dawn replied.

 

“ Oh that, I thought I’d give you a little surprise. Surprised?” Jessica spread her arms wide.

 

Dawn tittered at her mother’s humour ,it was definitely a surprise.

 

“ Very.”

 

“We both were,” Graham chimed in.

 

“ Oh hello Graham, did you enjoy the talk?”

 

Graham nodded, he did enjoy talking to Jessica. This was the first time it ever occurred in a less social setting, more formal due to Jessica technically being at work for this period.

 

“ Yes I did Mrs. Martell. I think the other students did too,you should come back next year.”

 

“We’ll see-”

 

Jessica stopped , she and the two teenagers turning their heads in the direction of what appeared to be thunder. Odd, given the lack of storm clouds overhead and their city wasn’t known for frequent lightning strikes. What was strange was a dark object that sped through the atmosphere in the distance, heading for the city district. Which was a problem because the city district was just a stone’s throw away. Adder High was just minutes from the city but it was too late for any of them to really get any sort of distance from the object.  

 

It seemed to accelerate before implanting itself in the ground, a slight rumble racing through the earth. Jessica and Dawn felt it, it was strangely more feeble than Jessica anticipated.

 

 “ Meteorites?” Dawn inquired .

 

 “ Seems like it,” Graham replied.

 

“ Do you need to go?” Dawn asked Jessica.

 

“Not yet,” Jessica answered, but she looked concerned. That was a big object if it could survive this long in Home’s atmosphere. If it hit, there would be a lot of  damage.

 

“Let me call in,just to be sure.”



She tapped a few buttons on her VSC, calling in to Park.

 

“ This is Agent Snape, any news on the unidentified object?”

 

********

 

Agent Hammond had not seen anything like it before. Meteor strikes were uncommon around Home, they had a space defence system which would redirect or neutralise any incoming space rock that posed a significant threat to Home itself. For this object to make it so far, it had to have significant mass and likely be of a high iron make up.

 

That is, if it were an asteroid or meteor but it wasn’t. What had landed in the city, made a 200 foot wide crater was metallic but clearly artificial. It was shaped like a closed flower bud and made of a dazzling bright metal.

 

 As protocol dictated, he rushed to the impact site, looking for casualties. Thankfully there were none, although a crowd had started to form around it. Many of them snapped pictures with their phones.

 

“Stay back everyone!” he instructed. They did as they were told, none came closer but it was largely because no one was paying attention. All of them were engaged in their own conversations or just snapping pictures and recording videos.

 

Hammond climbed the debris pile, mostly soil and concrete clumped together. From his new vantage point, he guessed the rock or whatever it was appeared to be similar in size to Jessica. It was the closest approximation he could make to it.

 

“That has to be-”

 

A loud whirring sound issued from the machine and he instinctively back away, whatever it was, it was coming to life.

 

Lines appeared to form in each corner, dark and thin before the outer layers of it fell apart.

 

“Oh my Go-”

 

Hammond had never seen anything like it. It looked similar to the android Omega from years ago but this thing was much bigger. It was reptilian and was huge.

 

“ Is this Home?” A deep metallic voice issued from it.

 

“Y-yes, this is. Who are you? State your name and intent!” Hammond commanded.

 

“  My name is Idi but that is not important, the only thing you need to know is I am here for Jessica Snape, the destroyer of my world. This was made just in case she ever came back but I am taking the fight to her.”

 

Hammond chuckled, another troublemaker.

 

“ And what world are you from? I’m guessing from your design, you must be Dolorian,” he answered.

 

“ I am,” Idi answered, the pistons working as he looked down at Daniels.

 

“I do not know who you are. Now get Jessica here or there will be chaos.”

 

“Can’t do it pal, we don’t negotiate with bullies,” Hammond smirked before using his powers. He could command water and bend it to his will. Which he did, bursting a pipe below and sending it crashing into Idi.

 

Inside, he was surprised by the man’s control of water but he planted his feet in the ground, letting the water be deflected by the mecha’s body.

 

Hammond increased it but to no avail,Idi hadn’t budged. He soon stopped, the only thing he had achieved was making Idi wet.

 

“ If you are done, I’d like to show you what I can do.”

 

Idi raised his hand and the mecha followed, the hand’s five fingers pulling together and morphing into a blaster.

 

He aimed it at Daniels before firing a hot ion blast. Daniels was quick to dodge, he moved fluidly as Idi fired over and over, to the sound of civilians screaming. Each time Daniels dodged but he was too slow.

 

“ As you can see-” Idi was interrupted by a bus sized piece of concrete slamming into the visor of his mecha. He stumbled back, from the shock and impact but retained his balance.

 

“ Alrite ya big bully, ya betta pick on someone yer own size!” Hammond looked to see the muscular Agent Daniels right there. He had a buzzcut and while menacing , his heart was in the right place.

 

 “ I suppose that is a saying you have here on this rock? You want me to fight my equal yet you do not bring her to me. Your actions are most contradictory,” he said to Daniels.

 

 

“Glad you join us Daniels, you got any more rocks to throw?”

 

“Only if yer keep splashin him!” Hammond shot back.

 

“Very well,” Idi stated. He didn’t want to fight them but perhaps if he did defeat them, they would call Jessica over.

 

“If you insist on trying to stop the unstoppable force, I’ll have to oblige you,” striking a fighting pose, fists raised in front of his visor.

 

************

 

At Adder High, things were calmer than expected. Everyone on Home had gone through emergency drills when it came to the danger of individuals like Idi, Home’s history suggested it was best to The sound of shrill sirens blaring, feet shuffling as Jessica and several other Park agents directed the civilians present to a nearby hill top.  Dawn with Graham as she waited, Graham explaining he would be safer with Dawn, drawing a blush from the teenage giantess.

 

“ An evil robot, wow... “ Dawn said to Graham who was busy watching a live feed uploaded by news drones. He had to admit, Agents Daniels and Hammond were doing a good job. He cheered when Hammond made Idi stumble with a well placed punch to the knee joint in his mecha. Idi wasn’t down, firing blasts from his mecha’s arm pulsers and trying to stomp the two men.

 

 Dawn was also watching but flinched as she saw Hammond take a punch from Idi, slamming him into the wall.The drone zoomed to reveal the muscular agent fall to the ground, injured but still able to rise. He didn’t waste time in getting up to fight again. Dawn knew of Hammond, standard tough guy with a soft heart , his power being his incredible strength. She wasn’t too sure if he was stronger than her but didn’t doubt he could actually out fight her.

 

 “ Alright sweetie, you , Graham and…” Jessica paused, noticing Lucky nuzzling his snout against Dawn’s neck.

 

“ And Lucky can join the rest.”

 

“Gotcha, you going to help Agent Daniel and Agent Hammond?” Dawn asked after standing up. She could see the entire group, all sitting  together and being watched by agents.

 

Jessica shook her head but Dawn could see in her eyes she wanted to fight. She had heard his demands, she even requested to settle the issue by taking out Idi immediately but the higher ups told her to help out with evacuation,they didn’t want to play into the hands of Idi.

 

“ No, I’ll be here with the other agents.I just need to call your father, make sure he’s okay. You get to that hill now” Jessica replied.

 

Upon getting there, Dawn realised the hill was actually shorter than her and sitting on it may cause a landslide. With that in mind, she sat next to the grassy thing but that put her face level with two characters she would have preferred to avoid.

 

“Oh come on!” Edmund protested, close enough to Dawn’s ear to make her turn. She looked visibly irritated, swishing her white hair in the midst of her head turn.

 

“ What now?” Dawn grumbled.

 

 “ Why are you here? You should be out there fighting the monster. You’re so big and you can’t move your useless butt to be useful for once.”

“ Well my mom is still here but I don’t see you complaining,” Dawn shot back.

 

“ I’m sure she’s doing something productive,” Edmund glanced over at Jessica who seemed to be conversing with someone using her VSC.

 

“ An important call,” he said in an unsure fashion.

 

*******

“Ow!” Daniels cried out as he hit the ground again. Hammond moved to cover him, sending water all around Idi who stomped towards him. The surrounding buildings had large holes, from Idi’s blaster and from Hammond being thrown through them repeatedly.

 

He coughed, feeling sharp pains in his sides as he stood up. Hammond clutched his sides.

 

“Send in reinforcements, anyone. Just bring in Jessica! I don’t think I can hold him forever!” he spoke into it.

 

“ Yes, bring her here. You are painfully inadequate for me,” Idi announced.

 

“ Hold on Ham,” Daniels focused his mind, clenching his lanky fists as the water slammed into Idi. Idi braced for impact but to his surprise, he did not move. What he did notice was the water seeping into his mecha, any gap between found itself welcoming a torrent.



“I see what you’re trying to do…” Idi smiled. He looked down, the whole place was wet thanks to Daniel’s hydromancy but he knew how to deal with that. He pushed a button on the mecha and sat back.

 

“Good night-AAAAHHH!!!” Hammond felt his nerves on fire, behind him Daniels ried out in pain as their bodies coursed with electricity.

 

High up Idi watched them convulse,bodies twitching with thousands of volts flowing through them. The mecha was unharmed but thanks to Hammond, the electric shock which was meant as a deterrent in melee had it's ranged extended massively.

 

When he did stop the current, both men lay on the ground, Hammond  unconscious while Daniels could hardly stand from the pain.

 

“I-I could do this all day…” he held up his fists while Idi laughed at the pathetic sight.

 

“I’m afraid you do not have-”

 

“I do,” spoke a female voice.

 

Idi turned behind to see Jessica, standing there in her white suit, white with rage at the sight of her defeated comrades.

 

“ I thought you’d let them die for you. It's heartening to see you at least fight your own battles.”

 

He turned away from the two smaller agents and walked up to Jessica. To his surprise, he was looking her in the eye and she was too. He had never seen such anger in someone before.

 

“ You’re bigger,” he stated.

 

“I had a late spurt and it's going to come in handy when I kick your ass,” Jessica replied.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review!