- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

We continue along

(Marissa)

“We should play truth or dare.” I whisper into Mandy’s ear. She turns towards me and gives me a devilish look. She grins and pulls her head towards the side, trying to indicate we should go out of the room. We get up and follow through on the plan.

When we are out of the room, and away from James, Jackie and Kim, We start to talk.

“How should we do it?” She asks.

“Go get a die, like a 20 sided one. Well give numbers. If they roll a certain number you ask that persona question or give them a dare. So like if you’re going; you get a 1-5 is me, 6-10 is James, 11-15 is Kim and 16-20 is Jackie.”

“Ok.” She says. She runs off to get the stuff. I go back into the room to talk to James.

“Hey.”

“What’s up?” He asks.

“Do you still like Jackie and Kim?” He blushes, and turns away. “I’ll take that as a yes.” I grin.

“Yeah, but she doesn't like me. What does it matter?”

“Well, we're about to play truth or dare. So you might get a chance to prove some stuff to them.”

“Like what?” He asks.

“That maybe you aren't such a complete loser haha.” I say giving him a tap on his arm. I go and get Kim and Jackie.

The two of them are on the front porch. They look surprised to see me.

“Come on in. We're going to play truth or dare.”

“Is he playing?” Asks Kim.

“Yes.”

“Oh come on. Thats bull. He’s just going to ask us to kiss him or something like that.” Complains Jackie.

“You two chicken or something?”

“No just don’t want to go through kissing that dweeb.”

“Ohhh, I see So you are a coward Jackie. What kissing an honest guy like James is to degrading? Must be real hard after sucking a dick in the bathroom?” I say. Jackie gets really ticked at me at that. Kim starts to laugh, and I turn to her with a big grin, and she stops quick.

“And you have some right to laugh. Remember after sectionals when you got absolutely plastered? You said something about my brother then if I recall. What was it again? Oh right… You would want to fuck him all night long. And the next day in school when he came up to you to ask you on a date, you slapped him is that right?” Kim turns away, obviously embarrassed. “I guess so.” I finish.

“You are such a bitch Marissa. Who are you to bring that stuff up?” Asks Jackie.

“Someone calling out two shallow cowards for what they are. Now are you two going to play or not?”

“Fuck you, were going. Have fun at college bitch.”

“Oh I will. Have fun being irrelevant next year playing Tompkins High and losing 10-0.”

“If we never see you again it will be too soon.” Says Kim.

“Oh same to you sweetheart.” I shut the door in their face. I lock the door and go back to the living room. When I see James on his phone. Looking over, Kim’s phone is just chilling out in the open. I get a devilishly fun idea.

At that moment Mandy comes back in. She has the dice and a paper in her hands. I shake my head and she doesn't get it.

“Where are Jackie and Kim?”

“Oh, they won't be joining us. They had to go.”

“Well why is Kim’s phone here.” James asks. He gets up and turns the light on.

“When I say they won’t be joining us, I should probably amend that to they wanted to go home, and I showed them the way out. Hey Mandy, you have Tom Johnson’s number? You know that Junior all the younger girls fall over?”

“Yeah, what did you have in mind?”

“I want to pretend to be him. I have an idea.”

“What?” asks James.

“They said some, shall we say, less than nice things about you, and I called them out for being a bunch of bitches, they responded with some digs at me. So I say we get at them for being a pair of rude whores.”

“That sounds good to me.” Says Mandy.

“But that’s a bit mean isn’t it?” Says James questioningly. Silly boy, so much to learn.

“Maybe, but two to three we win over you silly. And were going to need to use your phone ok James?”

“Why me?”

“Kim has our numbers. So we need someone’s to use. Let me see yours.”

“No.” James says retreating. How naive he is.

“Come on. James, please? For us?” Asks Mandy as she pouts.

“O-ok then.” He hands her his phone. A minute later she texts Kim’s phone and it buzzes. Perfect. I go to the front door to give Kim back her phone. The two idiots are walking off having not even noticed.

“Hey! Kim you forgot your phone!” I yell out. Kim comes running back. When she is close by, i tell her the bait for our trap,

“Hey you have Tom Johnsons number?”

“No why?”

“Well he just texted you. Thats his number right there.”

“Really? Oh my god!”

“Yeah. See you.” And I go back inside. Mandy and James are relaxing on the couches.

“Well. What to do now?”

“I don’t know. But I’m going to have fun with this. What do you guys want to do, I’m down for whatever.”

“I mean if you guys want we can still play truth or dare. I’ll play with you guys.”

“Really?” I ask him. “What about you Mandy?”

“Yeah, I’m just fucking with Kim on this. This is great.”

“Ok. Just let us know what’s going on ok?”

“Yeah.”

We sit down around the table, after I fetch a D6. James starts and we go on for a while. Just silly stuff like who was your first kiss, who is your celeb crush, I dare you to do the cinnamon challenge. Fun stuff. And we have a good time.

(James)

After I Dare Marissa to do the saltine challenge, It’s Mandy's turn. But she gets up for a second.

“You know this is fun and all, but in about two weeks James, we won't be here. So I want to ask you some questions.”

“WE, want to. You don’t seem to talk to that many people James. So we wanted to have a bit of fun with you.”

“Uhhh… Oh-ok.”

“So James. You ever kiss a girl?” Asks Mandy? They are being really forward on these. This is the first one, but I can already tell this is going to be their ‘easy’ question. This is going to be interesting.

“No. I've never kissed a girl. Who are you kidding, you see the way Jackie and Kim acted towards me?”

“Yeah. But you can still have kissed a girl.” My sister replies.

“Well i haven’t.”

“Ok, well would you like to?”

“I… Well…”

“I didn’t hear him say no; Mandy.”

“Gladly.” And mandy leans in, and plants a kiss right on me.Her lips are soft, and I… I really like it. It feels nice. The moment is brief, but at the same time, not long enough.She pulls away with a smile.

“Not bad, in a couple of years you'll be able to say you had your first kiss with the Team USA women's goalie.”

“And your sister will be the striker.” Marissa says with a grin.

“That was really nice Mandy, thanks.”

“You’re welcome. You aren’t half bad.”

“Now to continue with our questions James.” Marissa says. “Now tell us. James who do you have a crush on?”

“We promise we won't tell anyone. It stay between us all here.”

I think for a second. WHo do I have a crush on? Do I have one right now?

“Well that’s kind of hard, I don’t really have a crush.”

“Oh you liar.” Mandy says.

“I mean it.”

“If you mean it James, Kiss my foot.” Marissa says. And I stop. I could make something up, but I would also really like to kiss her foot. So I ask a brief question, but a very important one.

“Marissa. We aren’t… you know like real brother and sister? RIght?”

“No, James. Of course we are. We grew up together.”

“I know, but Like… We aren't biologically related are we?”

“No. You know that James.”

“Wait… You two aren't biological brother and sister?”

“No. James and I are adopted Brother and sister. We adopted him when he was about 7, I was 10.”

“Thats… Thats crazy. You never told me that.”

“It never came up.”

“Why did you ask James? Like didn’t you know?” Asked Mandy

“Well I did. I just put it out of my mind for a long time. Like I was really little and all, and I grew up with Marissa the whole time. I don’t know, I just put it out of my head. And I wanted to know for this.” And I lean down and kiss Marissas big toe, as she is wearing sandals. Mandy starts to laugh and Marissa looks quite surprised, but she quickly starts to laugh too. After a couple of minutes, she grabs her keys and we go.

“Bye Mandy. See you. Good luck in college if I don’t see you!” I say. Marissa and Mandy hug and we get into Marissas car. The ride back is quiet, but around halfway there she strikes up conversation.

“Did you like kissing my foot?”

“I mean I didn’t not like it.”

“So you like feet?”

“I mean I guess.” I start to feel red in the face.

“Hey don’t be embarrassed. It’s alright. Mandy and I would never say anything to anybody. Promise.”

“Oh, how did you guys finish that conversation with Kim?”

“Oh we told her she is a slut and blocked her haha!”

“Thats great haha.”

“You know James, even when I go to college, don't be afraid to call me ok? I will listen to you, whatever it is.”

“Thanks. I wish I could go with you. I’m going to miss you.”

“I’m going to miss you to. But hey just remember; You make your own adventure right? So you don’t have to live in my shadow, you can cast your own. It’s ok to miss me, but don’t let that be the only thing you have to define you.”

“Ok Marissa. Thanks.”

“Hey, I love you James. You’re a good guy, a great brother, a great son; mom and I love you, so much. Never let others determine who you are.”

“I won’t sis. I haven’t before, and I never will.”

“Good.” We pull in, and mom is out. I go upstairs, and go to bed, after a great day with my sister.
Chapter End Notes:

So I waited to put this up, because I didnt want it up at midnight where I was. So that's why its late. And will be the last chapter where James is big. I promise.

Thanks for reading, Have a Great Day!