- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

We pick it up. Would have been up yesterday but the site was down.

Marissa

After I hang up with James, I turn my attention back to the party. Mandy and I are the only two seniors on the team, She plays Goalie, and I play Striker. The majority of our team are sophomores, of the 9 remaining starters, the sophomores make up 7 of them. Mandy’s parents are away tonight, so it's just us, all 19 girls on the varsity team .

Mandy and I have been friends since we were about twelve. In two weeks, I’ll be going to St. Mary’s University in California, and she will be going to St. Vincent's, also in California. So we'll be playing each other.

Right now, Mandy and I are sitting down on the couch, watching a movie. I'm not really paying attention to what's going on though, I’m thinking of James. He tried so hard. He would ask me for help, he would ask the school for help, and he still couldn’t pass. It feels awful that he will need to go to summer school. But even worse is how mom really doesn't seem to understand James all that well. I think that just because I like school, and did well, she thinks James needs to do the same.

“Hey Mar?” It’s Jackie, a freshman on the Varsity. “Did you really have to invite your brother?”

“Yeah he’s such a loser.” Said Kim, another freshman.

“Yeah. He came to all our games the last two years, and he roots for all of you. You guys are mean to him, he does nothing to you all.”

“Yeah but he’s soooo weird. All he does is read those dumb comic books and sit by himself.” from Kim.

“You ever try and talk to him?”

“No, but he came up to talk to me and Jackie a couple of times at lunch when we were just sitting with some of our other friends. He was just trying to make dumb jokes. It was really annoying.”

“And what did you do?”

“I told him go away.”

“Oh how nice of you. You told a kid who has no friends to leave you alone, and all he did was try and be friendly. You know I was at that talent show. I was my little brother on stage and making jokes, and both of you both were laughing your butts off.”

“You know, James might not have any friends, but you two would be pretty dumb not to be nice to him. Remember when Jimmy Flower came into the school with a gun?” Said Mandy. Everyone looked right at us.

In December, the friday before winter break, Jimmy Flower came into school with a gun. He was a junior, and he was treated a lot like James is now, in regards that he is ignored. Not many friends. He asked out a girl to a date, and she laughed in his face. So he came into school with a gun. And James was caught in a hallway with him. And James talked to Jimmy, and Jimmy put down the gun. James saved the day. And the next day, some senior pushed him down the stairs. And he hit every single one on the way down,all 15. But James got up with a smile.

“You two should be ashamed.” Finished Mandy. “Speaking of James, where is he?”

“I don’t know. Let me see.” I pick up my phone and call him up.

James

My phone buzzes and I look. It’s Marissa, so i quickly answer it.

“Hey where are you?”


“I’m walking over. I’ll be there soon.”

“You could have asked me to drive to get you.”

“Yeah, but you’re with your friends, I didn’t want to bother you.”

“Ok Lil’ bro. See you soon.”

“Will do. See you soon. Bye.”

“Bye.” And I hang up. Looking around, It’s getting dark. I hustle along the way to the house. I get there and knock on the door.

Mandy answers with a big smile. “Hey James! Come on, we're watching a movie.”

“Ok.” Walking in, a lot of the girls have left. Now it's just Mandy, Kim, Jackie and Marissa. “Where did everyone go?”

“They all heard you were coming.” Said Jackie. Jackie is a girl I really don’t like. I used to have a crush on her, and maybe I still do, what with her blonde hair that goes to like the middle of her back. Her eyes shine beautifully with a deep blue tint. She is really beautiful, and it was embarrassing asking her to the school dance and her acting like it was joke.

“No way, I bet it’s because you wanted to have me all to yourself and wanted to make Kim jealous.”

“Eww, no way.” She responded.

“Not in a million years.” replied Kim. I took a seat across from them, closer to Marissa and Mandy. I don’t really know what the movie is, but i try and enjoy it. After a little bit, Kim and Jackie leave the room. Mandy and Marissa start to whisper with each other. I look out of the corner of my eye, and I notice they are giggling. What could they be talking about?

 

Chapter End Notes:

This was supposed to be up yesterday, but the site was down. You'll get to see what they are whispering about in a couple of minutes to an hour or so.