- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Since my last Story "A Determined Life" kind of got hard to finish and did not really match my expectations I decided to dive back in to the Screyquid-Universe to bring you this new story.

I'll try to find a way to implement enough action without losing the references to character development and story coherence. If you have the feeling that I neglect one of these aspects feel free to comment on that.

I highly recommend to read the first trilogy since the story will be easier to understand then.

I know that it isnt exactly helpful that a lot of categories are in the description but these are the ones I plan on implementing. Furthermore the story is rated X for a reason and it may contain quite violent features and death.

I hope you enjoy this story and I will try to update it as often as I can this is also why the chapters will be a little bit shorter than usual for my stories in average.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

A little introduction.

Hey my friends it’s me the Narrator you maybe remember from earlier stories like Screyquid I, Screyquid II and even Screyquid III. If you do you might also remember that at some point I would tell you a story about the further developments of the drug that is called Screyquid.

 

Last time we had a protagonist named Michael who by now is famous for his immense knowledge about the drug and its consequences. Of course I do not forget his friends Kyle, Lora and Michelle who took great part in Michael’s adventures and had some adventures themselves. As happy as I get when I think about the happy end their story had, the sad I get when it comes to the drift the world took after these events. When Michael’s adventures became public, in fact there were several books written about his adventures, sadly the abuse of Screyquid became very popular not only among young fellows. Worries were rare since everyone knew that Screyquid could have healing effects and the shrunken stadium could be ended simply by a high boost of dopamine and endorphin. Unfortunately it wasn’t quite that easy as you might expect if you read the last stories carefully. It’s not about having this boost of endorphin and dopamine but rather about in which composition you have it.

 

In fact Kyle and Michael both had been quite lucky that they both were truly struck with love when it happened since that highly influenced the composition of hormones discharged. And yes Kyle had fallen in love with Michelle despite all the things she had put him through. To cut to the chase the amount of people abusing this drug increased dramatically throughout the next years. It served for entertainment purposes as well as for curing fatal diseases and even for crimes. As the usage increased so did the number of people not capable of changing back by a simple sexual interaction. But since the pharmacy-industry saw a chance of making profit a medicament leading to the exact right boost conquered the market in the following years. There was only one problem… The medicament became incredibly expensive when the ScreyquidCorp. which had by then the patent for the production of Screyquid also acquired a monopoly on the production of this antidote. A single pill would cost more than two-thousand dollars, a price only few people were willing to pay. So number of new abuses decreased but there were still a couple of thousands people shrunken and unable to afford the antidote. These circumstances lead to disputes between state and industry about who would pay for their changing back.

 

About twenty-five years after the previous events that dispute was still going on and the shrunken patients were kept in a clinic financed by the state. Even though the number of new abuses had decreased, every year the number of patients in this clinic increased by a thousand at least. Additionally conspiracy theories emerged asserting the government was furthermore shrinking political oppositions and keeping them locked up in the clinic too. This theory was linked to the scientific progresses made with Screyquid which existed by then also in gas-like condition and there had been records published which should prove that the government was buying incredible amounts of this Screyquid-gas from ScreyquidCorp.

 

The problem was that there was no primary information since nobody had contact with the people locked up in the clinic. At least until…  But wait it seems like today is your lucky day, since I can tell you everything about the events that took place in this clinic. But before I come to that I’ll have to tell you about the guy I want to focus on in this story since his role in history is by far the most significant one. His name is Logan and it all began, as usual, with an innocent party.

Chapter End Notes:

It will take another chapter to actually get to the beginning of the story.

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment!