- Text Size +

The world was a blasted wasteland, a hellscape of ash and glass and dust populated by the damned. They numbered in their hundreds, their thousands, microscopic humans that wandered the endless plateau. They moved in small huddled groups and great scavenging crowds, frightened couples and lone wolves that picked through the twisted purgatory.

They cried out in fear and confusion, humans of all casts and creeds calling for help, for salvation, for mercy. Their voices echoed back at them, bouncing from giant bottles and glasses that stretched like crystal obelisks into the ever moving sky.

Beneath their world of glass, great pale creatures moved above a vast forest of grey fibres. Hundreds of tiny humans fell to their knees, staring with wide eyes at the titanic feet of their new goddesses as they swept across the floor.

Miles below their brothers and sisters cowered amongst the thick strands of fabric, lost amongst the filth. Their sky was a flickering maelstrom, shafts of electric light that fell upon them before being replaced by rolling clouds of tan skin.

Their city sized feet shook the earth, the slightest twitch of their toes obliterating anyone unfortunate enough to be caught beneath them. The humans at their feet were less than nothing, mindless insects that trembled in their divine presence. They were forgotten, human cast offs that eked out a pitiful living from forgotten scraps. Murder and starvation claimed many, those that survived resorting to cannibalising the dead to stay alive.

Many just waited for the end, clinging to trembling fronds until the casual footstep of a young woman ended their miserable lives. The painful truth that their deaths would go unnoticed, their tiny bodies popped against the flesh of a goddess who wouldn’t even feel their demise, only added to the bleakness of their existence.

Those on the table were driven mad by the sight of them. They filled the sky, a trio of all powerful beings that laughed and drank and smoked, heedless of the terrified masses that grovelled between them. They were beautiful, impossible, and to the creatures beneath them they were powerful beyond comprehension.

Their voices were thunder, their drunken gestures hurricanes.

Hundreds prayed to them, worshipping them as the deities they were. Their voices, their pleas were swallowed by even the slightest of their giggles.

To the east a giant siren tapped the table with her forefinger. Those that had fallen beneath it had long been turned to a translucent film that clung to her finger print. Her red painted nail sent shockwaves ringing across the world, deafening those nearby and throwing people from miles around from their feet.

A cigarette dangled from her other hand. She flicked it absently as she chatted, loosening a meteor of ash that detonated across the landscape like an atom bomb. Her eyes followed it to where it smouldered beside an empty wine bottle. Her cigarette rose to her ruby coloured lips. The tip flared like a beacon as she inhaled, captivating those that watched her with awe.

To her they were little more than featureless specks, miniscule deviations on the debris strewn table. Her pale blue eyes swept across them as she searched for a congregation worthy of her notice. A smirk settled upon her lips as her attention fell on a group of around fifty gathered beneath the rising side of a wine bottle.

With impossible speed she lowered her face to the, the force of her movement tearing away their cry of fear and sending them reeling.  She allowed them a second to recover, watching them scramble like ants before pursing her lips and blasting them with an immolating stream of smoke.

The effect was instantaneous. A devastating wave of burning air spilled across the table, scorching the crowd. Those that took the brunt of the assault burned, their bodies turning to ash, while those that were within the radius felt their skin blister as they were thrown across the table to land in agonised piles of broken bones and reddened flesh.

She laughed, the sound dominating the world, and leaned back against the black leather sofa. She flicked her long, pastel lilac hair over her shoulder and addressed her red headed friend who lounged opposite, ‘I love how shit they are. Did you pick up babe?’

The red head scowled and sat upright. Her eyes were a deep blue and darkly shadowed. She twirled a heart shaped pendant between her slender fingers, lifting it from where it hung between her deep cleavage, ‘Err yeah, it’s Saturday right?’

She lifted her Vivienne Westwood bag and settled it on the table, crushing untold numbers of innocents beneath it. The clasp opened with a pop.

‘Ooh pretty!’ the girl beside her cooed, surging forwards. The blonde clambered over her friend’s knee, her hands pouring over the tartan clutch. Her long pigtails spilled across her shoulders and framed her supple breasts.

‘Haha yeah,’ the red head laughed, ‘I had some money left over after getting our new toys.’

‘I love it!’ She squealed, ‘Though I dunno about the micro Shrinkies, I think they might be a bit small.’

The blonde pouted and stuck the tip of her finger between her full, pink lips. She retracted it slowly, a trail of saliva clinging to her fingertip, ‘I mean I can barely see them.’

With casual smoothness she lowered her finger to the table and ensnared a group of humans as they tried to flee. A smile split her face, her brilliant white teeth flashing as she brought them to her eye.

The scene upon her fingertip was a tableau of misery. Her simple touch had killed many, turning them to a red paste that was already being diffused in her saliva. Double that number was injured, their maimed bodies struggling as they slid beneath the viscous liquid. She watched them with fascination, her glee filled eyes filling the world before them, relishing in their suffering as they drowned in her spit. The survivors clambered upon them, desperately trying to prolong their lives in spite of the imminent death that awaited them.

‘Well they cost enough, don’t they make you feel super powerful?’ She scrunched her toes on the carpet, delighting in the knowledge that such a simple movement could have killed so many. The pendant span again in her grip.

The blonde haired girl shrugged, ‘I guess, I think I just prefer the minikins. You can really see what they go through and they’re still small enough to properly mess with.’

Without pausing she stuck her finger in her mouth and sucked the screaming humans from it with a loud smack. She swirled her tongue, the powerful muscle annihilating all trace of her victims. Her expression became thoughtful as she tried in vain to seek out any sensation of them. For a moment she thought she felt something against the inside of her lip but couldn’t be sure. They were just too small to be noticed.

‘Whatever,’ the girl opposite yawned, slipping her phone back into her bag, ‘We should head out, wanna take a hit before we go?’

The red head beamed, ‘You know it!’

She let her pendant crash against her chest and produced a small plastic bag from her purse.

The world was made anew, the process killing hundreds, as the table was swept clear with a wave of her hand. On the floor the helpless Shrinkies screamed and begged as the girls gathered around the table, their footfalls an apocalyptic event.

Those that remained on the table watched helplessly as their goddesses formed a tight wall around them, their bare midriffs sealing the horizons within a prison of flesh. The red head leaned forwards, her shadow swallowing the land. Those who were in her path were crushed by strands of hair as thick as industrial cables as her curls brushed lightly against the table.

The Shrinkies could only watch as three mountains of brilliant white powder tumbled from the bag, rising to dominate the landscape. Men and women screamed as they were buried alive, the grains as large as pebbles and heavy enough to break bones and crush the air from lungs. Across each mound people fought to free themselves of the debris, choking as microfilaments of narcotic powder filled the air like mustard gas. Many stayed to help, digging frantically to free loved ones, wives, husbands and children. Others just ran, their bodies moving automatically, their minds consumed by horror.

High above them the girls sipped their wine while the red head probed at her bag. With a flourish her fingers closed around a silver credit card and lifted it from the shadow hung depths.

It tracked across the sky before being bounced against the table. Each knock was like the ticking of a planet sized clock, marking the seconds as they marched towards the next slaughter. The world groaned with tectonic thunder, the ground shaking as the vast metallic wall sliced into the mountains with ease, shearing them into long lines of pristine white hills.

Her huge fingers manipulated the plastic blade with ease, trapping the desperate refugees, halting their flight. Those that were not smashed beneath it were forced, screaming, back into the crumbling heaps. The fate that awaited them blistered their minds, the inevitability of their demise swallowing their souls. The prayed, they pleaded, they prepared for the end.

The red head admired her work and flashed a wicked smile, ‘Party time bitches.’

They fell upon their domain like lions upon fresh meat. Their huge faces, visions of evil and beauty filled the sky. Beneath them their victims threw up their hands and tried to flee as their gargantuan features flashed by, bursts of white teeth, bright eyes and sensuous lips, before giving way to the deep pits of their nostrils. The dark portals twitched in greedily, each large enough to swallow a cruise liner.

A ring of silver, enough to buy a planet, hung from the nose of the lilac haired goddess. Her hungry eye surveyed them, scrutinising their tiny faces as they held their breath with anticipation.

With a roar that split the sky she inhaled. The world dissolved around them as the huge mountain range rose into the sky. Lovers were ripped from each other’s embrace, families torn apart as they were drawn into the heavens. The raging typhoon stole their voices, dragging it away into darkness.

The goddess moved along the line, her friends doing the same. Each girl consumed hundreds without mercy, their bodies mixing with the drugs to send them to bursting levels of euphoria. Pockets of white powder clung to the inside of their nostrils as they drew more of the substance within them. Around these survivors held on desperately, struggling to breathe within the swirling vacuum. The sound deafened them, their skin reduced to a patchwork of cuts and bruises from where the grains raked at them.

A colony of lucky humans sheltered upon the silver slope of the nose ring. They huddled together, their eyes screwed shut, their heads bowed as the wind raged around them. Their sanctuary was short lived.

With a groan of pleasure, the girl with the lilac hair finished the line and threw her head backwards. She lifted her knees, grinding the balls of her feet against the carpet and wiping out those caught beneath her. With a fluid motion she crossed one leg other the other, her red tipped toes gripping the edge of the table.

The humans who dwelt there were shaken to their knees, their faces filled with horror at the sight of her pink digits, each large enough to decimate an army. The table groaned as she arched her back and pinched the tip of her nose between her thumb and forefinger, liquefying the survivors inside.

‘Fuck!’ She cried, squeezing her eyes shut, ‘These little fuckers are intense!’

The blonde titan giggled, her eyes crossing as a flurry of tiny bodes and cocaine fell from her nose and plummeted towards her gentle cleavage. Beside her the red head drew a lazy tongue across her lips, catching and crushing any stowaways before affecting a sensual pout, ‘I told you they were good.’

‘Ok, ok,’ the girl opposite replied, dismissing her with a wave, ‘I take it back, you were right.’ She shook her head again, her pastel locks dancing around her head as she forced clarity into her mind, ‘Yeah alright cool, I’m good. I’m ready.’

‘You sure?’ The red head asked, her eyebrow rising.

‘Yeah, one hundred percent,’ she swung her feet from the table and stood, ‘I’m ready to drink and dance until I die!’

The two other girls rose with her, the blonde still giggling and massaging the sides of her nose.

For the surviving humans the sight was indescribable. Above them their gods disappeared into the heavens, their shapely legs carrying them almost beyond the edge of vision. Their very existence shattered what little spirit remained on the table. Spurred by little more than blind panic and basic instinct they fled in all directions as the blonde leant over them and lifted the towering glass bottles from the earth with a single finger.

They scrambled away, scurrying on all fours as the girls moved around them. The lilac haired goddess strode away, her attention focussed on her own reflection that smirked back from the gold framed mirror that filled one wall. The blonde shifted her weight onto one leg, cocking her hip and casting a bored glance down at the pathetic creatures that trembled in fear of her.

‘What about the Shrinkies?’

The red head followed her gaze, her eyes brows lifting in surprise. A pair of killer, stiletto heeled ankle boots dangled in her grip, ‘Oh shit, I can’t believe there’s still some left. Tough little bastards aren’t they? Don’t worry about it, I’ll sort it.’

The blonde moved away leaving only the red headed goddess standing above her terrified slaves and their devastated realm. Her expression was one of triumph and pure domination. She bent double, arching her back and smirking down at them. Her sensuous cleavage hung invitingly before them, the pendant swinging with each movement.

‘Had fun?’ she asked, stifling a giggle, ‘Well there’s more in store for you sad little fucks, bye bye.’

She winked at them and wiggled her fingers before taking a deep breath and unleashing a hurricane upon them. She moved after them, blasting them from the glass arena and sending them spinning over the edge and tumbling to the floor. Only around half would survive the fall but she didn’t care. They were dead the second she purchased them.

‘Oh my god!’ the goddess by the mirror gasped as the blonde walked in from the kitchen, ‘I can’t believe you just did that! How many were left? They must have been worth a thousand bucks!’

The red head shrugged, ‘its cool.’

She bit her lip and twisted a lilac curl in her fingers, ‘How much money did you get anyway?’

‘Enough,’ she winked, dropping back onto the couch, ‘besides, I like that there’s a bunch of them crawling around down there. It’s kinda cool y’know. Just imagine being so small that a carpet is like a forest to you. Do you ever think what we must look like to them, especially to these micro Shrinkies? I bet it is crazy. They are proper people, living proper lives and we can just snuff them out without even noticing. We probably kill a bunch of them before we’re even awake in the morning, stomping all over them when we come down for coffee.’

‘Are they even real though?’ The girl with the lilac hair asked, ‘I thought like loads of them were synthetic or some shit now?’

‘Fuck knows,’ the red head shrugged, ‘I think it’s a mix or something. They have proper minds though. They think they’re human; they have memories and emotions and shit so that’s all that matters. As long as they piss themselves when they see me, drop to their knees when I walk past and scream when I crush them that’s cool with me.’

The blonde laughed, sparing a brief thought for the tiny humans that lived at her feet. She wiggled her toes, hoping that the simple movement would have claimed at least few of them, ‘See and that’s why I don’t think about it, you are pure evil babe!’

The red head affected a hurt expression, the pendant spinning in her fingers, ‘Aww hun don’t you worry. You are far too cute; you’d be our little pet wouldn’t she?’

‘Yeah of course,’ the lilac haired girl smiled, slipping her feet into a pair of black heels, ‘we’d keep you for at least a little while before squishing you.’

The red head giggled at the idea. ‘Very funny,’ the blonde goddess scowled, sticking out her tongue, ‘oh shit wait, do you still have your little guy?’

The pendant stopped spinning, ‘Yup, six years this fall.’

The two girls watched as she undid the clasp on her pendant and flicked it open. Her palm moved beneath it and, with a twitch of her fingers, she released the tiny man that had been sealed within.

He cried out with fear as he fell the short distance to her waiting hand. He bounced as he hit her palm, rolling into a quivering ball. The pendant snapped closed and was left to swing against her chest as she moved her finger towards him. He was tiny, barely an inch tall, emaciated and wild.

Her slave barely paused as her finger drew within striking distance of him, leaping upon her fingernail and kissing the smooth surface. The girls giggled at the pathetic display. His goddess shook him off, her towering fingers forming a prison around him as he staggered across her skin.

‘I can’t believe you still have him!’ the blonde cooed, her eyes wide as she watched him rise to his knees. He was an organic, a real person. He had once been engaged to her friend and, after a few beers, had agreed to the process as a short term thing to satisfy his fiancé’s kink. He had no idea he was committing himself to a life of slavery and humiliation.

‘You should squash him,’ the third goddess began, wrinkling her pretty nose with distaste, ‘if you can’t bring yourself to do it I will. I’ll make it nice and quick, just one crunch and he’s done.’ Her own slaves barely lasted a week before being reduced to sad, red paste beneath her feet.

He shrieked as she reached out for him, his ex fiancé driving her thumb into him as punishment for his outburst. ‘No way, they get better with age honestly. If you can get someone shrunk you can do pretty much anything to them without killing them, it gives you a lot more time to be creative.’

The girls shared a knowing glance. ‘But like, does he even eat and stuff?’ The blonde piped, pouting with curiosity.

The red head laughed, ‘Oh he eats all right, if you know what I mean. Anyway, why are we sat around talking about this sad little fuck, are you not buzzing yet? Come on!’

She leapt to her feet and without hesitation threw her tiny slave into one of her boots. He squeaked as he vanished into the darkness. She settled it on the floor and sent her foot in afterwards, hunting for her prey. There was a wet crunch as her toes caught him, forcing him under the ball of her foot where she could focus the most pressure upon him. In his current state her weight wouldn’t kill him, just flatten him into a ball of fully sentient living putty. He would feel every step.

She swept up her bag and headed for the door, delighting in the sensation of him against her bare skin. He was in for hell tonight, each passing hour seeing him reduced further beneath her. He would suffer while she danced upon him, his bones turning to powder, the burning air that he breathed gradually replaced by sweat that would fill his lungs and drown him. It would be a typical Saturday night.

The three goddesses laughed and chatted, their stiletto clad feet claiming dozens more as they crossed the room and walked out into the night. The door closed behind them with a click.

In their wake an entire civilisation wept in the darkness. It would be only hours until their goddesses returned and their torment began again.