- Text Size +

Exhausted, I continued to try to escape from the monster. I had been attempting to survive for what seemed to be hours but I realized it was probably just 20 minutes or less. When you are the mouse in game of cat or mouse, its impossible to keep track of time. All I knew for sure was that I was exhausted and i didnt think I could fight off the giant creature much longer. But I had to. It couldnt end like this.

As I dodged the giant paws, I furiously cursed everyone for my predicament. It was my kid sister Jennifer's fault for leaving me, unprotected. Why hadn't she put me in her purse and taken me with her?

I blamed the stupid freshmen girls next door who owned the horrible cat. If I could tell them what I thought of them, I would blast them something good- allowing her to be loose in the dorm with me being at risk. I imagined hollering at them for their stupidity. Godamn immature foolish stupid girls! Then I laughed at myself. Even if i escaped this mess, Id never be able to tell them how i felt. For one, Jennifer would never even let them know of my exisence. But even if I could see them, at my size, I dont think my tirade would have had the desired impact to the giant 18 year olds! Looking up at them, trying to vent my anger, I knew the girls would peer down at me, with amusement unable to even reach their ankles, watching a doll furiously spitting out his hatred.

"oh julia, hes so cute and hes so somad at us! Arent you little man?"

"I know kimmie. Hes just so precious with all those bad words coming out of his teeny tiny mouth. The Poor little fella. I think he wants to be picked up so he can rant and rave at us some more. Help him Kimmie"

Theyd giggle as one of Kimmie would lift me, effortlessly in her giant hand to help me get closer to her giant face. " I dont understand a word your saying little man but you seem annoyed with julia and me!"

"I dont think the little man is enjoying being held by you kimmie. Why dont you give him to me?Maybe you are too rough on him. He needs a gentle girls touch."

Then theyd both be giggling and I would be humiliated, rather than having my satisfaction at teaching them a lesson. The last thing id want is to be held by those two nitwits as pretty as they might be.

Of course the one I was angriest with was Amy. My sisters beautiful roomate sometimes did not use her head! She had been the one that put me in this predicament. How could she have left the door open? The cat was just being a stupid cat, looking for food. Amy had to be more careful with me living there. It was truly her fault and if I surived, I was goign to let her know! And Unlike the foolish girls next door, I would tell her off good. She would have to listen to my anger, because my survival depended on her and Jennifer. Damn I hated being so helpless.

And I knew it was none of their faults. They were just teenaged girls or a little bit older. No one normal sized is to blame when a man is shrunk to 1 1/2 Inches tall and is almost eaten by a cat. Why would the girls next door even know to keep their damn cat penned up and away from the dollman?

In my imagination, I got out my agression at the world for their stupidity. In the real world, I tried to escape running to the wall, in search of a mousehole to crawl in and hide in, until help arrived. But I knew better. There was no mousehole in the room, damnit. The dorm was new and Jennifers room had no place for me to hide.I was alone to face the gigantic cat. This time I feared I had no energy left to do battle. I was going to be a snack for her and when she pinned me under her paw, I could smell her fishy breath all over me. I couldnt escape this time. I struggled helplessly under the giant paw as it toyed with me before torturing me with death. The girls were not going to arrive to rescue me and I braced for being eaten by this fucking killer.

Then out of nowhere, i could feel relief coming. First, I could hear the closet door being opened and then the sound of someone dressing, trying to be as quiet as possible. Of course to my little ears, It was not quiet at all. Then it was jennifer bending down, kneeling next to me, caressing me gently again. I could smell her pretty fragrance and I realized I was going to be ok this time.

"andy, hun we slept too long and I have a double chem lab to go to. You gotta get up. We need to go or I will miss an important class"

Shit! It had just been a nightmare. There was no cat. I was sweating profusely when jennifer picked me up and she could feel the dampness in my tiny clothes. She was soothing with her gentlest voice as she reassured me that I was ok. I was not in any danger with her around.

"I think you had a terrible nightmare sweetie. Dont worry, I wont let anything happen to you." She lifted me up to her smiling face and reassured my trembling body. "I'm sorry we overslept, little one. This day was quite a shocker for both of us and I think we really needed a rest but now I am in a big hurry and we really have to go! I am going to put you in my blouse pocket and we can talk on my way to lab okay?"

I wanted to say no. I had no intention of going in her blouse to a lab where I would be trapped in her small pocket for hours. It was ridiculous of her to think I would accept these conditions. I was not going to permit it! I would ......

But before I had a chance to argue with the giantess, I was dropped gently into her pocket. She looked in on me and smiled warmly again.

Then she giggled as she said sweetly to me, "You have no idea how cute you look in there mini bro. Sorry I cant help it." Her smile was infectious and I had to calm my anger towards this lovely giantess.

I must have turned red because she told me not to be so embarrassed. She told me we are going to have to get used to a few uncomfortable situations and make the most of them. Then she dropped a pink hankie into her pocket for me to wrap myself up in. I had to admit begrudingly, jennifers pocket was quite warm and comfortable. If you had to be carried around, it was certianly not the worst way to go.

Jennifer grabbed her text book of the desk and closed her dorm room door. She winked at me as I made myself comfy in her pocket.

"maybe this wont be terrible. Its nice to have my brother back even if he is smaller than a mouse." Jenn said it quietly but plenty loud for me to hear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As Jenn started to walk down the stairs, (she lived on the third floor of the dorm), I could feel every step she took. It was a weird feeling to be bounced around in her pocket, back and forth as she moved up and down. I heard her talking to a girl in the stairwell but what the giants were saying to each other, I had no idea. I was trying hard to grip onto something but there was little to hold in her pocket. It must have felt funny to her to feel her big brother bouncing around back and forth, brushing against her, as she moved briskly along. Then we got outside and it felt very cold. So I cuddled up wrapping myself tightly in my sisters hanky.

Before racing across the quad, jenn looked in at me and smiled again. " Good. Bundle up little one, its kinda chilli out here. Im going to run as fast as i can so we wont be late to lab. Hold on tight, okay?"

I agreed by nodding. She took off as if she was an athlete! I didnt remember her being into sports but perhaps it was just from my perspective that we were moving so fast? Either way, She started for class and bounced around even more than when she had hopped downstairs.

Jennifer was good to her promise and spoke to me all the way. I guess she did not run into anyone along the way because she would have looked kinda silly talking to herself as she ran to class.

"I know we didnt have a long time to talk earlier but we will later, promise. For now, please just listen to me." She began, breathing uneasy as she ran. "Im happy to have you with me but I realize this is not going to be easy for you at least at first. Dont worry please? I am going to make this work, You'll see. Ive already got alot of plans in my head but you have to trust in me. I am going to take good care of you and you are going to be safe. We will work out all the kinks as we go along. The only thing I am planning on asking of you is to trust in me and to give me a chance."

She stopped talking as she caught her breath. "But jenn..." I tried to express my reservations but she cut me off, hushing me.

I could tell she was speeding up as the bouncing around got worse. I felt like I was being thrashed back and forth and I embraced her blouse pocket. Feeling her right breast underneath me, I quickly let go of the blouse and then bounced even more. "Ohhh!" She seemed to sigh quietly but then went back to her lecture. "I mean it Andy. You have to trust me. I've become a grown woman since the last time you saw me and I can make this work for us. I promise." I felt somewhat reasured as jenn slowed down, apparently nearing our destination.

Then Jenn opened the science center door and I bounced again. I was Never going to get used to being carried by giants! More quietly she said, " I am going to have to stop talking to you for awhile or they will all think I've lost it" She giggled a little. "At break, I will go to the girl's room and take you out for a few minutes for some fresh air, promise. Plus I will peak in at you every now and then to make sure your ok. Allright?" Again she smiled warmly down at me so I had a hard time not smiling back up. "You'll see hun, this is going to be good!"

As Jennifer approached the lab, I was starting to feel slightly more comfortable with my new situation. Then, just before she opened the door she said one more thing: "You know, Its not like a 1" tall guy really gets to choose what happens to him anyways.I can think of some terrible places someone in your situation could wind up in. If I were you, I think id count myself lucky to have wound up in such a good spot!"

As I looked around at the inside of her pretty pocket, now slightly damp from her perspiration, I realized she was probably right. I had landed in the hands of a capable kind young woman who wanted to do right by me. I was indeed fortunate. Feeling Jennifer gently sit down for class, I couldnt completely shake the feeling that there would be plenty of rough spots ahead and that I should try to be on my best behavior with her, just in case she changed her mind.