- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
not sure why this chapter is coming up wrong,ANY SUGGESTIONS OR SOLUTIONS ASUKAFAN?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        I thought back to a time years earlier when I was just 14 and jennifer was 11. Another lifetime. I had thought that Jennifer had been a little brat, a typical kid sister I guess. She had always wanted to tag along with me and my friends and being the jerky teen that I was, I pushed her around a bit and didnt want her always getting in the way.

Its funny what comes to your mind in situations like these. ( not that they happen too often to most people) I couldnt help but picturing this day back in 91 when jenn was being pretty insistent about hanging around with jeff, katie and me. I told jenn she was too little and that we didnt want her bugging us , cause we had big kids stuff to do. Jennifer refused to take no for an answer.

My sister had always been on the petite side, so i'd guess she was around 4 feet at the time ( probably about 75lbs) and easy enough to handle.
( As I looked at her now, it was impossible to tell just how tall she was today from my perspective but I doubted she was much taller than 5' 1" or 5' 2". )

All those years back, Jenn kept insisting that she was big enough and that I had to let her hang out with them. I was getting frustrated at her and I'd had enough. I remember picking her up forcefully and carrying her little body kind of easily as she offered just a little resistance. She had struggled considerably but she was no match for me. She begged me to let her go but I needed to make my point. I carried her to her bedroom and dumped her on her bed and told her not to bother us anymore. "Please Andy," she had begged, "you'll see, I will be fun to have around. I wont be any trouble, I promise" I looked at her and said " Jenn come on sis, what good are you right now? maybe someday when you are older and bigger but right now, my friends and I dont want to have to look after a twerp! Just stay away from us, will you? I dont want to have to punish you. That won't feel so good to you and your shrimpo body." Saying that, I went over to demonstrate just how much a lesson from me might hurt. I grabbed her little arms and pinned them against the bed. Her legs strggled to get free so i sat down hard to stop her flailing. She continued to struggle with no results for another minute. Then I did something kind of nasty to her. I pushed hard with all might for just a few seconds, knowing that it would make my point. It did. I heard her cry in pain for just a second and then I let go. I knew I had gone too far. She had a few tears in her eyes but wiped them away.

"Fine" she said."i dont want to hang out with a jerk like you anyways."I felt bad but instead of apologizing, I made it worse. " just dont get any ideas about bugging us anymore jenn. hang out with kids your own size or theres more where that came from jennifer!"

She gave me a look that said disgust and fury. "just get out you big bully. I wont trouble you and your grown up friends anymore." And she actually was true to her word. I must have made my point because she stopped hanging around with us, never asking to go places with us anymore. I had made my point. Now I thought back on that day for some reason. It had been 9 long years since that day, yet thats the memory that popped up as sergeant Anderson brought me over to see now my giant sister.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sargent Anderson lifted me up so that jennifer could see me better. If you werent looking for me, I imagine that a normal sized person would not even see me at an inch and a half tall. I waited to see how jenn was going to react. She just stared, not saying anything. The sargeant looked at her and she continued to peer down at me in silence, not showing any emotion. "MISS ? ARE YOU ALLRIGHT? I CAN IMAGINE THIS IS OVERWHLEMING FOR YOU BUT IT WILL GET EASIER OVER TIME. CAN I ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE ABOUT THIS?"

Finally, my sister seemed to come out of her stuper. "OH MY GOD, YOU REALLY ARE MY BROTHER, ARENT YOU?" She smiled slightly, then looked troubled. " I DIDN'T BELIEVE IT WAS POSSIBLE BUT SEEING YOU THERE LIKE THIS, ITS REALLY YOU!"

"I know it takes some getting used to miss voight but aside from his new height, your brother is exactly as you remember him. Do you want to hold him?" the Sargeant asked.

"MAY I SARGENT?" My sister cautiously asked. "CAN HE UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE SAYING?DOES HE KNOW ITS ME? THIS IS TOO WEIRD!LAST TIME I SAW ANDREW, HE WAS WAY UP TO HERE. Jennifer motioned with her hand to a place about a foot over her head. "NOW HES AS SMALL AS A PIN. MAYBE SMALLER! THIS IS TOTALLY CRAZY!"

The sargent put me down on the table for a second and comforted jennifer. I watched them discuss me as if I were a non important figure, a non person in this conversation that was about me! I wanted to be involved in this after all, it was me they were talking about!

"Jennifer. I hear everything you are saying sis. I know who you are. My mind is still the same, its just my height which has been altered. Im still your big brother, only ive been reduced."

Jennifer looked at me as if surprised that I could speak. She bent down closer to me and had a look of not having heard most of what i just said. ( sometimes It was hard for the giants to hear my voice if they werent paying close attention) She smiled in spite of herself at something I said, maybe she had heard me say something about being her big brother.

Sargent Anderson motioned for her to take me off the table if she liked. I was not prepared for the incredible quickness and strength in my little sisters hand as she reached down and scooped me up like I was a tiny doll. I know she was probably trying to be gentle, but as she lifted me up to her face, I struggled to stay conscious, the force of her grip overcoming my tiny body. " OH MY GOD ANDY, ITS REALLY YOU DOWN THERE! YOU ARE SO TINY. I AM SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK EVEN IF YOU ARE ANT SIZED." She could see my wincing in pain and she tried to loosen her grip. " IM SORRY. I DONT KNOW HOW TO HOLD YOU YET. I DIDNT MEAN TO HURT YOU. ARE YOU OK?" She looked very concerned not wanting to have inadvertantly cause me pain. I could see she was still trying to process this situation and although I was in terribel pain, she was obviously worried about my condition.Worriedly to the sargent jenn asked " PLEASE TELL ME HE'S OK? I DIDNT MEAN TO HURT HIM.I HAD NO IDEA HOW HELPLESS AND DELICATE HE WAS."

The sargent suggested she put me down so I could catch my breath. jennifer sat down on her couch and then gently placed me down on her pretty peachy skirt where I was able to regain my balance. She smiled down on me as I found a comfortable place on her lap. I yelled up at her, "jen you have to be more careful with me. I am very fragile and you are so big and strong to me now."

Jennifer smiled at the sargent, amused aparently that anyone thought of her as a giant, " I GUESS HE HAS NO IDEA THAT I AM BARELY 5 FEET TALL, DOES HE? EVERYONE I KNOW LOOKS DOWN ON ME. BUT TO HIM, I GUESS I LOOK HUGE. ITS SORTA FUNNY TO IMAGINE THAT I AM GIGANTIC TO SOMEONE."

Sargent Anderson smiled back but then looked very concerned. " DON'T FORGET MISS PLEASE, TO HIM YOU ARE A GIANT AND YOU MUST ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND THAT TO MR. VOIGHT, THE ENTIRE WORLD IS NOW GIANT SO HE IS GOING TO NEED THE PROTECTION AND THE VILAGANCE OF SOMEONE ALL THE TIME. SMALL ANIMALS WILL BE MONSTERS TO HIM. EVEN CHILDREN WILL BE CAPABLE OF SQUISHING SOMEONE THE SIZE OF YOUR BROTHER. HES TOTALLY HELPLESS IN THE WORLD WITHOUT SOMEONE LIKE YOU LOOKING AFTER HIM. IM VERY CONCERNED THAT HE HAS SOMEONE HE CAN DEPEND ON, A GUARDIAN LOOKING AFTER HIM, WHO WILL KEEP HIM SAFE AND PROTECT HIM WITH THEIR LIFE."

My sister, now more composed and understanding of the situation lifted me again, this time firmly but much more gently. I was pleased she had learned how I liked being handled so fast. " I CAN DO THIS SARGENT. I WILL PROTECT MY BROTHER TOTALLY, SO YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY." On saying this, jennifer stroked me lovingly with her fingers, seeming to understand that this was the gentleness that i needed. Jennifer seemed very determined to take on this big responsiblity and I was impressed by her maturity.

Apparently, the sargent from MOVAC was satisfied as well. He was going to leave me under my little sister's care. "GOOD . THEN YOU CAN SIGN MY PAPERS AND I WILL BE ON MY WAY. JUST REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO DOLL PROOF YOUR APARTMENT, FOR LACK OF A BETTER TERM." Jenn continued to caress me as the sargent continued. ".....NO CATS, NO LEFTOVERS THAT WILL ATTRACT INSECTS, NOTHING THAT WILL ENDANGER YOUR BROTHER. YOU MUST TRY TO LOOK AT THE WORLD FROM HIS PERSPECTIVE AND TAKE AWAY EVERYTHING THAT COULD CAUSE HIM HARM. ONE SLIP UP, AND YOUR LITTLE BIG BROTHER IS IN FOR A WORLD OF TROUBLE AND PAIN! YOU NEED TO GET HIM A DOLLHOUSE TO LIVE IN AS WELL WHERE HE WILL BE SAFE WHEN YOU AREN'T AROUND. OH, AND THE SOONER YOU EXPLAIN THIS WHOLE SITUATION TO YOUR ROMMATE,THE BETTER IT WILL BE FOR EVERYONE. YOU WOULDNT WANT HER TO FIND HIM BY ACCIDENT AND EVEN WORSE, WHAT IF YOU ARE DISTRACTED FOR ONE SECOND AND SHE WERE TO STEP ON HIM, SQUISHING HIM, NOT EVEN KNOWING THAT HE WAS THERE. YOU MUST BE EXTRA CAREFUL MS. VOIGHT, PLEASE"

Jennifer agreed to the sargents suggestions and placed me in her pocket so that she could sign his papers. My sister's blouse pocket was soft and smelled nice,relaxing me instantly. I was glad to be out of the uncomfortable valise and I hoped that my new life with jenn would be somewhat more pleasant for me than it had been at MOVAC. Next thing I knew, the door had closed. I must have fallen asleep in jennifers pocket and the sound of the door closing woke me back up.

Jennifer's gigantic fingers reached into her pocket and gently lifted me in the air. I was held firmly but gently between her fingers as she put me on the bed. She lay down next to me and got a beter look at her diminutive big brother. there was a cute look on her face as she had a very uncertain smile. "WELL I GUESS YOU SORTA BELONG TO ME NOW SQUIRT. I HAVE THE PAPERS TO PROVE IT. I CANT IMAGINE THIS IS VERY EASY FOR YOU IS IT? THIS IS GOING TO TAKE ALOT OF ADJUSTING FOR BOTH OF US. " She looked at me for a second and was still struggling with the ideas that her brother was alive , and that I was small enough to fit into a hamster cage.

I viewed her incredibly gigantic body lying next to me on the bed and thought to myself, I hope she's become a kind and decent person in my absence. She clearly had grown both in beauty and in intellegence.She was an attractive woman, my sister, with a good head on her shoulder. I was to be at her mercy so I was hoping her character had matured well as well. Time would tell. I knew that if If jennifer were like alot of other people in the world , I could be in for a most unpleasant future. I shuddered to think just how helpless and dependant on jenn I was about to become. My little sister held my life in her hands and she was going to be responsible for me for the foreseebale future. I prayed she woud treat me with love and repect as she got up to make a list of all the things she needed to remember to do for her dollsized brother.