- Text Size +

‘Come in!’ I heard as I knocked the door. Without a hesitation, I pushed the door open.

The office is quite large compare to many other ones in this building and has a very nice view. Even though two sides of the office was glass, they were all covered with blinds. Ms. Mason was quite young for such a position, I did not know her exact age but figured to be in her 30s, although she could totally be mistaken as in 20s, only when you start to pay attention to the nuances, like the tiniest complexion around her eyes or the way she talks, you start to realize her is older. Ms. Mason was taller than average, at a healthy 5’9 she would be a 6 footer with the current thing going on. She is beautiful and classy in her professional outfit with a sort of updo hairstyle in a shiny caramel color. I was more than a bit nervous when I stepped into her office, partly was because of the unknown to what she had planned for me. To make matter even worse, the recent event that brought me shorter than her was also less than ideal, from what I heard she can be quite tough to employees sometime.

 

‘You wanted to see me, Ms. Mason?’ I asked.

 

‘Yes, come here.’ She signaled me to come forward while seemingly just finishing some work at hand. I walked up in front of her desk and waiting for her next move.

 

‘How long have you been working at our firm, Nick?’ She took off her stylish framed glass as a sign of finishing reading her current work at hand and looked at me.

 

‘Two years on this September, Ms. Mason.’ I did not think too much before the answer came out.

 

‘No need for the formalities, It’s just Mavis.’ With that she stood up. I did remember her wearing high heels all the time, sometimes I even thought she just wanted to have an advantage when talking to her subordinates with a bit height advantage, it was never too much of an issue for me but now I could totally feel it.

 

I was maybe 5’11 or close to 5’10 at this moment while I figured her to be 6’1. But the height difference was clearly more than 3 inches until I noticed her 6 inches high heel court shoes clearly had contributed to the fact she was close to a head taller than me. She simply walked around her large office desk and stopped right next to me. She had her arm across in front of her proud chest and looking me up and down. The proximity of her presence made the height difference that more obvious and I wondered if that is just one of her normal intimidation technic.

 

‘I’ve been paying attention to you, Nick.’ She started to walk around me in very slow speed. Could be me overthinking but I thought she was putting very strong emphasize on the Click-Click sound her high heels makes. ‘I was very impressed by how you manage to get that project done a few weeks ago and I know you have been working hard lately to prepare for the presentation thing today. It’s a shame Chris couldn’t make it today to see it. I think might have something to do with the fact that with his current statue he might just be too embarrassed to be seen at work now.’ She stopped and looked down me into the eye. Chris is my director and he is a short Asian dude Maybe about 5’3 but I figured he must be below 5 foot by this point. Though he is my director he still works under Mavis so I guessed it was natural she made fun of him just now in front of me.

 

‘I’ll just cut the chase, Nick. I recently fired Olivia, so with her gone, I’m gonna need a new personal assistant, and I thought you just might be the right person. You will, of course, receive a raise in salary compare to you current position and I know this may not be the exact work content you want to do, but you will have a chance to learn from the best in a close distance.’ She asked, ‘What do you say?’

 

‘I am extremely flattered Ms. Mas.. Sorry, Mavis.’ I could finally relax now that I know this was not some bad thing.

 

‘I do have my doubt, you know, with this size changing thing going on right now. I don’t think they know how long this is going to keep happening, but if at some point you as a men become too small to come to work I might have to get another assistant. For now you will do, let’s hope that won’t happen.’ She was saying that like it was just some regular thing happens every other weekend. I too first time start to considered this possibility, what if it never stops? Well at least this is a gradual thing, so it’s not like every man on the planet are gone instantly.

 

‘So I’ll give the HR a call and let them know. Take an early break today, and from tomorrow you report to me directly. And don’t be late, I’m looking forward to it.’ Was that a flirtatious look she just gave me? Or was it just my imagination? I wouldn’t be too surprised if was the former, they said the change is increasing women’s sexual appetite. I guess it would also explain she choose to have a young men as her new personal assistant. Almost like a reversal of the classic male boss and young female secretary scenario.

 

The rest of the day went rather uneventful. Not exactly the promotion I was looking for, but working with Mavis in the future may benefit me career-wise plus the pay raise, so it was not bad at all. If I still have a future that is… Well no point to worry about thing I cannot change, right? Should just enjoy now. I took out my phone and text Emma, ‘I can leave work early, why don’t you just come and pick me up now.’

 

Half an hour later, I was out side of the office building when a large SUV pull over in front of me. The window went down and it was Emma.

‘Hey never seen you drive this before.’ I said.

‘It is the only thing that fits well now.’ She said with a smile. One of the thing I like about Emma is she got this such gentle voice and always with a nice smile.

As I got in the car, being close to Emma I could tell she surely has grown just like any other women over the last day. Her hand seems larger on the wheel now, and even I was sitting straight, it feels like the vantage point of her head was slightly higher than mine. She is wearing a very simple short dark dress with medium sleeves some flowery ornated patterns on the slightly transparent material. The dress seemed pretty tight on her body and I was not surprised by a bit.

 

Emma was focusing on the driving and had no knowledge me have already checked her out. ‘So Nick, I’m gonna have to stop at the Uni-Garb store to grab some new cloths, I think you might need them too, you wanna go together?’

‘Yeah, sure. How are you feeling though, you look different as well.’

 

‘I’m okay really, I mean, I didn’t get out of the house till now, I did not find much of a change since this is just the first day, maybe it will be more obvious tomorrow. I did not even know it was happening till I checked the news today.’ She chuckled, ‘speaking of which, your work place must have been a little bit of adventure for you then? Seeing everyone as different now.’

‘Only the women are the different ones, haha, every men still looks same to me.’ I joked. ‘it is amazing though, how much 4 inches can change.’

‘Now you mentioned it, I think I just read earlier, apparently, 4 inches is just a base number. It varies on different people and mostly based on your usually height, or say the starting height. For example if you are a really short male you probably lose less than 4 inches a day but not by much though, so maybe 3 and a half if you are about 5 feet tall to start with. So it is slightly based on a multiply factor instead of just a fixed number 4 inches. It would make sense otherwise the shorter ones would be gone way to quick, you know what I mean? On the other hand shorter women would grow less height and taller women grow more. Sadly for you Nick, taller guys lose more height too.’ Emma explained.

 

That’s why! It makes sense now, so all this time maybe I have lost a bit more height than just 4 inches and that’s why Mavis or just any women I’ve met today they seem a bit taller than how tall I think I would be at the time. Mavis was not just 6’1 with 6 inches heels just now, she could be 6’2 maybe and I was 5’9? Or maybe not so much just half more inch difference instead of one inch.

‘So you are saying you are over 6’6 right now?’ I tried to push this a bit further.

‘Just shy of 6’7 when I measured myself before I came out. You know in Metric system that’s the 2 meters mark.’ She chuckled again and paused. ‘ Also the physiques of body doesn’t remain the same either. Say if you are a 5 feet tall girl you spend 3 days to grow to 6 feet. Your body shape will somewhat remain some proportion like when you were 5 feet tall but more would be close to how a 6 feet girl would look like, it is more like balancing in between your old physique and the new height’s physique. So if a women grow really tall, although she wouldn’t grow equally in 3 dimensions but she wouldn’t become super skinny either.’

‘Since when did you become an expert for this Emma?’ It seems she enjoy the fact that the change was happening though.

‘I don’t know, this morning? You know I don’t do much work now, so I have a lot of free time.’ She said.

The rest of the conversation revolved around just the little things happens in life lately, and so we arrived at the Uni-Garb store. When we get out of the car, I had my first experience with how tall Emma is now. She was only wearing a white ballerina flat with a black tip. So no heel was added to her height, yet she looked taller than how Mavis looked in the office before with a very tall heel on. She looks really calm even when she is like the tallest person around here and acted very naturally as if this was still normal. Compare to Mavis, she is not only about a little bit taller, because she was at this height with not heels, her overall body size was clearly larger than someone who was maybe 6’1 ish. But in the same time she is still very fit, like how she explained the way physique changes. I was pretty sure she work out to keep in shape too, so there was that.

 

Standing next to her, for the first time in my life or in a very long time, I felt very short. It almost feels like I was a little kid and she’s my older sister. And it was even more amazing since I was pretty tall (well for men anyways) to start with. While I was only around shoulder height to her, a good deal of people passing by were almost at chest height to her. I also found walking with her is a bit challenging as well, it’s just her longer legs carried long strides now and covers more distance.

‘Since we both gonna buy our own cloths why don’t we just split so we can save up half the time and meet back here?’ I suggested. She agreed and it was good because I actually wanted to have more freedom to experience the newly made difference in a public area with this many people. Would surely be an interesting sight.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Mostly a filler chapter. Hopefully we can get some real action on the next one.