- Text Size +

AT THE CROSSRAODS
by
diatonic

It was a cool autumn day in the Canadian city of Toronto. The leaves were falling creating a blanket of maple, oak, and several other types of leaves over the city. The teenagers at St. Dorothy's Collegiate were getting prepared for Hallowe'en. Their last night of fun for a long while. Until the Christmas break, which would mean a rowdy teenage house-party every night except for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, itself.

David, John, Desmond, and Steven were just your typical nice guys. All in grade 11, except for Desmond, who was in 12, achieved average marks and were very courteous and polite. They were not honour roll students, but they were definitely intelligent. They just didn't use their full potential. They were extremely well liked and got along with everyone. Even the gang members enjoyed the company of them. There was something about them that one would just like. They were a group that you would love to like. Suprisingly, although they were well liked, they were not really popular. They were a quiet group, not really craving attention. They were not insecure, but they were not pompous. They were confident with who they were. They didn't need the popular ones to accept them. They just stuck to themselves. They were a great group of guys. Friendly, inelligent, the works.

The boys didn't have girlfriends, nor were they looking. As David had said it, when he was asked by Lisa, a stunning girl with brown hair, brown eyes, and quite athletic with a magnificent figure, 'I just don't think that I'm ready to deal with such a big responsibility'. Most of the guys agreed with him, so he spoke for all of them. Lisa was shocked by his answer, since she was one of the prettier girls in the school, but also seemed understanding, although she really was confused. She respected that.

The boys have pretty rough lives. It is amazing that they can actually stay so calm and content with all that has happened to them. They are not well off at all. If it was not for the school uniforms, they would have been embarassed to come to school in their clothes. On optional dress day, they still wear their uniform for two reasons' 1) Their own clothes, and 2) They cannot spare the $2.00 charge. Their parents can barely afford to keep their two room apartments in the inner city. If the boys didn't have such strong morals and ethics, they would have surrenderd to drugs sooner or later.

Sometimes life takes a surprising turn. It throws a curveball at you. You might say it's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. (I don't mean to interrupt my own story, but you should have known I was going to use that last line! *lol*) These boys lives were about to change drastically. For the better, or for the good. It depends on which way you look at it. I know which way I would.


'So David, got any plans for hallowe'en?' Asked John.
'Nah, I'll probably just stay home and watch some scary movies. What can you do anymore?'
'Yeah, that's true.' Replied John.
'Are you doin' anything John?' Asked David.
'Nope. I don't think Des and Steve are doing anything either.'
'Call them up and ask them. Maybe we could do something.'
'That's a great idea. Mind if I use your phone?'
David just stared at John with a blank look on his face.
'What kind of question is that?! What do you wan't me to say? NO?!' Said David, laughing.
With a smile on his face, John responded. 'Sometimes I could be such a fool.'
'You got that right!'
They had both had a good laugh. John wen't into the other room to call up Desmond and Steven.
**
David enjoyed a cola while John was speaking with them. He had them on three-way.
Half an hour later, John came back into the living room.
'What's the news?' Asked David.
'Well, they're free, except for Steve.'
'That's good, but what's the problem with steve?'
'He already made plans with Matthew.'
'His cousin Matthew?!' Said David, excited.
'Yeah, that's right.' John said, nodding his head.
'That's great!! I love Matthew. He's such a nice guy!'
'Yeah me too. I've only met him twice, but he seemed really nice.'
'Oh he's a great guy. He's fun. Do you wanna do something with them?'
'Sure. I have no problem. I think Des would be in it too.'
'Okay, just give them a call and see if Des is interested and if it's okay with Steve if we join them.'
'I just got off the damn phone! Can't you do it?!' Said John, frustrated.
'Fine. I didn't realize that phoning two of your best friends was such a chore.' Replied David, grinning.
John gave him a friendly shove, and went into the kitchen to get himself some water.
**
John was sitting on the couch with his glass of water while David was on the phone.
A minute later David walked back in.
'Well?' Asked John.
'Yeah,everything is cool.'
'Great!'
'Except for one thing.'
'What's that?' Said John, curiously.
'Matt and Steve said that we should make the plans, and then they would join us, instead of us joining them'
'Oh, that's cool. We should do something that Matt likes.'
'Yeah. Any ideas?'
'Trick or treating?' Said John laughing.
'Well so far it looks like that is the front runner!' He replied laughing.
'You know what? We'll decide tomorrow, on hallowe'en, when we're all together.'
'Yeah, that's a good idea.'
'Okay. It'll be a spur of the moment kind of thing.'
'Cool.'
'Dave, when are your parent's coming back from the States?'
'I'm not sure. We could have really used that money, but my grandmother was sick, so we had no choice. It should be a month or so.'
'I'm sorry to hear that.'
'No prob. My dad's going to get a promotion so we may be able to get out of this financialmess.'
'That's good. Things are picking up for us too. It's a shame that Desmond is having all these problems.'
'Tell me about it. I'm sure everything will work out though.'
'Let's hope.'
'I hear his father just landed a pretty big deal with these contractors.'
'That's great. Steve is doing excellent now. They actually bought a new car.'
'WOW! I'm so glad.'
'Well, I shouldbe on my way.' Said John, looking at his watch.
'Okay. I'll see you tomorrow. Be here at around 3:00p.m.'
'No problem. Take care'
'You too. Bye!' Replied David.
David closed the door and popped in a scary movie. He sat on the couch and drank the rest of his cola.
He was really looking forward to tomorrow.

David fell asleep on the couch. The tape ended some time ago, and the screen was all fuzzy. He was awoken to the sound of the telephone. He stumbled to the telephone rubbing his eyes.
'Hello?' David asked groggily.
'Hi David! Did I wake you?'
'Uh,no Dad. I was getting up anyway. How are you?'
'I'm okay. Your mom says hello. How are you?'
'I'm pretty good, thanks. Tell mom I say hi. How's grandma?'
'That's good to hear. Your grandma is doing great! The doctor says that she'll be healthy soon!'
'Thats great! Are guys coming home sooner than expected now?'
'Well, actually we're just going to stay the full month. Grandma would need a bit of help getting back on track.'
'No problem Dad.'
'So are you doing anything for hallowe'en? Maybe go trick or treating?' He said laughing.
'Well Dad, as funny as it sounds, that is actually one of our options.' He said chuckling.
'You really gotta get out more.'
'Well, what is a boy to do?' He said chuckling.
'Ah, touche! Take care David.'
'You too Dad. Say hi to mom.'
'I'll do that. Bye.'
'Bye Dad.'
David sat back down and waited for 3:00 to roll around when the gang would show up.
**
DING DONG!! Went the doorbell.
'Ah yes, right on time as usual.' David thought to himself as he made his way to the door.
'HAPPY HALLOWE'EN!!!' Shouted Matthew, Steven, John, and Desmond.
'Hi guys!' Replied David smiling.
They spent most of the time getting better acquainted with Matthew, and they were talking, laughing, and having a good time all around.
After a few hours, the guys decided that they shoud discuss what they are going to do for hallowe'en. It was getting dark, and they were still just talking.
'Okay guys. We better decide about what we're going to do.' Said John
'Yeah, that's right. Matthew was gracious enough to cancel his plans with Steve, so let's let him decide.'
'Thanks Des, but really, I'm fine with anything you guys wanna do. '
'Nonsense! You go ahead and choose something Matt!' Said David grinning.
'Well, if you insist...' There was a long pause.
'Well...?' Piped Steven.
'We could go trick or treating.'
The group burst out laughing, and shoving eachother playfully.
'I'm serious guys! I feel like taking a stroll, so why not earn some candy while doing it?'
'God, you really are serious! Well, I don't have a problem with it. Do any of you guys?' Asked Desmond, still laughing.
All of the boys had agreed to go. They all had to dress up though. They couldn't be that elaborate with their costumes, so they just used what they had around David's house.
David got dressed up as a teacher, Desmond went as a vampire, Steven went as Ron Popeil, Matthew went as a ghost, and John went as a politician.
All of them knew that a group of 16-year olds going trick or treating was silly, but they thought it would have been funny.
Despite some of the strange looks they were getting from the people since there weren't that many groups of kids with Ron Popeil in them, the pickings were actually very good. People were very generous this year.
As they were heading home Matthew pointed out a house to everyone.
'Hey guys! Look at that! I think there's a party going on inside there.'
Everyone but Matthew felt like slapping themselves on the face.
'God! That's Jessica's house! She was throwing a hallowe'en party! I can't believe I forgot!' Said Desmond.
Everyone agreed, except Matthew, who was very curious.
'Who is Jessica?'
'She's just an acquaintance from school. We don't know her that well, but everyone was invited.' Said John.
'Yeah, I hear her parents are out of town for a while, so she was able to throw this.' Added John.
'Cool. Why don't we go?' Said Matthew.
The boys all looked at eachother and agreed that it seemed to be the reasonable thing to do. They had left their candy bags outside, since they didn't wan't to be embarassed.
The music could be heard from outside the house, so the chances of their knocking being heard was very slim. They walked in to see a bunch of their acquaintances from school.
They spent the first little while together and introducing everyone to Matthew. The girls were very impressed with Matthew. So much, that he actually felt a little uncomfortable, since everyone was just staring at him. After spending a couple of hours together, they had decided to go off and mingle by themselves.
**
The party was still young. In fact, more people had come. It was getting late, but since it was hallowe'en, nobody cared. After a while, the group decided that it was time to show their wild side. They sent David to go get the stuff they needed to perform their stunt. It was all at his house.
About 20 minutes later, David showed up with a big trolley carrying 2 large cases, one medium case, and two smaller cases. Everyone was puzzled by this. They were told to stay upstairs while they were 'getting things ready'.
As the boys went down the stairs to set up, Jessica was coming with them. Desmond turned around to speak to her.
'What are you guys doin'?' Asked Jessica with a grin.
'Oh nothing. We're just going to give you and everyone else a big surprise. It's our way of saying thank you.' Said Desmond smiling.
'Oh. Okay.' She said, almost as if she knew what they were going to do.
'Just one last question though.'
'Shoot Jess.' Said Desmond
'What the hell are you supposed to be Steve?' She said laughing.
'I'm not Jay Kordich the Juiceman, not John the Rocket Chef guy or even the Ginsu Knife guy. Not the Oxi Clean guy or Orange Glo guy, but I am, and I know you all know me, I am dressed up as Ron Popeil.' Responded Steven in his best Popeil voice.
Everyone had a good laugh at this, and then they continued on their way.
Inside the 2 large cases there was a Korg i3 Keyboard and a Drum Set. In the medium size one there was a Bass Trombone, and in the two smaller ones there was an alto saxophone and trumpet. The guys thought that they would jazz up the party a bit with a bit of swing music since it was getting popular again. They weren't sure how it would go over with this crowd that was into rock and alternative, but they decided to spice it up a bit.
Once they were ready, they told Jessica that she could open up the door.
The time flew by fast. They were quite surprised that a number of people showed up. They finished with 'Jump, Jive, and Wail'
**
'Holy @#%$!! Look at the time!' Said David. It was 4:00 a.m.
'Wow! Time flies!!' Said John.
The guys got their instruments packed and were extremely tired.
'Boy, you guys look really tired!' Said Jessica
'We are' Chuckled Matthew.
'Why don't you guys spend the night here? I have a few other friends that are staying.'
'Thanks Jess, but we only live 20 minutes away. We'll just get our coats. Thanks for the offer though'
'No prob. If you change your mind just tell me. The coats are in my room.'
'Thanks Jess. Say...would it be alright if we left our instruments here for the night and then pick them up tomorrow?' said Steven.
'Sure. Just get home safely!' She said smiling.
'Thanks.' He returned the smile.
**
The guys walked up the stairs and still saw a lot of Jessica's friends around. They were all staying for the night. They were either too tired or hammered really badly. They walked in to her room and put on their coats.
'Hey John, CATCH!' David threw John's coat.
'Well, looks like we're all set.' Said Steven.
'Yup' Areed David.
When they were just about to leave, John spotted something in the sky.
'Hey guys! Get a load of this!!'
'What the hell is that?!! Screamed Desmond
'HOLY @#%$!!!' Shouted David.
There was a bright flash of light, and everything went dark. The boys were unconscience.

'Oh god! My head!! It's killing me!!' Moaned Matthew as he awoke. It had subsided as he had gotten up. He looked around. Things seemed different. He was really stiff. He knew that he wasn't in David's house or Steve's house. He thought he must have fallen asleep on the way and they just carried him to Desmond's house or even John's. He wanted answers, so he decided to wake everyone up. He had a difficult time since they were knocked out, but as far as he knew it, they were sleeping.
Finally, when they got up, they were all moaning about their headache for a short time, but then it got silent. Everyone was as confused as Matthew was.
'Does anyone know where we are?' Asked Matthew.
'We're not at my place.' Said David, and the others said that it wasn't their place either.
'Where in the hell could we be then?! We weren't drunk...we were sober all night!' Said Desmond.
'That's true!' Agreed David.
'Does anyone remember anything from last night?' Asked Steven.
'I remember we were getting our coats and getting ready to leave when I saw--a--a flash.' Said John. His jaw dropped and he moved back and covered his mouth as if he just encountered his worst nightmare.
'What's wrong John?' Asked Matthew.
'John? John? JOHN?!!' Shouted David.
'JOHN!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG?!!!' He said again, shaking him violently.
John pointed and said slowly 'Look behind you', and then he fainted.
The guys turned around and were then stunned. They saw a dresser. A dresser that towered over them. It wasn't until that moment that they actually took in their surroundings. They were waist deep in carpeting, a bed, towering majestically over them, a gigant television and radio. Doors of unimaginable proportion. It had sunk in to them. As much as they didn't want to believe it, it was true. They were themselves, but they were half an inch tall.
Once John had awoken they had decided to discuss and try to piece together the events of the previous day. All of them were in tears except for David who was unable to cry. He had to close the car door on his foot at his uncle's funeral just to make a decent showing. He was however very distressed. He was pulling his hair back in frustration.
'So let's get this straight' Said Desmond.
'We were getting ready to leave when you saw something in the sky, right John?'
'Yeah' He said, sobbing.
'What was it that you saw exactly?'
'It-it-was like this neon blue blur. It was moving very fast, then a flash of light, and then, well, here we are'
'Did everyone else see the white flash?'
Everyone had agreed.
At that moment, David had erupted.
'How the hell can you act so calm?!! We're the size of a bloody ant!!!!'
They all just stared blankly at him.
'I'm sorry guys. I just want to come out of this alive. I cant believe that this is happening.' David said.
'Don't worry. We'll get out of this okay.'
They had gone back to discussing the events.
'So, I guess that means that we have been shrunk, and are in Jess' bedroom at the moment.' Concluded Desmond.
Everyone nodded and then lowered their heads to think. It remained silent for one hour before Matthew decided to break it.
'Does anyone have the time?'
They all looked at their watch and gave their respective answer.
David:'It's dead'
John:'Dead too.'
Steven:'Mine is also dead'
Desmond:'I have 4:02, but it's dead'
They all had a good chuckle. The first they had amidst all of the crying.
'It seems that that the flash must have affected the watches!' Said Matthew.
'Brilliant deduction Einstein.' Said Steven.
Matthew continued on
'Now if Des' watch says 4:02, that must be the time that the flash occured...check the time on the alarm clock'
John got up and moved back and back and back until the numbers came into view. He looked perplexed.
'It says 5:32 a.m.'
'5:32 a.m.?' Repeated David.
'That's right.'
'That means that we were only knocked out for half an hour!' Said David.
Everyone agreed that it seemed so much longer.
It was agreed that the boys had to start thinking of a way to get rescued.
**
'So let's go through this once more Steve. It has to be done perfectly if we're gonna be rescued.' Said John.
'Okay. Listen. In 1 and a half hours, Jessica will come in here to get ready for school. What we do is try to be as visible and audible as possible! Once she notices us, we're on our way to the hospital to be returned to normal size!'
'I'm down' said David.
'Ditto' Said Desmond.
'Count me in' said Matthew
'I suppose I'll be in' said John, hesitantly.
'This better work Steve!' Said John.
'Don't worry! I'm getting a 94% in Physics!'
'You didn't tell me that!'
'Well now you know!' He said with a grin.
**
The boys spent their time practicing and relaxing. Then the floor began to shake. It began to shake violently, and it wasn't only Jessica's voice that was heard.
The boys could feel the ground shake. It was getting increasingly difficult to even stand up. The boys had heard more than one voice. They knew that one was Jessica's, but there was another that they were unsure of. They had decided to hide out under the dresser until they knew that it would be okay to come out and make themselves seen. They had agreed that it was dangerous enough with only Jessica walking around, and they didn't need anymore people.
'Listen guys! This has to be done perfectly! You don't want to spend the rest of your life the size of an insect!' Said Steven.
'We'll wait for her to come in alone, and then do it!'
The boys were very focused on the task at hand. They knew that this had do be done flawlessly. It was risky, but they had to do it. Just then, the voices became louder and the floor was shaking more and more violently.
**
'Jess, I'm going to use the bathroom, kay?' Said Lisa.
'Yeah, go ahead. I'll be in my room getting ready.'
Jessica had started to open the door. The boys were getting into position as they saw the knob turn. They were moving up closer to the front of the dresser to save time. Just then the door opened. They could feel the breeze from the swift opening of the door. The dust that was on the carpet underneath the dresser where the boys were even stirred up a bit. It had blinded them for a moment, and when they were focused again, they saw Jessica. She was moving towards the dresser.
Each step shook the ground more and more. With one last step before she reached the dresser, the boys fell over with the impact.
'HOLY @#%$!!!' Yelled Matthew at the top of his lungs.
'WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!!' Shouted John.
The others were just screaming, except for Steven who's mouth was full of dust.
**
The shaking had stopped. The boys were taking time to get focused again. They had their backs turned from the front of the dresser. They were all out of breath. Jessica was standing at the dresser fixing her hair. The boys had agreed that it was time to go on with the plan. When they turned around, they were stunned. It wasn't until now that they had actually seen Jessica at this size. They were stunned. Everybody just stood still and stared at her. They were captivated by this girl, who less than four hours ago, had been talking to them face to face, and now they weren't even able to look over her toes. They were frightened, but amazed at the same time. They couldn't turn away.
It was dead silence amongst the boys. They only noise was their breathing and Jessica humming a tune. They thought it was Jump, Jive, and Wail, but they were unsure. David broke the silence.
'I can't believe this is happening. I can't believe that we're hiding under a dresser in Jess' room.'
'Shhh David. We're going to come out of hiding in a minute'. Said Steven.
'How the hell do you expect this to work?! She took one step and we all fell down!!' Shouted John.
'Don't worry!! We know what we're doing!! You just do what we planned, and everything will work out okay!!'
Steven began to count down before they were about to leave.
'10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...GO!!!!!'
The boys ran out and were already having difficulties. The carpeting was making it very difficult to run and it slowed them down dramatically. Everyone was screaming at the top of their lungs and waving their arms in the air. John had decided to take a different approach. He ran as fast as he could up to her little toe and began to punch it with all his might. She didn't even flinch. He then tried biting as hard as he could. That didn't work either. The skin was too tough. John continued punching and kicking and biting. All of a sudden Jessica started to move. She moved her leg quite fast and John had lost his grip and went flying into the leg of the dresser. He was injured, but he made it under the dresser safely. He just needed time to relax.
The others lost concentration when they saw what happened to John. They all ran as fast as they could to him. Jessica had no idea that they were even there. She continued to walk. They had all fallen down. She continued stomping around. She was headed straight for Desmond. He tried to get up as fast as he could, but his leg was caught in the carpet fibre. Everyone watched in horror. Her foot came crashing down. Everyone looked at eachother. John had even crawled out from under the dresser. They heard Desmond's bone chilling screams, but then it went silent. Jessica was on the other side of the room. The boys weren't worried about being found, they were worried about themselves now, and Desmond. They made their way to where he was, except for John who had to save his energy. There he was, lying...but he was alive! He was out of breath and crying, but he was alive.
'Holy s--- Des!! You're alive!!' Said Matthew.
'She missed me by only one centimeter.' He said with a smile while gasping for breath.
The boys quickly loosened Desmond and brought him back under the dresser. They put him beside John so they could both heal together.
The boys had to plan another strategy, and it would definitely not be happening within the next few hours.
Jessica was sitting on her bed getting ready when all of a sudden the door had opened again. It was Lisa. The boys quickly got down on the ground that way they would not fall due to Lisa's walking.
**
'Hi Lisa!' Said Jessica perkily.
'Hey. Thanks for letting me use the bathroom'
'No problem.'
'What was the deal with David and his friends putting on that show?'
'They just wanted to do something nice. I kinda liked it.'
'Whatever. There is something about instruments that collect your spit that are so unnapealing!' She said, chuckling.
'How about that guy, Steven's cousin. I think his name was Matthew. Boy. Was he solid!'
'Oh yeah! Definitely!'
Underneath the dresser all of the boys turned their head to look at Matthew who was blushing and smiling.
'You're quite the cassanova aren't you?' Laughed John, while holding his back.
'Well, the ladies know what they want! Matt by the barrel full!' He cackled.
'Matthew may be hot but I really like David. I asked him out once.' Said Lisa.
'David's okay, I guess. You didn't tell me you asked him though!'
While admiring the girls, the boys were all having a good laugh. As Steven had put it 'It's like a diary on tape.'.
'Yeah, I asked him out once.' Replied Lisa.
'Well?'
'He said that he wasn't ready for such a responsiblilty.'
'OUCH!' She laughed.
'I know. He thinks I'm a responsibility!'
'Well, you know, David's a nice guy. All of them are. They are probably just shy.'
'Even so! Don't you think that even if I was a responsibility he should be happy to have me!'
'God Lisa! You're so like, full of yourself! Besides, everyone knows that they all wan't me!' She said laughing.
'Very funny.' She said smiling.
Meanwhile the boys were laughing uncontrollably. Even John who could barely laugh because it hurt so much was laughing.
After a little while the subject about the boys had changed. It was a good thing too becuase everyone was gasping for air.
**
'It doesn't look like I'm going to school today. People are still lying on the couch!' Said Jessica.
'I'll stay home today too. Wanna do something?'
'I would but I have to wait for the guys to come by and pick up their stuff.'
'Come on! Who cares?! Let them wait! How often do we skip school? Plus, they're probably already at school!'
'Yeah, you're right. Let me just get out of my uniform and get dressed.'
'Now you're talkin'!'
Lisa had left the room and closed the door behind her. Jessica was going to get undressed.
'Oh yeah!! This is going to be quite the show!!' Shouted Matthew.
'Oh no it isn't!! We're going to turn around like gentlemen!' Scolded his cousin, Steven.
'If you weren't my cousin...'
'Well I am!' He interrupted.
The other boys had watched as Jessica had undressed. Steven was telling them off while his back was turned, and Matthew was telling Steven off.
Jessica walked to the dresser and started removing her skirt, shirt, stockings, and vest. She dropped it right in front of the dresser. The boys started to groan and mumble, while Steven had laughed. They decided to move to the other side, but it was to dark to see anything. Then they moved to the other side, where there was a bit of light, and the show had gone on.
Jessica was walking around practically naked. All she had on was her bra and panties. The boys had felt a bit guilty, but then they just turned to see John holding his back, and Desmond still poisoned with fear, and it went away. She stayed like this for a couple minutes longer before she got dressed.
She put on a pair of jeans and a sweater with sneakers.
**
'Can I come in Jess?' Asked Lisa.
'Sure.'
'Are you ready?'
'Yeah. Wanna go to the mall?'
'Kay. I was going to suggest that.' She laughed.
'Lets go then!'
They had walked out, and the boys were alone once again.
**
'Well, you've really done it to us this time Steve!!' Shouted David.
'I'm sorry guys. I really am.'
'I thought you were getting 94% in Physics!!'
'I am, but unfortunately grade 11 physics doensn't cover the laws that deal with being 1/2 an inch tall!!' He shouted back!!
'Don't you raise your voice with me!! You nearly killed John and Des!!'
'I said I was sorry!!'
'Sorry doesn't cut the mustard!!!'
'Will you too calm down?! John and I are fine!' Said Desmond.
They had both apologized.
'Now we have to devise a new plan and wait a long while too!' Said David.
'I have a plan that can't fail!' Said Steven.
All the boys turned to him and dismissed his statement.
'This is what we're going to do...' Said Desmond.
'We're going to wait until she comes home, and do the same thing only organized!! That means no biting toes!! I'm looking at you John!!'
John nodded, even though he was never a fan of this plan.
'Now let's start to get you up and running again John.' Desmond said.
The boys had spent the time getting back into the groove and getting ready to be noticed. They had decided to go under her bed, and to avoid the dresser because it didn't work that well the first time. They all walked out together. John was a lot better, and was able to participate.
**

 

They heard footsteps again. They knew that this had to be the time they succeded. If they didn't, they wouldn't know what to do at this size. The door had opened. It was off to a good start because there was no gust of wind blowing dust into their eyes. They were lying down that way her footsteps would not knock them over. They were well prepared. She entered, and was alone. The boys were glad. It made their job a lot easier. They knew that they could not be captivated by her again. They had to time it just so. Before she approached the bed, she untied her sneakers. She had walked towards the bed with her shoes untied and sat down. The boys were ready to advance.
The boys came out from under the bed in a veritable frenzy. They were screaming and waving their arms but Jessica wasn't looking. She was reading a magazine. She kicked off one shoe and let it fall to the ground narrowly missing David. The impact had knocked them down, but they continued their efforts while lying down. As they got up, the other shoe came crashing down narrowly missing Matthew this time. Their plan was not working. She couldn't see them because she was reading, and she definitely couldn't hear them.
As the boys started collecting themselves, Jessica put the magazine down. She was taking off her socks. She was reading the magazine as she took off her socks.
Disaster struck.
Jessica had let the sock fall to the ground directly on top of all of the boys but John. She did the same with the other sock too. The boys were alive and well, but trapped under the moist, white sock. The stench was turning their stomachs. John was shocked. He couldn't believe what just happened. He knew that they were okay, so he continued to try and be rescued.
Under the sock, the boys were complaining and cursing. They could hear John screaming for help, and they were very happy that he was doing that, but at the moment all they could do was think about how to get out from under the sock. The sweat from Jessica's feet was creating an awfull stench. It had moistend the sock quite a bit and it was very difficult to lift. The boys tried to be optimistic. If they didn't get noticed now, they would have to be when she cleaned her room. They tried to be as hopefull that it would be now as possible. They could hear John screaming from under the sock still, but then that changed. John was still screaming, but they were screams of terror.
Jessica was going to bring her feet down from off her bed. They were positioned directly in front of John. She was going to clean between her toes. John was immobilized. He froze with fear. Her foot slowly descended upon him.
Beneath Jessica's sock the rest of the boys were freaking out. They didn't know what was going on. Their eyes were burning from the stench and the sweat. They could hear his screams growing more and more intense.
Jessica put her foot down. John had stopped screaming. It was a miracle. John was alive. He looked around and found that he was between two of Jessica's toes. He got up. Jessica wasn't looking directly at her feet. The smell was overwhelmingly powerfull. John couldn't believe that he was alive. He couldn't believe that he was between Jessica's toes either.
Meanwhile, under the sock, the boys remained quiet. They thought John was dead. They couldn't hear him scream, the didn't hear anything. They tried with all their might to push the sock off, but they couldn't. They would have to wait.
Jessica was going to clean between her toes. She bent down and looked at her feet, and brought her face closer to her left foot. She was going to clean between her toes. She looked confused. Moving in closer, she pulled her chin-length blonde hair behind her ears the words 'Oh my god' escaped her mouth.
The boys, under the socks, just tried to look at eachother, even though it was difficult.

John was lying between her first and second toe. He couldn't believe that he was alive. He was in shock, and didn't move nor speak. He saw Jessica's enormous face looming above him.
'Oh...my...god' Was all that Jessica could say at the moment. She was looking at this living being between her toes. She was as shocked as John was. Jessica just stared at the creature that was lying between her toes. She had no idea that it was john. John was just looking up at her not saying anything.
Under the socks, the rest of the boys had heard this. They didn't know why she said it. David and Matthew thought for sure that she didn't notice John and she was just surprised by something in her magazine. Steven and Desmond thought that she had discovered John as a bloody pulp on the bottom of her foot. Both thought that John was dead.
After what seemed like an eternity, John finally came out of shock. He moved his right arm and his head. Then he focused on Jessica's face and looked up at her, frightened. Jessica had seen John's movements. She was studying him.
'HOLY @#%$!! What are you?!' She asked confused. Her voice was deafening.
'Jessica?!' Said John.
She was unable to hear him. She could see that he was trying to speak though. The boys had heard John speak and erupted into a chorus of yippees and yahoos.
'What are you saying?! I can't hear you!' Shouted Jessica.
'Jessica!! Thank god you noticed me!!' John shouted as loud as he could.
'I don't know what or who you are, but I can't hear you!' Jessica whined. John had continued to shout at her, but she didn't hear. Jessica had to pick up John to hear him. John stood up, and tried to scream once more, but she didn't hear.
The boys under Jessica's socks knew that she was going to pick him. Despite being trapped under her socks, the boys had a good laugh at this knowing how John is when he's in awkward situations. They were very optimistic.
She lifted her foot and brought it away from John. John looked around and wondered what was going on. Jessica bent down and with her thumb and index finger, picked up John by his jacket.
'WHAT THE HELL?!!' Shouted John. He could hear the boys under the sock laughing. They were still trying to get out from under it.
Jessica had John dangling from her fingers. She was holding him by his jacket. She brought him up to her face. Eye level to be exact. John was terrified. He looked down and thought about how awfull it would be to fall. He was terrified of heights. He was kicking air. He looked up to see that he was paralell with Jessica's eyes. He immediately stopped and looked at her. She looked confused.
'What the hell are you?!' Asked Jessica. John had tried to answer but she was bringing him on her dresser. She put her arm down still holding John by the jacket and casually walked to her dresser. She put John on top and then went to lye down on her bed. She brought her face right up to where John was. He wasn't paying attention. He was strolling around looking at all of the stuff she had on it. He only saw it from down on the ground. He looked at the alarm clock radio, the puppets, the magazines, the pens. He was amazed. Everything was so big. He felt so insignificant.
'Hey! Come here!' Jessica said giggling.
John was startled, and jumped out of his skin. He turned to Jessica only to see her with a smile on her face giggling. He didn't like that, but he knew that she was still getting used to the fact that there was a 1/2 inch person in her room. Jessica was always the giddy and hyper type, so he understood, although they didn't know eachother that well. John had walked up to Jessica's face. He could tell that she was as nervous as he was, even though she tried to be herself.
'You never answered my question! What the hell are you and why were you between my toes?!'
'Jessica! I'm so glad that you found me! I've been trying all day!'
John's voice was barely audible. Jessica told him to speak up. John repeated his message.
'What?? What do you mean? What are you?!' Said Jessica confused.
'I'm John! You know me! I'm from St. Dorothy's! I was at your party last night!'
'JOHN?! John? JOHN, DAVID'S FRIEND?!' She said excitedly.
'Yeah that's right!'
'Holy @#%$! What happened to you?!!' She said giggling.
'We don't know! All that we remeber is getting ready to leave...'
Jessica interrupted.
'We? Who's we?' She said puzzled.
'Desmond, Steven, David, and Matthew. Who else?'
'They're all here? Even Matthew?!'
'That's right. We were trying to get you to notice us all day!'
'Well sorry! You know I don't expect to have little people trying to get my attention!' She said.
'As long as I got your attention now.'
'Where in the world are the others?! How come I don't see them?'
'The others? Ummm...'
'Yes the others!'
John looked worried. He knew that they were okay when the socks fell on them, but it had been a little while since it fell. He thought they might have suffocated. John turned around, and pointed to the pile of socks.
'There' John said.
'Under my socks?!' Jessica said with a look of concern.
'That's right.'
'Holy @#%$!! I'll be back.'
**
The boys heard them talking. They were on their way to being rescued. They were proud of John. He put his life on the line just so that the others could be rescued. John's motto was all for one and one for all. They knew that once they were restored to their original height, they would never hear the end of it, but that was John for you.
They could hear Jessica aproaching. She stopped for a second and went back to John. He wasn't looking and she just picked him up again. He was startled and he could see that she was giggling. She put John down next to the socks. He moved away from the smell. She saw that, and didn't say anything, but laughed.
The boys could see a bit through the sock fibres, although not that well. They saw Jessica's feet but couldn't lift their heads to see the rest of her.
Jessica squatted down next to the sock. John was beside her. He was very worried. He didn't hear anything from under the sock. Jessica had removed the first sock. She looked at John was staring at the sock that was keeping his friends captive. Jessica slowly removed the second sock to reveal David, Steven, Desmond, and Matthew lying down, alive and well. John ran as fast as he could to his friends. He helped them up and they had all hugged eachother. They were so relieved that they were rescued.
'Well isn't this peachy' Jessica said with a smile.
All the boys looked up at her and waved. She waved back. The boys went back to conversing when Jessica interrupted.
'Gee guys, I hate to interrupt this little love-in, but I have questions and I wan't answers!' Everyone looked up and they all started talking at once.
'Hush down there! Save your breath! I can't even hear you! Let me bring you up to my dresser. I have to find something that I can carry you in first though. Hold on!'
Jessica stood up and walked away. The boys fell again as she was walking. She saw this and laughed.
'Thank god you guys are okay!!' Cried John.
'Thank goy you're okay John!!' David said.
'We thought you were dead John! What happened?!' Said Matthew.
'Oh...that. I'd rather forget about that. As I was trying to get her attention, her foot came down on top of me.'
'How the hell did you survive?!' All the boys were listening to John's story attentively.
'It was luck. I was between her toes. Her first and second I think.'
'Wow. We thought you were a gonner!' Said David.
'Well the good thing is I'm back. I thought you guys were dead! Trapped under her sock like that!'
'Nope, we were okay. The smell was disgusting though.' Laughed Desmond.
'Don't let her hear that!' Cackled Steven.
'Well, at least we'll be back to our old selves again. By tomorrow, it should all be over.' Said Steven.
'How about tests at the hospital?' Asked John.
'Okay, maybe by next week, but at least we won't stay like this forever!'
'Right-o good friend.' Replied David.
Jessica walked back into the room with a dust pan.
'Oh good. She's back' Said Desmond.
'Okay guys. Here you go. Hop in.' Jessica squatted down with the dust pan next to the boys and watched them all file in. She decided not to put them on her dresser this time. She thought it would be best to put them on her desk. She took a minute to move books, stationary, mugs, glasses, clothing, and bowls out of the way to make room. She placed the dust pan on her desk. As they were walking out Jessica just dumped them on her desk. They all fell on eachother, and she was laughing. After a minute of getting themselves back together, Matthew spoke up.
'Couldn't you wait another five seconds for us to get out?!'
Jessica smiled and shrugged her shoulders. 'Oh well. It doesn't bother me.'
'Now I have some questions. Tell me the entire story of why I found John between my toes and you guys beneath my socks and why I am looking at a bunch of 1/2 guys from school?'
All of the boys started speaking all at once again before Steven took a step forward to explain. Jessica rested her head on her hands as she brought her face closer to steven.
'I'm listening. You can start whenever you wan't' Said Jessica.
'Okay. It all started like this. We were getting our coats when John had saw a blue blur in the sky. We all looked at it, and then there was a flash. It knocked us out and when we woke up, we didn't know where we were, until John pointed out the gigantic dresser of yours. After a while of crying and complaining, we decided that something must be done. I had come up with a plan to get your attention. Unfortunately, it didn't work. It all wen't wrong right off the bat. As soon as you opened the door, dust kicked up around us and we were temporarily blinded. When we regained our vision, we were stunned by your size. We were under the dresser and couldn't believe it. After a while of just being in awe, we decided to go through with the plan. We were supposed to make ourselves as visible and audible as possible. It all wen't terribly wrong. We couldn't run as fast as we planned because of the carpeting. John had seen that we were getting nowhere so he decided to ambush your little toe.' Jessica interrupted with a laugh.
'Sorry, that's just so cute. Carry on...'
'Um yeah, so John was punching and biting your toe. You turned around and then he flew off injuring his back. He hit it against the leg of the dresser. Then, as you were walking away, the impact of your footfalls made us loose our balance. You were headed straight for Des. He couldn't get up becuase his leg was caught in the carpet fibre. You missed him by one centimeter. Then for a long while nothing happened. We just stayed under the dresser planning. When you had come home we were under your bed. When you sat down, we all came rushing out, but you were reading a magazine and didn't see us. You let your sneakers drop to the floor almost crushing Matthew and David!'
Steven had tears forming in his eyes. He couldn't continue on. Desmond volunteered to continue while the other comforted Steven.
'After you let your shoes fall, the impact had knocked us all down. Then you took off your socks and they fell directly on top of Dave, Steve, Matt and I. We were trapped there until you came and took your socks away. John can explain his part.' John walked before Jessicas enormous smiling face.
'Hello again' She said. John just put up his hand, acknowledging the hello.
'Yeah, so the weight of my friends was on my shoulders. I had to carry on. I saw your foot coming down on top of me, and I began to freak out. Thankfully I wound up between your toes. I've never had such luck. And now here we are.'
'That's quite the story. So you guys were like, almost killed by me?' John, Matthew, Desmond and David all shook their head, since they were the only ones in real danger.
'Cool'. She said with a smile on her face. The boys didn't know how to react to that answer, so they thought they would just smile back, not sure of what she meant.
**
'Well Jess, now that you know the whole story, I guess you'll be taking us to the hospital!' David said while rubbing his hands together, excitedly.
Jessica was grinning from ear to ear. 'Well, I wouldn't say that! It's not every day that a girl finds five 1/2 inch tall guys from school in her room y'know!!' She let out a laugh. The boys just turned to look at eachother. They didn't know what the hell was going on.

'Um, Jess, what did you mean by those words?' Asked Steven, with tears still in his eyes.
'What words? That I'm not taking you to the hospital?'
'Those were the ones.' Said Daivd.
'It means that I'm not taking you to the hospital. What else can they mean?' Jessica said this, knowing that she was making them feel uncomfortable.
'You're joking right, Jess?'
'Nope.' Jessica said with a huge grin on her face. 'I think we'll have a great time together!'
'Jessica, you can't be serious! Nobody keeps 1/2 inch tall people in their bedroom!!' Said Matthew.
'Cool! I'll be the first! You guys are just so adorable at that size!'
'We have families Jess!! We need to be with them!! They'll think we've gone missing!' Added John.
'Well you are missing!! You're in my room!! They'll have to get along with out you and you without them!'
'What the hell do you think you're doing Jess?!! Why are you doing this?!!'
A smug grin appeared on Jessica's face. 'Because I can.'
'Jessica, you're not going to keep the five of us in your room. You can't! I may not know you that well, but I know that you couldn't be that cruel!' Said Desmond, trying to be reasonable.
'Oh yeah? The hell I can't! Watch me. And as far as being cruel, don't knock it until you've tried it.' The boys were becoming very worried. Steven and Matthew were both in tears. They were thinking about their family, since they were cousins.
'Jessica, what pleasure will you get out of having five angry boys with you? We won't be that pleasant. What would we do for you?!'
Jessica shrugged her shoulders. 'I don't know. Stuff. I bet there are a million things you can do for me!'
'But Jess...'
'But nothing Des. Get used to it. Suck it up! You can't do anything about it!' Jessica spoke with a smile.
'Jess you have to understand...'
Jessica interupted.
'Hold that thought Des. I got stuff to do.'
'Listen you! We wan't to be taken to the hospital!!' Shouted John, angrily.
'You're not very bright are you John? Why would someone say something like that to me, especially when you're in the position you're in, and I'm in the position I'm in?!' All the boys were getting very frustrated. Jessica continued to laugh at them. After a little while longer Jessica got fed up with all the arguing.
'Listen you guys! It's not going to change! That's it. You have no say whatsoever! Your opinions don't matter. Now listen and listen well! I have stuff to do and I have to go out. You better get used to staying without family because you're not going to see anymore!! Now I have to go out! I have to find a place to keep you little guys because I know you'll want to get out of here now!'
Jessica looked around her room for something to keep them in. She couldn't find anything. She had to leave her room to look, so while she was gone, she just put them in a cereal bowl.
'Don't try any funny stuff while I'm gone, otherwise you'd wish you were dead.' She said. She chuckled once she was out of the room.
**
The boys sat in the cereal bowl looking at eachother and occasionally the curved walls of the bowl, looking for a way out.
'What the hell is going on?' Said Matthew, crying.
Steven moved closer to him and put his arm on his shoulder. 'Don't worry Matt. I don't think she's serious. She always jokes around.'
'But why would she joke about something like this? Can't she see that we're terrified?!'
Steven just looked at the rest of the guys for an answer, but none of them spoke.
'I thought you all said that Jessica was a nice person?' Said Matthew, wiping the tears from his eyes.
John stood up and looked at Matthew. 'Who the hell said that?!! Tell me!! TELL ME!!' He was shouting.
'JOHN!! Stop that!!' Shouted Desmond. John payed no attention and continued.
'NONE OF SAID THAT!! I'D ME DAMNED IF I SAID SOMETHING LIKE THAT ABOUT HER!!!' John was about to attack Matthew, when David, Desmond and Steven intervened.
'What the hell has gotten into you John?! We're in a crisis here!!' Shouted David. John just looked at him and covered his face. You could hear him crying.
'What are we going to do man?! WHAT?!!' John said while gasping for air.
'We'll wait to see how serious she is. If it's not a joke, then we're in deep s--- and have to find a way out of this hell-hole.' Said Desmond.
'A way out?! Dammit Des, we're in a cereal bowl!! Think of what she could do if she tried to keep us here!!' Said Steven.
'Our only hope would be human error.'
'What about our human error Des?! What if we make a mistake!?!!'
'Don't worry. I'm sure she's joking and everything will be okay.'
'Yeah, right.' Said John under his breath.
After a couple of minutes, Jessica came back with the contraption she could keep them in.
**
'@#%$. Here she is.' Said David.
Jessica walked in with her hands behind her back hiding the contraption.
'I'm glad to see that none of you escaped.' She said grinning.
The boys just looked at her. She saw Steven, Matthew and John crying.
'Awwww. Did I make you cry?' She said taunting them.
'Geeze, all I did was speak! Imagine if when, er, if I ever do something mean!' She said laughing.
John and David were becoming more and more enraged, but for the safety of the group, they just kept silent and tried to stay calm. This was very difficult because they had the worst tempers.
'Well, I don't mean to stop the crying fest, but I found a pretty good thing to keep you in. It's not that good, but it should do for the next little while.' She said laughing. Matthew misunderstood her.
'You're letting us go in a little while?!!' He said with a smile on his face and a gleam of hope in his eyes.
Jessica looked at Matthew and just laughed. 'Yeah, you keep on dreaming. You may be cute, but why would I let you go?' Matthew was silent and his eyes started to water up again. Desmond spoke up.
'It's one thing to keep us against our will, but to taunt us and laugh at us is another thing, and we won't stand for it!!!'
Jessica smiled. 'Oh Des, I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!! Don't hurt me!!' She said sarcastically. He tried to scale the walls of the bowl but kept sliding.
'What can you do to me? I almost killed you and John by walking and almost killed David and Matt by taking off my shoes! You can't do anything!' She laughed at them.
'You'll get yours you mother f---er!!' Shouted John.
'Sure I will John. Sure I will.' She giggled.
'When our parents start sending out the search parties and they will, you'll be sorry! They know that we were here last night! You'll be questioned and your house will be searched for us!!' Shouted David.
'Yeah, that'll be the day. Do you think that the police will be looking for a group of 1/2 guys in my room?! C'mon people! I thought you guys were supposed to be like, smart!!'
'Jess...' Started Steven.
'Y'know what? I don't want to hear it. I've got a long list of stuff to do, and arguing with you guys isn't on the list!!' Jessica picked up the cereal bowl and brought it from her desk to the ground. She took out a square made of legos. It was about three inches up. She put it on the ground over a pice of cardboard and put the cereal bowl in the center.
'Get out of the bowl' She said. She laughed at their feeble attempts to escape one prison and enter another.
'Oh, sorry guys! I forgot how you can't get out of that bowl!' She giggled then dumped them all out on top of eachother. They quickly got organized.
'Ooops. I gotta learn not to do that.' She took the bowl out and stood up to her full height.
'If I see any of you gone, or any part of this structure tampered with when I get back, there will be hell to pay!!' She blew them a kiss and walked out of the room closing the door, laughing.
'This is going to be fun...suckers.' She thought to herself while she walked out of the house.

John was leaning against the lego square while Desmond was standing and the others were sitting down. Steven, John and Matthew had stopped crying. They were glad that she left and that they were alone. They needed to think and think fast.
'What are we gonna Des? WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!' Shouted Steven.
'Don't worry Steve. We'll think of something. For all we know she's probably kidding around still.'
'She's not kidding Des! I know Jess the best out of all of us, and I know when she's kidding! She would never go this far!' Said David.
'Okay then, David. Let's say hypothetically that she isn't kidding. We're five intelligent guys, we can get ourselves out of a jam, either with our wit and charm or our intelligence. It's that simple.'
'I don't know what kind of dream world you're living in Des! You're in denial and forcing it upon us!! Look at your surroundings!! Were in a god-damned square and we can't get out!!'
'So you're telling me that there's no chance at all? I've never seen someone give up so easily!'
'Give up easily?!! I'm being logical!! How do you expect to get out of here with wit and charm when John is telling off someone that's 1000 times his size?! How do you expect to get out of here when we couldn't even get out of a bowl?!!'
'We're not screwed you Dave. Not yet!' He just turned and sat down. David felt bad. He wanted to get out of here as much as Desmond. He just couldn't believe his theories. He tried to, but as much as he wanted to, he couldn't. John had tried to make a joke.
'Well look on the bright side. At least there's ample room!'
'John, this isn't Vaudville. We're trying to think.' Said Matthew. The boys sat around. They tried to start up a converstaion many times, but they were all to worried to continue it, so it only lasted a couple of minutes. They were becoming very frustrated. They couldn't see anything. They could only stare straigt up since the walls were so high. They didn't know what to do.
'I don't know how she could do this.' Said Steven bluntly.
'I don't know Steve, that's a silly question.' Said John.
'Why would she do this to us? We did nothing!'
'There's no use crying about it Steve. It's done with. Maybe she's joking, maybe she's not. Now be quiet!'
'How could this of happened?! What kind of monster is she?!!'
John was getting frustrated with Steven's questions. He wanted answers too, but they bothered him so much.
'You know what Steve?! Think about this! It's your fault that we're here!! If you didn't come up with your stupid plan, we'd still be hiding out under the bloody dresser and not held prisioner in a lego square!!!'
'Oh yeah?!! Let me give you something to think about!! If you didn't tell us all to look at that damned blue thing in the sky, we'd all be at home at our normal size with our families!! You don't tell me that this things my fault!!!'
'You take that back you ruffian!!'
'Make me!'
'You wan't a piece of me?!! YOU GOT IT!!!' John ran to steven and jumped on him. Matthew watched on in horror. John was pummelling Steven until David and Desmond jumped into the mix. They were both pulling John off Steven who was lying on the ground rolling in pain. After a minute John calmed down.
'What the hell do you think you're doing John?!! If we're gonna make it out of here, we have to stick together!' Shouted Desmond. It had gotten quiet and John and Steven just stared at eachother. They both nodded their head. It was their way of making peace.
**
After a little while longer, conversation struck up again.
'Hey guys, look at this!' Said Matthew.
'What is it?' Said John, not getting up.
'Come here and look!' John had gotten up and walked to the other side of the square with the others.
'What are we looking at Matt?' Said David.
'This!' Matthew pointed to a clear lego block.
'Big deal.' Said John.
'No...look on the ground beside Jessica's bed!'
'It's a coat. Yippee.' Said Steven, being sarcastic.
'No! Don't you understand?! There are still people in the house!! They're alseep on the couch remember?! When they leave, they'll come and get their coat and see us!!' He had a smile on his face, and so did the others except David.
'That's a nice little plan you got there Matt, but there's a problem.' Said Daivd.
'What?'
'It's my coat. I didn't put it on last night. Sorry to burst the bubble.'
The boys got silent again. They had little hope, except for Desmond's 'we'll see what happens then use our wit and intelligence' plan. Matthew, Steven, and Desmond himself were the only ones in favour of that plan. David and John didn't know what to do. All they knew is that if she wasn't kidding, they better keep their temper down and bite their tongue. They would not be cooperative with her though. They wouldn't give her the satisfaction.
**
After a long while of even more silence, Jessica was heard coming down the hallway to her bedroom. The sinking feeling in the boys stomach had returned and they were becoming very worried again. John and David joined the others at the other side of the square, to show Jessica a symbol of their unity, even though it wasn't as strong as it could be.
They heard the door open and looked up. They saw Jessica smiling down on them. She had squatted down next to the structure. The boys looked at her. They moved as far back as they could.
'Hello boys. Nice to see that you've been well behaved. You're lucky too!' She had said giggling. She had four bags in her hands. Two in each hand. She must have gone to the mall again. The boys watched as she dropped her bags and as she stood up.
'I'll be right back. I think you guys will be moving!' She smiled and walked out of the room. The boys didn't like the sounds of this at all. They just slid down against the wall into a sitting position. They had a feeling that the remainder of the day wouldn't be that pleasant. In fact, they thought it would be down right bad.
'What the hell can she be up to?' Asked Steven.
'I'm not sure but we'll soon find out. I don't like the sounds of it though.' Said John.
Jessica had walked back into the room with another bag in her hand. The boys just looked up to see her.
'Hi little guys! I'm back!' She said cheerfully.
'Guess what. I went back to the mall and did a bit of shopping! Nothing for you guys though.' She said with a smile.
'But I did manage to buy one thing for you guys! Well, you probably won't like it, but it will make my life a hell of a lot easier!' Laughing, she opened the bag she was holding. Inside was a bunch of planks of wood.
'I guess you wanna know what these are for, huh? Well, I really don't like keeping you all in one small space, so I figured I could let you roam around my room. You need excersice, don't you! What I'll do is just board up around my bed and around my desk and dresser that way you can't hide anywhere!! All I have to do is just pick you up and have a good time!' She squatted down beside the square with a smile.
'So, whaddya guys think?' The boys just looked at her with faces of disgust. They thought it was better than being kept in the square, so they just continued to stare.
'Oh well. What are you gonna do? I try and do something nice for you guys and then you throw it back in my face. You're just lucky that I'm a forgiving person and I'll still board up the place!' She got up and walked to her bags.
'Oh, and one more thing! I advise all of you to stay on my good side. If you think this is mean, I can make this look like I'm Mary Poppins when I'm really mad.' She turned around and giggled to herself. She took out a hammer and some nails.
'I'd cover my ears if I were you!'
The boys just sat, pondering about what was going on. The noise was awfull.
**
After about an hour and a half, the noise had stopped. The boys got up and looked through the clear lego. The room looked exactly the same, except that the openings were boarded up so they couldn't hide. Jessica started to put the bags away then came back to the square and started speaking.
'All done!! Do you guys wanna come out now?' All the boys just continued to look at her, except for Matthew. He nodded his head.
'Only one? That's it?! Too bad! You're all coming out, whether you like it or not!' Jessica lifted the lego square and allowed them to go. She picked up the piece of cardboard as well. The boys didn't trust her, and they just stood still.
'Fine, you don't want to roam? Stay there! As a matter of fact, I think I'll join you!' Jessica was lying down on her stomach, facing the little guys with her hands under her chin.
'What's wrong? I thought you guys wanted to be free!' Desmond spoke up.
'We do want to be free, Jess, but we wan't to be with our families! We want to be normal size!'
'Oh Des. Not this again. You're still rambling on. I don't care. You're mine now. I found you guys under my socks! I get to keep you!'
'We are not yours!'
'Sure you are.'
'We belong to nobody!'
'That's not true. You're mine.' Jessica laughed. She was being difficult and trying to frustrate the boys. She was doing a good job.
'This is pointless. You're so dense! Nobody can argue or try and reason with you!'
'That's becuase you all know that you can't win!' She laughed then blew on Desmond knocking him down. Desmond was shocked. He was speechless. He was starting to get worried. He kept quiet.
'Now, I boarded up my room for you guys and you're still here!! Walk around!! Get some excerise! Especially you fatty!' She laughed and then poked Steven gently. It was enough to make him fall down. She roared with laughter.
'Wow! I didn't see that coming!' She laughed.
'How the hell can you live with yourself you bitch!!!' Yelled John.
'Hmmmm. That was a mistake John. You've been causing me nothing but problems ever since I found you between my toes. You're going to pay for that. In fact, I think I'll take David and Matthew too, just for the hell of it!' She laughed. The three boys crowded around eachother shaking. They were terrified. For once, David and John were without speech.
'Don't worry guys. This is going to be pretty fun! Ooops. I mean fun for me, I'm not sure if it will be fun for you, but, ya never know.' She smiled. Desmond and Steven couldn't believe it. They were frightened too. They didn't know if they would be the last ones alive or not. Jessica had told the three boys to stand still and wait for her to fisish speaking to all of them.
'I think you guys should like, know something. I have a lot of friends from school over here from time to time, and I suggest that you try to stay out of sight. You know some of the people, and they could be pretty happy to see you. Also, my fam's going to be home tomorrow, and they come in every now and then too. Stay clear, becuase if one of you goes missing, the whole lot of you gots ta pay!' She laughed at them shaking.
'Look at you guys. Shakin' like that. You're so pathetic. Have a good night's sleep!' She looked at the three standing in front of her face and started to speak.
'God I'm tired. Now I have to spend my sleep time punishing you guys. Why can't you behave and just put up with me? I'm not that bad. Just because I blew your friend over and poked another?!' She was laughing very hard. She was having a great time. Desmond and Steven were looking on.
'Catching in a show eh? Enjoy!' She said. She stuck out the palm of her hand telling them to hop in. They didn't. After a couple of minutes of asking them, she got fed up and pushed them into her hands.
'God! You knew that I would do that! Why not just surrender and accept defeat! Morons.' By this point, Matthew was already in tears again, John was screaming, and David was screaming too.
'Could you guys shut up!!' She closed her hand around them, not applying any pressure. Inside her hand the boys were freaking out and screaming and crying even louder. Jessica sat on her bed and opened her hand. She let the boys fall onto her pillow.
'Boy you guys are cry babies! You're only being punished by a giant girl that holds your life in her hands!!' She roared with laughter again.
'Now that you say that out loud, I guess you have a right to be afraid of me!' She continued laughing. The boys just watched her with disgust. If they ever got out of this, they would get her. They never thought Jessica could be like this. She was the same spunky, hyper, and happy self, but she was cruel, and all they could think about was how much they now hated her. While laughing, Jessica was untying her shoes. She let lem fall to the ground then took off her socks. She turned to the boys and started to speak again.
'So boys, I guess you're wondering what is going down with your punishment, eh?' The Desmond and Steve just watched, not sure of what was going to happen.
'I have to correct myself. John is the one being punished. You two are here just so I can laugh and have a good start to my sleep.' She picked up John by the jacket.
'Why are you still wearing that? LOSER!' She made an L with her fingers and laughed. She was also laughing at John's kicks and screams.
'Geeze! Calm down. I've never seen someone like this! Then again, I've never been able to hold 1/2 inch guys between my fingers either! Well, John, you better get a good night's sleep, becuase the other half of your punishment will be tomorrow.' She laughed, then brought her sneaker up to her face.
'Pffew!! I don't know if you'll be able to get any sleep!!' She laughed and put John in. She put it down on the ground, and stared at him freaking out.
'Wow! I've never had that effect on a guy before!' She lauged again, then took her sock and stuffed it into the shoe blocking off the exit/entrance. John could hear her laugh from the inside.
'Well, it looks like it's just you two! Since you really didn't do anything, I suppose you can both share my shoe and enjoy eachothers company.' She laughed at Matthew's cries and David's screams. She dropped them in the other one, and just before she stuffed her sock in, she spoke.
'Oh, and don't forget. Just because you didn't do anything doesn't mean that I can't still have a good time with you two!' She laughed and stuffed her sock inside. Then she turned to Steven and Desmond.
'I'm just playing around here. You don't want to see me get angry. G'night!' She said. She closed the lights and curled up in bed, laughing to herself. Desmond and Steven decided to walk up to her shoes and keep them company. They knew that this wasn't a joke anymore, and it was up to them to stop it, if they could.
'What are we going to do Steve? We just can't leave them in her shoe.' Said Desmond
'I don't know. Should we climb up? We could speak to them from the airholes above the toes.'
'That seems reasonable. It shouldn't be that difficult to climb.'
'Not at all. You can get a pretty good foothold with all the ridges in the sole.' Steven had started to climb one side of the shoe, while desmond climbed the other side. It took them about ten minutes.
'Hey!' Shouted Desmond into the holes.
'Des?! Is that you?!' Shouted John.
'Yeah, it's me!'
'And Steve.' Steven added.
'Hey guys!'
'Holy s--- John. I can't believe this happened.' Desmond said.
'Holy s--- is right! I swear I'll get revenge.'
'Don't worry John. We'll get out of this. We have to. We don't deserve this.'
'Please Des. I can't believe it. You're giving us all hope, but it won't happen!'
'Bear with me John. We'll find a way out of this.'
'Dammit Des! I'm in Jess' sneaker!! This is only half of what's coming to me! I'm lucky if I make it out!!' John's voice started to crack and you could hear him crying.
'I'm sure everything will be fine.'
'Again with everything being fine!! Everything is not fine!!! Do me a favour, if you're going to speak to me, don't keep saying that everything will be fine!'
'I'm just stating the truth!'
'Stating the truth?!! You were stating the truth earlier today and we wound up in a...a...I don't know what the hell that lego square thing was!! You were stating the truth less than an hour ago, and now Dave, Matt, and I are in a god damned sneaker, and we can't get out!!! It's only going to get worse!!!'
'Things are going to get worse before they get better' Added Steven.
'Will you shut up Steve?! You've been on my case ever since you ill-fated plan!!' Steven decided to leave John alone. He could tell that he was frustrated. He climbed off the shoe and went onto the other one holding David and Matthew.
'I hope you're happy John. You chased Steven away.' Said Desmond.
'Yeah, well he knows that I'm frustrated and that I'm not in the mood to hear his crap.'
'I guess. He's with Dave and Matthew now.'
'Am I supposed to care?'
'John, I've never seen you like this before. What has gotten into you?'
'What has gotten into me?! Look!! I'm 1/2 inch tall!! I'm in a shoe!!! That's whats gotten into me!!'
'I'm 1/2 inch tall too, John. You don't see me freaking out!'
'I don't know how you do it. Frankly, it scares me!'
'Well don't worry. It will all be over soon.'
'I'm going to pretend like I didn't hear that, and if you wan't to contine speaking to me, you're going to ask a worthwhile question!!'
'Sorry John. Um...so how's it like in there?'
'What the hell did you just say?!! If you were here I'd kick your ass!! How is it here!! That's not right!!'
Desmond realized what a silly question that was. He tried to cover it quickly, acting as if he was genuinely interested.
'No, really John. I seriously want to know how it's like in there.' Desmond surpressed a laugh.
'You want to know?! Dammit Des. Sometimes I just wanna...well, I don't know. How's it like? It's disgusting!! I feel like vomiting. Every step I take I can hear this squishy sound of her sweat in the material, it's all humid and moist, I touch the material and it's soaked, I can't put my head down, I keep slipping when I walk, it's dark, I can't see, I keep tripping whenever I walk into her toe prints, I'm afraid to sleep, and the smell, don't let me get started!! The stink brings tears to my eyes!! IT'S HELL!! I WAN'T OUT!!' John had broke into tears again.
'Wow John! It's a miracle you're still conscience! I can smell it from here and I'm already getting lightheaded!'
'I know. I don't know how I do it, but I do.'
'Well John, you can handle a lot. Your mental stability is @#%$, but you can handle a lot.' Desmond Laughed.
'I'd laugh, but I'm not in the mood to hear your brand of corny jokes, no offence.'
'None taken. John, I know you don't like to hear things that arent 100% certain, but please trust me, I'll get us out of this!'
'Des, I really wan't to believe you, but I can't. Not until I see things starting to change. Right now, they just seem to be getting worse and worse. I don't know if I'll even be alive tomorrow! Who knows what that bitch is capable of!!' John started to cry again.
'I understand John. I understand.'
'Thanks. I guess you'll be going to bed now. '
'Yeah, I am pretty tired. I'll sleep right here.'
'Right above me?'
'That's right.' Desmond laughed.
'Kay. G'night. If you want to talk, I don't know if I'll be able to sleep in this hell hole. I don't want my body touching this.'
'I'll keep that in mind John. G'night.'
**
While Desmond was speaking to John, Steven was speaking to David and Matthew.
'No, I'm serious guys! Thomas Crapper did invent the toilet!'
'Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. I really don't care.' Said David.
'Where's Des?' Asked Matthew.
'He's over on the other shoe speaking with John. I think he's asleep now.'
'Probably. We can't sleep. We're too scared. We don't know what the f--- is going to happen.' Said David.
'Guys, don't worry. I heard Des tell John that he'd pull us through this!'
'Des told John this?' Asked Matthew.
'Um...yeah.'
'I could just picture John in there. He probably wanted a piece of him.'
'Yeah.' Steven laughed.
'I bet he was saying stuff like 'Shut the hell up!!' or 'What the hell did you just say?!!'' They both broke out laughing hysterically. So much that it actually woke Desmond up.
'What's so funny?' Yelled Desmond.
'We were making fun of...' Started Steven, before John was heard below yelling.
'Could you tell those bastards to shut the f--- up?!!! I may not be sleeping but I'd like some damned peace and quiet!!' Desmond looked at Steven and they both nearly burst out laughing, but they couldn't do that to John. They felt sorry for him. Everyone had agreed to keep quiet and keep to themselves.
'Goodnight guys.' Said Steven. They all said goodnight, and were fast asleep, except for John, David, and Matthew. It was 4:02 a.m. It was exactly one day that they were 1/2 tall.
**
'680 News Time at the tone is 7:00 Beeep!' Desmond and Steven were awoken to Jessica's alarm clock radio. David, Matthew, and John jumped out of their skin when they heard it. Jessica groaned and shut it off. She threw the covers off of herself and slid out of bed. She planted both feet firmly on the ground, shaking Desmond and Steve, almost throwing them off the sneaker. She smiled down then squatted in front of them.
'Mornin' little guys. I see you decided to keep your friends company. You two are really good friends.' She then started to address David, Matthew, and John.
'I hope you guys are well rested! We've got a big day today!! I wouldn't want to be in your shoes!' She laughed and walked out of the room. Desmond and Steven were stunned. She's absolutely beautiful even when she wakes up in the morning. They couldn't believe it. David, John, and Matthew had other things on their mind at the moment. Much bigger things.

Desmond and Steven climbed down off of Jessica's shoe. They were worried about what might happen to their friends. Jessica walked back into the room with a huge grin on her face.
'I'm ba-ack!!' John, David and Matthew were crying inside Jessica's shoes. They were terrified. Desmond and Steven were moving away. They didn't want any part of this.
'Let's see. Where shall we start?! We've got a bit of time to finish your punishment!' Jessica said, while she looked at her alarm clock. She knew that they could hear her. Jessica had sat on the ground, crossing her legs. She put both shoes inside.
'I hope you two are watching! This is only a small sample of what I'm capable of doing!' She laughed when she told Desmond and Steven this.
Jessica picked up the shoe that contained David and Matthew.
'Hello in there!!' They boys just stayed close together. Jessica decided to have a bit of fun. She started to twirl her shoe. The boys were getting tumbled all over the place. They could hear Jessica giggling. Finally, she had stopped and took her sock out. She brought the shoe up to her face, and looked inside. She roared with laughter when she saw David and Matthew lying down with their faces in the craters that her toes had made. They felt sick to their stomachs. They felt like they were going to vomit.
'Hey guys!! Looks like you've had a good sleep!!' The boys didn't move. They were to sick to.
'Geeze! I thought you guys could take more than that! I'll tell you what. If you guys can climb from where you are up to the heel, then out of my shoe, I'll let you be with your friends.' Jessica said with a smile. It didn't take the boys long at all to take her up on the offer. They wanted out. The journey was difficult, since Jessica was holding the up, making a rather steep walk. They had made it to the heel. Jessica was looking on with a big grin. They had tried to climb out, but they couldn't. They had tried three times, but they couldn't. Jessica was giggling.
'Pathetic! How can you even look at eachother?!! You can't even climb out of a girl's shoe?!! You're so weak!! If you ask me, you aren't worth enough to society!! You should just stay in my sneakers for the rest of your lives!!' Jessica laughed at her harsh words. It was one thing to be cruel, but do this...that was uncalled for. She brought the shoe up to her ear.
'Jess, please let us go!!' Cried Matthew.
'Awwww. Matthew is crying. BIG SURPRISE!'
'Jess, please!! Let us out!! We can't take it!!' Screamed David.
'What's this? At first you wanted to be out of my life all together, but now that you see it ain't gonna happen, you'll just take what you can get?! Well I say tough @#%$!' Jessica started to laugh.
'PLEASE JESS!! We're so sorry!!!' Cried David.
'Gee! David crying and apologizing?!! Has hell frozen over?! I'll tell you what. Since Dave realized that you guys are worthless, I'll let you go. Just grab onto my sock.' Jessica laughed. She dangled the sock above the boys' heads, and disgusted with themselves, and what they were doing, they grabbed on. True to her word, she put them down next to Desmond and Steven.
**
John was the only one that was left. His tears had dried up, becuase he thought he would get the same fate as David and Matthew. He felt relieved. The boys outside thought the same thing. That was until she started to speak.
'John, I'm afraid that you've got a different fate! No wait...why lie?...I'm so happy that you pissed me off John! Now I get to treat you like the 1/2 inch piece of s--- that you are!! Not that I have to be pissed of by anyone to do that!!' Jessica laughed. John's dry eyes started to get glossy again. He felt his heart go into his stomach. The boys couldn't believe this either. They were getting worried again too.
'Let's start shall we?' Jessica was getting ready to remove her sock. John had a plan. As much as he hated it, he grabbed on with all his might to the sock. Jessica flung in out and it landed on her bed. John was surprised that it actually worked. All the boys had seen this, and were proud of him. He quickly went under Jessica's sheets, as to avoid beeing seen. She put her hand in to reach for John and taunt him. She was probing, but she found nothing. She then brought the shoe up to her face and looked in.
'What the f---?! Where the hell did he go?!!' Jessica was pretty angry. She got up and looked around her room. Even on the sock, but she found no traces of John. The other boys were trying to conceal their laughter. They could see that she was getting angry.
'Listen you little f---er! I know you can hear me!! I'm going to give you 'till the count of three before I get really angry!! 1...2...3!!!' There was no sign of John. The boys were putting a checkmark in their column. They thought they had her defeated in this round, but then the tide turned against them.
'You wanna play like that John?!! Fine!!' She picked up Steven from the small group of boys. She closed her fingers around him, making a fist.
'I've got Steve in my right hand!! If you don't come out, crybaby Stevie will become my foot cream!!!' There was no sign of John.
'Fine John!! Look at you!! Come out and take it like a Man!! Are you really going to make me do this to Steve just so that you can have a couple of extra days?!! HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF?!!' She said mocking him. There was still no sign of John. He didn't know if she was bluffing or not. The boys were becoming very worried. They didn't know what was going to happen. Jessica put Steven on the ground before her feet.
'Kiss my toes Steve!! Treat me like the goddess I am before I kill you!!' Steven stood there, shaking. He started to kiss Jessica's toes.
'BETTER THAN THAT!!!' She shouted. Steven didn't know what to do. He just continued until Jessica knocked him over with her toes. He was there lying on his back, looking up at Jessica. The other boys were paralyzed. Matthew was crying. He didn't want his cousin to die.
'Well John, it doesn't look like you're going to show up!!' She dangled her toes above Steven. She was slowly lowering them. She stopped just a second before she was about to crush him.
'Beg me to crush you Steve!! Beg me!! Say 'Goddess Jessica, please give me the honour of being crushed by you!!!'' Steven said nothing.
'I SAID SAY IT!!!!' Steven started to speak, even though she couldn't hear him. Just as Steven was about to say it, John came sliding down the sheets on the side of Jessica's bed. He quickly pushed Steven out of the way. Jessica put her foot down, and looked down at John.
'God you're a stupid @#%$!! You're going to wish you've never done this!!' Jessica pushed Steven back with the boys with her foot.
'Saved by the bell Steve. Next time you won't be so lucky!' The boys didn't know what to think. They were relieved that Steven would live, but for all they know, they may never see John again. Jessica picked up John, and closed her hand around him. She walked out of the room with him, closing the door behind her.
**
She opened up her hand and let John fall onto the table in the kitchen. He was crying, but stood still. Jessica quickly made herself a cup of coffee. She sat down. She picked up John between her thumb and index finger and brought him up to her eye level. She saw him crying. Taking a sip of her coffee, she brought him closer to her eyes.
'Let's see you get out of this one dumbass!!' She laughed, then blew on John, making him sway and cough. He knew he should have just stayed in her sneaker.

'So John, you thought you could get away, huh?' Jessica laughed. She started shaking him while he was dangling.
'You must really be scared if you were willing to grab onto my sock to try to get away from me! And look, you're still screwed!!' Jessica continued to laugh. John tried to speak, but she couldn't hear him. She brought him up to her ear.
'What did you say?'
'Why are you doing this?!' Said John, crying.
'Holy s--- man! You keep asking me that! I do it because I feel like it, and because I can!'
'Don't you care that you almost killed Steven? Don't you know thats a crime right there?!'
'Nobody gives a s--- about you guys! You're lucky I'm even giving you this much attention!'
'Lots of people care about us Jess. You know that.'
'Like who, your families?' Jessica laughed.
'Yes them, plus the entire school! If anybody found out about this, they'd want to cut you up with rusty razors!'
'John, get with it. People don't like you. They feel sorry for you. You put on that nice guy act just to cover up how angry you are with the world. In fact, I'm doing you a favour!' Jessica laughed. John said nothing. He just continued crying.
'Ha ha! I made you cry! What happened to the big mean John that curses and tells me off?!' Jessica laughed some more, then pretended to make a startling discovery, mocking John.
'I've got it!! Eureka!! You're afraid of me!!' Jessica put John down on the table, then put her face directly over him, laughing, and continuing to taunt him.
'You're scared of me!! You're scared of me!! I never thought that you would just loose all self respect like that John! Boy! You are a pathetic piece of @#%$!!' John tried to act as normal as possible. He couldn't. He realized that he actually was afraid. He tried to stand up, but Jessica just poked him back down, adding insult to injury.
'Look at you! So tiny, so helpless, so worthless. If I killed you, I would be doing society a favour. Who wants worthless f---heads around? Not me!' Jessica had gotten up to get a couple of cookies. She sat back down, and started to eat them.
'You must be pretty hungry, eh? You didn't eat in over a day!' John said yes. He thought about nodding his head, but he wanted to show her that he still had strenght within him.
'So you're hungry. Gee, I only have two boxes of cookies. I'd give you some, but I don't want to.' Jessica laughed. She had finished eating her two cookies. John looked really angry. He was pretty hungry.
'You look pretty pissed! You must really want food!' John decided to form a full sentence. She brought her head closer to him.
'Yes. I am hungry.'
'Well, I don't know what I could give you...wait!' Jessica loosened a piece of the cookie that she had already chewed. It was stuck to the back of her molars, but she was able to get it. She spat it out in front of John. He was disgusted.
'Eat up! That's all you're getting! Come on!! You don't even need anything to drink! It's already moist and chewed for you!' Jessica laughed. John refused to eat it.
'Since when did you become a food critic! Don't offend me!' Jessica giggled and picked up the mash. She smeared it on John, while she was laughing. John was simmering with indignation, but said nothing. He was disgusted at this. He didn't know how much longer he could go without exploding. He knew he had to keep from doing that or else he would make things worse for himslef.
'You look so cute when you're angry...or sad. Either way works for me! Well, enough chat! I still gotta finish up with you!' Jessica laughed and got up from the table. She got another cookie from the box to give to the other boys. She picked up john and put him in her palm.
'Eeew. You feel gross with all that cookie on you!' She chuckled and continued walking down the hallway into her room.
**
The boys watched Jessica as she entered the room.
'Hey guys. Here ya go!' She tossed the cookie down in front of them. The boys tried to break of pieces but they couldn't.
'I'll be back in a few. I gotta go for a shower.' She said. She put John down back with the group. They were startled to see him covered with the cookie.
'What the hell happened to you?!' Asked Steven. John lowered his head, and after a long pause, he answered.
'I was hungry. I asked for a cookie, but she didn't want to give me one. She gave me a piece that she already chewed and was stuck to her teeth.'
'Holy @#%$! But that's it, right? You can stay with us now?' Asked Matthew.
'She said that she still has to finish with me.'
'That bitch!!' Shouted Desmond.
'We have to do something. We can't let this continue.' Said Steven. John just shrugged his shoulders. After a minute of silence, Jessica had walked in with her bathrobe on. She looked down at the untouched cookie an laughed.
'What's the matter? Is it too big or are you just not hungry. EAT SOME!!' She watched as the group slowly approached the cookie. They tried to break pieces off, but they couldn't.
'Fine! I'll help! That's just pathetic!' She brought her foot over the cookie, smashing it into smaller pieces.
'There!! The thing's I'll do for you guys!' She laughed as the group slowly crowded around the mess. They were disgusted, but figured that her foot was clean since she just got out of the shower. They were all enjoying the large chunks of cookies except for John.
'One last thing guys, here's a little more!' She laughed as she dusted off her foot above them. It was a sand storm. She watched as a minature pile was formed.
'Well, I gotta get ready!' She smiled as she removed her bathrobe. The boys were looking up at her in awe. She was a thing of beauty. A masterpiece. The boys couldn't take their eyes off of her. She was perfect. Even Steven and Matthew were looking at her. Jessica smiled down at them.
'Geeze! I'd think you would have seen a naked girl before...no wait...you're the nice decent guys, right?! NOT!! Pervs!' She laughed, knowing that she was making them feel awfull.
'This should teach you!' She laughed as she shook her wet hair above the boys. It soaked all of them and formed an ankle high puddle.
'Wow! A couple more shakes and I could drown you!' She laughed again.
After a couple of more minutes like that, she had to get dressed for school. She put on her undergarments, then the school uniform, which consisted of black dress shoes, navy blue knee highs, monogrammed school tartan skirt or grey slacks (she wore the skirt), a white blouse and the school monogrammed vest.
'Hey guys, remember when, well, not you Matt, but when you guys always used to come to school in your uniform, with the fancy ties and wearing the suit? Remember? Too bad they'll stay memories!' She laughed, and packed her bag.
'Hmmmm. What am I forgetting? Ah yes! John!' She laughed and picked him up. The boys watched in terror as they watched Jessica remove her skirt. She picked up John and put him in her panties, where her buttocks is. She was giggling to herself. The boys couldn't believe it. John was crying.
'Comfy back there?!' Jessica laughed as she pulled up her skirt. The boys watched as she positioned John. They didn't believe that this was happening. She turned to the boys and blew them a kiss goodbye.
'Gotta jet guys. I'll be back later.' She laughed and closed the door behind her. Jessica couldn't believe that she was doing this either. She really liked the guys since they were always so nice, but there was something about having control over them that made her feel good, even though that she knew that they didn't deserve it, since they were such good people. She laughed while she thought about this, knowing that she wasn't going to change. She was just having too much of a good time.
**

In her underwear, John was thinking too. He was thinking along the same lines of Jessica. He knew that they didn't deserve this. They were good guys, and John never exploded at anyone until Jessica started to do this. He swore that when and if he got out of this predicament, he would have to take charge, and that he would never be the same.


Jessica was on her way to school. It was the 2nd. An even day, which meant that she had Biology, English, Music, and Law. She wasn't that good with her studies. Perhaps only a 54% average. She'd rather spend time with her friends at the mall talking about nothing than spend her time reading a book. Her most hated subject had to be English. She would have dropped it, but she couldn't. It's a cumpulsory course throughout secondary school, including OAC, the Ontario Academic Credits, which is grade 13. She couldn't wait to get out of there. She had only grade 12 left to complete, but if she wanted to go to university, she would have to go to OAC. Being in grade 11 was a fun time for her, and she wanted it to stay that way.
Jessica had gotten on the TTC.
'Hey! You got your student card?!' Said the bitter driver.
'Uh, no. Not with me.' Replied Jessica.
'Then that'll be two tickets!' He said with an angrily.
'But I'm wearing a school uniform!!' Whined Jessica
'Doesn't matter. Pay two tickets or get off!'
'But...'
'TWO TICKETS!!' Shouted the bus driver. Jessica put in two tickets. She only brought two. One for the way there, and one for the way back. She was being yelled at by everybody in the crowded bus for keeping them waiting. There was standing room only. Jessica made her way to the back, where she found a group of her friends.
**
Inside of Jessica's panties, John was cursing and crying. He couldn't stand it. The only thing that brought him the slightest bit of joy was hearing everyone yelling at Jessica. John was sweating from the heat. The odour was tolerable at the moment since she was out of the shower. He was getting bounced around pretty bad, and didn't want to break anything. He heard a conversation going on outside of his odd prison. He could tell that Jessica was talking to some of her friends.
'Hey there!' Shouted Jessica.
'Hi Jess!' Responded all of them in a chorus.
'How's tricks?' Asked Lisa.
'Great! I'm having a super day and it hasn't even started yet!'
'Boy are you hyper! I know you usually are hyper but this is like, hyper-speed hyper!' Lisa laughed while Jessica smiled back at her.
'Really Jess, what's up with you today?' Asked Alyssa.
'Sometimes a girl just gets this way!' The two girls just looked at her with a grin.
'You ready for Mr. Schoenberg's Biology test?' Asked Lisa.
'Oh @#%$! I forgot to study!'
'How the hell did you forget to study?! You've been preparing for weeks! This could make or break you!' Said Alyssa.
'Well, I got preocupied.' Jessica chuckled to herself.
'You know that you're gonna have Schoenberg up your ass for the rest of the year now!' Jessica laughed out loud. The whole back portion of the bus looked at her.
'What's so funny?' Alyssa asked giggling.
'It's an inside joke.' Replied Jessica.
**
John heard all of this. It was burning him up inside. He thought that it was ironic really. People that could help him all around, people that could free him from this insane brand of fun for Jessica. All that was stopping him was a thin layer of cotton. He felt like screaming. Hearing everyone go about their daily lives, people going to work, to school, to play, and he was there, in Jessica's panties.
He didn't want her to get away with this. John had another one of his often not-so-brilliant plans. He figured that if she was going to make a fool out of him like this, he would do the same to her. He started wiggling around. He started punching and kicking. He could feel Jessica begin to shiver. It was very difficult to do this. He was able to speak to himself while he was doing this.
'This oughtta teach this bitch!!'
**
A strange grin appeared on Jessica's face. John was getting to her.
'What's the prob Jess?' Asked Alyssa. Jessica kept silent, still with that grin.
'Jess?' Said Lisa. Nothing.
'JESS!' She shouted.
'Oh...yeah..um...I gotta sit down!!' Said Jessica. John heard this. He knew that he screwed up again. This wasn't going to be good. Alyssa got up to allow Jessica to sit down. John didn't know what to do. He knew that this could very well be the end of him. Jessica thought the same thing. She was actually giggling to herself that she was actually capable of killing John by sitting down.
She sat down slowly as to make it worse for John and better for her. John was able to feel more and more weight coming down on him. It was taking the wind out of him. He didn't want to die like this. He didn't want to be crushed under Jessica's ass becuase she decided to sit. He wanted to live and get revenge. The weight bearing down on him was unbearable, and she wasn't even through sitting. He wasn't even able to move that much. Finally, he couldn't take it any longer. In a last ditch effort, he moved as quickly as he could to her crack. He hated the idea, but thought as long as he was able to stay alive and still exact revenge, anything was worth it. It didn't do much for him. It only relieved some of the pressure. Jessica finally sat totally down. She felt John squirm while he moved up to her crack. John could barely breath. Each breath was a struggle. He didn't even have enough energy to move. He didn't even know if he could last any longer. Finally, John blacked out. Jessica didn't feel him squirm at all, and thought that he was dead.
**
It was finally lunch time. Jessica got english over with. She decided that her first order of business would be to take John's body out of her panties and flush him down the toilet.
She walked into the girls room, and was happy to see that she was the only one there. She walked into the stall with a huge grin on her face. She never thought that she would actually kill a man. She pulled down her skirt and then took a moment before she removed her panties.
As she pulled them down, she was singing to herself. She was happy to find John's body lying in her underwear. She actually pittied him for a second, but then she dismissed the thought. She didn't want to become soft. She looked as his limp and lifeless body on her panties. 'What an awfull way to die.' She thought to herself. She picked his body up, just like she did so many other times, with her thumb and index finger, and brought him up to her face.
'Poor John. Being killed by me just becuase I sat down!' She giggled. She was startled to see John move his arms and legs.
'Holy @#%$!! You're alive?!!' Jessica shouted. She brought John up to her ear.
'Damn Right!!' He shouted between gasps. Jessica couldn't believe it. She thought that he was dead.
'I thought you died!' John didn't respond. He knew that he was going to explode if he started a conversation with her.
'Fine. Don't answer me! IN YOU GO!!' Jessica laughed as she pulled up her panties and dropped John back again. She heard a couple of his screams but thought nothing of it.
The rest of the day had gone by pretty fast for Jessica, however, it was slowing to a crawl with John. He hated being trapped in her panties. It wasn't until after third period that the smell started coming thorough. It was a miracle that he was enduring this. The pressure when she sat, the odour. He was freaking out. The smell was bringing tears to his eyes. He felt like vomitting. He couldn't stand it, and hoped that this day would end soon. Finally, it did, and Jessica was on her way home. That wasn't much easier for John. There was quite a bit of walking distance, and the heat couldn't improve the smell. He was ready to take charge after, or if he was able to get out of this alive.
**
While John was dealing with his trouble, back at Jessica's house, the boys were dealing with some of their own. They heard footsteps in the hallway, and knew that it wasn't Jessica, since it was so early. Then Desmond had rememberd that Jessica's family was coming home today. As long as they didn't come into the room, they would be fine, but the look of the moving doorknob didn't help them to be that optimistic.

There David, Steven, Matthew, and Desmond were. In the middle of Jessica’s room. They were paralysed with fear when they had heard the footsteps and when they had seen the doorknob starting to turn.
“Who could it be?” Asked Matthew
“It has to be one of her family members. It’s too early for her to be home right now.” Replied David.
“This isn’t good—what if they don’t see us?!” He continued. Then Desmond had spoken up.
“Well, maybe we’ll be in luck. If it’s one of Jessica’s parents, they’d be sure to help us. Let’s just keep a low profile until we see who it is.”
The boys had agreed and had gone off as quickly as they could, just to stay out of harm’s way. With that, the door finally opened and in walked Sarah. Jessica’s older sister by 6 years. The boys had just stared at her in awe. Jessica’s family must have been vacationing somewhere tropical because Sarah had the most perfect tan.
Matthew turned to David and said with a smile “Pretty hot chick, eh?” The boys agreed and had all laughed until they were silenced my Sarah’s yell.
“Mom, Jess isn’t in her room! Where should I put the souvenirs we got her?”
“Just put them on her night stand” Her mom shouted back.
The boys were standing right next to the night stand, so they thought that this would be the perfect opportunity.
“This is what we’re going to do…” Said Desmond.
“Matt and Steve will work the left foot while Dave and I work her right foot, alright?”
The boys had agreed to go through with this plan, since they knew that whatever opportunity they were given to be rescued, they should take full advantage of.
Sarah had walked over to the night stand where the boys were with a couple of small bags in her hands. As soon as she stopped, the boys had ambushed her. They ran up to her sandled feet and then started to climb. They were in luck. Sarah had stopped to read one of Jessica’s magazines. The boys were having a tough time climbing the platform sandal. There was no way of gripping the sole. They were trying, but it was taking forever. Finally, the most athletic of them, Matthew, was able to see her glossy, bright red toenails. The rest of the boys weren’t as athletic as Matthew and thus, were still trying to scale the gigantic sole. Matthew, looking down at his friends trying to climb Sarah’s sandal, let them know that he was going to start trying to get her attention. He climbed up Sarah’s second toe and started to scream and wave his arms. As usual, that didn’t work. She was too captivated by the magazine. He then decided to take it up a notch and began jumping up and down. Nothing. He didn’t know what else he could do. Punching didn’t work, scratching, and even trying to tickle her didn’t work. He got one final idea. He looked down from her second toe into the gap between her big toe. He thought it would be alright to jump, which it was. Before he got to work on his plan, he could hear his friends struggling trying to climb. They had made little progress. Matthew needed their help, but there wasn’t any time. He had to go through with the plan. He was standing between Sarah’s toes that were towering over him and he went in for the kill. His last option was to bite the tender skin between the toes. Just as he was about to, Sarah started tapping her foot. David, Steven, and Desmond had all fallen off of Sarah’s shoe. Matthew could hear their screams as they plummeted to Jessica’s soft carpeting. The boys quickly got out of the way of Sarah’s sandal. Matthew completely lost his balance. He was holding onto Sarah’s big toe as strong as he could. If not, he would have fallen underneath it. The smacking sound was deafening to all the boys. Everyone was yelling at Matthew to get off, but he couldn’t hear them. Finally, Sarah stopped. Matthew was running as fast as he could the edge of the platform sandal, but as soon as he got to the edge, Sarah put Jessica’s magazine down and started to walk, the force pushing Matthew back between her toes. Matthew had the wind knocked out of him, and it took him a minute (despite his athletic ability) to catch his breath. Sarah walked around Jessica’s room and noticed how everything was boarded up. She noticed a boy’s jacket on the ground as well as a box made out of lego.
“Weird girl” Was all that Sarah said.
The boys were continuing to scream at Matthew telling him to jump off. He got up, but then Sarah started to walk again. He could barely keep his balance. He climbed up onto her second toe. And started to scream because he was so frightened. The boys looked at him and told him to just jump, but he couldn’t. Every step Sarah would make, forced Matt to lose his balance and fall. If he wasn’t careful, he’d fall beneath one of her Toes. On Sarah’s second toe, Matthew, although very frightened, thought that it she would notice him sooner or later. Hopefully sooner. The thing is, Matthew, nor any of the boys, planned on Sarah leaving the room. With that, Sarah left the room, with tiny Matthew clinging to her second toe.
**
“HOLY @#%$!” Shouted Steven. “What the hell is going on?!!”
“Okay. Listen. Everything is going great. I think that was Jessica’s sister—I don’t know her name. But either way, it’s good. She’ll see Matt whenever, and he’ll be able to tell her what happened. Then she’ll save us.” Replied Desmond.
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!! HOW THE HELL DO WE KNOW IF HE’S GONNA EVEN MAKE IT OUT ALIVE?!!”
“Matt’s a strong guy. He can do it. He will do it. He won’t let us down. It’ll be fine”
Steven started to cry because he didn’t have a good feeling about this. To tell you the truth, nobody did. Except Desmond. The boys had spent their time in silence. Thinking about Matthew and John. They were all certain that John was dead, although nobody had the guts to actually say it. Desmond was the only one that believed that Matthew would be fine.
**
Matthew, on top of Sarah’s toe, listened to the conversation she was having with her Dad. Apparently, Sarah didn’t live with her parents. She lived on her own in downtown Toronto. Matthew didn’t like this at all. His plan suddenly changed again. It was now his mission to get off her shoe before she left the house. He couldn’t do it. Everytime Sarah moved her foot, he lost his balance and was knocked down. He just strapped himself in and held on for the long bumpy ride. He was feeling sick. He missed his family and he didn’t want to be left alone with this girl, who didn’t even know that he was on her foot. He wanted his friends around. Sarah left Jessica’s house and took her luggage with her. She was heading home.
**
The boys, still in silence, were sitting down. Nobody knew that Sarah didn’t live with Jessica. She was only 22. Mind you, they weren’t sure if it was Jessica’s sister anyway.

The mood was very somber for about 20 minutes. Then they heard footsteps again. The door opened, revealing a very happy, very giddy Jessica. She started to speak.

“Damn my ass feels good today!” She laughed. She looked at her tiny boys, tired and defeated, sitting next to her nightstand. They just started to cry thinking about John. They needed his fighting spirit and his bitter rage to keep them from losing hope. Even Desmond was turning a little bitter. He pretty much lost hope in the whole Matthew situation by now too.

“Well, I guess you guys are all pretty interesting finding out about my day, eh?” There was no response.
“Ooooh…did we miss little Johnny?” She laughed. Then she noticed that Matthew wasn’t anywhere to be found. She looked on her nightstand and saw the bags of souvenirs. She looked at her misplaced Magazine.
“Oh @#%$!” Was all she said before storming out of the room, with John still in her panties. She closed the door behind her and had gone to speak to her Mom.

AT THE CROSSROADS
PART (ARBITRARY NUMBER...14)
****************************
Matthew had no choice but to strap himself in and feel the “G’s”. As hard as he tried, it was impossible for him to stay on top of her toe. Being smooth and slick with baby blue polish, there was nothing for him to grip. He couldn’t hold on for more than 3 steps before he had slid off Sarah’s toenail and in between her big and second toe. He knew that climbing back up would be a waste of valuable energy, so he decided to stay where he was. The heat radiating from Sarah’s feet was comforting. It was probably the only comforting part of this horrible journey. Every step Sarah had taken was like an earthquake. Matthew was constantly struggling not to fall beneath the ball of her foot. He knew he’d be a goner if that were the case. It was difficult to keep from sliding on the sweat-slicked leather platform sandal. He was covered in a thin layer of sweat from Sarah’s feet. He tried not to touch any greasy areas with his hands, but it was too hard. Soon, his entire body was covered in her sweat. She wasn’t even sweating that much. In fact, her feet didn’t even smell horrible.
“Shit! I’m in so much trouble now. How the hell am I going to get out of this? The guys are relying on me! I need to do this for them. I need to do this for John.” Thinking that John had died, tears started streaming down Matthew’s face. Matthew couldn’t cry and keep himself from sliding under Sarah’s feet. Something had to give.
“Fuck! Where are my keys?” Sarah had said while rummaging through her purse for the keys to her car. She was standing perfectly still, which gave Matt a few seconds to re-group and get his strategy in order. He was already badly bruised and beaten, but he was determined to save himself and the boys. He could hear the clinking and clanking of Sarah’s keys. She must have found them. He knew she found them when he was being bounced around again. Luckily for him, it was only for a brief minute, until She got in her car.
Being on her left shoe, Matthew knew he’d have a calm ride back to Sarah’s place. He would use this quite time to rest, heal. He thought about climbing up her leg since it was stationary, but he knew better than that. He didn’t want to cause any accidents. He sat and waited. Eventually he dozed off to the sound of the engine purring.

**

John was half conscious inside Jessica’s panties. He tried to remain as alert as he possibly could have. He heard Jessica’s muffled conversation to herself and had wondered why she was leaving in a huff so quickly. He had wanted to move, but didn’t have any strength left to do so. All he could do was lie there, motionless. Nothing fazed him anymore. Sarah ran out of her room and the bouncing didn’t bother John one bit. Well, it bothered him, but there was nothing he could do about it. He was losing the vigour that was the quintessential John. It seemed like he just didn’t have the fight in him anymore. Even if he were to make it out of Jessica’s panties alive, he wouldn’t be able to survive another thrashing from this wicked goddess.
Jessica ran to speak with her mom.
“MOM! WHO WAS IN MY ROOM?!”
“Well it’s nice to see you too, Jessica! Oh yes, we had a great trip.” Replied Sarah’s mom sarcastically.
“Ok mom, that’s great. But who was in my room?! I have to know. We’ll talk about your trip later ok? I promise! Just please tell me!” Jessica cried.
“What is wrong with you? Are you feeling ok? All Sarah did was leave some souvenirs in your room. Is that a problem? Why are you so worried, honey?”
Jessica called a cab and ran outside the house. She had to get to Sarah.
John had heard all of that. He was finally able to piece it together. He knew one of the guys must have disappeared with Sarah. John wanted to scream with joy but he knew better. He knew that Sarah could just be as bad as Jessica—or worse. He was playing out hundreds of different scenarios in his mind. Some of them bad, resulting in his untimely death, some of them good, resulting in the rescue of him and his friends. Suddenly John’s daydreaming was cut short by pain that defies comprehension. The pain was due to Jessica having a seat in the cab. She squeezed her ass cheeks together, sucking in John. With his last ounce of strength, John kicked with all his might, but then fell unconscious due to the pain and horrible odour.
Jessica had told the cabbie to get to Sarah’s place as fast as he could. She didn’t have any money to pay the fare, but that was the furthest thing from her mind right now.

**

Sarah turned off her car. She was at home. She jerked her leg, causing Matthew to wake up. He was totally unprepared. She got out of the car and he was being shaken around. He tried to cling on to something, but his hands were covered in sweat. He tried running up the sole of Sarah’s sandal, but it was to slick. He found himself sliding backwards. He screamed as couldn’t grip anything. Matthew disappeared beneath the ball of Sarah’s foot. He worked so hard in trying to avoid this. He knew that he would be nothing more than a red stain on her foot if that happened. Was Matthew still alive? His screams were silenced after he slid beneath her foot. Sarah’s continuous walking didn’t improve his chances either.
Sarah heard a knock at the door. Walking over to it and looking through the peephole, she saw it was Jessica. Her lips formed a smile as she saw her younger sister. Opening the door, she also noticed a cab driver waiting. Expecting a warm greeting, all Sarah had gotten was
“Where the fuck is he?!”
“Uh, excuse me?”
“Give him to ME NOW!”
“What is wrong with you? Why did you take a cab here?”
“I NEED HIM! HE’S MINE!” Jessica was starting to whine.
“What are you talking about? Am I missing something here?”
“Matthew. The teeny tiny guy you found in my bedroom!! GIVE HIM!”
“Um, ok. Maybe you should pay your cab driver. He’s looking pissed.”
“GIVE HIM TO ME SARH!”
“I have no idea what you’re talking about Jess. But let me pay your cab driver. You don’t have any money, do you?”
Sarah shoved Jessica to the side and walked over to the cab driver and gave him his money. Jessica watched her sister walk to the driver. She looked at her feet. Then it clicked. She waited until Sarah got back inside.
“Ok, so what’s your problem Jess?”
“Lift up your shoes.”
“What?”
“Sit down and let me look at your shoes!”
Jessica was a little weirded out by her sister’s abnormal behaviour. She thought it would be best just to go along with it. Having a seat, Sarah stretched out her legs. Jessica zoomed in on their soles for a closer look.
“Um, satisfied Jess?” Sarah had said, confused.
Jessica examined every square centimeter of her sister’s soles and found nothing.
“Not quite Sarah. Take off your shoes.”
Jessica cocked her head and then rolled her eyes.
“Whatever.” She kicked off both her sandals. Jessica got on her knees and started squinting. Inspecting the right shoe, she found nothing. She focused her attention on Sarah’s left shoe. Her mouth widened with surprise as she found what she was looking for.
 

<bug src=http://gtsarchive.freeservers.com/cgi-bin/sitestats.gif?p=http%3A%2F%2Fgtsarchive.freeservers.com%2FStories4%2Fat_the_crossraods__by_diatonic.htm;r=-; width=1 height=1>