- Text Size +

Melissa awoke. Although her brain was half-drowsy from the Ananda-drug, she felt pain. The straps around her wrists and ankles bit painfully in her flesh. The reason was that the junkieie had started to grow, bigger and bigger, and as her arms and legs grew thicker, the leather pinched more and more. Melissa instinctively tried to struggle free again, but it still was to no avail. She didn't realize she was growing, for her brain swam on the threshold of reality and dream. Her hands turned slowly red from the pressure, and she felt a tingling sensation in both hands and feet as they grew numb. 


PING! The metal buckle that held the leather strap closed broke it two. No matter how tight the leather was, the weakest spot in the straps proved to be the buckle. Melissa's right hand was free now, and one could clearly see the mark of the strap on it. 


PING! PING! PING! The other three buckles surrendered to her growing body as well. Melissa was fully mobile again. She sat upright and rubbed her wrists and ankles, still not aware that she was growing. The drug addict appeared half- asleep, murmuring incoherently and dimly aware of her surroundings. 


Neither did she notice how her clothes, dirty and torn here and there before she began her growth, were slowly ripping. The cotton of her tightening T-shirt didn't hurt like the straps, and tore open far more easily as her body expanded. 
PPPFFRRTTT! The shirt tore in two, both halves dangling by the sleeves from her wrists now. 
RRRRPPP! Her dirty jeans burst open, revealing a soiled skirt. That unwashed cotton piece of cloth, it was hardly more than that, soon followed the pair of trousers.


As her shoes were already removed by the hooded man so he could tie her ankles to the field bed more easily, Melissa only had her, thoroughly sweaty, socks on. They tightened around her feet, until the cotton began to protest of being stretched to its limits. But as she grew further, so did her feet. And while the drug addict sat there, growing bigger and bigger, her socks seemed to move by themselves up her feet, until they finally sprang loose.With a large "RRPP!" the sleeves of her torn shirt surrendered to her expanding arms and fell down, joining the heap of clothes on the floor. Melissa was naked now. But she was not aware of it. Slowly, she stood up from the almost under her weight yielding field bed, her head with the short, curly black hair nearly brushing the ceiling.


The man, in the meantime, had been watching her body expand. He was baffled. As the now almost ten feet tall junkieie, broken free of her confines, stood before him like a huge revenging angel, he made a run for it. 


Outside his solitary home he waited, standing against the wall next to the front door. Panting, he quickly considered his options. Yes, he synthesized the drug, but hadn't made an antidote. What if the girl kept growing? He didn't know what to do. Maybe she would die, he thought, because her body wasn't made to be so big.... Yes, he didn't need to be afraid. If she would reach a certain height, she would die because of heart failure. Or because her bones would shatter under the mass of her flesh. And if she grew to, say, 12 feet? No problem either. She would become a rarity, and maybe even a celebrity. And wealthy. The man grinned. She could thank him for that. And yes, the drug might be profitable in a way he hadn't even dreamed of. To cure dwarfism.


But his thoughts were interrupted as he felt some light tickling on his shoulder. As he looked, it was a white powder. Just as he was about to brush it of, more fell on it. The man looked up. He startled. 


The wall of his house showed a large crack. And the stones were slowly moving outward. Pieces from the masonry rained down.
The man turned and ran a few yards. Not a moment too soon. 
The walls burst open like an eggshell. Smoke mulched out, covering the view. With a thunderous crash, the roof collapsed. About twenty feet from his now destroyed home, the man watched as a large shadow rose menacingly from the smoke and ruins, like a demon emerging from hell.


Melissa slowly stood up, brushing herself lazily off. The ruins of the house surrounded her feet, the torn walls hardly reached halfway up her calves. The junkieie stood at least 50 feet tall. And still she grew.