- Text Size +

It was already hard to sleep before, now it was impossible. I felt bad, full of shame, and even scared. I just witnessed the murder of a fellow human being in the coldest way. To see a member of my own species do that was a very peculiar feeling to deal with. It was a pure hunter/hunted situation except here the hunter and the hunted only had a size difference. Were people really seeing shrunken victims of the virus as insects they could crush with a giggle? Was that how stupid human beings were? The craziest thing is that this happened only days after the first shrinking accident. Days! It’s not like we were living in a society used to the size difference that made it okay to fucking crush other people. No, only days ago this situation was impossible to imagine. That’s how fast people found it normal! Fucking days!

I decided to get up and go downstairs for a cup of coffee. It’s not like I could sleep anyway. On my way to the kitchen I looked at myself in the mirror. I almost scared myself. I was pale and looked more than tired. Almost like a zombie slowly walking in my house. With the stress and the horror I felt these past few days, it was no surprise when I thought about it. The shrinking virus was a terrible thing to accept. It made no sense, couldn’t be cured, and could hit anyone at any time. What a fucking nightmare.

You know how we love to watch “forbidden” things? Things that are supposed to be horrific and terrible? Like terrorist attacks, murders, fucked up things in general. It’s clearly a sign of how fucked up the human mind is. While we mourn victims of terrible events on social medias, we often look for graphical content of these same events in Google. That was how my mind was working at that moment. I felt disgusted by what I just saw but I had to watch it again. My morbid curiosity was running full speed. I typed “shrunken girl crushed” in the search bar and the same video appeared on hundreds of pages. I clicked on the first one. It wasn’t the original one. The man or woman who filmed the beginning of the end wouldn’t even enjoy nice ad revenues.

After 15 minutes, I had watched the video 32 times. It was far too much and I knew it, but I couldn’t resist hitting the replay button. Again and again. This tiny girl died under the feet of this cruel woman 32 times with my eyes fixed on it. Every time I watched it, I was discovering new details. The small organs being expulsed from under the giantess’ foot, the amount of blood getting out of the tiny woman, the restless attitude of the murderer. All of these details appeared to me making the scene more terrible every time I hit replay. A SMS got me out of this trance. It was Emilie.

“That shit is just crazy. Seen it?”

The message was completed with a Facebook link. I knew what it was. No need to click on it. At 8am I collapsed. I literally passed out on the sofa in front of the TV still playing the news where they only showed that fucking video again. Sleeping brought me serenity. At least when I wake up things couldn’t be worse than that.

How fucking wrong! I woke up at 2pm, the News still playing in front of my eyes. It was muted but I could read the titles: “Anna Einhardt won’t be arrested.”

What the fuck? I immediately changed the channel and went to another news broadcaster. The exact same shit. I turned the volume up and listened to what the journalists said:

“Less than 24h after the murder of the still unidentified shrunken woman, we learn than Anna Einhardt, who’s responsible for the killing, won’t be arrested or face charges. It is the chief of the Berlin Police who announced it this morning. The reasons put forward are the following. The fact that nobody was found make it impossible to declare a murder. In addition, the fact that the video quality isn’t optimal make it impossible for the police to make sure this isn’t a simple montage.”

A montage? A fucking montage? I watched that video 32 times and I’ve seen the freaking heart of this girl pop out of under that bitch’s foot! Who the hell is that accurate when making video montages? The quality isn’t bad either. It’s 720p! How the fuck are they not investigating further? That bitch is gonna walk out free? I changed the channel and faced the woman’s face once again as the camera was walking behind her in a Berlin’s street.

“Mrs Einhardt, please a comment on what happened yesterday! Mrs Einhardt!? Why did you crush that shrunken woman? What happened yesterday?”

She suddenly stopped walking and looked at the camera.

“Let me tell you something. I crushed a fucking bug yesterday. When something is smaller than my heel I don’t give a fuck what it is, I crush it. Simple as that. It was a woman? Big fucking deal. That wasn’t a woman, it was a bug. And if you want to know if I’m afraid of saying this? No. Because no one is gonna look into a bug’s death. Better get used to that.”

I felt a chill on my skin. As sad as it was, she was right. And she wasn’t the only one to know it.

“@AnnaEinhardt is so cool. Next time I see one of these tiny fucks I’m gonna fuck them up! #crush #tinyfucks #giantrules #makeway”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you liked it. Thanks for your comments, they make it easier to write knowing I have support.