- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I still needed some time before using violence in the story. I thought it would be for this chapter but it will be a bit different. I hope you Enjoy and thanks for reading.

The reactions to this “interview” came quickly and from everywhere. Televisions were showing it all the time. People were commentating it on Twitter and Facebook. Youtubers were talking about it. It was mayhem. I decided to listen to some News Channels. I couldn’t believe what I had just seen. How people could have this attitude towards this poor girl? Sadly, the journalists on Television weren’t caring either. They were only analyzing her physical state, forgetting about the sad words she had just pronounced. After 10 minutes, as I was about to stop watching, a beautiful woman with hazelnut hair came on the show. She was considered, like many others, an expert. She was in her forties and it could be seen on her nice face that she had seen a lot of things in her life.

 

“We are honored to receive Jade Hannen, war reporter, activist for women rights and now leader of the UN program for Men and Women equality. Jade welcome. First of all, you have seen the footage of Lisa, the German shrunken girl. Is this scaring you? After everything you have seen?”

 

“Well thank you for having me here. I am not scared by Lisa’s situation. It is a virus that we have to face and it’s not the first time in our history..” Jade was cut.

 

“Do you think we can stop it?” said the journalist.

 

“Don’t interrupt me Edward I was not finished.” she replied strongly.

 

The journalist almost turned red while Jade Hannen was replying to him while looking straight in his eyes. She continued:

 

“As I was saying, I am not scared of SH-02. We faced many other diseases and beat them. However, I am shocked by what I have seen. Not because of Lisa, but because of your news team harassing the poor girl who is clearly in shock. This attitude has nothing to do with professional journalism. What would have happened if I had treated refugees who lost their houses, their families and everything else that way? People would have rose and told me I was wrong. So I tell you now. You are wrong. You should have shown compassion for the poor girl. Imagine what life is for her now. She can’t do anything by herself. Some normal sized person that doesn’t care can kill her at any moment. Would you react another way in her situation? Well, let me tell you something, if you continue to set this kind of example one thing is sure. People will react this way if you shrink.”

 

I thought for a moment about what she had just said. Setting the example was important at the beginning of a crisis like this one. It allowed people to get good reflexes from the beginning. If people followed the current example, they would not care about shrinking persons. They would see them as less than they are. This thought made me shiver. Human nature can be cruel; you just have to see how we consider bugs. I turned on Twitter and what I thought about was confirmed. Another tweet from Brittany Sharzman:

 

“It could be cool to have a little doll like her @Aminakyle. #Shrink #SH02 #Lisa”

 

The wrong way of thinking was already in people’s mind.

 

Chapter End Notes:

I hope you liked it. I take your ideas into consideration and try to make the story better. Continue to review and tell me what you like and dislike.