- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

"Sighs"

 

What a long and strange trip this story has been. I remember when i started and, thinking it would be a fun way to pass the time. I never imagined i would turn into this...

I don't know if i still have all the same fans i had when i first started posting for this story, but i think any of you who have been here since the begining could tell things changed quickly.

And i have Franchise Writer to thank for that. After chapter 3, i didn't know where this story was headed. I originally just made it as a ongoing story that didn't have an end. But, he stopped me from posting chapter 4, and talked it over with me.

I can't believe it all changed from there like it did, but i can't thank him enough for his words. I had direction now. And you all have this story as the final byproduct.

So please, enjoy my final words. And enjoy the ending of PLD.

 

:)

 

 

 

~ Epilog ~

 

It’s been six months since I moved to Philadelphia. I left my old life behind and started a new one here. Though it was a hard start, I’m happy to know where I ended up. After I met Sophia and Alexis Artiste, officially, my whole life changed. I made friends, I found purpose, and I had a family again.  Through them and the help of their friends who I’m proud to call my own as well, we’re slowly changing the world. For better or worse, I couldn’t honestly say. But I’m happy to be here now, happy to be here to see the outcome that they have worked so long and hard to achieve. Since I first joined their group, a few things have changed here as well…

Kat now has a family, one I’m thrilled to be a part of. Even if the legal system might have stopped some when it came to adoption, both the twins took care of that for me. I’m happy to write that Kathrine Abernathy is officially mine. And we both love every minute of our time together. Although we may have our shortcomings at times, I still love her with all my heart and soul. Even when it comes time for that certain, affair each night…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“K-K-Kat… P-Please… I’m begging you… stop…”

 

Crawling on the floor with her hair sticking out in disorder, Claire grit her teeth as she clawed her way forward. “No… Kat won’t stop. You’re a mean Mommy!” Hanging her head in shame, Claire quickly shook her head. “I-I’m not! Don’t say that Kat. P-P-Please, just listen to me!” Hissing, the orange-haired cat girl inched closer in a threatening manner.

“No! I don’t wanna take a bath!” Growling, Claire crawled out from under the bed angrily as she saw Kat on the other end glaring at her. “Kat we do this every night! Look how filthy your fur is!” Crawling backward's slowly, Kat continued to hiss as the brunette moved around her.

“Kat won’t go in there!” Rubbing the bridge of her nose, Claire sighed. You would think after weeks of their mutual dance, the toddler would have relented by now, but nooo, she was just as stubborn as her Mom. Smirking a bit, Claire cracked her knuckles before cornering Kat again. “Alright, this is your last chance! Get in the bathtub or I’ll drag you in their by your tail!”

‘That might have come out worse than I intended…’ But Kat could take it. Hell, it seemed nothing short of being hit by a car ever fazed her. That poor driver, though… Lunging forward, Kat quickly dropped on all fours before rolling under the bed again right as the older girl smacked into the wall. “OWE, DAMN IT KAT!” Hearing a chorus of laughter under her bed, Claire growled again.

“F-Fine, you want to play like that?! I’ll play!” Hopping on her bed, Claire made sure to be very quiet as she inched towards the end of her bed. “Come out, come out...” Hearing another loud hiss from beneath there, Claire mutely grinned. Lifting each foot up silently, she began tugging her shoes off before cupping them both.

“Here… I… Come!” Dropping her shoes on the left side of the bed, Claire smirked as she saw Kat roll out on the right side… right in front of her. “GOTCHA!” Looking up in surprise, Kat let out a yowl of fright right before she was tackled into the wall by Claire. Struggling with all her might as the little toddler fought her, Claire grinned viciously. “Checkmate!”

Pinching the back of Kat’s neck, the girl suddenly stiffened before whimpering. Panting in triumph, Claire rested tiredly on the ground as she held the girl close to her chest in case her hand slipped for some reason. “T-The scores 176 to 0 Kat, you’re not going to beat me!” She’d make sure the Neko bathed or else she’d constantly be filthy. Nothing bothered her. Not dirt, nor grime, or grease or food. She just ignored it!

‘Not on my watch.’ Crawling to her feet steadily, Claire smirked once more as she saw Kat glaring at her. “Knock it off. You lost fair and square.” “Mean Mommy…” Kissing her cheek, Claire hummed happily as she made her way to the bathroom. This had been going on for over thirty minutes, and now it looked like she needed a bath just as much as Kat did.

She was just thankful she discovered the child's weak spot. It wasn’t until she saw the toddler carrying Mittens around by the scruff of his neck that it occurred to her. Kat probably acted the same as a kitten did with their mother. And sure enough, she did. It was adorable to find that out and empowering to know she could actually control Kat when she got out of hand that way… well, as long as she could catch her. 

Stepping into the bathroom, Claire kicked the door shut behind her before locking it. “Alright, the doors shut, and I’m not opening it until your clean missy.” She smiled before slipping the bathroom key into her jeans pocket. She had to actually go out of her way to buy a separate lock just for the bathroom or else Kat would dart the moment she was set down. She had learned that the hard way… “So just let me bathe you and then we can get some dinner. How does that sound?” Hearing a pitiful whimper, Claire nodded, the response being the usual one she received from Kat whenever she caught her.

Letting the girl down, the brunette waited before nodding her head as she saw Kat folding her arms bitterly. “Mean Mommy…” “STOP SAYING THAT!” Sighing, Claire shook her head before moving over to the tub and draining the cold water she had drawn for Kat earlier. She’d have to stop drawing the girl a bath since this happened so often. Sometimes she caught the girl quickly enough and the water was still warm, but most nights it was frigid.

Turning the water back on, Claire nodded before smiling warmly. “Kat, I do this because I love you. You may be able to heal from things like disease or sickness thanks to the twins but you shouldn’t rely on it. It’s important you maintain good hygiene… or, I maintain it for you…” She mumbled. Hearing no response from behind her, the older girl sighed.

“Kat, come on. Don’t be sad. Look, I’ll make it quick and painless for you. I’ll wash your hair, rinse you off, and we’ll go out for dinner. I’ll even take you to that milkshake parlor you love afterward~.” She giggled. Hearing more silence follow now, Claire soon grew worried. Did she really upset Kat that much this time around?

“Kat, please… you know I do this because I love-“Turning around, Claire’s expression went blank now as she felt confusion first then rising anger. In place of where the girl was, the door was wide open… and the key to open it was on the ground in front of it. Patting her pocket, Claire shook her head is disbelief. ‘How the hell did she do that?!’ She hadn’t even heard the lock click…

 

Clenching her fists, Claire screamed before crawling to her feet and running after her. Someone wasn’t getting milkshakes tonight, not anymore!

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

It seems like all the girls have changed, each in their own way at least. May, for instance, has grown so much since I first met her. She’s just as loving as she was in the past, but now she stands up for herself. Stands up to her parents as well…

But, even so, it still pained me to find out that her mother and father got divorced. I knew their relationship was being forced after learning of it, but still, it has to be hard on her. Yet… she still shows her true strength to us. She still wears her proud, carefree smile… because she knows it would make us sad to see her otherwise…

A wish to be heard… To have people in her life who would be there for her, and who wouldn’t abuse her. May’s wish was such a gentle one. I’m proud to have been the one to fulfill it for her. And I make it my responsibility to assure; I’m always there for her, no matter for what life throws her way…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“Oh please don’t go- We’ll eat you up- we love you so! And Max said, “No!” The wild things roared their terrible roars and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws! But Max stepped into his private boat and waved good-bye and sailed back over a year and in and out of weeks and through a day and into the night of his very own room where he found his supper waiting for him…”

Pausing, Claire smiled warmly as she flipped the book over for all the kids in front of her to see the imagery before turning it back around. “And, it was still hot. The end.” Hearing a chorus of joyful noises in front of her, Claire giggled as she looked over the children who had gathered for her story time. “Thank you, Claire!”

Nuzzling the pinkette currently sitting on her lap, Claire hugged May close before setting the book down beside her. “There you go May. I read you all stories. Now, time for you girls to go play outside for a bit, you need your exercise.” Hearing another loud chorus, this time of boo's, the brunette sighed. “B-B-But… but we like it when you read to us! Can you read us just one more story? Pretty please Claire!”

Stiffening, the older girl looked into May’s big, pleading, cerulean eyes before feeling her composure crack. ‘D-D-Damn it, not again…’ Sighing, Claire slumped her shoulders as a new book was put into her hands forcibly by one of the girls surrounding her. “Fine, I’ll read you, girls, one more story. B-B-But this one, is the last one!” ‘Not that that statement stopped them six books ago…’

Hearing cheerful cries of approval from her adolescent audience, Claire groaned. “Thank you, Claire!” Nodding her head, the brunette pouted as May lifted the book up for her to start reading. Something told her this would be an all-day sort of deal…

 

She’d have to not let May lead storytime the next time around… She just couldn’t say no to her, even if she wanted to…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Change… so much change has occurred since coming here. And it seems the roughest of the girls even changed. Lily has made leaps and bounds since I arrived. And even after her shortcomings with her parents… she still found a way to stay strong. But, I’m pretty sure she’s better off without them. Leaving in the middle of the night and not returning home for two days, only to find that your parents weren’t even aware of your absence… that had to have been soul crushing. And she must have realized it too.

I’m just proud of Sophia and Alexis for stepping up to be there for her. And anytime I go over there to see them now, I get to see Lily to…

It seemed like even with her wish, a wish to be free of her burdens… it wasn’t me who granted it for her. She had the choice to make it come true all along. I’m just happy that she was able to realize that all on her own…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Lulling her head from side to side as the haunting music enraptured her, Claire shivered in delight with no hidden desire to listen more. Trailing her fingers back and forth resoundingly, Lily played the piano in front of her as the brunette sat beside her on the small bench, many other girls all lining up around them to listen to the child play as well.

After renovating the Daycare, one of the first things she had ordered was a Piano… Lily was surprised, to say the least. But, the noirette was pleased none the less. And it seemed she was getting better with it as well. No longer stuck in the rut her parents had forced upon her, Lily excelled. Crafting music and songs with no names all from scratch, the raven haired girl became rather popular amongst the musically inclined… and their parents.

As her fingers came to a standstill, the final note having been played, Lily’s eyes opened before she blushed. “S-Stop doing that!” Smiling warmly, Claire shook her head before hugging the girl into her side gently. “I couldn’t even if I wanted to. That was beautiful Lily.” Brooding, the younger girl said nothing as she heard the girls behind her clapping.

“I-I’m just doing this because I wanted to play. It wasn’t for any of you…” Kissing her head, Claire giggled before standing up. “And I just listened because I wanted to.” As the brunette was about to step aside however her hand was soon gripped. Looking back down at the child, Lily said nothing as she tugged her downward.

“Sit.” Smirking, Claire said nothing as she sat back down. It seemed the maestro wasn’t finished. But she’d be more than happy to hear an encore…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

I guess all their wishes did come true in the end… even Kai’s. But, I’m still worried I won’t be able to live up to her standards. Wishing to have a sister again, wasn’t something one could easily fulfill. But, with time I really have come to see Kai as a younger sister. She’s a handful, and a pain in the butt half the time… but she’s like the sister I’ve always wanted but never had. Mine were never there for me…

Kai always is…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“N-N-No running in the kitchen! H-Hey put that down! N-No, don’t eat it from the bowl!” Running back and forth hectically, Claire cried out in surprise as two girls ran between her legs. Stumbling as she cradled two plates holding bowls of cereal, the brunette sighed as she regained her balance. Snack time was always a rough part of the job. Who knew little girls could be so voracious…

Jumping as the pair of girls came back for another snatch and grab from the food she was carrying, Claire screamed as she fell over, the food scattering all around her. ‘Owe…’ Rubbing the back of her head in pain, the older girl groaned. This happened more than you would think…

“Need a hand?” Looking up, Claire chuckled as she saw Kai smirking down at her. “Not if you’re planning on tackling the hit and runners…” Feigning shock, Kai grinned before lowering her hand. “Me? But I’m a gentle soul! I couldn’t hurt a fly!” Crawling to her feet, Claire gave the brunette a deadpan look before glancing to her pocket.

“Something crawling out of your jacket.” Looking down quickly, Kai turned all around before blinking. Scowling, the younger girl looked up at Claire as she smiled cheekily. “I said a fly, not a Monster. Look at you, you silver-tongued deviant you…” She sighed, before propping her hands behind her head.

While she still didn’t like the fact the girls played with*Monsters*, she left it to the twins to do with them as they wished. There was certain detail’s to their lives she was happier not knowing about… such as what had happened to Meriam…

Apparently, she had been a project as well. Sophia and Alexis had tried to change her back from her darker side… but it failed. That was all they told her, and she was thankful for that. Picking up the bowls one by one, Claire shook her head.

“So… about that hand?” Snickering, Kai nodded before joining Claire as they both cleaned up the kitchen. It was nice knowing she had her back. Even when it came to the simple things like this…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

 

I think, even as I write this now, though… out of all the ones who have changed, it’s me who I’m the most surprised about. It isn’t simply the things in my life that have changed that surprise me. Taking ownership of the Daycare, obtaining legal custody of Kat and having a daughter at age nineteen. There had been many changes that didn’t faze me like I might have thought would have in the past. What I’m really surprised of… is my acceptance of it all.  I, I was scared. Scared of what life would send my way. I was dealt a bad hand back home… but now, I have a new one. And I learned that it didn’t matter where I was, as long as I had my family with me. My real family…

Words can’t express how much I love them all. Kat, May, Kai, Lily… and of course, my two little loves. Even writing this now though I know how strange it sounds. I suppose it did calm my heart when I found out they were actually older than they appeared, both Sophia and Alexis…

But if I was being truthful with myself, I know that age wouldn’t have mattered with them. They may be younger than me and act juvenile at times… but they most certainly aren’t kids. They’re not monsters either, as much as they fear to be. They're simply… mine…

 

And I take great pleasure in being the one to remind them both of just how much I cherish them, each and every day…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Watching the sunset slowly fall over the horizon of the shimmering crystal waters before her, Claire sighed contently. She was back on the tree dock… she was back home. Out of all the things she had abandoned upon leaving her old life behind, this place was the one thing she truly regretted. ‘I could sit here for hours…’ Feeling a gentle warmth press against her left and right side, the brunette smiled before pulling both Sophia and Alexis closer as they to enjoy the view.

“Is it as you remember?” Shaking her head, Claire felt few tears trail down her cheeks before sniffling. “N-No… it’s much better. Thank you.” Smiling warmly, the twins cuddled against Claire as they watched the sun starting to fall. As dusk began entering the evening skies, Alexis’s hand rose into the air to meet it on queue. “Would you like me to reset it again?” Nodding her head happily, Claire watched in awe as time seemingly reversed itself, and the sun that had finally set, came back into the sky before the process began to repeat like it had over the past view hours. Even in Alexis's mindscape, it still felt as real as if the three were really back in Georgia.

“Thank you…” Kissing her cheek happily, Alexis smiled before clinging to the girl's arm. “Anything for you Claire.” Nodding her head, Sophia mimicked her sibling’s action before burying her face into the older girl’s neck. “Just tell us when you want to leave, and we’ll end our session for the day. But, don’t feel any rush to do so. We love this place as much as you do. It is, after all… where we first met.” She whispered faintly.

Nodding her head, Claire smiled dreamily as she pulled both girls closer. “I know… and that’s why this place is so special to me. It reminds me of you two… and how much you’ve done for me. Thank you.” Resting their heads on her shoulders, both sisters smiled happily as they continued to enjoy their special time with Claire.

 

Even if they did this every night… it never ceased to please them. And it never grew old, since they knew it made Claire happy…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ Morning, Abernathy residence ~

 

 

Yawning tiredly, Claire lounged on her bed as she felt sleep slowly leaving her as she began to rouse. Cracking open her eyes, the groggy girl leaned up tiredly before stretching her arms… well, the one arm that wasn’t pinned down at least. Looking down at her left side, the brunette smiled warmly as she saw her little bunkmate clinging to her in her sleep.

Leaning her head down, Claire planted a gentle kiss on the unruly mop of orange hair beneath her before cuddling with Kat. “Wakey, wakey sleepy cat. It’s time to get up.” Hearing a groan from the toddler, Claire chuckled before pulling some of the bedsheets up to wipe her drool off her face. She’d have to wash the sheets again anyways.

Whimpering as she was woken up, Kat looked around slowly as she regained consciousness. “Mommy?” Pulling Kat into her chest, Claire smiled warmly as she hugged the little girl tightly. “Morning sweetie.” Brushing her mess of hair out of her eyes, Kat looked up before smiling. “Morning!” Hugging her back, Kat clung to Claire happily before cuddling her.

‘Well, this is a good start to the day.’ Usually, it took a few tries to wake Kat up. She tended to be a deep sleeper. Rolling to the side of the bed with Kat still in her arms, the toddler laughed happily before Claire set her down on the ground. “Go brush your teeth Kat and I’ll meet you downstairs for breakfast alright?” Nodding happily, the child leaned forward before kissing Claire’s cheek and running off.

Smiling contently, Claire sighed before crawling out of bed herself. It was a Monday sadly. She’d have to go to work… not that she minded really. It just surprised her the weekend was already over. It had been a relaxing one, to say the least. Stretching herself out, the brunette grabbed her phone from her nightstand before exiting her bedroom and heading downstairs.

Jogging down the steps as she got into the groove of the morning, Claire hummed to herself before giving the not so little black and white kitten on the steps a pet before rounding the corner. It was hard to believe Mittens had grown so much in six months. But, everyone had… even if most of the girls chose to look the same.

But, that applied to her as well. Brushing her longer bangs from her eyes, Claire chuckled. ‘Not much of a change I guess but hey…’ Stepping around the kitchen as she began to prepare breakfast for her and Kat, Claire continued to hum as she checked her phone. As expected like most morning though it was full to the brim with messages.

Pushing a couple slices of bread down in the toaster, the brunette multitasked as she tried to manage her morning. “Let’s see… no new applications for the Daycare. The gardeners rescheduled… perfect. Oh, we made it into the newspaper?” Grinning as she read the small article that had been written for her Daycare, Claire giggled before continuing.

The Daycare really had become a perfect place in the months that followed her ownership of it. With her funds that the twins had generously given her all those months ago, she chose to invest it back into them. Refurbishing the daycare and making it an ideal place for children to grow had been one of the best decisions of her life.

And it seemed it was paying off to. The clientele had tripled in the amount of time she had worked there and the reviews were phenomenal. ‘Not that it really matters…’ As long as she made them happy, then she was content. She was in charge of her lover's current project, and it made her feel needed. Zipping around the kitchen as she continued to browse her messages, a voicemail soon popped up surprising her.

‘Huh, that’s new…’ Opening it up, Claire silently paled as she saw to whom it belonged. “Amelia Artiste… great…” It seemed the blonde wasn’t to keen on her being so close to her two daughters. ‘Let alone inside them…’ Blushing, the brunette shook her head before listening to the voicemail.

“Mrs. Abernathy… my girls requested that you… join us, for dinner tonight… We’ll be expecting you to be here by seven. Don’t be late.” Pulling the phone away bitterly, the younger girl groaned. “She’s never going to like me…” Rubbing her tired eyes, Claire slipped her phone into her pocket before continuing on.

She’d have to plan a bit since it seemed Sophia and Alexis were getting antsy. ‘It’s only been two days…’ But, even so, she missed them too. Pulling the toast from the toaster, Claire moved it over to a plate before calling up to the little cat girl upstairs. “Kat, pack some clothes, we’re spending the night with the twins!”

Hearing a loud cheer from above, the brunette chuckled. Kat liked their sleepovers. Setting a plate down for her daughter right as Kat finished jumping down the stairs; Claire took one look at her before souring. “Kat…”

Laughing happily as she moved into the kitchen, the little Neko looked up at Claire before her ears folded back. “What?” Crossing her arms, Claire continued to scowl as she looked over what she was wearing. “How many times have I told you to stop putting on my clothes?” She was once again, adorning herself in her skimpy tank top, and lace bikini bottoms.

‘How the hell does she keep finding them!?’ It wasn’t like she kept those clothes in her dresser! Pouting, Kat looked away sheepishly as her tail flicked back and forth. “B-But Kat likes these. Does the pretty Mommy not think Kat looks cute?” Palming her face, Claire groaned before scooping the toddler up in her arms.

“Come along Kat, you’re not going out in those anymore. Here, I’ll help you pack for the night.” Ignoring the whines and growls from the cat girl currently wiggling in her arms, Claire shook her head.

 

It seemed mornings were never normal. Not with her family…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

 

“Welcome to Precious Youth Daycare. My name is Claire Abernathy, how may I help you today?” Greeting a pair of parents who were new to the Daycare, Claire smiled happily yes she saw a little blonde hiding behind them shyly. “Hi, we’re looking to sign our daughter up here but it’s her first time coming to a place like this. Do you mind if we show her around a little so she can get comfortable with it first?” Waving her hands, Claire nodded already having heard this conversation a dozen times over.

“I can do you one better. Hey Kat, could you come here please?” Looking to the brunette in surprise, both parents’ eyes turned as they saw a younger girl running up to her. “What is it, Mommy?” Smiling brightly down at her, Claire pointed to the younger blonde behind them before grinning. “Kat, we have some guests here with their daughter for the first time. Would you mind showing her around for me while I talk with her parents? Of course, if that’s alright with you two?”

Looking behind them at the younger girl as she looked at Kat quietly, they smiled before ushering their daughter forward. “That sounds like a wonderful idea. Shellie, do you want to go play with… Kat, was it?” Nodding her head, Kat beamed proudly at them both before looking past the adults and observing the younger girl, if only by a few moments.

“Hi! Do you want to be friends with Kat?” Looking up at her Mom and then back to Kat, the little blonde stepped forward timidly before looking away. “Sorry, she’s a little quiet around people she doesn’t know. I hope that’s not an issue.” Shaking her head, Claire began petting Kat gently as she gave them both a reassuring smile. “Not at all mam, a lot of the girls here are shy. But, that’s why I’m happy to have my little helpers like Kat here. I want all of the children under my care to be happy and feel nurtured like they should be.” She spoke earnestly.

Nodding her head, again, Kat stepped forward before extending her hand. “Does Shellie want to come play with Kat?” Stepping forward slowly, the younger girl soon smiled before nodding. Waving bye to her daughter and the newcomer who she knew would end up staying in the end; Claire smiled back at her parents before directing them forward.

“Don’t worry, she’s in good hands. Kat loves to show all the new girls around. Please, right this way.” Taking the newcomers around as she showed them the Daycare, Claire smiled with pride as she saw their enthusiasm. This would be a short tour. 

As it finally came to an end, she slipped the admission papers forward before taking them back once they were signed. “Thank you for choosing Precious Youth Daycare! We look forward to having Shellie join us next week.” Bowing her head happily, the parents collected their daughter before waving goodbye.

‘And, another one joins the family.’ Hugging Kat into her side as the little Neko giggled, Claire collected the younger girl’s paperwork before heading back to her office. It looked like this was going to be a great week. “Kat, go tell Sophia that there’s going to be another addition here soon.” Nodding her head, the cat girl waved to Claire before running around the daycare in search of the twins.

Moving to her desk, Claire flopped down in her chair before filing and signing off on all the legal documents she needed to maintain now. ‘This used to be much simpler when I was just working at a daycare, not owning one.’ Sighing, she shook her head amused before documenting Shellie. She’d like it here, especially once she was assigned to one of the girls.

Each of them had a certain number of people they looked after so she always had help. Reading over the blonde’s notes, Claire nodded before checking her for May’s group. She was a quiet girl who liked to read and draw. The pinkette would enjoy her company. Stretching her arms out, the brunette sighed before glancing to her desk's drawer.

‘I guess now’s as good a time as any.’ Pushing the documents away, Claire opened her drawer before pulling out a small notebook she had been maintaining for months now. Flipping past the dated pages, her eyes landed on the blank one about halfway in before she reached for a pencil.

 

Monday, March 6th.

 

Today seems like it’s going to be a quiet day. A new arrival just came to the Daycare, her name's Shellie. She’s a cutie too, if a bit timid. After Kat took her around for a tour, I showed her parents around and made them feel comfortable with our Daycare. Progress is going smoothly as usual. It’s been 96 consecutive days now without a fight from any of the girls. It seems their pigmentation as well is glowing brighter and brighter, and that seems to please both Sophia and Alexis greatly. Even so, their pushing plans ahead of schedule…

I know I’ll be sad once we move into phase two of their plan, and they start sending out our friends to other daycares to spread this happiness to them too, but… I know it’s for the best. I just checked the city’s files that Amelia had emailed me last week. It seemed that the crime rate here has declined another 7% over the past two months. It’s only a matter of time now till we get it under the fifty percentile. It also seems like the Twins plans to incite fear indirectly into inmates in the state penitentiary is working as well. With rumors that prisoners are disappearing, it’s become a much more frightening place to be sent now than it used to be.

I can’t help but wonder though if that’s cause for celebration or rebuttal, however. Fear isn’t what the girls want to use to change people. But… I know there are no easy steps to take to reach this end. I just hope I’ll be able to keep them in line as they believe I can. It’s been six months… since I came here, and although I see the things they do, day to day…

They’ll always be my precious little angels, doing what they need to do, to better the future we hope to see one day.

 

Lifting her pencil up, Claire paused from her journal as her nose began to twitch. Sniffing the air, the brunette grinned before snapping the book shut. “Good Morning Kai. How’s your day going?” Looking to her door, the olive skinned girl peeked her head around the corner before grinning. “Hey, you’re getting better at that! Want me to up the dosage and we try again?” She smirked before tapping her nose.

Wrinkling hers, Claire cast a faded grin before slipping her notebook under her desk. “I think the last thing I need is to be able to smell you a mile away. I get enough of your scent as is now.” She sighed. Pouting, the brunette scowled before stepping inside the office. “Oh, the cruelty! It hurts to someone as fragile as me. The pain, i-its excruciating!”

Giving the younger girl a deadpanned look, Claire sighed wearily. “Three out of ten. What do you need Kai?” Smirking, the Hawaiian native shrugged off the older girl’s statement before plopping herself down on Claire’s lap much to her surprise. “What, I need a reason to see my big sis?” Blushing, Claire sighed again before ruffling the younger girl’s hair.

“You’re a pain…” “Love you!” Chuckling, Claire nodded before pushing the documents she had been signing off earlier forward. “We have a new member of the Daycare coming next week. Her names Shellie, what do you think?” Humming as her eyes looked over Claire’s note, Kai nodded before closing the envelope. “I think May’s a good fit for her. Too bad I’m leaving soon. I wouldn’t have minded taking her under my wing. I can see her being a picky eater.” She smiled darkly.

Flicking the younger girl on her forehead, Claire growled. “Stop corrupting my girls!” Grinning wolfishly, Kai laughed before leaning into Claire harder. “Aww, don’t tell me your jealous I’m spending all my time with the Monsters. We could always go out betting again like last time.” She smiled viciously. Spreading her legs apart, Claire smirked as she watched Kai slip from her lap and fall to the floor in surprise.

“Not a chance. I get enough of these shrinking escapades from the Twins.” She shuddered. ‘I would have thought after I joined them they would have stopped shrinking me, but nooo… they have to do it every time I stay over with them!’ It was so demeaning and embarrassing. “Huh, by the looks of it, I’m surprised you’re as descriptive with your wording if you don’t like it that much.”

Blinking, Claire looked down before her face lit up a bright shade of red. “KAI, T-T-THAT’S MY JOURNAL!” Sitting between the older girl’s legs, Kai nodded as she flipped through the small notebook Claire had been writing in a few minutes prior. “I kind of figured it was yours. Either that, or we have one hell of a spy who has a serious chronic cataloging problem.”

Growling, the brunette reached for the younger girl before she rolled under the desk giggling. “K-KAI GIVE IT BACK!” Kicking off her chair, Claire ran around her desk, but the girl was gone! “W-Wow, they put you up there?! And here I thought I was a sadist…” Clenching her fists, Claire looked back at her chair angrily before glaring at Kai, the younger brunette’s eyes taunting her.

“When are you supposed to leave again?! I’m getting pretty tired of this…” She muttered darkly. Flipping the pages back and forth, Kai sighed before setting the journal back on the desk. “Relax, there’s nothing new in there I don’t already know. You think the twins don’t talk?” Blushing furiously, Claire hid her face as she tried to hide her shame.

“Y-Y-You’re such a pain, you know that!” Nodding her head, Kai giggled before opening her arms. “But, you love me!” Sighing in defeat, Claire moved back to her chair before plucking Kai from her chair and sitting down herself. “Yeah, yeah, yeah…” Hugging the younger girl gently, Claire sat in silence for a moment before feeling her arm being patted.

“I’m not leaving for another month, don’t sulk. And you’ll be able to see me every month after that. The Twins said they’d be checking in person on the progress of our Florida branch. Besides, it’s an honor they want me to lead it as their first.” Kai whispered. Resting her chin on the brunette's shoulder, Claire hugged Kai tighter.

“I know… Just make sure to stay in touch. It bothers me even thinking about any of you girls being away from me. You’re my family after all.” Nodding her head, Kai grinned cheekily before patting Claire’s cheek. “Jeez, you’re mushy today. Are you not getting enough loving from your symmetrical overlords?” Crying out as she was dropped on the floor for the second time that day, Kai glared up at Claire before smiling.

“Well, I better get back to work. I have a lot of fun games planned for my girls today! You should come. We can make some bets~.” She purred before standing up. Scowling bitterly, Claire waved her hand in an attempt to shoo Kai away. Here she was trying to be sincere and the little hellion had to ruin it!

Moving to the front of the office Kai was about to turn and leave before tapping her lips. “Oh, by the way, you misspelled something in your latest entry today. But, don't worry… I fixed it for you! Love ya sis~.” Blowing Claire a kiss, Kai chuckled as she left the room in a hurry leaving Claire with a blank expression.

Pulling her journal up, the brunette flipped to her last entry before scowling. One of the words had been erased and replaced by…

Palming her face, Claire growled angrily before reaching for her pencil… wait, what happened to her pencil? Looking around for a moment, Claire paused before gritting her teeth. “DAMN IT KAI, GET BACK HERE!” She was going to strangle that brat!

Running out of her office angrily as she began chasing down her younger half, Claire sighed. Maybe she did fix it.

 

 

 

After all… all of her girls really were her Precious Little Demons.

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

 

Finished...

 

Well, this story at least. Claires is only just begining. I write this now because i had a couple people ask me if there would be a continuation... and i can't honestly tell you yes or no. I love this story. I feel a legitimate bond with it. -.-'

So seeing it end brings tears to my eyes. But i know dragging it through the dirt till the point i strived hard to drive home becomes garbage and i refuse to do that. I've seen some stories before that had great potential, but they were strung so long they just turned into trash.

I'd hate for that to happen to my precious little demons. I didn't make this story at first to make a point, but after pausing to take a good hard look at it, i found one. And i'm hoping a few of you figured out what that point was. :P

If you have any questions left unanswered now would be the time to ask them. Like i said, this story didn't have an ending when i first made it, so everything that came afterwards was a nit together, and i'm hoping i closed all loose ends i might have left open...

regardless, i want to say thank you once again to Franchise Writer for his help with this story. He really was there with me every step of the way like a teacher. Thank you!

I don't know if my next story will be as popular as this one, but i didn't start that one without a purpose like i did this one. There will be a begining, a middle, and sadly and end. I've had plenty of time to think it all through.

So, i hope to see you guys around, and i hope you stick with me for the ride.

 

 

I hope you like the ending. But, it's not the end. :P

 

The story, is only just begining.