- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Finally the good stuff :)

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended
Alex nearly fainted. He'd been shrunk and encountered an enormous woman who also happened to be his mom. The screams of terrified citizens were much louder than they'd been before. Sarah nearly fainted.

"Come on!" Alex yelled to her. "We need to run now!"

Sarah ran behind him and the thousands of others trying to do something to Save themselves from the titanic feet. Alex's mom took another earth shaking step, right onto the edge of the city. Hundreds if not thousands were surely killed immediately from her "light" step. Alex and Sarah were thrown back dozens of feet from the force of the step. Alex's mom curled her toes in the place where she stepped. Alex and Sarah looked back at the brown painted toenails and the insane amount of damage she'd done. His mother's toenails almost completely filled his view, and he was at least a hundred feet (to him, at least) away from where she had her toes. Alex could see the terrified expressions of hundreds of people in the glossy reflection of her toenails. There were people lying all over on the ground, and he could see in the reflection buildings collapsing as a result of the shockwaves from his mother's step. Sarah actually did faint this time. Alex couldn't leave her behind, and he had no choice but to haul her over his shoulder and run.

Buildings were collapsing all around Alex. He was nearly deafened from the sounds of destruction and stomping. He looked back as his mom unscrunched her toes. They were positively enormous. Some buildings miraculously remained unharmed. These buildings were around 1,000 feet, and they were nothing compared to his mother's toes. Her toes were easily at least 5 times the size of the tallest buildings. Alex, being the smart man he is, figured that her toes were around a mile tall, so that meant that his mother was... nearly 68 miles tall.

Alex kept running with Sarah over his shoulder. His goddess of a mother spoke in such a loud tone, his eardrums nearly burst.

"I really need to clean up around here," she boomed.

She steeped over the minuscule city with ease. As she did so, Alex looked up to see her colossal foot pass overhead. Her foot was nearly 8 miles long. The pink skin seemed to take forever to pass. The whole city darkened when her foot was overhead. Some thought she was going to stomp not the city, which she very easily could have done. She was probably just getting a rag, though. His mother thundered off into the distance, the booms her feet were making getting quieter each time, though not by much.

Alex dragged Sarah inside a shop and sat her down. He leaned her up against a wall and went back outside to see what his massive mother was going to do. Sure enough, she went to grab a rag and was going to start cleaning the floors. Luckily, she wasn't near the city yet.

Alex went back inside and checked on Sarah. She still hadn't woken up yet, so he decided to take some time and think things over. It was probably going to get a lot more hectic soon, and this might be the only time he had to think for a while. It was pretty difficult to do with the shrieks and screams of people outside the shop. Were they really shrunken? This all had to be a dream. There was no possible way that anyone could shrink, let alone an entire city. It was all so real though. He could still see in his mind his mother's monolithic toes stomp down on the edge of the city, massacring thousands instantly. He could still see the buildings crashing down and falling apart, all from a simple step his mother had taken.

He was unable to think of anything. He had no idea as to what to do to save himself or anyone else.

Sarah finally woke up. She started looking around frantically and was still frightened by the sights from earlier.

"Who is that? Where are we? What is going on?" Questions tumbled out of Sarah's mouth.

Alex reluctantly answered her. "Sarah, I know this is going to sound weird, but you have to listen to me. This is my house, and that woman? That's my mom. We must have shrunk and somehow teleported here."

Sarah nearly fainted again, and Alex rushed over to her to stop her from doing so.
"You're right. That sure is weird," she chuckled, seeming to make light of the situation.

"You just have to believe me. I know this house like the back of my hand. I might be able to find us somewhere safe, though it will take us quite a while to get there," he said.

The whole ground shook once more. "I'll need to tell Alex to do a better job cleaning up when he gets back," Alex could hear his mother bellow in the distance (the again, who couldn't?).
His mother got up from her knees and began to thunder her way towards the city, shaking the city to its very foundations with every step. The booms got louder and louder, but Alex was beginning to get used to them. It didn't make them any quieter or less frightening, though.

"Stay here, okay?" Alex said to Sarah, who once again had that horrified expression on her face. She just nodded.

Alex poked his out the door and saw his mother's massive frame walking towards them. He saw her feet rising and falling rhythmically, the thunderous booms coming at regular intervals. The whole city went dark again. His mother's enormous foot passed over ahead again, and Alex felt an intense queasiness looking up it. The wrinkled sole seemed to stretch on forever. He saw her gigantic foot slowly descended as it passed by. Her heel passed by Alex's location, and the light from what must be the lamps returned. Other parts of the city were not as lucky as Alex. His mother's heel thudded down on the outskirts of the city with an ear splitting bang. All signs of life in the at least one mile radius were completely obliterated. He could see the wrinkles on the back of her ankle and the very bottom of her heel, with all the debris from the annihilated buildings. When she raised her foot back up dozens of miles into the air, he could see the tiniest red specks on her heel. Alex nearly threw up after seeing that.

Alex returned to Sarah.

"We need to get out of here."

"No kidding."

"Follow me."

Alex led Sarah out the door and to the left. The incessant screaming left a slight ringing in his ears. They ran away from the direction his mother had just walked. In the car, far distance, he could see a huge table, along with a massive couch and television. They must have been at the entrance to the living room, which meant his, his mother's and his sister's room were past the couch and to the left.

Alex and Sarah ran for a bit, but Sarah started to complain of tiredness. Alex was feeling the effects as well. They had to have fun at least a few miles. This must have only been an inch or two at the very most to his mother. At her size, the living room was 20 feet away from Alex and Sarah's location. He didn't even want to do the math of how far they must have been. All the while he could feel the light tremors created by his mother's footfalls.

Alex and Sarah began to run again after their brief respite. They reached the edge of the city and ran out into some strange material.

"Carpet fibers," Alex thought aloud.

"Oh my God," Sarah said. "They're huge! Look at them!"

She was right. They must have been at least a thousand feet tall, but still not even close to the height of his mother's toes.

They trudged on through the carpet. It was like running through a redwood forest, only more than twice as large. On and on they ran, sometimes slowing to a jog or walk but never stopping. Occasionally the light tremors would grow into loud bangs, and sometimes the colossal foot of his mother would pass overhead. Each time, Sarah would grab tightly to Alex.

After running, walking and jogging for hours and out of the city, Alex and Sarah stumbled out onto the wood floor. They both stopped dead in their tracks. What they saw was nearly as shocking as seeing his mother for the first time.

They were not the only city.
Chapter End Notes:
I said I'd finish the chapter tomorrow, and I believe I have. I may go back and add more but I'm not sure. I also added titles to the chapter. I hope this one is longer than the others so far, and I also hope I can match the size of the this chapter with future ones