- Text Size +

Chapter 15: Reunited



Sanders had to fight to keep his jaw from hanging open. Flonne had looked huge, compared to her old self, back in the Middle School, but now.... now she looked utterly massive. Whether she actually was or her being right in front of him gave the illusion of it, Sanders couldn't say. What he did know was that she seemed just as stunned and unsure what to do as he was.

 

Flonne’s size wasn’t the only thing that had changed about her. Her green hair was a big longer than he remembered it and the odd antennas seemed larger as well. Her face had narrowed a bit and looked less like that of a child. And even in her heavy winter clothing, Sanders could tell she was more... developed. The Flonne from before, who looked like a young child, was gone and replaced by one who seemed closer to a pre-teen.

 

A loud meow jarred Sanders from his shock. Pyrrha and the rest were still fighting for the lives and they couldn't afford him losing it now. Flonne might be bigger, but his machine gun would still cause some serious damage to her. He wasn't sure if he could kill her, and honestly didn't want to, but he should be able to hurt her enough to slip away. He tightened his grip on his gun as his finger moved to-

 

Flonne was so happy playing with his younger siblings. No one else had ever treated her as just another person right off the bat and her smile was... beyond words.

 

NO, he couldn't afford to think about that!  He had to do this for the sak- for the sake of who? His eyes couldn't help but look down at the photo on his armor... Sanders' grip loosened as his eyes drifted further down and stopped at the whistle hanging from his neck. His naive mistake, and the cost of it, flashed in his mind. Was he making the same mistake again?

 

No...no this wasn't like with Trent and the others of Patrol 2. They had been friends, but Flonne... Flonne was like another sister to him. And unlike Aviel, she had never been given a chance to pick a side. But he could give her that chance, could make her see that she was on the wrong side, could get her to help him avenge Isabella! He KNEW he could! And even if she didn't, she deserved to make that choice... even if it meant he would have to put her down too... At least... at least he would have given her a chance... and he owed that to her.

 

His mind made up, Sanders lowered his machine gun. Flonne's far away look focused on him as Sanders pushed himself back to his feet. He looked up at the fairy, so high above him and still pointing a ball of wind at him. He forced a smile on his face and tried to relax as much as possible. It...wasn’t that hard actually.

 

"Hi, Flonne," Sanders said more calmly than even he thought he could manage. Flonne had to bite back a gasp as she stared down at him. The ball began to distort and lose cohesion as Flonne's hand started to tremble. She gulped down something in her throat and, after a quick breath, the ball vanished completely. Yes, YES! He KNEW he could get her to, at least, listen to him! If he cou-

 

Sanders' thoughts and optimism were snuffed out, however, as Flonne, suddenly, lunged forward. He barely had time to suck in air to say something before her hand had encased him in her glove. Sanders tried to yell for Flonne to listen, to not do this, but his voice was drowned out by his wool prison and the sudden ascent. His stomach fell into his feet as he was pressed down so hard on Flonne's fingers that he felt her bones, even through her glove. She had taken off, and fast! No, no, NO! He had to stop her! Had to get her to listen!

 

Just as quickly as Flonne took off, though, their ascension ended. Sanders' insides settled back into place as he stopped being imprinted into her fingers. He shook off the lingering effects of his sudden change in elevation and tried to get some words out. They came out as more mumbles and jumbles than anything sensible, however, and he doubted Flonne heard them. Flonne's grip loosened, though, and Sanders pushed himself forward to at least get his head out of her hand. No sooner had he gotten out, though, was he buried again.

 

This time he wasn't covered in woolen fingers, but by a wall of cotton. Sanders had to fight to turn so he could breath and gasped as Flonne's fingers started to tighten again. But it wasn't out of anger, or keeping him still... it was to hug him even tighter. Flonne was pressing Sanders into her chest and, above him, her face had gone from neutral to on the verge of crying.

 

"Sanders...SANDERS!" Flonne cried as tears began to gush from her eyes, some of it landing on Sanders. Sanders fear and worry faded into relief and thankfulness as he turned to return the hug as best he could. He knew he could trust Flonne... knew she wouldn't...wouldn't... Fuck… FUCK he was so glad she hadn't forced his hand… So happy that she was still Flonne and not... Sanders couldn't stop his own tears as he thanked God that he hadn't been forced to hurt Flonne again. The lovable fairy was still in there… even if she was a LOT bigger.

 

"It’s..it's alright, Flonne. I'm here... You don't have to be with these monsters anymore. I'll make sure of it," Sanders said as he climbed up Flonne's hand so he could rub her cheek. Flonne stared down at him, eyes still watering, and began to giggle to herself. She raised Sanders up so he was closer to level with her face and gave him a familiar, and very welcome, smile.

 

"You haven't changed at all, have you?" Flonne asked as she wiped the lingering tears away. Sanders gave a huffed chuckle and started to say yes, but stopped as he looked down at the whistle... at his armor...at the torn picture...

 

"No...I have. More than I think even I realize... But not when it comes to you, Flonne. You're still my comrade, my friend, my adopted sister," Sanders said giving Flonne a smile. Fresh tears looked to well up in Flonne's eyes and she turned away with a rattling gasp. Sanders wanted to hug her, but couldn't reach, so made due with her thumb.

 

"I'm sorry I shot you, but... it was happening so fast an-" Sanders started, but stopped as Flonne turned back and shook her head.

 

"It's fine, I understand. I didn't know if the people with you could be trusted and Aviel... well..." Flonne explained before drifting off. Fresh anger shot through Sanders as he finished her thought. And with Aviel there she had no choice but to be a good little servant. Dammit, as if killing Isabella- Isa- the mission! And the others! SHIT, he didn't have time for this! They were waiting for his signal!

 

"Aviel can wait, Flonne. I don't know what lies she and the others told you, but I didn't kill Isa-"

 

"I know," Flonne answered, causing Sanders' words to grind to a halt. She....she KNEW?!

 

"Angela and the others tried to tell me you were a traitor and got Isabella killed, but I knew it was a lie. I knew you could never do that to her. But I...I acted like I believed them. I...I was scared... I didn't know what else to do. I wanted to come find you, to help you, but thin-" this time it was Flonne who stopped dead mid-sentence. Her head snapped around and looked down toward the edge of the camp. Sanders, confused and wanting to see what was happening, followed her eyes and...

 

Headlights… Two sets from the looks of things. Shit!

 

"We're out of time. I'll get you closer to the last pile so you can destroy it. Make sure you make this look good... and stay alive," Flonne said before giving Sanders a quick kiss. Sanders had barely recovered from it when Flonne zoomed down, looking to be heading for the lights... but also heading for the last pile.

 

Sanders didn't want to do this, didn't want to leave Flonne after reuniting and finding she WAS on the right side... but there was no time to argue, no time to try and persuade her. All he could do was take out the knife in his boot, ask Flonne to forgive him for this, and stab her in the hand.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Marketa swore as another gust of wind blasted into the platform. The entire thing groaned and tilted worryingly, but still held firm. Damn fairies...

 

"Tar-" Marketa started, but stopped as another volley of fire drowned out her voice, "TARGET THE FAIRIES!" Affirmations came from the various gun captains in charge of the typhoons as Marketa made her way back to the command area of the massive tank-like platform. Originally the raised "bridge" of the platform, the new command area was no longer raised up but still had all the comms and such needed to keep SOME order in the huge place.

 

"Ask Henderson how many shots we have left!" Marketa said to one of her sergeants before moving to the radio linked to the crown.

 

"Taylor, are you still with us?" Marketa asked, a bit worried that last blast might have unhooked her. There was a second of pause, causing a bit of despair in Marketa, before the radio crackled back to life.

 

"Still here, Ma'am. There are at least twelve catmonsters still after us and three fairies. More keep heading our way so expect that number to keep going up. The giantesses still haven't made a move yet, though," Taylor said, predicting the other reason Marketa had called her. Marketa swore under her breath at those numbers. Pyrrha might be bigger, tougher, and smarter than your average catmonster but she couldn't win against twelve to one odds. And that was ignoring the fairies and more of both pilling in. Dammit, what the hell was Sanders doing?!

 

"Ma'am, Henderson says he’s down to one shot! Typhoon crews are scraping the bottoms as well!" the sergeant reported adding to the bad situation. Fuck, once the giantesses realized the cannon was out of action they'd charge out and finish them off. And if the typhoons run out too then they'd be nothing keeping the fairies from focusing their attention on blowing the platform off of Pyrrha. This mission was quickly approaching the point of no-

 

Suddenly, Marketa and everyone in the platform was thrown to the side as Pyrrha shifted direction FAR too quickly. Cries of pain and calls for medics erupted through the platform as the unlucky smashed into weapons, walls, railings, or each other. Thankfully, Marketa had avoided all of that, only falling onto the padded floor. She leap back to her feet and felt a wave of white hot fury wash over her. That stupid fucking cat, was she TRYING TO GET THEM KILLED?! Grabbing the radio to Taylor, Marketa sucked in a breath to deliver a savage word beating on Pyrrha, but stopped as Pyrrha's voice came through.

 

"I'm coming Sanders! Hold on!"



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sanders sucked in another frigid breath and blew as hard as he could into the whistle. Flonne had done as she said she would... even going so far as to shred her own wing. Sanders had tried to shoot it, but... He was just glad she had managed to crash relatively lightly a good distance away. She was still alive, but no one would be confused on why she was out of the fight.

 

Sure that Flonne would live, Sanders had landed on the pile of supplies and set to work. With the C4 charge set and ready to be detonated, all he needed was a ride out of here. And the only thing that he could think of that might be heard was the whistle. While it was higher pitch that human hearing, and thus would travel farther, it was still impossible to tell if it would punch through the noise of battle. Still, it was the only thing he had to signal Pyrrha that didn’t involve making a massive bonfire.

 

Giving the whistle another blow, Sanders took a second to catch his breath and look around. The camp was a bit better lit thanks to the small fires the explosions had caused but was still rather hidden away by the night. He tried to pinpoint where Pyrrha and the rest had gone, but couldn't seem to pick them out in the general chaos. At least till he saw a large cat-like form heading his way. Sanders let out of a sigh of relief as the figure rushed toward him. Good, Pyrrha had heard him and now the-... that was odd. He couldn't seem to see the air-cannon on Pyrrha's back. Oh no... I couldn't have fallen off!

 

Sanders started forward to the edge to try and get a better look, but froze halfway there. The figure approaching passed a small bit of flame, and her red fur reflected it with fiery intensity. Shit… it wasn’t Pyrrha...

 

Scrambling backwards, Sanders spun around to look for cover. The flat top of the box he was on, however, gave him nothing to hide behind. He was out in the open, easily seen and easily reached. And rumbling footsteps were getting closer... and quicker.

 

Realizing he was dead if the monster reached the top of the pile, Sanders rushed back to the edge just as the massive catgirl reached the bottom of the pile. It bent down, ready to leap up and Sanders swore as he pulled up his gun and fired a quick burst. His shots went wide of his target, her right leg, and instead nicked her face and her side. Hitting nothing vital, but still surprising the cat, its jump stopped mid-way through and became a leap back. The catgirl stared up at Sanders and gave a loud hiss in fury. Sanders responded with another burst, but the huge thing jinked out of the way. Dammit, he had forgotten how fast catgirl's could move.

 

The massive monster continued around to another side of the supplies, putting the huge pile between him and her. Sanders sprinted as fast as he could to that edge, but had to skid to a halt as a few feet from the edge as the catgirl's hand slammed down on the edge. FUCK, she had already reached the top!

 

Reacting more on pure instinct, Sanders fired not at the catgirl's hand, but the wood it was holding onto. The wood creaked and groaned from the sudden onslaught before breaking away, taking the catgirl's hand with it. A surprised meow came from below followed by the sounds of something huge tumbling down. Sanders moved to the edge and looked down to see the catgirl picking itself up from the heap it had fallen into. Sanders fired another burst down at the monster, yet even knocked down it managed to avoid taking a lethal hit. Dammit, what did it take to kill this thing?!

 

The catgirl hissed up at Sanders and looked about to start back up, but was knocked to the side by a sudden... something. The unseen hit caused it to bang its head on the side of a crate and sent the catgirl reeling. Unsure what had happened, but not going to let the chance go, Sanders fired again and, this time, nailed the catgirl in the head. The barrage of bullets caused it to whine and groan before falling over.

 

Sanders barely had time to let out a gasp of relief when the entire pile was rocked by another impact. Fighting to keep from tumbling off the side himself, Sanders turned to face the direction of the quake and came face to face with yet ANOTHER catgirl. Only this one was far more familiar and far more welcome. Pyrrha scrambled up to the top of the pile and, carefully but quickly, scampered over to Sanders. Sanders ran forward and, seeing the mass of catgirls only a few feet behind Pyrrha, practically threw himself into her waiting hand.

 

Pyrrha's hand closed around Sanders, plunging him into a warm darkness. The warmth was rather welcome, but being unable to see what Pyrrha was doing made it impossible to brace himself correctly. He swore and cursed as he was tossed about and actually yelled when his stomach shot into his throat. The sudden bit of weightlessness ended and Sanders slammed into Pyrrha's palm. The impact shook him up quite a bit, but Pyrrha's palm was yielding enough to keep him uninjured.

 

Sanders had just shook off the worse of the impact when wind began to blast into his pseudo cave. He had to fight to get his feet back under him, but managed it as the crown came into view to the side and a bit below Pyrrha's hand. Taylor had moved from her spotting location to a point near the edge and waved Sanders over. Sanders gave her a nod before taking a running jump down toward her. The wind was buffeting and knocked him slightly off-course, but he managed to grab hold of Taylor's arms and keep from tumbling off. She helped haul him up and kept a grip on him till he had anchored himself onto the crown.

 

"Thanks," he said and Taylor waved it off.

 

"Can't leave the big hero to die from a fall, now can we?" she said, though Sanders was unsure if she was joking or not. And didn't have time to wonder as a sudden blast of wind sent both him and Taylor reeling.

 

"The typ- THE TYPHOONS CAN'T HIT THOSE FAIRIES!" Taylor yelled over the roaring wind and Sanders nodded in understanding. He crawled forward to the stand at the center of the crown and hooked his machine gun in. Hooking the ammo drum back in, Sanders spun the machine gun around to where the fairy was blasting away at them and took aim. He was glad her hair was purple and not green....

 

A spray of full auto was enough to stop the localized tornado and sent the fairy careening into the ground. Sanders whirled it around the other way as another zoomed in for a pass. It only got halfway through by the time Sanders shot her wings to pieces. Four other fairies were still in the air, but all of them backed off as they realized the platform had more guns than just the side-mounted typhoons, now.

 

"Taylor, tell Mar-" Sanders started to say, remembering the explosives. His sentence was cut off as the last pile exploded outward, taking out a few catgirls who had been following Pyrrha with it. Only two catgirls remained in close pursuit and a quick shift in Pyrrha's body got enough typhoons on them to knock them out as well. Pyrrha slowed into a sorta trot as she glanced back at the camp, allowing Sanders to look as well.

 

The place was in shambles now. The small fires had started to spread and a few tents were already on fire. The piles of supplies were nothing but debris scattered all over the place, their contents utterly ruined. Dead catgirls were scattered along the trail of Pyrrha's chase and were joined by two dead giantesses and God only knew how many Reapers. The surviving giantesses were starting to come out, mostly out of necessity as the fires spread while the surviving catgirls seemed unwilling or uninterested in giving chase. Sanders smiled as he looked over the scene, they had done it... they had shown the Society they COULD attack them and, more importantly, forced them on the back foot.

 

They didn't have time to celebrate, however, as the headlights Sanders had seen began to close in. Pyrrha’s ears twitched before her head turned to look right at them. Without being ordered to, she whirled around and started toward the wall. It was time to leave before those reinforcements took to the field.

 

Pyrrha speed back up into a full on run as she made a break for the wall. Sanders looked back and cursed as the rumbling engines got closer. Having gotten a good deal closer, Sanders saw that the lights were from two jeeps and both were heading right for them. One, thankfully, peeled off and headed for the camp, but the other seemed to stay on them. However, it wasn't racing after them, but was definitely keeping an eye on them. Maybe the driver had decided they had taken enough of a beating without risking more losses chasing them down.

 

As they speed away, Sanders' eyes seemed drawn to a spot off to the side of the camp. He was surprised to see a figure standing there, one too small to be a giantess. The spread of its wings, one of which was badly damaged, was all Sanders needed to see to know who it was. Sanders glanced down at the photo in his armor before looking back at the slowly fading outline of Flonne.

 

I'll come back for you, Flonne. I'll get you out of there and together... together we'll stop this madness and avenge Isabella. And then... then we can both go back to our family. Sanders thought to himself as he stared after Flo-

 

A sudden roar of an engine caused Sanders to snap out of his thoughts. Sanders turned and saw the jeep that had been slowly tailing them accelerate so fast it was slipping on the snow, but was starting to get a grip too. Oh shit...

 

"Taylor, do w-?"

"Would have already had Henderson shot if we did!" Taylor yelled back as Sanders cursed. Nothing but the air cannon would even dent the mass of roaring metal that was about to be hurtling toward them. And it was out of ammo...

 

"Pyrrha, go go!" Sanders yelled as Pyrrha glanced back before pushing herself to go even faster. The jeep skidded and screeched as the wheels tried to gain traction, but the snow was making it a difficult task. But little by little it was speeding up, getting a better grip, and gaining on them horrifyingly quickly. In fact, if it hadn't been for the snow, they'd have already been flattened.

 

Pyrrha was only a few feet from the wall when the jeep fully caught on the ground. It rocketed forward with terrifying speed and Sanders heart sank into his feet. Both from the sight, and Pyrrha leaping up onto the wall. Pyrrha landed on top of it and, literally, dived off just in time as a mere second after the jeep slammed into the wall. Pyrrha skidded along the snow a few feet before coming to a stop and whirling back to face the wall.

 

The sudden jump, dive, and landing sent both Sanders and Taylor tumbling like ragdolls with only their belt mounted anchors keeping them from being tossed off. Sanders slammed into his machine gun before being tossed into a nearby pillar, leaving him winded, injured, but nothing broken. Taylor however, was spewing a torrent of curses as she cradled her right arm. Already Sanders could see it starting to swell and knew it was broken, at least. Fuck, if it had been this bad out here, how bad had it been in the platform?

 

Sanders, however, had no time to think on that as the door to the, now crashed, jeep opened. Smoke and the still working headlights made it all but impossible to see the driver, but that changed as the jeep's battery began to fail. The lights fizzled and cut out to reveal the scowling face of Aviel. Any concern of the injuries he and the others had taken vanished as Sanders felt white hot hate burn through him.

 

"AVIEL!" Sanders yelled as he rushed to grab his machine gun. His intended run turned into a stumbling crawl, however, as a wave of lightheadedness washed over him. Dammit, the impact must have hurt him worse than he thought... but it didn't matter, she was RIGHT THERE!

 

"Twice...TWICE! The next time we meet, Sanders, I'm going to enjoy grinding you into nothing but a STAIN!" Aviel yelled before slamming the door of the jeep closed. Sanders struggled to his feet and grabbed his gun and turned it to face Aviel. She was turning to leave as Sanders managed to pull the trigger. The bullets, sadly, deflected harmlessly off her shield. DAMMIT!

 

Aviel turned back, her blue eyes gazing down at Sanders like one would look at a rat that had crossed their path. Sanders didn't back down, however, as he fired another burst which proved just as ineffective as the last.

 

"Make sure you remember this, remember how utterly powerless you are to even hurt me. WIthout the Resistance throwing themselves into our boots or that pet of yours, you'd have died long, LONG before now. You're not strong, Sanders, you just have a lot of meat shields," Aviel said. Sanders wanted to fire back at her, to yell that she was wrong, that SHE was the one that was weak... But he couldn't as memories of Lindsey, Isabella, and so many others flashed through his mind.

 

"Not meat shields, allies, friends, comrades. Something a cunt who betrayed her own team for the illusion of power would never understand. You're the one who is weak. So weak you couldn't stand by your friends and fight. Instead, you turned your back on them and became nothing more than a mere weapon, a tool. Sanders might not be powerful enough to kill you, but he is far more of a human than you could ever hope to be. So crawl back to your masters, help them lick their wounds, and enjoy explaining to them why you wrecked a jeep that is more valuable than yourself, weapon," Pyrrha said with a tone Sanders had only heard out of her in small bursts. He...he stood there, stunned by Pyrrha's words as a small chuckle came from behind him.

 

"Cat's right on that part. You might be a shitty hero, but you're leagues better than a piece of shit traitor," Taylor said. Sanders glanced back at her, still unable to find any words. Aviel's usual unflappable scowl began to twitch and a flash of genuine anger appeared on her face. She whirled around and stormed off as Pyrrha hissed after her.

 

"Fucking over-egoed weapon..."

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Three days had passed since their raid on the Society. So far, it was looking like Darius' plan had worked better than even he had hoped. The Society hadn't appeared at the wall at all, giving Samantha and her people even more time to rest. Even better, observations posts along the rivers were reporting less sightings as well, making it seem like the Society had pulled their patrols back too. Not surprising since now they needed watches to keep an eye on their camps. Add in their loses and their lack of supplies... If only they could manage to get people across those rivers in large numbers...

 

It wasn't all good news, however. Ten of the members sent on the mission had died, either setting the bombs, killed during the chase, or so injured by the rough ride that they didn't make it. Nearly everyone else was injured in some manner, including Sanders, thanks to the near escape from that madwoman, Aviel. And, to top it all off, the platform's straps had proven unable to bear the load and Pyrrha's movements. In fact, it had been a miracle they hadn't snapped at some point in the mission. Which meant the platform was, effectively, sidelined till Jimmy and Kenny could come up with a sturdy alternative. They had managed to keep that a secret, so far, but when word got out the Society would be far less defensive in posture...

 

Derek was jarred out of his thoughts as a knock came from the door. It opened a second later as a guard allowed Terence and Dixie into the conference room. Both looked a bit annoyed which didn't surprise Derek. If the Romans had made such a crazy move without telling them, he'd be a bit... miffed as well. Darius motioned them to two waiting seats and both sat down as Derek joined them at the wooden table.

 

"Let's just get this out of the way, now. I don't care if you expect ME of being a traitor, you do NOT make such a move without asking SOMEONE in our chain of command!" Terence said, glaring a look of fury at Darius. Darius weathered the stare without so much as a twitch as he placed his hands on the table.

 

"I will not defend the choice I made, Commander. Nor do I need to, I think the results speak far more of the necessity of them than any words I could give. I understand your frustration, but you need to get over it," Darius said with all the bluntness of a sledge hammer. Derek winced inwardly and started scrambling to come up with some way of defusing the bomb Darius had just lobbed into the room. Terence's eyes narrowed even further, but it was Dixie who spoke up

 

"Frustration?! You took control of our soldiers, OUR line, launched an attack WITHOUT our knowledge and thin-"

 

"Enough," Terence said, interrupting Dixie.

 

"But, si-"

 

"I SAID... enough," Terence said turning  to give Dixie a calming, but stern, look. Dixie looked less than happy, but leaned back into her seat. With Dixie silence, Terence turned back to Darius.

 

"I want to say you're an asshole, that this alliance is over if you pull something like this again... But you're also right. This has been our biggest win against the Society since this war started. Denying that and being pissed off at you only helps them. And I'll be damned before I ever help those murderesses," Terence said with a heavy sigh. Derek let out his own inward sigh as Darius gave Terence a very rare smile.

 

"Good, then we can move on to making sure I don't have to do this again," Darius said causing both Terence and Dixie to snap to attention.

 

"The traitor," Dixie said and Darius nodded.

 

"Indeed. Kimberly has reported that the Shadow injured in the prison attack is coming around. She is still too out of it to say what happened, but Kimberly believes she will be well enough to talk within the next few days," Darius explained causing Terence to give an approving nod. Originally, only the Phoenixes had known about the Shadow, but Terence and Dixie had been brought into the loop once it was obvious keeping her a complete secret was just not possible. Not without having to move her out of the ICU anyway.

 

"She has, also, taken it upon herself to move the girl out of the ICU and into a general room, under a false name of course," Derek added. He left out the part that both him and Darius wouldn't have known that if he hadn't gone to see Kimberly. He would have been angry about that if he hadn't been busy mak-... well now wasn't the time to think about that. Both Terence and Dixie seemed confused about what that had to do with anything, but realization dawned on Dixie's face.

 

"You want to use her to lure out the traitor," Dixie said, getting the vague hint of a smirk from Darius. He nodded as Terence balked.

 

"No, no that is not acceptable! We would be making the hospital a target and putting everyone there in danger," Terence said. Derek had felt the same way a few moments ago, he still did in a way...

 

"The hospital is a target regardless of what we do. Even if we said we moved the woman here, the Society is likely to attack the hospital just in case they were lied to. Besides, as long as the traitor is free to report their findings, everyone in Rome is in danger. This is a risk we cannot avoid," Darius explained, using the same argument he had used on Derek. And just like Derek, Terence looked unable to come up with a counter to the cold logic.

 

"Commander, Darius' logic is.... well," Dixie admitted causing Terence to sigh and nod.

 

"I know... Fine, at least this way we will have people ready to protect the hospital and its people," Terence relented. Darius nodded before taking out a notepad.

 

"Good, then we can discuss our plan. I want you to….”


Priority One Clearance required for message contents. UNAUTHORIZED VIEWING WILL BE PUNISHED.

 

Captains:

 

A female Shadow operative managed to survive the destruction of the prison and may have information vital to the identification of the traitor. She had been moved out of ICU and into room 372. Tell no one this information, but keep troops ready to deploy to the hospital if needed.


Commander Terence.

Chapter End Notes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoEMaWrQBQM <- Flonne's new theme

You silly billys, did you honestly think Flonne would be evil or not smart enough to know the Sanders killed Isabella story was bullshit?

She didn't believe a word of it and is fighting in her own way. And knowing that means I get to announce Act 3.5 which will focus on Flonne and what happened to her when she split from Sanders. But that's a way off.

For now, though, it looks like Darius and co are planning to use the breathing room to lure the traitor out. The war for Rome is about to hit its climax.