- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

The moment we've all been waiting for!

 

Chapter 4 - False Explanations 5’8”


When I awakened the next morning I started to go through my normal routine as per usual, something felt off though.  I couldn’t quite put my finger on it.  It felt almost as if I had to reach ever-so-slightly harder to touch my low bedroom ceiling.

            Heading to the shower, it seemed as if my apartment had in some way changed from its original state.  I blamed it on being groggy and got in the shower, hoping the hot water would snap me out of my fog.  I spent fifteen minutes standing under the faucet as it rained hot water on my skin.  I began to feel less of the effects of awakening, and decided to get out of the shower to continue my routine as I typically do.

            I had picked out a pair of gray jeans and plain black t-shirt to wear that day, it was a Friday, and I enjoyed ending my school week as casual as possible to transition into my weekend.  The clothing, which I had worn before in the past, felt as if it had been stretched.  The jeans hung relatively loosely on my body, as with the shirt, which I dismissed as weight-loss, maybe an early side effect of the HydroDyoxiBenzine.

            Walking out into my kitchen to grab my morning bowl of cereal, I made sure to take out a pill from the bottle.  I grabbed a cup and bowl, and filled the cup with water from the tap, placing it on the false marble countertop next to the pill.  As I reached to open the cabinet in which I kept my morning cereal, my shirt felt like it had slid up my torso more than it usually had when reaching.  I had that strange feeling again that I was reaching higher than normal.

“Am I going crazy,” I thought to myself, “this is REALLY strange.”  I had no idea how bad my situation would soon become.

            Picking a box of Frosted Flakes I quickly thought off the slight strain I was feeling.

“Fatigue,” I thought to myself, “Fatigue is probably a side effect,” I poured Frosted Flakes into my bowl and returned the box to its original resting place in the cabinet.

I was trying anything I could to explain the straining to reach places that were once manageable to me.  I extracted the half-gallon carton of 2% milk from the fridge and poured it into the bowl of dry flake cereal.  I stirred the contents of my bowl around with my spoon, watching the remaining flakes on the surface become soaked in milk.

As soon as I had eaten my first spoonful of cereal, I picked up the cup and the pill, which were still on the counter in front of me.  Placing the pill in my mouth, I took a sip of water.  Down it went; the next dose of that terrible drug was in my system.  After finishing breakfast, I grabbed my backpack and headed out for school.

 

Chapter End Notes:

I just want to take the time to thank you all for getting this story to 2500 reads!  Also, I have issued a community challenge for any registered member asking for a slow shrinking story.  The challenge is titled 'More Slow Shrinking Stories' I look forward to seeing your submissions!