- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter 19 - Children’s Clothes - 3’4”


I quickly proceeded into my bedroom with the bag of new clothes.  I couldn’t wait to change into something that would actually fit or something close to it.  I tossed the Kohl’s bag down next to the bed and began to rummage through its contents.

I pulled out what looked like jeans.  As I fished them out I noticed I was holding up a pair of children’s overalls.  I tossed them to the side and grabbed the first article of clothing my fingers touched.

I pulled the piece of clothing from the bag and realized it was a button-collar baby blue polo shirt, something a mother would dress her toddler in.

“She got me toddler’s clothing,” I realized in my head, “I can only fit into small children’s clothes.  Angela must see me as the child I’m becoming.”

My heart sank as I tossed the shirt aside with the overalls.  I then grabbed the weighty bag by the handles and dumped the contents out onto the floor.

I was horrified by what fell out of the bag onto my bedroom floor.  Along with the assortment of clothes a mother would dress her small child in to go to church was a plastic package.

Reading the label stung like a slap to the face, ‘Pampers Cruisers’ was plastered across the front in white letters accompanied with a picture of a smiling baby.  Angela had bought me a package of diapers.  

My knees gave out beneath me and I dropped down on the floor, as I began to sob.  I was nothing more than a baby to my neighbor, the woman I saw as a second mother.  Tears flowed from my eyes like a river.  I couldn’t handle the sheer shock of the past few days that, once again, came flowing back to me in that moment.

I don’t know how long I had been lying on my bedroom floor, but I realized I had become very hungry.  I pushed myself up into a seated position on the floor and wiped the tears from my face.  I looked up at the clock which read 6:15; realizing I had rolled around on the floor crying for the better part of two hours I decided I needed to do something to try to make myself feel a little better.

I stood up and looked at the pile of clothes on my bedroom floor.  The diapers stared me in the face.  I reached down and picked up the package of baby’s undergarments and tossed them angrily to the wall which I had been using for measurements.  The weight was heavier than I expected and the momentum from tossing the diapers nearly sent me sailing across the room with them.

I looked at the clothes I had on.  The jeans looked like an uglier version of bell-bottoms and the shirt hung down to my knees.

“Great,” I thought angrily to myself, “now to choose my clothes from the children’s section.”

I picked up the blue polo I tossed to the side with the overalls and found a pair of khaki colored shorts.  I still needed underwear, so I began rummaging through the pile until I found a pack of superhero boxers.

“I guess being the size of a child isn’t too bad,” I thought to myself.  I was a big fan of Marvel comic superheroes.

I opened up the package and extracted a pair spotted with pictures of the Avengers.  I then hurried into the bathroom to try on my new outfit.

 

Chapter End Notes:

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAACK!  Sorry for the long wait again.  I've been searching for inspiration.

I am proud to announce that we are sitting at a hefty 42,250 reads!  That is insane guys!  As always I appreciate the feedback and outpouring of support for this story!