- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

So, my name is WrittenVoreArt, also known as Written, or by my acronym WVA. So, I shall be the one writing chapter three for Insect Nobility. Now, judging by my name, you probably know what I’m going to write about. OR DO YOU? Anyways, I suppose you’ll have to read to find out. Normally this would have been chapter five, but oh well, it’s all good.

 

 

Melissa had never been one for tears, but with the fact that she was likely shrunk at this height for the rest of her existence, it was obviously deeply upsetting. Deep down inside, she really wanted to appreciate the slight gesture from Taryn, it was at least some comfort to know she had someone on her side, but in this moment, she couldn’t handle this feeling of pity. Turning around she shouted right at Taryn “Leave me alone!” She couldn’t find any other words to say, she simply wanted to be left alone “That’s an order!” She commanded afterwards, with Taryn being reluctant. Taryn nods back, and walked away slightly, hiding herself behind a bookshelf not too distant to let Lady Melissa sulk for a little before re-approaching her.

 

Melissa wanted to grab the book and tear out the page, destroy it, humiliate it, burn it. Unfortunately, the obvious realization that it was just a piece of paper and wouldn’t feel the horror of having crossed Melissa this way came to her all too soon. She tried to look on some sort of brightside, at least she had Taryn, right? When she looked up to see Taryn had obediently obeyed her, she almost wanted to snap again. Even though Taryn was nearby, she didn’t know, and was stuck in her position, and began to panic. “Please come back!” She shouted in the hopes perhaps Taryn could hear her, but it served no purpose. Taryn couldn’t hear her, despite being close in the rather barren library. Melissa was both frustrated and hopeless at the same time, she both wanted strangle and hug someone for comfort. How could the world be so cruel to her? Her simple little joke had turned into quite the mess she could potentially never get out from.

 

Taryn peered from behind the bookshelf, only to see her in distress. Something uncommon, but it somehow seemed worse than before. Filled with concern if someone were to spot her distressed crush, Taryn called out to her, despite putting herself potentially at more risk to receive some of the Lady’s anger. “My Lady, could you use my help?”

 

Melissa looked up, feeling awful from both the situation at hand, yet oddly a little relieved to know Taryn was still there to aid her. Perhaps living small could have been worse, at least she hadn’t ended up dead. Melissa, though ashamed to admit she needed the help, nodded, and Taryn walked over to help her. “I’m sorry that you’re in this situation my Lady” She comments, gently scooping her up with her left hand. Neither had other words to say.

 

“Yeah, yeah” Melissa muttered, normally she would complain of the situation she was in with Taryn’s palm, but she was far too drained to say anything else. Taryn heard footsteps, and gently placed Melissa in the bag before turning to face the gentleman walking inside. The man considered promptly to be one of the greatest knights of all the land, Sir James Richards walked right into the library. He was smart, strong, fierce, and kind. He personally had taken somewhat of a fancy to Lady Melissa, though he kept it private. His golden blonde hair shone bright despite the somewhat dark appearance of the library itself.

 

“Hello, dear Taryn.” He addressed her. From peasants to the highest nobles, he often paid the utmost respect, whether it be warranted or not. “I’d like to apologize for the situation at hand. I know it must be hard dealing with this situation. I know you and Lady Melissa were very close” Not many people knew of Taryn’s crush on Lady Melissa, but one who had figured it out was Sir Richards. He never said anything of it, respectfully keeping it a secret.

 

“It’s fine, you’re not at fault for anything” Taryn comments, holding a slight smile. Sir Richards was a kind man, and was knowledgeable. Perhaps he could help the two of them?

 

“Alright then. If you have any news of the whereabouts of the Lady, I’d love to know. I don’t feel like slaying a dragon or something to slay her, but if I must, then I shall” He joked slightly at the last part to perhaps lighten the mood, but it didn’t work very well. He just respectfully nods and leaves.

 

Taryn silently just walks home, the protests Lady Melissa had made to herself when the two walked to the castle had been completely gone during this trip back. As Taryn walked into her rather dirty house, she softly removed Lady Melissa from her bag, and Melissa had done quite a bit of pondering while she was in the bag.

 

Being under the assumption no spell existed, Melissa had slipped back into her former attitude towards Taryn. If she could never be returned to normal height, and obviously never put into power, she at least would never have to worry about any sort of relationship with a peasant concern her, most would probably think that she just disappeared and eventually give up looking for her. She tried to dismiss these thoughts, as a large part of her didn’t want to buy into these thoughts, but with her newfound hopelessness at the situation, she looked to the only positive she had left.

 

Taryn carefully brought Melissa up somewhat towards her face to clearly hear her. Melissa held a smirk, which normally meant some sort of game or order. “Taryn, I have good news for you”

 

“What, what is it milady?” Taryn asked, she had a million hopes, as was often said when the lady presented good news.

 

“I’ve decided that I shall stay with you for as long as I remain this small. If you’re lucky, then perhaps I’ll consider allowing you to indulge yourself in some of your fantasies” Melissa commented, she wasn’t fully throwing herself to Taryn, she still had her pride and reasons not to fully commit herself, but saying this did help distract her from the horrifying realizations of her situation.

 

The simple words that barely promised anything felt like absolute heaven to Taryn. Her blush was almost a bright as a rose. Much like the situation in the library, she didn’t know how to respond.

 

“You’ve done well in helping me” Melissa began “And, I think it’s only fitting that if there is no chance that I can be returned to normal height that you are the one to take care of me.” Taryn nodded, excitedly. “Now, I suppose we should get some rest, today has been draining to say the least.” Melissa adds at the end.

 

“No disrespect my Lady, but it’s roughly only in the afternoon.” Taryn answered, hoping her response wouldn’t mess anything up.

 

Melissa sort of wanted to make a comment about what had been said back, but due to how drained she was and how much she’d prefer to not displease the one who’s currently many feet bigger than her, she decides not to. “Alright, well, then perhaps we should eat then. I am sort of hungry, guess I haven’t noticed since we’ve been pretty busy since we got here”

 

Taryn nods and gently sets Melissa on the bed before walking towards where she normally cooks. It’s like a fireplace with two upward facing bars on the side, allowing for something to be hung from the both so that the fire from the fireplace heats it. “Unfortunately, with my meager living expenses, I cannot prepare you a feast as could be done back at the castle”

 

Melissa grumbles slightly from her spot on the bed. She was standing as opposed to sitting, as this bed was rather uncomfortable. She tries to push away these thoughts and simply waits to see what Taryn is preparing. Taryn had been saving up, so the quality of what she was making was slightly better than normal. As opposed to a stew that normally was only filled with water and vegetables, there was a little bit of meat inside as well. Considering how much she made, such a meal was a luxury, but Taryn could think of no better time to expose this luxury.

 

After a few hours, of which felt likes days to Lady Melissa, the stew was finished. Taryn carefully poured herself a bowl before looking to the tiny lady Melissa sitting on her bed. How exactly would she end up eating? It’s not as if she could easily devour a bowl of stew at her height. This is something Taryn had slightly been oblivious to as she was simply concerned with feeding herself, and hopefully pleasing her company. Carefully she brought her bowl to her bed and looked down at Melissa, carefully thinking of how her tiny companion would end up eating. Gently, Taryn grabbed some of the meat from her stew and pulled off a little piece for Lady Melissa before handing it to her, before beginning to eat by herself.

 

Melissa looked at the piece of meat she was handed. Even this seemingly tiny shred of meat that had been ripped off was about her equivalent in height. She could likely use the shred for three meals! Taking this thought, she looked up to her massive companion, being reminded of just how small she was. Such a thought angered her, so she pushed it aside and carefully ate a little. It wasn’t the worst thing she had eaten, but it was painfully obvious Taryn lacked the seasonings that generally only the nobility could afford.

“Thanks, Taryn” She mumbled slightly before taking a few bites. She was already full after doing so, and just sat, watching Taryn. At her size, she could sort of sympathize with the tiny vegetables and such Taryn ate. The only thing that disturbed her, is that those vegetables were likely larger, perhaps not in height, than her body. Thinking like this further disturbed her, so she poked Taryn to try and grab her attention, perhaps pull it away from thinking of such a thing.

 

Taryn didn’t feel the poking, but finished up her meal shortly after. Seeing that lady Melissa was done, she tossed the tiny scrap away. Normally she wouldn’t do so, but as of course with her saving up, she had plenty of food remaining. Taryn swiftly changed to her night clothing, and laid down on her bed, making sure to avoid accidentally squishing lady Melissa. Taryn gently put Lady Melissa onto her right breast as she had done on the first night, smiling. Lady Melissa wasn’t as displeased as she had been on the first night.

 

When the two both awoke, there was a small sort of note on the inside of the door. Taryn was able to make out what it read while still on the bed. “I know - James” Taryn breathed lightly. She wasn’t sure what he knew, what he would do with this information, or if it was just some sick sort of joke he was playing on her. What she did know was that Lady Melissa was still with her, and now awake as well. “I have no idea what to make of this” She comments

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Drama? Perhaps not as dramatic as the second chapter, but I think it works. I was worried of whether or not it fit in, but I think it works. Anyways, good luck DyingSanity on the next chapter.