- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks Nostory for the great concept!

What makes us who we are? What makes us an individual? Is it our looks? No. That can't be for what about identical twins? If it's not looks than what is it? Tonight we meet a woman who is going to find the answer in tonight’s episode "While you were away..."

 

 

The first thing I feel is the air against my skin. The goosebumps on my arms and legs. As I open my eyes I see strange blocks of concrete jutting from the ground. The ground. It's pavement. I croon my neck to look around and I'm assaulted by a sharp pain coming from my temple. "Ow shit!" I yelled. My voice echoed. My hand touched the place it hurt. "Blood. Dried blood? How did I get hurt?" I ask myself looking at the flakes of dried blood on my palm. As I get adjusted to my surroundings I notice these concrete blocks aren't blocks. "What the hell?!" I ask myself. They have broken windows! Tiny doors! Is that a car?! "What kind of place has miniature models of things? “So realistic" I say picking a car up. I began peering into buildings. "Incredible. Someone spent a lot of money to furnish them with tiny furniture. Is that a grocery store?" I said seeing another building.

 

My god. Shopping carts. Tiny packages on shelves. Whoever owned this had too much time on their hands. A tiny clatter of movement caught my ears. I looked around and saw something. A door was rattling. "Aw. Some mouse or something is stuck inside. Hold on little guy" I said pulling the door open. What I saw was weird. A tiny doll man. I picked it up and damn near pissed myself when it cried. "You're hurting me! Please put me down!" he yelled. I dropped him. I backed up scared shitless. "Ow" he said rubbing his arm. "What are you?!" I yelled. He looked up at me and remembered.  He backed into the wall. He began cowering and whimpering. He was scared of me. "How are you so small?" I asked. He looked at my face. "You won't hurt me?" he asked. I shook my head. "What are you? You're not a bioroid are you?" he asked. "What's a bioroid?" I asked.

 

"Guess you're not. If you're not a bioroid then how are you so big?" I asked. "I'm not big. I'm 5' 11"" I said. "No you are not. I'm 6' 1"" he said. This was a miniature town right? "So I'm a giant?" I asked. "Yeah. Where did you come from? Are there more like you?" he asked. "More like me? I...I don't know. Everything is so confusing. What is this place?" I asked. "Before it went to shit this town was Sarasota" he said. "Sarasota Florida?!" I yelled. He covered his ears. "Sorry. Why does it look deserted?" I asked. "Of course it would be. After the purge most of the world is like this" he replied. "You really don't know anything do you?" he said.   "I don't know how I got here or why I'm so big" I said. "I see. My name's Justin. What's yours?" he asked. "Alice" I replied. "Well Alice it's going to get dark soon. I need to build a fire" he said. I picked up what I know now was a full grown oak tree and snapped it like a twig. I dropped the wood on the street. "Uh thanks" he said gathering it.

 

He built a fire which barely gave me any warmth. Must be wintertime. Usually it's slight warm at night here. "So you have no clue what happened to you? What's the last thing you remember?" he asked. I had to think. "I remember picking up my little brother from soccer practice and stopping at a red light. After that waking up here with a headache" I said. "So you remember your family?" he asked. "Yeah I remember that. I remember mom and dad. My younger brother Barry and my older sister Felicia" I said. I shivered. "Come closer to the fire" he said. He stared at me. "Am I making you uncomfortable due to my size?" I asked. "No...it's just...nothing" he said looking away. "What about you Justin?" I asked. "Me? No family. Lost my parents to bandits when I was 8. Looked after myself since" he said. "I'm sorry. Must've been tough" I said. "Well the last 10 years hasn't been fun but it could be worse. Could've been caught by bioroids" he said. "So you're 18?" I asked. He nodded. "Wow you're a year older than me" I said. He smiled. "What's a bioroid?" I asked. His face turned serious. "Organic killing machines that look identical to humans. You never know who one is unless you speak to them. Soulless fucks" he said tossing a stick into the fire. "And this purge?" I asked. "I see you know nothing about them. Don't know how that possible. Guess I should begin from the start. Decades ago some scientists invented nanomachines. Tiny fucking machines that build shit on the molecular level. Idea was to create better computers. New age shit. Not long after someone thought organic computers were the thing to do with them."

 

"As so they created the first organic computer called Oracle. It was a hit. Then they decided to make an organic computer with a human body. A mobile interface as they called it. The first bioroid was made. Years passed and bioroids were involved in the military and economies of the world. Everything looked great. A nice and shiny future. Well it turned out it wasn't. In the core programming of bioroids there is one major law they must follow. Preserve the human race. Safeguard it from harm. From what the older folks tell me it all changed in an instant. Our future turned to dust. Bioroids are cybernetically linked like their own internet. They share information in a have mind. Thousands got together, tens of thousands, and decided that humanity was in danger. In order to save it humanity must be culled to more manageable numbers."

 

"It began with EMP strikes all over the world. Nukes detonated in the upper atmosphere wiped out jets, tanks, all kinds of machines except them. What we had accomplished in the last 300 years was gone within an afternoon. Then came the plague. A virus created to cull the population. By the end of the year 95% of humanity was gone. The bioroids are still out there watching us. Making sure we don't breed past acceptable numbers" he said. I was speechless. "When? When did this happen? How could I miss all this?!" I yelled. "Well it all began in '22" he said.

"2022?! It's not 2016?!" I yelled. "No, it's 2057" he said dumbfounded.  I sat back awestruck of the news. "What happened to me?' How can someone just lose 41 years?!" I cried.  Justin sighed and looked at the fire. I cried for a few minutes.

 

"Everyone I loved is gone. I'm alone now" I sobbed. "Well not alone" he said standing up. "You won't leave me will you?" I asked. "Naw. I'm too curious about you" he said. "Thanks Justin" I said. We fell asleep soon after.

 

Morning came and I was starving. Justin was gone. "So he did leave me" I said. "You wake I see" he said coming from behind a building. He was dragging a deer behind him. An arrow sticking out of it. My stomach growled. "Guess you're hungry" he said. He cut off a piece of meat and tossed it on a rock near the fire. The smell made my mouth water. "Eat the rest. This is all I need right now" he said. I was so hungry I snatched the deer up and ate it raw. Justin watched in amazement as a full grown buck was devoured in seconds. It helped but not much. "Still hungry" I said. "Well the area back that way is teeming with game. The only upside to so many dying is it's easy to hunt now" he said. I strolled off. The sun warmed my skin. I hadn’t taken notice of my clothes until now. I had spandex white pants and spandex shirt. Both white. On my feet were cloth and rubber flats. Also white. Where did they come from? They moved easily as I walked. The shoes were comfortable on my feet. Perfect size.

 

 In the good daylight I got a better idea how big I was. Somewhere between 225 to 240 ft. I could see for miles. A herd of deer were grazing not far away. I ran after them. My footfalls shook the surroundings. "Gotcha!" I said grabbing a couple on my hands. Their antlers poked my skin but it didn't hurt. I squeezed my hands tight to avoid dropping them.  A series of cracks came from my hand and they stopped moving. "Oh" I said realizing what I did. I had crushed them without even trying. How strong was I? I came back to Justin and dropped them on the ground. "Fuck me" he whispered.  "Yeah they got kinda crunched" I said. Justin ate his meat as I ate mine he thought I didn't see but he stared at me as I ate. "You're still scared of me aren’t you?" I asked. "It's been awhile since I saw a girl pretty like you" he replied. He immediately blushed. "Thanks. I feel better knowing that's why you were staring at me" I said.

 

It felt nice to be the object of attraction. Gave me a bit of normalcy in this crazy place. "Justin? I want you to know I'll never hurt you okay? It's important to me that you understand" I said. He smiled and nodded. I looked at him harder. He was cute. A bit on the dirty side but cute. His black hair had dust all in it. His body was muscular. No doubt from walking everywhere. His tanned skin had scars on it. A rough life indeed. He glanced up at me and I quickly looked away. He chuckled. The awkward moment ended when we both heard a whine. Something was in the air and approaching. He pulled out binoculars. "It's a bioroid specter!" he said. I strained my eyes and saw something human shaped coming toward us. It passed overhead. "Guess it didn't notice us" I said. It arced. It was coming back! "Don't bet on it" Justin said. The bioroid touched down. "A jet pack. It really is the future" I muttered.

 

Amazing! Even though I was told they weren't human but they looked exactly like one! This one here looked like a man in his 20's about the same size as Justin. Low cut brown hair. Stood straight. He was looking around methodically. "Uh...hi" Justin said. "Human. You are outside your designated zone. Explain" he said. "I was looking for food" Justin replied. "Irrelevant answer. Food allotment has been met" he said. "It's not enough! Mothers are miscarrying because they're not getting enough nutrition!" Justin yelled. "Is that true?!" I asked. Justin nodded. "Irrelevant. Human equilibrium has been met. You have not given enough reason for your transgression. You will be taken to processing facility 21 for genetic recycling" he said. "NO! I won't be taken to the horrific place!" Justin yelled. He pulled out a gun and aimed at his head. "Weapon detected. Reassessment...you will not be recycled. You have been evaluated as a dangerous component to the system. You will be terminated" the bioroid said.

 

The thing held out its palm. It began glowing red. "NO!" I yelled using my palm to shield Justin. A beam hit my flesh and burned it. "Ah shit!" I yelled. It looked at me. "You are an unknown entity. Further evaluation is required. Uploading data" he said. It closed his eyes. "Fuck is it doing now?!" I yelled. "It's telling the others about you! Kill it before it can report our location!" Justin yelled. I raised my fist over it and slammed it down as hard as I could. Justin was knocked off his feet by the shockwave. I felt it crunch and pop under my fist. Blood oozed under it and between my fingers. I raised my fist. "Oh Jesus" I muttered. It bled red alright. My fist had formed an indention in the street. The bioroid was flat as a pancake. His blood mixed with mine on my scraped knuckles. My hand was shaking. I couldn't feel the burn or cuts. 

 

"Did you get him? Did you...oh...yeah you got him" Justin said looking at the smushed corpse. "I've never killed anyone before" I muttered. "Welł he would've killed me and his buddies you. Don't think too much about it" he said. "Easy for you to say. From my perspective it was just last week I was worried about acing my finals. Now I'm a killer of an artificial person. One I killed with a fist like it was an insect" I said. "Dwell on it later. We gotta go now. I'm not confident you killed it before it uploaded the GPS coordinates for this place. Can you run us out of here?" he asked. I picked him up and ran. My feet crushed derelict rusted cars. My legs knocked over streetlights that have long since died out. I must've crossed the dead city within minutes but I kept running.  I was in great shape from being a cheerleader so it took some time before I was tired. When I stopped running we were long gone from Sarasota.

 

"That's good. Put me down so I can see your hand" he said. I put him down and sat down.  I gave him my right hand. "You got some tough skin. Just a first degree burn. If he shot me I'd have a hole in me the size of a baseball" he said. "What was that? A laser?" I asked. "Yeah. Bioroids can use the nanomachines in their body to create whatever they need. A wireless transmitter booster. Infrared scanner. In his case a laser" he replied. "Genetic recycling? Is it so bad you'd kill yourself?" I asked. Justin was quiet. "A few years ago there was this girl who lived in a camp with me. 19 years old and already itching to do things older folk were too scared to even try. She rallied others to fight the bioroids. Push them out of Florida. She began forming resistance cells. Shit was working. We began pushing them farther north until they were caught. A bioroid had snuck in dressed as a teenage girl. Didn't say much but the men there didn't care. They saw fresh pussy. The bioroid told the others what she found and they swooped in."

 

There were over 100 people in that cell. Another 200 civilians. By the day's end only 23 resistance fighters remained and 57 civilians. They were carried off for genetic recycling. I managed to hide in some swamp water. I saw the dropships take people I came to love away. 3 days later they returned...different. Like someone stole their souls away. When I asked what happened they gave me a look like I was crazy. "Why would we fight them? They take care of us" they said. Not one spoke against the bioroids. A few weeks later at the communal shower I noticed they all had scars around their groins. It took me time to put it all together. The bioroids turned off the aggressive genes. Genetically neutered them. That's not all. There was one glaring factor common in all of them and I should have seen it as they were taken away."

 

"None were over the age of 25. What made them candidates instead of casualties was the fact they were reproductively viable. Protection of the species remember? No. I'd rather die than go to that place. A place where they control my emotions with a flick of a genetic switch" he said. "Justin. You said your parents died because of bandits. Why are you at that camp? Were you a resistance fighter?" I asked. Justin stopped cleaning the burn. "Yeah but I grew up" he muttered. I felt stupid and foolish for feeling guilty for killing that bioroid. "So where to now?" I asked. "We head to Sanctuary 11 and stay there until the heat dies off" he said. I carried Justin to cut down on time. He was utterly quiet. No doubt thinking of painful memories.

 

"So what's Sanctuary like?" I asked. "It's a town where bioroids said we could live. About a 1000 or so live there. It's my home" he said. "So why were you running around?" I asked. "Like I was trying to explain to that bioroid people need food. Local game doesn't come around anymore. We have to venture out further. That deer I caught would fetch about 300 credits" he said. "That a lot?" I asked. "Enough to live off of for a month" he said. "And the people?" I asked. "Nice folk mostly. Just trying to live. Not easy with bioroids checking in from time to time to see if our numbers went up" he said. "And if they do?" I asked. "The old ones are terminated. Having a baby means someone's grandparents die" he said. The shock of that made me stop asking questions. "What about people in your time? Is it true you could go to places and get food and supplies at any time?" he asked. "Yeah they were called Walmarts" I said smiling.

 

"Hmm...and cars? Were they fast?" he asked. "Depended on the car. Mine was a topless Camaro so mine was fast" I said. "Wish I could drive a car" he said. As I walked he asked more questions. He asked about movies and TV. He had read discarded magazines and was curious of what he saw. "So television was free?" he asked. "Yep" I said. "Sounds like paradise. Oh...here we are" he said.   I looked on and saw what he called Sanctuary. There appeared to be hangars there. A runway with derelict F-18's. "Is this an airbase?" I asked. "Was. This used to be one of the airbases for the Florida air national guard. Look at them those jets. Once mighty warplanes before the EMP. Now just fancy looking rusted scrap" he said. A fence surrounded the camp. I stepped over it and as I did the people outside finally saw me. Screams and shouting erupted as they ran to the hangars. "That was kinda hurtful. Am I that scary?" I asked. "You're a 250 ft. teenager. What were you expecting?" he asked. "Not to be treated like Godzilla" I replied.

 

As I walked closer I could hear crying and whimpering. "Set me down" Justin said. I sat Justin near the hangar doors. "Guys open up. It's me Justin" he said. Those doors didn't open. "Yeah a giantess is outside but she's friendly" Justin said. Nothing. "Oh for the love of" I said yanking the door open. Four men were holding the door closed and I moved them and it as easily as one would open a mailbox. God the screaming! "Uh hello everyone. My name is Alice" I said trying to sound as friendly as possible. The screams died down but they were scared out of their minds. "Alice lower your hand" he said. After I did Justin stepped into my palm. He began jumping up and down. "See? She's harmless. In fact she killed a bioroid" he said. "She probably is one! How else would someone be so big!" a man shouted. "I don't know how I got this big but I can assure you I'm not a bioroid" I said. A gust of wind blew dust into my face. I sneezed. "AAACHOOO!"

 

"Look! You ever hear of a bioroid sneezing?" Justin said. They all looked at each other unsure. From the group someone emerged. A boy no older than 6 stepped forward. "Come on over" Justin said. The boy trotted over to my hand. He looked skinny and filthy. His face though through the grime shined with innocence. "Ricky come back!" a woman shouted. Curiosity got the boy. She climbed onto my palm. His dirty bare feet sunk into my flesh. So cute! He was so tiny. Like an inch tall to someone like me. The group gasped as I raised my other hand. I gently petted his dirty blond hair. "Hi Ricky. I'm Alice" I said. "You're pretty" he said. "Thank you. Your mommy looks worried. Why don't you check on her?" I said. He claimed off and ran to her. The woman hugged him tightly. "Now do you understand?" Justin said hopping off my hand.

 

I sat down and watched as people came out. They stared and gawked at me. I felt embarrassed.  "Where do you come from?" an old man asked.  "Daytona Beach" I replied. Everyone looked at one another. "Justin told me it’s 2057. I'm from 2016 or that's my last memory before waking up to this" I said. "So you have no idea why you're so big?" the old man asked. "Not a clue. Last memory I have is sitting at a stoplight in my car" I said. "And you say she killed a bioroid?" the man asked Justin. "Killed it? Fucking flattened it!" Justin said. The old man nodded. "So you brought her here?!" the man asked. "I couldn't just leave her! She's all alone!" Justin said. "Yes you could've. Your hormones got in the way. Think boy. They will look for her and you brought her to the biggest settlement within 50 miles! You just painted a target on 926 people!" the old man shouted.  "I'm not turning my back on someone in need" Justin hissed. "I'll go. Thanks for trying Justin" I said standing up. I heard Justin calling my name as I walked away.

 

I didn't walk far. Maybe a couple miles. Truthfully I didn't know what to do or where to go. I sat down on an old highway. Little cars that died in their tracks dotted it. I slipped my shoes and flexed my toes. As I did I noticed something was off. I couldn't put I finger on it though. I stared intently on my big toe like I was trying to remember something. My head! Every time I try to remember something it throbs! My frustration caused me to start crying. How long did I cry? Don't know. I stopped when my stomach growled. There was some forest and swamp to the east. I went off searching for something to eat. The irony didn't escape me. Here I was in the future and out foraging like I was a cavewoman. I held my shoes in one hand as I stepped into the marsh. The grime and watery algae seeped between my toes. Movement in the water caught my eye. I snatched whatever it was up.

 

"Holy shit!" I yelled. I caught a gator! The thing was trying to death roll out of my grip until I squeezed. It made a weird hiss and stopped moving. I was so hungry I bit his head off like a crawdad and spat it out. I devoured the thing within seconds. It wasn't bad. Tasty in fact. Being so tall it was easy to spot animals. I ended up eating gators, deer, and rabbits. Rabbits were almost pointless. Even the biggest was like eating a tic tac. Took me two hours to get full. Only thing I didn't eat was armadillos. Tough ass things. I returned to the highway and gazed at the direction of Sanctuary. I thought about that boy. Skinny from malnutrition. Dirty clothes and face. Didn't even have shoes. My troubles seemed insignificant compared to his. "Maybe I can help them anyway" I said to myself. I went back into the swamp. Further in this time. As crazy as it sounded I caught and killed every animal I found. Even a stray dog. I shoved them into my shoes since I had no pockets or a bag.

 

It was nighttime by the time I came back. What little lights they had were few and dim. I dumped out the animals I had caught and left. This went on for two days. On the second night I saw more lights on. Faint happy sounds came from the hangars. As I dumped the catch of the day a teenage boy was out near the fence with a girl. They looked up at me. "Shh" I said as I dumped the catch on the grass. Then came the third night. As I returned I saw a plane or craft. Five people with flashlights surrounded more than a dozen people. "How did you get this food? The nutritional allotment has been exceeded. Who is responsible for hunting beyond your designated Sanctuary?" one said. Shit! Bioroids!

 

They're in trouble because of me! I have to do something! I got nearer to them. The people saw me and looked up. Curiously the bioroids didn't bother to look at me. They had to know I was coming up on them. My footfalls alone should have alerted them. One bioroid, a woman, grabbed a young girl from the group. "You will explain this action and tell us who violated our rule or I will terminate the human child" she said. Her small hand glowed as she pressed it against the little girl's head. The child wailed for her mother. The mother screamed for help. Help from me. I bent down and tapped the bioroid on the shoulder. "I think you're looking for me" I said. She turned around and looked up at me. "Lifeform unknown..." *WHACK!*

 

I plucked her as hard as I could. The woman sailed a good 30 ft. before landing. Her friends turned to me. "Previous unknown lifeform found. Surrender for cataloging" one said. The pointed their hands at me. "Fuck off!" I said swatting three of them like bugs. One was still standing. "Shit!" I yelled as his hand glowed brightly. I shielded my face with my arm. The laser hit my sleeve...and did nothing. "I'll be damned" one man said. The bioroid looked confused and then glanced at his friends. The three I swatted were trying to get up. The one I flicked was down. "Engage tango. Pattern delta" the bioroid said. He took into the air. I grabbed him. "You ain't going anywhere" I said. I squeezed my fist and felt his bones crack. I looked into its eyes as I put the pressure on. His expression wasn't of fear. More like someone who calmly knew they were fucked. A final squeeze and blood and viscera erupted from his mouth. I dropped the body.  

 

The three surrounded me and fired. Body shots didn't do a thing. "Ow fucker! That's my hair!" I yelled as a laser beam hit my scalp. I grabbed one and tore his head off. Another I swatted hard and it hit the runway with a wet smack. There was only one left and it took off fast. I jumped...and missed. A sharp pain came from my ankle. I glanced down. The one I plucked was trying to kill me. She moved broken but every few seconds she got better. "They can heal!" a woman shouted. Well damn. Need to end this. I placed my bare foot down on her. My toes pinned her arms down. Shit! I can feel her actually pushing my toes off her. They're strong! Not strong enough though. With some added pressure I felt her ribs crumble like a stale cracker. I glanced at the people. The mother and child held one another. The faces were stern. I knew what they wanted.

 

"I was told you all talk to one another. Tell the others this before you die. What the humans feel every day. Hopelessness before a stronger enemy. Not being able to do anything except try to survive? I will make sure any who try to hurt them feel that. Know this tiny bioroid. I won't hide anymore. Humanity is under protection. Do you confirm this?" I asked. The female bioroid looked at me and them. "Confirmed" she said. "Good" I said slamming my foot down. A fountain of blood shot up coating my toenails. Her body squished between my toes. A gruesome sight but none looked away. "I told you. Told you she would bring trouble" a man said. It was the old man. Their leader. "She saved my daughter!" the woman said. "And how will she save the other daughters or sons for that matter?! They still have access to the old world weapons! A plague bomb or poison gas! Can she stop that!" the old man yelled.

 

"No I can't but aren't you tired of just sitting around being told what you can eat. What you can think? How many kids you can have? Where you can go? Justin told me that the old are exterminated as soon as a baby is born. Tell me old man. Are there any here about to give birth? Don't you worry that the want of a child may sign your death warrant? Don't know about you but I rather fight and die free than live as an animal in a zoo" I said.

 

"So what do you propose we do?" a familiar voice asked. "Justin!" I said grabbing him. "Nice to see you too Alice" he said grinning. "I really don't know. When I was a cheerleader the football coach used to say a good defense is a good offense" I said. "We already know what happens when we fight them" a man said. "But now you got me" I said. The man waved his hand mockingly. "No wait. You saw how they acted around her.  Like she was unnoticeable. They only reacted when she interfered. It's like she's invisible to them" Justin said. "Did you see how she wasn't hurt when they shot her" a teen boy said. "Yeah that was freaky" I said. "Can I take a look?" Justin said. I sat down and he got close to my ankle. He began touching my pants leg. "Weird. The fabric is shiny. I can actually see my reflection in it. Maybe this fabric protects from lasers" Justin said. "Fuck lot it will do when they gas us like roaches" a man said.

"Then we need to stop them before they can do that. Does anyone know if they have a base or something?" I asked. The crowd around me turned to a woman. She was in her 30's. Her tiny face had a scar running down her cheek. "Oh fuck you guys" she hissed. "Kim. It ain't no secret you involved with the resistance" the old man said. "I don't work for them. I just scout around and report what I see" she said. "Why don't I know of this?" Justin asked. "Less people who know the safer I am" Kim replied. "So? Do they have a base?" I asked. "Of course they do. Those genetic recycling centers are just drops in the bucket compared to what they got around here. Closest threat would be their deployment base 30 miles southeast of here. They serve deploy their forces ordered from Southern Prime" she said. "Southern Prime is a myth" Justin said. "No. It's real. Very real" Kim said. "I'm missing something" I said.

 

"Okay. Remember when I said bioroids are linked to one another? Well the idea is that there has to be a central hub that manages all that. Rumor was there was a hub right here in Florida. The resistance called it Southern Prime. But it's a myth. Anyone who had gone to look for it never came back" Justin said. "Well duh kid. It's their fucking most important base in southeast North America" she said. "Then we go smash it" I said. "You think it's that fucking simple? You think these bioroids tonight were about anything? They were small fry. The weakest of their class. As soon as they learn lasers won't hurt you they'll switch to something that will. Bioroids adapt to anything" she said narrowing her eyes. "She has some good points Alice. Bioroids learn fast as shit. They'll be ready for you next time and they won't just be specters you'll be fighting" Justin said. Now my confidence was cracking.

 

"Specters are recon. They make up maybe 15% of their forces. I'm sure they'll send sentinels next. They are the backbone of their forces. Faster. Stronger. Adaptive. Hell, they might even send vanguards" Justin said. He shuddered. "No they won't risk them. Vanguards serve to guard key installations. Power plants. Communications. Southern Prime itself. I doubt even a 250 ft. girl can withstand a laser cannon from one of them. They are heavily armored and bigger. 15 ft. on average. They can kill hundreds in minutes" Kim said. Justin gripped my toe. He was shaking. He was genuinely scared. "Whatever. We have to go" I said. Kim shook her head. "If we doing this then we need to go visit a cell. I know where one is" she said. "And what about us?" the old man asked. "Have everyone leave here tonight. Just go" I said. "Leave? That's your answer?! What happens when they hunt us down?! What then?!" he yelled.

 

"I doubt that'll happen. They'll be too busy hunting me" I said. It was a mad scramble getting all 1000 people out of there. I led the group with them following close behind.  We got about two miles before 3 drop ships screamed past us. I could see in the distance them hovering over Sanctuary. "They know we're gone now" Justin said riding my shoulder. The drop ships began to move toward us. "Shit! Spread the word! Cover yourself with mud and lay in the swamp water! Don't let their infrared see you!" Kim shouted. As surreal as it sounded hundreds of people wallowed in mud. The others dashed into the swamp water. Their searchlights scoured the ground and swamps. "Stay low" I whispered to the people in the mud. I got on my knees and elbows and used my giant body to cover them. Hopefully whatever kept me from being noticed before would work.

 

I glanced behind me. That searchlight began on the soles of my flats and began working its way up. "Alice. I can't get down! They'll see me! They'll see me and expose the others!" Justin yelled. Shit! He was still on my shoulder! I had to think fast. I grabbed him and tossed him into my mouth. Gross! I can taste the dirt and sweat on his clothes! Justin must be petrified. Scared of being detected or swallowed or both. Aw man. My saliva is building! My mouth is watering because he's in there! Just go away! That searchlight was beaming in my face now. I held my breath. Its engines vibrated my body it was so close. Mercifully it left. I didn't dare move until it was far away. I held out my palm and spat Justin out.

 

"Christ some warning please!" Justin said coughing. "It was the only thing I could think of" I said. "That was terrible. I thought you were gonna swallow me" he said. I looked at him. "Alice? Are you..." He said as I placed him on the ground. I walked ahead. "You are clueless when it comes to women" Kim said. Nobody said a word as we walked. They were too scared those drop ships would return. It was late. Very late before we decided to stop. Parents carried sleeping children. The old leaned on one another. "We'll rest here tonight. Tomorrow we'll make our way further east to Sanctuary 12" the old man said. I sat down. I rubbed my bare feet and saw Justin sit next to me. "You're pissed at me" he said. I nodded. "Why?" he asked. "How would you feel if someone you loved thought the worst of you?" I asked. "Hurt I guess. Wait? Are you saying you love me?" he asked. I didn't answer.

 

"Come on. Answer me" he said tapping my leg. I nodded. He sat back. "Wow. We've only know each other for a week" he said. I glanced down and then looked up at the moon. "So you don't love me back" I said. I felt a pinch on my big toe. "I didn't say that. It's just sudden you know? Most of my life I've been moving around. Trying to survive. Never had time to think of girls. Truthfully, my first time liking a girl wasn't that great" he said. "Oh? What do you mean?" I asked. He looked away. When I was a kid I had a crush on a girl. My family got permission to transfer to a new Sanctuary. The girl I liked, her family traveled with us. Halfway there a team of bandits attacked" he said. "Are these that same group of bandits that killed your parents?" I asked. "Yeah. They killed our parents. Looted our food and supplies and one of them grabbed the girl. He was about to..." he said shaking.

 

"Before he could do it a vanguard that happened to fly by saw us and swooped down. Tallest woman I ever saw...until you. 18 ft. at least. Black armor. Her hair was white as snow. Her eyes blue was the sky. Her demeanor was like cold death. "You have terminated humans unlawfully. They were under protection. Explain" she said. One bandit ran. She raised her hand and a laser blast hit him. Nothing left except ashes where he was. His friend grabbed the girl and pointed a gun to her head. "I know you value some degree of human life so back off robo bitch or I blow her brains out!" the bandit yelled.  The bioroid woman turned to me. "Your group was heading to Sanctuary 9 correct?" she asked. I nodded. "Sanctuary 9 reported the birth of a human female last month. This one is redundant" she said. Her entire arm turned into a laser cannon. The bandit panicked and fired his gun at her"

 

"The bullets bounced off her armor except the one that hit her forehead. We watched as the bullet was pushed out of her skull and fall to the grass. Without missing a beat she fired back. I watched as the girl I crushed on was vaporized with the bastard that killed my parents. "Threat eliminated. You are free to go" she told me. Damn thing flew away as a burnt cone of ash and bits of bone was next to me. I just sat there in shock for maybe an hour.  I heard the sound of wild dogs howling and barking. Now I know they were attracted to the smell of death. I ran. I ran as fast as I could and didn't dare look back.  Never gave my parents a proper burial. So if I come across as easily scared or slow to trust it’s because that's what kept me alive for the last 10 years" he said.

 

"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings" he muttered. "Sorry for scaring you like that" I said. "Eh. You did what you had to do. It...it wasn't too terrifying. Warm really. A little smelly like gator bait" he said. "Hey!" I yelled. "Just being honest" he said. "Well you taste like fucking gym socks" I said. He sniffed himself. "I can see that. Been a few days since I used the communal shower" he said. "If you two lovebirds are done patching things us we need to get some rest" Kim said. After the adrenaline wore off I realized it was a little cold tonight. I glanced down at Justin who was shaking. I gently picked him up. I pulled back the collar of my shirt and laid him on my skin. The collar covered his body like a blanket. My heart beat a little faster feeling his little body on mine. He woke up. "Alice?" he asked. "Shh...it's cold and I saw you shivering. You don't like it?" I asked. "It's nice. Nice and warm" he muttered. We got up and moving again as the sun rose.

 

Man I was tired. Shit everyone was. We got like maybe 4 hours of sleep. We had to keep moving. It was slow going. We stuck to the swamps. Some parents were too tired to carry the younger kids. I volunteered to help. It was cute. A half dozen kids no bigger than my pinkie snoozing away in my palms. A bunch more holding to my hair enjoying the view. Soon however Kim stopped us. "Time to split up. Sanctuary 12 is that way. Our destination is this way" she said. The group was frightened. They had green accustomed to me being there to protect them. Me leaving made them feel naked. What broke my heart was hearing some of those kids begging me not to leave. I couldn't cry. That would just make it worse. "Kids. I have to go. The bad robots are looking for you. I have to go fight them to protect you" I said. A girl around 5 or so walked up to my feet. I bent down. "You're coming back right?" she asked. With toe fingers I gently picked her up. Placing her in my palm I stroked her hair.

 

"I promise" I said. The group left. It was just me, Justin, and Kim. "How far away is it to Sanctuary 12?" I asked. "Roughly 12 miles. If they stay off the main road they should be fine" Kim replied. I stared at the 1000 humans trading their way to safety. "Alice. We have to hope they'll be fine" Justin said. "This way. We'll take this trail here" Kim said. We walked for a few hours. I myself grabbed what wildlife I found. Kept me from starving but I saw it unnerved them. To save time I had Kim and Justin ride on my shoulders. Kim reluctantly agreed. "We'll come up to a hill shortly. Take a right there and follow the stream" Kim said. "You really know this area well. It can't be just from wandering and scouting for the resistance" Justin said. "It’s not just that. My father and grandfather taught me these trails. Some of these trails are as old as the conquistadors of old Florida. It's tradition to know some of this stuff" Kim said.

 

"Tradition?" I asked. "Yeah. I'm one third Seminole" Kim said. And here I thought she was part Cuban or something. Now that I glance at her I can see it in her. Her black long hair. Mocha colored skin. "Thanks for believing in me" I said. "Believing in you? Alice was it? Alice, I don't know what the fuck you are. Seriously. If you’re not a bioroid than what the fuck are you? That question there is what scares the shit out of me. Another question that for some reason nobody has asked is if there is anyone else like you out there. I was content with my life until you interfered. Now we're tromping towards a resistance cell on some mad idea that we can destroy a force powerful enough to control the world" she said pissed.

 

"You know...before I woke up in this shit pit of a world I was a junior in high school. I got good grades. Popular. Even a boyfriend. Cheerleadered my ass off. People thought shit came easy to me. Nope. Had to work at it. Dad told me that in order to have good shit in life you have to work at it. My hardest class was American History. Studied hard but I did learn. Back in slavery times there were slaves that lived in the master house. They got the best food, best clothes, good beds, best treatment overall. At the end of the day though they were still fucking slaves. It doesn't matter how easy you think your life is. Without freedom it doesn't mean jack shit" I said. Kim was stone silent.

 

Kim stayed quiet until we reached a field. She told me to stop and let her down. "We're here" she said. "There's nothing here" I said. "Yes there is. Underneath us" she said. She walked ahead and stopped. She brushed off dirt and then beat her foot on the ground. "Whatever happens don't interfere" she said. Me and Justin wondered what she meant by that. A steel door flew open from the ground. Kim was yanked in by a pair of hands. The door closed. "Fuck just happened?!" I said. Me and Justin sat there not knowing what to do. "I’m going in after her" Justin said. Just as he approached where she disappeared the steel door flew open once more. Out came Kim and a man in his 40's. "Guess you weren't lying" he said. Kim had blood coming from her mouth. Someone had punched the shit out of her!

 

"Kim! Are you alright?!" I yelled. "I'm fine. Me and Commander Daniels had some unfinished business to take care of" Kim said. The man stared at me. "And you say she's not a bioroid?" Daniels asked. "She claims not to be. If I had to say I don't think so either. Too much emotion. Too human" she said. "It's rude to talk about someone in third person" I said. I got on my knees and got much closer to him. "I plan to kill some bioroids. Heard you can help with that" I said. He looked skeptical. "She's invisible to them. They can't see her" Kim said. "Fuck you mean they can’t see her?! She's blotting out the fucking sun as we speak!"  Daniels said. "Again rude" I said narrowing my eyes. "I saw it myself. They didn't even acknowledge her until she engaged them" Kim said. "Fucking quit acting like I'm not here!" I said slamming my foot down. A sharp pain shot right up my leg. "Ow! Motherfucker! Fuck is up with the ground here!? Hard as shit!" I said. "Because you just stomped soil reinforced with lead" Daniels said. "Who the fuck would do that?!" I yelled. "The army of the old world. Welcome to Fallout Armory 22 or The Forge as we call it. Something left over from the Cold War or whatever that was."

 

"From what we gathered this is a hidden armory designed to survive a nuclear war. Whatever soldiers survived could be armed from here to fight off an invasion. We found it couple years ago digging for edible plants and roots. "What’s down there?" Justin asked. "Assault rifles. Ammo. Grenades. Hell we got tanks that still run down there. This whole field here is the armory. Man they were either paranoid or optimistic back then" he said. "How many men do you have here?" I asked. "Just under a hundred. We're kinda tight so it's more like family than soldiers" The man said. Kim scowled and walked off.  "Unfinished business" he whispered. "If you want our help there a few things we need you to do first" he said. I nodded. "First thing. I want doctors examining you. I'm not fully convinced you're human. Second. A trial run. I want to see if you being invisible to them is real" he said. "Sounds fair" I said. "Good. Kim. Justin. You can come with me. The doctors will be up here shortly" he said. Justin and Kim went below. Minutes later a man and woman in their 30's came out.

 

"Wow. They weren't kidding. You're really that big" the male doctor said. "And you have no idea how you came to be so large?" the female doctor said. "No. I just woke up in Sarasota this size and a massive headache" I replied. "Well I guess we should begin then" the male doctor said. "Um...what are you gonna do?" I asked. "Take some blood, urine, and skin samples to start" he replied. "This gonna hurt?" I asked worried. I hated needles. "Ma'am I have no idea. Now hold still" he said. I watched the small man pull out a needle and jam it into my skin. He did it several times. "I can't pierce her skin" he said. He lunged down and he looked at the needle. "Sonofabitch it broke! Betty, get the tungsten one!" he yelled. The woman gave him a new needle.

 

He backed up and ran full speed at my shin. He slammed into it. "Finally!" he said drawing blood. "Does it hurt?" Betty asked. "No. I don't feel anything except maybe a tickle or itch" I replied. He drew his blood and began scraping my leg with a knife. "Okay now that settled I'll have Betty run these down to med bay while I move on to other things" he said. After Betty disappeared into the armory he went to my feet. "Stick your feet out. Soles facing out" he said. The small man began running and poking my bare soles. "Remarkable. Barely any blemishes. They perspire and smell. "Well I'm sorry if my feet smell" I said annoyed. "Don't be. More proof you're not a bioroid. They don't perspire like normal humans. Do you feel this?" he asked. I couldn't see him but I felt something poking my sole. "Yeah it tickles!" I said. The feeling stopped and he came from around my foot. Was he smiling? Why was he tugging his pants up?! Did he have a hard on?!

 

"Well your reflexes are in the human range. Tell me um Alice. Do you remember having periods?" he asked. I had to remember he was a doctor. "Yeah I do. Haven't been here long enough to know if I still do. Why?" I asked. "Well the biggest difference between bioroids and humans is reproductive organs.  They can look like ours but no plumbing so to speak. I'm going to need to check that out" he said. "Fine but have Betty do it" I said. "Betty doesn't specialize in that. I myself have studied gynecology" he said. I didn't like his leering. "Well I'm sure Betty knows what a fucking uterus is" I said. "Alice I'm a doctor. You don't need to feel embarrassed" he said. "Listen carefully. I want a female doctor. Don't argue with a 250 ft. girl. Especially one that knows you were rubbing your puny dick on her feet" I said. With that he left and returned with Betty.

 

Due to my size it wasn't just as simple as a poke and prod. Betty was wearing what appeared to be some kind of radiation suit. The man stood there with arms crossed. Even with the he suit on I saw Betty was scared. "Sorry to ask you to do this but you understand why I wanted a woman for this" I said. The woman nodded. I tugged off my pants. I had no panties on underneath. "Now lie on your back and set your legs up with your feet down" she said. I glanced at the man who was smoking a cigarette watching intently. Seconds ticked by and I felt Betty stick her leg inside me. I gasped. "You alright?" she asked nervous. "F- fine. Please continue" I said. My breathing quickened as she shoved her body inside me. Betty was about halfway in when she was stuck. My walls were too strong for her to just wiggle through. "Jesus" I whispered. 

 

To get it over with I put my fingers on her tiny ass and pushed. Slowly. Very slowly I did this so not to freak her out. Well, when my pussy closed and swallowed her up she did panic. She began to struggle and fight. "Oh god. Stop. Stop please. Don't move around!" I cried. Her sensations were making me horny and wet. "It tight and dark! I can't see where to go!" Betty cried over a walkie. "Alice here will stick a finger inside her. Just go the opposite way to you hit bottom" the man smirked. Go did I want to squash this guy. He found her panicking in my cunt amusing as shit. I did stick my finger inside. All the way past my knuckle until I get her body. Her struggling faded. "Ah! She's going deeper!" I cried. Just as she touched my cervix I came. My toes curled and ripped up grass. My pussy convulsed. I came down and realized someone was inside me. I felt no movement.

 

"GET HER OUT!" I screamed. The man ran to my sopping wet cunt and felt around.  Still sensitive it sent shivers up my spine as his tiny hands groped around. "Get the fuck back! You're not helping!" I screamed. I shoved him back and slammed my fingers inside me. I felt her and yanked her out. Her mask was fogged up. She was breathing! My hands shook. Tears fell from my eyes. Betty tore off her mask. She looked up with fright for just a second until she saw my face. "I’m sorry! I’m sorry!" I cried. I think Betty realized what happened was an accident. "So what did you see?" the man asked. "I'm fine Frank thanks for fucking asking. I swear the giant girl here who nearly killed me shows more concern! To answer your question she's utterly human down there. I even got to see her womb. She's no bioroid" Betty said.

 

They left me there as I put my pants back on. Justin came up. "You okay?" he asked. "I just got dildoed by a tiny woman in the name of science. No. Not okay" I said. I lay down on the grass. Just walked up to my face. He pressed his face to my lips. He kissed me! I felt myself blushing. "You needed it" he said. I began petting him. Not just his head but his muscular chest. My finger traveled to his pantsed crotch. Just hummed quietly. I had to concentrate not to laugh as he tented out his pants. He grabbed my finger and kissed the tip. "I love you" he said quietly. That moment there was the happiest I could remember...literally. Our intimacy was interrupted by the commandeer returning with Kim.

 

"I've been informed that so far everything checks out. The blood work will take more time but so far what I've heard...and seen indicates you're human. That being said I've putting together a strike team with you included to take out a nearby bioroid supply depot. Do this and we can discuss taking out Prime" he said. "Deal" I said. "Good. The team will leave at first light" he said leaving. Justin watched them leave. My stomach growled. "Time to hunt I guess" I said. "Take me with you. Rather be with you then them" I said. We wandered off a few miles. I depopulated the area of game and ate. Justin ate a haunch of deer. A drop ship roared past and Justin hid underneath my leg. He emerged as the drop shop left our sight. "Probably heading to Sothern Prime" he said. "Where is it?" I asked. "Who knows? Some say Miami but I doubt that. Others say Naples. Best guess is straight south. Anyone who goes that way doesn't come back" he said.

 

"Hope it's not Miami. That would be depressing. Spent spring break there once. I had this red bikini on and..." I was saying until I noticed he was looking deep into my eyes. I lowered my hand down to him and he stepped into it. I brought him to my face. I playfully licked his face and he grabbed my tongue and kissed it. Weirdest and most erotic French kiss I ever got. I began undressing him. His worn out boots came off followed by his socks. Then his faded jeans and shirt. Justin was naked. First time I ever seen him naked. Even being small his cock was still a nice size. My finger teased his balls. "Alice don't tease me" he said. "Then tell me what you want me to do" I said. "Suck me. I'm not afraid anymore. Suck me" he said. I kissed his naked chest and began licking his crotch. Tiny little dick was rock hard as I sucked it in. "Oh god! Alice it feels incredible! That's it baby. Suck me!" he cried.  

 

My lips blew him until I opened my mouth and let his lower body slide in. His hands gripped my upper lip as he groaned. I sucked his lower body like candy enjoying his taste. Meaty and sweet. Manly. More flavorful and nicer than last time. His body began jerking as he came. Tiny spurts of cum coated my teeth and roof of my mouth. I was amazed at how much it was and how easily I could taste it.  Justin hung limply from my mouth. I extracted him slowly. "That wasn't too much was it?" I asked worried. "No...it was amazing. So warm" he said. I cleaned him off with my shirt and he began chuckling. "What's so funny?" I asked. "Your nipples are hard as diamonds" he said pointing to my breasts. True. Giving him the greatest blowjob known to man made me horny as fuck. "If you're going to stare then get a better view" I said pulling my top over my breasts. "Whoa" he said whispering.

 

"So what other reactions you got going on?" he asked. I looked down at my crotch. "Can I see?" he asked. I slipped off my flats and pulled my pants to my ankles. "Please don't stare. It's embarrassing" I said. Justin hopped off my hand and walked over to my cunt. He touched my lips and I gave a quiver. Seeing that he squeezed my clit. Standing on his tip toes he was masturbating me. "God. Justin...." I said until I felt his body lean against my pussy and he began fucking me. "Oh god. I'm fucking a giant pussy! A giant pussy of a beautiful girl!" he cried out. His little body was trying its best to breed me. "Fuck me! Fuck me Justin! Make me feel something other than loneliness!" I cried out.

 

He looked up at me. No longer with lust but looking at me with tiny soft eyes. "You'll never be alone again. Alice! I love you! Uuugh!" he groaned. His body jerked as he shot his tiny load of semen in me. Oh how I wished he could fill my womb. To carry his essence. His child. We were utterly exhausted. He was resting on my foot as he looked into his reflection in my toenail. "I meant what I said Alice about not being alone again" he said softly. "So you'll be with me forever? Sounds like a proposal" I said chuckling. He turned behind to look at me. "Yeah. So will you say yes?" he asked. "You're serious?! I'm only 17!" I yelled. "So. Why would you think...oh. Of course you wouldn't know. Alice, ever since the massive die off. Humans have had issues staying alive. As you noticed there aren't any hospitals around so people die of disease and infections... a lot. Bioroids encourage us to procreate at early ages so it’s not unusual to have couples as early as 12. Guess how old my mom was when she died" he said.

 

"24. Keep in mind I was 8 when she died. What we're about to do. What kind of world we live in. Why wait?" he said. This bit of news hit me like a bomb. I once figured I would marry out of college maybe like 23 or so. Then again I never thought I'd be 250 ft. tall living in an apocalypse. "So what is it? Don't leave me hanging" he said. "Yes" I said quietly. He smiled and began kissing my toenail. “I think you have a thing for my feet. Especially my big toe" I said. "Well you do have the nicest feet I've ever seen. Not one callous or scar" he said. "Okay. If you're going to be my husband then what part about me you like best?" I asked. He pointed to my right breast. "My tits?! That's what you like best?" I asked. "Your heart dummy. You had possibly the worst shit happen to you and still you been a good person. You do realize a 250 ft. girl could do anything right? Eat people. Crush them for fun. Fuck. You could jam me up your ass just for giggles. Not you. I'd want to kill the world if I woke up and saw I lost everything I known and loved. Believe me I know."

 

"Your true strength isn't your size. It's your heart" he said.

Chapter End Notes:

commercial break