- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

and now back to the show

Felix was dressing himself when I finally spoke. "There's something you should know. I've...I've already cloned you once before" I said. Felix stopped trying to put his little shoes on. "You did what?" he asked. "It's just we had so much fun the last time and I missed you so badly since" I said. "Sandy. You should've have done that! That shit is expensive!" he said. "I know!" I yelled. "You sued the insurance money didn't you? Dammit Sandy! That's for you and the baby!" he yelled. Felix tossed his shoe in anger. The tiny thing hit the carpet with barely a thud. Felix was livid. I've never seen him so pissed. Even when I told him what my parents thought of him he wasn't like this. "After this don't you clone me again" he said. I touched his cheek. He brushed my finger away. "You bastard. You think this was easy for me?! You left me alone! Alone with an unborn child! You have any idea what it was like to have some dirty fucking man knock on my door to tell me you were dead?! To confirm it was you lying on a cold fucking slab?!"

 

"Seeing the other half of my heart cold and lifeless in some morgue?!" I screamed. "You were gone and then by some fucking burial policy you were back in my life...for a week. It's like tasting the sweetest most delicious cake in the world and then having someone snatch it away from you. Excuse me for wanting to not accept the reality of you never seeing your child born. The reality of never having another Christmas, birthday, or anniversary with my husband" I hissed. I heard quiet sobbing from Felix. The truth was cold and viscous and I used it in the worst way. I should've said nothing and let him be mad. Instead I hurt him. I laid on the bed still in my nice dress. I cupped my hands around him as he cried. My tiny husband hugged my finger and wept. This was the moment he realized what he really was deep down. A copy of a man dead. One with two days left to live. One that will never experience what human life was all about.

 

He was very quiet for the next two days. Not even sex cheered him up. What have I done? On the last day he was lethargic and barely moving. He looked exhausted. Memento Mori had called asking if we wanted to come in. I refused. "It's almost time" he said. I nodded. "Sandy. Will you use me one last time? Even if I'm just a copy I still have feelings for you" he said. Felix began taking off his clothes. I planted kisses all over his body. I sat him on my chest and he began playing with my nipples. He crawled like an infant down my belly and slid off me. With soulful eyes he began to fuck me. I closed my eyes and focused on the feeling his tiny body gave me. My finger rubbed his back and cute ass. With a grunt he came.

 

Before I could say anything he climbed my leg and made his way to my right foot. His head was buried between my big and second toe. His little tongue licking away. I just watched him as he worshipped me. To him it wasn't a fetish or kink. It was proof of his love. He began to move slower. I picked him off my foot and inserted him feet first into my mouth. "Suck on me baby. Suck...on me" he said. He hung out my mouth until I put my hand underneath him. He sighed as he laid back. His arms spread out. I felt his ass on my tongue. His legs draped on both sides of my tongue. His bare feet touching my teeth. God he tastes so good. A meaty and salty flavor. Like I could taste his lust, love, and testosterone. "I love you Sandy Juliette Alverez! I LOVE YOU!" he screamed. He came so hard I swear the cum hit the roof of my mouth. I savored every drop. I took him out my mouth. His eyes were closed. "That good huh?" I asked. No answer. "Felix? Felix...." I said touching him.

 

So there I sat with his body in my hand. I glanced out of the door at the garden. No. It isn't right. I can't bury him out there again. Not with him already there. I wanted him with me for real. I found myself opening my mouth. Slowly I titled my hand back and let his body slide into my mouth. He lay on my tongue lifeless. There was no thrill or rush this time. I could taste him still but there was no spark to it. No sweet deliciousness of kink. There I sat with him in my mouth for a whole minute. Playing with him but as much as I tongued his crotch and ass there was nothing. I let his body slide down my throat. I felt it land with a plop in my tummy. My hand resting on it knowing my late husband was in there. I didn't sob or wail this time. Just silently crying. I promised him. Promised I'd say goodbye. Promised it would end here today. What kept me going was the thought that his flesh would be broken down to fuel my body. His calories and nutrients would be added to our child. His essence would instill even more so in it. I didn't eat anything the rest of the day to honor that.

 

Two more months passed. I was ready to pop. My best friend was worried that I would go into labor alone at home and insisted that I set up a delivery date. I agreed. Being a romantic I decided on February 14. I got time off for that which wasn't easy. The practice was busy as hell. Malpractice suits were coming out of the woodwork. What was disturbing was many were focused around people who had money. The mayor's son killed by a paint can falling off some scaffolding. What was odd was nobody was working there that day and all other tools and supplies were accounted for. Another case was a prominent judge's wife dying from a peanut allergy...from eating raw oysters. I had 25 grand left from the insurance payoff. It bothered me what I said to Felix. That he'd never see our baby. Ever say something hurtful it hurt yourself? Even when they have forgiven you you still remember that pain? That's what I felt. I made my husband cry. I decided to do something about it. I went back to Memento Mori.

 

"My, now this is a surprise. You want him again?" Laura asked. "Yes. I wanted him to see the birth of our child" I said. "I understand. One moment while I get the paperwork" she said. She left the room. My back hurt from carrying the baby so I stood up. I stretched a bit and stood by the door. A man I recognized from last time was speaking to Laura. Something fell from his pocket. I only caught a glance but being married to a contractor you get an idea of what kind of tools you're looking at. "Wire cutters? What would a PR guy need with those?" I asked myself. The baby kicked and I made a funny noise. They looked at me and they looked at the wire cutters. Laura came back. Her demeanor had changed. "Sign here and you can pick him up tomorrow" she said slamming the papers down. She uttered not another word as I signed. I felt her eyes on me the whole time. "So tomorrow at 3?" I asked. "That's what I said right?" she said. I left the office.

 

As I drove home I noticed a car making the same turns I did. I began to get nervous. I turned into a Taco Bell lot and so did it. I decided to drive by the police station. When I did the car made a turn and left. I quickly went home and activated the alarm. My heart was pounding. Why was I being followed? Who would follow me?  The next day I picked up Felix. Before I left though the receptionist asked me to confirm my address. "What for?" I asked. "Billing purposes" she replied. As I drove home Felix was concerned. "Honey? Tell me what you're thinking. You've barely said a word since you got me. Since I'm this small I know I'm dead. Are you in shock?" he asked. I didn't answer. I was too focused looking in my rear view mirror. "Sandy what the hell?!" he asked as I slammed the door closed and turned the alarm on. I sat down.

 

"Your hands are trembling. Sandy, what are you afraid of?" he asked concerned. "I cloned you before. Three times including this one" I said. He raised his voice until I held my hand up. "I cloned you this time so you can see our baby born but as I was doing the paperwork I saw something I think I shouldn't have seen" I said.  "What...what did you see?" he asked. "Some guy dropping some wire cutters" I said. Felix shook his head. "Honey. He's probably maintenance" he said. I shook my head. "I was told he was their PR guy. Add to the fact I'm sure a car was following me yesterday" I said. "So you think Memento Mori is stalking you? Sandy they're a multibillion dollar company. Why would they stalk you?" he asked. When he put it that way I felt silly. "Now I think you should tell me about you cloning me before" he said.

 

So I told him. Told him everything. He was furious with me until I spoke about the last two days the last time. He was very quiet. "So you did this out of guilt?" he asked. "Partly. I do want you to see the birth of our child" I said. "Which is in 6 days" he said. I nodded. He walked up to me and motioned for me to extend my hand. He stepped onto it. Felix touched my belly and smiled. I calmed down somewhat. I wasn't jumpy anymore. We ate dinner as I talked about the last 5 months. He was pleased that I checked on his grandmother from time to time. He was concerned though that my parents hadn't called to check on me. Now I heard that pregnant women are sexual time bombs but I thought that was just bullshit.  Nope. That evening Felix had fallen asleep lying on my belly. My fingers brushed his cute black hair. They began stroking his back and gently brushing his ass. I licked my lips.

 

Using a fingernail I pulled his pants off. Then his underwear. My finger rubbed his ass and he groaned. I gently plucked him up between my fingers and brought him to my face. I licked his little nutsack with the tip of my tongue. Within seconds he was hard. I sucked his tiny cock between my lips and he awoke. "Sandy?" he asked sleepy. "Shh. Just enjoy it baby" I said. I reclined against the sofa and he laid on my lips. I gently sucked him off. His little hips fucking my lips. I slipped a fingernail between his asscheeks and he came. His delicious tiny load costed my tongue. He panted as he laid there. After a minute I picked him up and kissed him. "You did this before" he said. "Every time" I said. "Can you even taste it?" he asked. "Every drop honey" I said. His hand caressed my cheek. "We can do more" I said. "But what about the baby?" he asked. "I'm pregnant not in a coma" I said placing him near my crotch.

 

I pulled off my panties and encircled him with my legs. He touched my clit and I gasped. He looked up concerned. "Don't...don't stop" I said. Felix began licking and rubbing it. He was amazed at how wet I was. More comfortable he began fucking me. Slowly at first but now pounding as hard as possible. I needed more.  I picked him up and slowly inserted him feet first. He was worried. This was his first time for him...kind of. "It's okay. We did this too" I said. "Felix! Felix you feel so good in me!" I screamed. Faster and faster I jacked him in and out until my eyes saw stars and I came. I caught my breath and touched my belly. "We woke the baby" I said grinning. "That was amazing. It was so warm and tight in there. God the wetness" he said. "Glad to see you enjoyed it" I said. "You enjoyed it more than me" he said pointing to my chest. I looked down to see my upper part of my shirt was wet. I became so aroused I was leaking milk. I took it off.

 

"Dios mio" he muttered. "Yeah they got bigger. Wanna see up close?" I asked. Smiling I raised my hand to where he could see one better. My nipple was bigger than his mouth. A drop of milk hung from it. He touched it. "Ahhh..." I said. Felix smiled. He gently squeezed it and a stream of milk hit him in the face. "Haha! You had that coming!" I said. "You think that's funny huh?" he said. He surprised me when he latched onto it and stared biting and sucking it. "Felix...are you...milking me?" I asked panting. This tiny man was drinking my milk. It was so erotic to see I came again. I had to steady myself not to have him fall off. Later that night as I lay in bed I would sneak kisses on his body. "I'll let you go this time but until then I'll live my dream" I gently whispered.

 

A few days later I was getting ready for work. Starting tomorrow I'd be on maternity leave. Felix was watching the news. Getting caught up on the last few months. A news story caught his eye. "Son of a bitch! Sandy look at this!" he said. I had slipped my flats on when he called for me. "What is it? I'm running late" I said. I looked at the screen. The news was terrible. A charter bus full of private school kids lost control on the 405. The brakes locked up and it careened out of control.  It hit an embankment and it caused a rollover. Emergency crews had arrived but out of the 23 passengers, only 6 had survived. "My god. All those parents. They won't be with their kids ever again" I said. "Goes to show that death can take anyone at any time regardless how rich you are" Felix said. As I drove to work I thought about my baby. Could I live with that kind of loss? Would I find myself at Memento Mori like that one grieving mother?

 

The office gave me a baby shower. Even the partners came to celebrate. Said I was their best paralegal in Los Angeles. That I could sniff out any info relevant to a case. Felix and I laughed at the gifts I got. "Lotion?" he asked. "Stretch marks" I said. "You got stretch marks? I didn't see any” he said. "You were too busy either drinking my milk like a baby or knee deep in pregnant pussy" I said. We laughed and I shifted my weight to move a box. "Ow!" I said. "You okay?" he asked. "My right ankle is swollen" I said. "Take off your shoe and hose" he said. I took them off. Now I had done a lot of walking today. My feet were sweaty and I had a bad habit of wearing these flats with no hose especially during the summer. With that being said I knew my feet stunk. "Honey you don't have to" I said. "Lotion right there" he said pointing to my ankle. So I squeezed a drop of lotion on it.

 

Felix went to my foot and he jerked a bit. "That's why I said you didn't have to" I said. "Sandy Juliette Alverez. You are my wife. Stinky feet and all" he said taking off his clothes. Why would he...oh. Felix began rubbing the lotion on my skin with his body. He was like a slave servicing his pregnant goddess. He had worshiped me before but this was different. A fetish mixed with the care of a loved one. I dropped more lotion on him and he chuckled. Soon the cheesy popcorn smell of my feet was replaced with the strawberry smell of the lotion. Felix groaned a bit. "Did you just cum?" I asked. "It's alright. It'll just blend in with the lotion" he said innocently. He rubbed and massaged it so nicely I didn't feel the pain anymore. "Let's get my little footslave cleaned up" I said. I carried him to the bathroom sink and cleaned him up. We came back to the living room and I saw I had a missed call. It was the office.

 

"Sandy! Thought you turned in already" my boss said. "I'm surprised you're still in the office William" I said. "Well he's the reason why I'm still here and why I called you. Sorry to interrupt you leave but a red ball case just dropped into our lap. Heard about those kids killed in that bus today?" he asked. "Yeah I did" I said. "Well some of those kids had important parents. They're suing the bus company and we got chosen to defend them" he said. "Already?! It hasn't been a whole day yet!" I said. "Like I said important parents. We got the papers just after you left. We need you to look into it. Find an angle for us. I know you really can't move around too much but I figured you could look at some photos and video. Do that Google voodoo you do" he said. I owed William. Normally a paralegal didn't get this many days off like this. He helped me out big time two months ago. "Yeah just email them to me. I'll see what I can turn up" I said.

 

I sat at the computer looking at the attachments. It was horrific. Their arms and legs broken at weird angles. The necks twisted. One day these buses will have seat belts but that won't help these poor kids. The bus must've rolled over a good 7 times for this carnage. I got a text. It was William. One of the survivors died. They're going to get the onboard cam footage tomorrow from the police. "Honey. Come to bed" Felix said touching my hand. I nodded and turned the computer off. I needed my rest. Tomorrow I'd be a mother.

 

The appointment was at 3. I was nervous as shit. William texted me asking if I saw anything. I decided to give it another go. "Leave that shit alone" Felix said. "I will. Just give me a few minutes. William is a partner at the firm. He's looked out for me these past few months" I said. Felix narrowed his eye. "It's not like that tiny jealous man. I'm still your goddess" I said. "Damn straight. Oh you got an email" he said. I opened the file. The video showed the driver tapping the brakes as normal then panicking as he looked at the dash. Then it all jerked. There was a blur of motion and when it stopped he was dead. God it happened so quickly. I looked at the pictures on last time and I saw something. "Is that him?!" I yelled. "Him who?" Felix asked. "This guy here! I think it's the same guy I saw at Memento Mori!" I said pointing to him. "The one with the wire cutters?" he said. That moment a sickening thought occurred to me. I quickly looked a report detailing the braking system on the bus.

 

The wires were broken. The police would've thought this happened due to the rollover but what if it didn't. "Felix. You've been around trucks with air brakes right?" I asked. "Of course. I saw them all the time with my job" he said. "What would happen? Loose power?" I asked. "Well it's an air pressure system not a brake fluid one like in a car. Lose pressure and the brakes seize. Happened to a concrete truck of ours once" he said. "What if the line was cut?" I asked. "Well the system would bleed pressure every time the brakes were used. Then when no pressure was left they lock up" he said. "Like this bus?" I asked. "Well yeah...oh shit. You think this guy cut the brake line on that bus don't you?" he asked. I nodded. "Why?!" he asked. "There were rich kids on board. Kids with rich grieving parents. Parents who would flock to Memento Mori. I think this bastard is working to drum up business!" I yelled. I didn't know at the time I was being watched. 

 

"You need to call the police" Felix said. Just as I was dialing the phone there was a knock on the door. I went to answer it. "Laura! What...what are you doing here?" I asked. I was nervous. She looked behind me. "Just came to see how you're doing. We treat repeat customers with the upmost customer care. I stepped forward. "Please leave or I'll call the cops" I said. Her smile turned to a sneer. A blur of moment to my right and I felt a fist hit my face. I fell backward hitting my head on the porch pillar. Then darkness.

 

Felix's pov...

 

"Sandy!" I screamed. "Did you hear that?" the guy asked. "Yeah. Like a voice. A squeak saying someone's name. Shit! Her clone! Where are you you tiny fuck!" she yelled. It was on the counter next to Sandy's phone and car keys. The giant woman who was at the door thundered into the house. "There you are" she said. Shit! She saw me! I panicked. She could do a lot of things to someone my size. I tried backward on her key ring. I looked and saw possible salvation. The house alarm! The key ring has the house alarm panic button! I stamped down on it as hard as I could. The alarm screeched just as she grabbed me. "Got you. Now I don't know what you saw but I'm not taking any chances" she said.

 

She raised me to her mouth and opened it. Her saliva dripped off her bleached teeth. Those pearly white instruments of death waiting for me. She was gonna eat the only witness...me. No way was this bitch gonna eat me and do away with my wife and unborn child! I chomped down on her index finger and hard as I fucking could. Fucking Christ I think I dislocated my jaw. It got the desired effect though. She yelled and dropped me. I hit the carpet hard as fuck. Ah shit! My ankle! Oh man I think I broke a rib. I coughed blood. "Motherfucker!" she yelled. "Laura we have to go! The cops will be here any minute!" the man yelled. "Just one fucking moment" she hissed. She slipped off her sandaled heel and raised her sweaty sole over me. I had just enough energy left to dodge. God my chest hurt. Her bare foot slammed the carpet so close the gust blew my hair back. I could smell her foot. I could see my reflection in her glossed toenails. Normally I'd be horny as shit with such pretty feet near me but not when they're trying to kill me.

 

She raised her foot one more time and I limped dragged myself under the kitchen nook. "Shit!" she yelled. "Laura!" he yelled. Very faintly I could hear sirens. She put her heel back on and left with him. I barely managed to see the car screech away. The police showed up 5 minutes later. "My wife was kidnapped!" I yelled. There were three officers there two men and a woman. "You’re sure she didn't get tired of taking care of you?" one man asked. "Fuck you donut chaser! My wife could be dead while you stand there insulting me!" I yelled. The man looked pissed and went right over to me. "Fuck you call me you fake ass freak?!" he yelled. "Easy Frank! Something happened here. Nobody leaves their door open like that and we did get the call from a panic alarm" the woman said. She was pretty. Mid 30's with her brunette hair tired back. "Hey look at this" the other officer said pointing to Sandy's computer. "Frank, Hanna. Isn't this that negligent homicide case that got pushed up?" he asked. They looked at the screen. "Sure is" Frank said.

 

"That's what I've been trying to tell you! My wife stumbled onto a murder scheme by Memento Mori! They were killing rich and successful people to get the surviving family to clone them! The guy that knocked my wife out cut the brake lines on that bus!" I yelled. "Call it in" Hanna said. Money buys you results that's for fucking sure. Within 10 minutes they had Laura's info pulled up from the DMV. Her full name. Her address and most importantly her car. "She's driving a black Escalade" Hanna said. "See!? That's the back car I saw leave!" I yelled. "Dispatch. Request GPS location of vehicle through OnStar" Hanna said. A few minutes passed. "Vehicle is located at 3413 Palmetto Dr." the dispatcher said. "Send a cruiser and met to that location. We will be enroute" Hanna said. Hanna went to leave.

 

"Wait! Take me with you!" I begged. "Even a clone is a civilian" she said shaking her head. "Please. I...I don't have much time. If my wife is hurt or worse I need to know. Please" I said. "I'm so getting demoted" Hanna said placing me in her shirt pocket. Hanna hopped into her Charger. Frank and who I learned later to be Tony drove behind us. I coughed more blood. "You okay in there?" she asked. No I wasn't. I felt better. The pain subsided but I was getting sleepy. That wasn't good. "I can't lose them Hanna" I said. "Them?" she asked. "She's pregnant. She was supposed to give birth today" I said. "Jesus. Mr. Alverez. We will find them and save them" she said serious.  She pushed the accelerator down harder and that Hemi roared as we took off down the freeway. I felt her mighty heart beat harder. Not faster. Harder. It was like resting against a concert subwoofer. "Thank you Hanna. Not many people are as nice to our kind" I said. Hanna bit she lip. "I had a younger brother who died in a house fire. Our parents went to Memento Mori to bring him back. I trusted him like he was some imposter thing for 6 days. On the seventh day he asked if I had decided to have my abortion."

 

"I hadn't told anybody I was pregnant except my brother...before he died. I realized at that moment that he really was my baby brother. I understand that it's more than just DNA that makes us who we are. It's our memories as well" she said. 10 minutes later we were at this warehouse. A black Escalade was parked outside. "I take it you want to come?" Hanna asked. "Absolutely" I replied. Hanna, Frank, and Tony stacked up on the door. We could hear voices inside. It's her voice! That Laura bitch! I swear if they did something to Sandy not even being 3 inches tall is gonna stop me from getting vengeance.

 

Back to Sandy's pov...

 

Ohh...my head. I can hear voices. One of them is Laura. "We need to kill her now!" a man said. "Idiot! What if she told someone what she found?! We need her alive long enough to ask her some questions" Laura said. "And then we kill her?" the man asked. "Yes you greedy psychopath. We'll kill her" Laura replied. "Good. Shame though. She's quite the looker. Nice tits too" he said grabbing my right breast. I groaned from the pain he squeezed so hard. "She's awake" he said. "Good. We can get started. Wakey wakey" she said slapping my face. "You're gonna tell me what you know or so help me god I'll cut that baby of yours right from your belly" she said gripping my jaw. The look in her eyes was pure insanity. A cruelness danced in them. She meant every word. God. Please don't let me die. At least don't let my baby die. As if God was listening a door nearby was kicked in.

 

"Freeze! Don't move! Step away from the woman and put the knife and gun down. NOW!" a female police officer yelled. Laura pressed the knife to my throat. I felt it cut the skin. I heard a tiny chirp come from the female officer. I heard the woman tell someone to calm down. She was speaking to her chest pocket. "Felix? Is that you?" I asked. I heard another chirp. It was him! He got the cops to rescue me! I began crying and shaking. "I won't ask again" the woman said. The other officers near her spread out. "It's over. We know everything. We know you set up those deaths for profit. Don't add another two murders to the charges" the woman said. The man must've raised his gun. "Don’t!" The woman yelled. A gunshot rang out. I swear I felt the wind from the round wizz by. I glanced down and the man was on the floor dead. Blood pouring out of a wound in his chest.

 

"You're next if you don't drop that blade" the female officer said. "Stand up" Laura whispered. I did. "We're walking out of here. Anybody twitches and she's dead" Laura said. She began to walk us out of the back entrance. The sun was bright. Blinding really. As I squinted I saw something block out the sun. A loud crack and then thump. The knife at my throat was gone. It took all my energy to look to my right where Laura was. I looked to my feet and didn't see her. I turned backward and the first thing I saw was her black heel. Her shoe lying in the dirt. My eyes followed the ground and then I saw her. She was sprawled out on the ground. Behind her was the warehouse wall. Her blood was dripping down it. That once pretty then sinister face was frozen in surprised shock of death. A hole the size of a dime in her forehead. I head thumping in the air. I looked up.

 

"Duty officer this is sentinel. Perp is down. Hostage is unharmed" I heard a voice say over a radio. "Roger Sentinel. Very much confirmed. Thanks for the support" a female voice said behind me. A helicopter overhead with POLICE written on it flew away. I turned backward. A woman came running to me. "Sandy!" A voice cried from her chest. I watched Felix climb and poke his head out. "FELIX!" I shouted. I snatched him up and hugged him tightly. I heard him sobbing as he hugged my cheek. "You're not seriously hurt are you?" the woman asked. "No, just some bruises and scratches" I replied. "Honey I was so scared" Felix said. "So was I" I said. "This is what makes my job worth it" the woman said. I head sirens closing in. "That would be the EMT's" a male officer said. "Thank but I don't think I'll need...ohh...AHHHGH!" I screamed. I doubled over and luckily the woman caught Felix. "Sandy! SANDY!" I heard him screaming.

 

"I...I think my water broke" I gasped. "Get those paramedics here now!" the woman yelled. Minutes later I was in the back of an ambulance. A paramedic holding my hand. "The stress must've kicked off labor. Monitor her vitals! Call General and have a cart ready!" an EMT yelled. "Felix? Felix are you still here?" I asked. "I'm...right here baby" he said. I glanced over at him and he was pale. I could see blood on him. He looked tired. Oh no. "Felix. What's wrong with you?" I asked weakly. "Nothing honey. Just worried is all" he said. The pains came quicker and harder. Contractions were getting closer together. "Hanna I need to borrow your phone" he said to the female officer. She chose to ride with us. She was generally worried about me. Having a stranger care not because of a job requirement was really nice. Hanna pulled out her phone. "Dial this number please" he said. That number. I know that number.

 

"Listen. You don't like me I get that but your daughter needs you now more than ever. Right now we're heading to the hospital so she can give birth to your grandchild. Do the right thing for once in the last few years and be there for her. Don't do it for me. Hell don't do it for her. Do it for your grandchild" Felix said on the phone. He called my parents. That was Felix in a nutshell. Always trying to make sure everyone else was okay. Felix gripped his chest in pain. Hanna saw me. "That woman hurt him real bad. How's he still kicking is a miracle" she whispered. That bitch hurt my husband. Even in death she was screwing people over. Hope she's burning in hell.

 

We were rushed in delivery. "Sandy! Sandy we're here! Mommy and daddy are here!" a voice I missed so much cried. Mom. Mom is here! Dad too! They were at the door. Mom was crying. "Please put my husband next to me....AHHHGH!" I yelled. Felix lay on a layer of folded up gauze on a cart. His tiny body wracked with pain. "She’s dilated! Now or never! Ma'am I need you to push on the next contraction!" the doctor yelled. I glanced over. Felix was nodding off but had his eyes locked on me. His face full of determination. That contraction hit and I pushed! "Again!" the doctor yelled. Again and again I pushed. Then I felt relief and a tiny cry. I glanced up. "Congratulations! It's a girl!" the nurse said. "Hear that Felix! It's a girl! We have a daughter!" I said looking at him.

 

Felix had his eyes closed. He wasn't breathing. "Felix..." I said crying. Mom came up to me. She looked at the baby and then him. "He didn't get to see her" I whimpered. "Yes he did. Look at that tiny smile of his. He saw his baby girl. He saw" mom said. I asked mom to hand me his body. "Look honey. It's your daddy. Trust me he was bigger at one time" I said. My daughter with her eyes half open brushed her hand against his arm. Her tiny fingers wrapped them around it. "What are you gonna name her?" mom asked. "Elizabeth after his grandmother. And you mom. Elizabeth Carol Alverez" I said.

 

Days passed. This version of Felix I buried under an oak tree. The same tree we once had a picnic under when we were dating. We cloud gazed that day wondering what the future had in store for us. As Felix rubbed my feet (should have suspected by that he had a thing for feet) he answered "as long as you're in it I know the future is gonna rock" he said. After my statement and me and the firm turning over evidence, the media pounced on Memento Mori. Some high priced lawyers quickly went on the defense claiming that the branch that was responsible for this was acting on their own accord. They were boosting their dividends in ways not "befitting the standards we hold sacred".  Their stock took a massive hit.  Ethical law where put into place to prevent such things from occurring again. Predatory advertising was illegal. That meant no one could pop up at funerals giving out cards and shit for them to come to Memento Mori to settle old business.

 

One other major thing that happened was the monopoly that Memento Mori had on the clone business was ended. The World Bank dissolved that and made them share the technology and DNA sequencing. It was only a matter of time before other companies for into the business. By years end one could clone anyone as long as their DNA had no restrictions on it. One could put a restriction on it like one could tell the DMV you didn't want to be an organ donor or "do not resuscitate" clause on yourself. The result of all this was crazy to say the least. A story for another time perhaps*. I missed Felix as I knew I would but I chose to honor his request of not cloning him again. Then again... 

 

(Authors note: Hint hint)

 

22 years later...

 

"Can't believe our daughter got married. I missed so much of her life in these 22 years" Felix said slipping off his shoes. "Well you're here now and that's what's important" I said. "So much has happened and I'm not just talking about the world. It's been three days since you cloned me and I'm still wrapping my head about what you told me. 4 times? 4 times you cloned me?" he asked. "Well I planned not to do it again after you made me promise but given the circumstances" I said. "Still honey it had to have court a fortune" he said. "Decades ago yes but with advances in technology and competing business; prices dropped considerably. You can get a clone for about a $500 now" I said. He looked shocked. "Well at least I still have some value" he said chuckling. Felix sipped some champagne from his tiny glass. People clapped as Elizabeth cut the wedding cake with her new husband Derrick. "She has your eyes, hands, even your feet" he said. "And your determination. She begged me for years wanting me to clone you. Promised to do it for her wedding day. She never forgot" I said. "Now time for the father/daughter dance" the MC said.

 

Elizabeth walked over to us. "May I have this dance dad?" she asked. "Of course sweetie" he replied. Our daughter picked him up gently. He stood in his tux and socks in one palm. Elizabeth held out her finger which he grabbed. "Whenever you need me" by Bruce Springsteen began playing. She waltzed around in her bare feet. Her toes gracefully skipping the floor as she danced on the balls of her heels. Felix stared into her eyes. "I'm sorry for not being around for you" he said quietly. "I know daddy but you're with me...in here" she said glancing at her heart. The song ended with her cradling him to her chest. They both were crying. I went over to the MC. "Play something to get the mood really going" I said. The song "Higher and Higher" by Howard Huntsberry begins playing.

 

I take Felix from my daughter. I place him in my palms. "You're love is lifting me higher! Higher than ever before!" he said singing to the music. I began to shake my aging ass to the beat. "So how much money do you have now? I might want to come back one day" he asked. "Remember? I'm a partner now. Got my degree 10 years ago. Trust me. I got money" I said. "Good. I plan to make up for lost time starting with those still sexy feet. By the way...do you still wax down there?" he asked. "Felix!" I yelled blushing. "Love it when you're embarrassed. I love you my gigantic goddess of a wife" he said kissing my fingers. "And I you my tiny perverted husband" I said. "Mom! Come join the dance circle!" our daughter yelled. "Hang on Felix! It's about to get bumpy!" I yelled. "Trust me I'll never let go!" he cried.

 

 

As we wonder about what we should've said to ones we lost we must remember what we did say to them. For what we didn't say in one moment can never outweigh what we said in a lifetime. This has been an episode of The Size Zone.   

Chapter End Notes:

In the next episode we will meet a girl finds herself in a world unfamilar...and dangerous. How did she get there and why is she 200 ft.tall?! Find out in the next episode "While you were away..."