- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

now back to the show

As I passed a tree a gust of wind blew past. A bird’s nest fell out. "Aw" I said reaching down. As I did a saw a sickening sight. Inside was The remains of broken egg shells but something else. Tiny bones. Leg bones, a ribcage, a pelvis and then a skull. The leg bone was especially small. "Oh my god" I muttered as I realized only a child would have a leg bone this small. This virus had redefined The food chain. Mankind had to fear all creatures. Even birds. A colony must've been close by. It stood to reason a large building would suit their needs. A block east of me was an elementary school. Curiosity go The best of me. The halls were empty except for trash or leaves blown in. Very quiet. Not one peep. As I farther in though things changed. Plastic sheets hung from the walls loosely. A faded sign saying "quarantine shelter" hung to one side. "The CDC must've brought the infected here. Or at least one of the places" I muttered. I pushed aside the sign and followed the plastic tarps to the gymnasium. "Oh dear lord" I muttered. Never had I seen so many of them at one location. They were everywhere! Hundreds! No thousands of tiny people lived in here! Old cups, boxes, anything of value was used as housing. Like a high picked roar came from them as they saw me. Many fled away but more ran towards me ready to fight. "Easy. I mean no harm. Na. You understand Na?" I said. I had no clue if their dialect was the same. "Na?" one said holding what looked like a broken piece of plastic fork. I held out both hands and sat down. They could actually hurt me with their numbers and I could kill so many during the fight. I held out my hand showing I meant no harm. A few brave men got close. Most of them were older over 40. One touched my finger curiously.  "Rela ya!" he shouted. Guess he wondered if I was real.

 

They lowered their weapons at me. I was awestruck as hundreds got close to me to see the giant woman in their midst. Then a high pitched scream filled the air. I glanced over and saw a rat attacking a woman I quickly got up and dashed toward them. The rat saw me and ran off. "Pick on someone your own size" I said. I looked closely at the crying woman. She appeared to be no older than 20. A very tiny girl ran toward her crying. The two hugged each other. People began bowing before me. "It was nothing" I said. Just like that they worshipped me. Their protector. For The next 10 minutes I observed the people. The vast majority of the females were under the age of 23. A lot of kids of varying ages were here. The men however were either young like The girls or vastly older. A sobering thought entered my mind. When the outbreak hit many people must've fled to places they felt safe. When the CDC showed up they were quarantined. The people here were either teachers, students, or offspring of the students. A truly generational colony.

 

Naka, who had been very quiet urged me to set him down. He was perplexed at them. They wore no discerning colors. No tribal markings. I don't think he even remembers seeing so many people before. He began speaking to one quickly. A man sole back pointing to me. "Azumi" he replied. They chanted my name over and over. Seeing them bow and rejoice my name felt so good. So important. "Azumi. We're ready to go" Drew said over the comm. Naka looked so happy to be among them. I cared for The little guy. Maybe it's better to just leave him here. I turned to walk away. "Azumi!" I heard a scream. No chanting. A scream. I turned to see Naka was shouting for me to get him. I bent down. "Naka it's better this way. You get these people and they don't care where you came from" I said. He jumped up and down yelling ya. "Na" I said standing up. He was screaming my name and then I heard something incredible.  "Azumi. La...lov...love" he sobbed.

 

"Did you just say love?" I asked. "Love! Love!" he screamed. He...he doesn't want me to go. No...he doesn't want me to leave him here. I scooped him up and he sobbed into my cheek. To be loved so deeply made me feel...warm. "I'm sorry" I said. His tiny body plastered to my cheek shook as he cried. I pulled him back and rubbed his face. "Na Na" I said softly. I left them there wondering if their goddess would ever return. I made my way back to the vehicle and hopped in. "You were gone awhile. See anything?" Kate asked. If I told her no telling what she would do to them. "No. Quiet as a mouse" I said. As we crossed The Georgia border fate threw us a brand new problem. Marcus was driving and humming to himself. Kate was asleep and Drew was staring out the window. I myself was deep in thought about what we might find when we got to Atlanta. Drew began coughing. He took a swig of water and then his coughing got worse. "Down the wrong pipe?" Marcus asked. "Throat kinda scratchy. Turn up the AC will you it's hot in here" he said. "The AC is already set on 65" Marcus said glancing at him. Drew coughed more. "Drew? You're sweating" I said.

 

Drew wiped his brow. We all got a very worried look at him. "Allah protect us he's got the virus!" Marcus shouted. Kate woke up. "What's going on?" Kate yawned. "Your boyfriend is infected is what!" Marcus yelled. "I'm not infected! I can't be right Azumi?! You're the resident doctor!" he yelled. "If the virus was airborne then no he can't be infected. It would've died out long ago" I said. "See just allergies or something" Drew said grinning until he coughed again and this time blood. "...oh fuck" he muttered. We were in full panic mode. Marcus pulled over. "Get out. GET OUT!" Marcus yelled pulling out a gun we didn't know he had. "You can't just kick him out!" Kate yelled. "He's infected!" Marcus yelled. Drew was frozen in fear. "Marcus we don't know that. It could be food poisoning for all we know. If he is infected, then we probably are too by now. Kicking him out won't solve a thing and if you shoot him you're just going to spread the disease with the splatter" I said trying to sound calm and logical. I placed my hand on his arm. Marcus lowed the gun. "Get back on the road and get us to Atlanta" I said. Drew looked like he was going to have a panic attack. Kate was crying softly while I was wondering if we really were infected. That was a long couple of hours to think about it.

 

The sun was beginning to set when we pulled up to the CDC. Atlanta was quiet. Just like The other places with cars and busses strewn around. Solar powered signs still lit up pointing to evacuation routes and shelters. A crashed chopper was on the side of the street. "It's sealed" Drew said stifling a cough. "Of course it would be. Marcus can you get us in? You’re the computer whiz" Kate asked. Marcus took a look at the security panel. He took out a screwdriver from his kit and pried open the panel. "Some kind of lockdown. Froze everything. I'm amazed it still has power. Give me a moment to hook a terminal to it" he said. Marcus booted up his netbook and hooked into the panel. His netbook was designated as a repair and maintenance tool but he was confident it would suffice. "I think I can trip the system with a diagnostic routine. Standby" he said. The red light flashed green and the door clicked. Drew opened the door and the smell of stale air hit our noses. We quickly went in before the system reset.

 

Emergency lights illumined the main room and hallways. "I'm going to try to restart the system" Marcus said. The place was in shambles. It didn't look good. "So they researched this disease here?" Kate asked. "I'm sure they did. All viral research on the east coast was here. Smallpox, anthrax, bubonic plague just to name a few" I said. "Plague!? Oh fuck that!" Kate yelled. "Easy Kate. Look around. Feel the temperature. I read about this place. The system is set on a dead man switch. After it trips it puts the place on lockdown to prevent accidental or deliberate release. All contagions are stored in sealed refrigeration areas. When the main power failed so did the refrigeration units. Those diseases died out years ago" I said. Kate looked at me. "I did try to earn my way on board you know" I said. Some lights flickered on as well as computer terminals. "Alright. The fuel cells are dry but the solar collectors are working. We got partial power. Enough to run some lights, plumbing, and equipment but that it. No AC people so it's going to stay hot in here" Marcus said coming back.

 

Marcus was sweating badly. "Marcus?" I asked. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fainted. "Fuck he has it too!" Kate said. "Shut up and help me with him!" I yelled. We carried him to a bed in a nearby room. "I got to get to their files. Find the vector" I said. It took me an hour before I found the terminal I needed. Kate was busy freaking out in the corner while Drew hovered over me. "Find anything?" he asked. "I just started. This will take time" I said. "Time?!" he yelled. "Yes time" I said. Drew sat down holding Marcus' gun. As I poured through the notes I was getting a better idea of this bug. "Still at it?" Marcus asked behind me. I glanced over at Drew. He and Kate where huddled together asleep. I yawned. "What time is it?" I asked. "1 am" he replied. "How do you feel?" I asked. "Feverish and weak. Like my muscles hurt all over like when you pull one" he said. I shook my head. "That's a symptom of progression. Your skeletal structure is shrinking faster than your muscles" I said.

 

"So I'm fucked" he muttered. "I'm still searching" I said. "What's the use if they couldn't how could you?" he asked. "Maybe they were close and they bugged out to be with loved ones? I know I would if the world was ending. Like I really have people that love me  as me instead of what honor I could bring them" I said. "You do have people who love you Azumi" he said softly. I felt his hand on my shoulder. "T...thank you Marcus. That means a lot to me" I said. He looked at his hand and yanked it back blushing. "Forgive me. It's improper to touch a woman this way in my culture" he said. "At this point I don't think anyone cares anymore" I said. He nodded. "Where did you get that gun?" I asked. Marcus had it stuffed in his pants. He must've took it from Drew as he slept. "You saw how Kate reacted.  She blames my...I was about to say people but it more culture isn't it? That woman is high strung and Drew follows her whims. I was afraid they would turn on me" he said.

 

"Can you do me a favor and give it to me? You do trust me right?" I asked, Marcus looked at the gun and then me.  He gave it over. "Good. Now...*aaack*" I said coughing blood. Oh no. "Azumi no" he muttered. "I better get back to work" I said. Marcus left the room. Oh shit! Shit shit! If I have it then we're are that much closer to getting screwed! I found renewed energy as I searched these files. I awoke later. The pressed keys of The keyboard on my cheek. A got up to go to the bathroom and get something to drink. Drew stood at the door like he was going to freak out. I heard wet coughs coining from the bathroom. "She has it Azumi" Drew muttered. Kate stumbled out wiping blood from her lips. "Help me! HELP ME!" Kate screamed at me. "I'm still looking" I said. "Look fucking faster. I'm not going to live my life as a 3 inch primitive!" she screamed. "Kate believe me I am trying" I said. "You're just waiting for us to shrink so you'll be in charge. Top dog" Kate hissed. As if on cue I coughed up blood. "Guess again" I said wiping my mouth. Kate looked horrified. "Now step aside. I need to pee" I said.

 

After eating some food, I got back to it. Around noon Marcus came to check on me. I was horrified to see he was smaller. Almost by a foot. "Oh god Marcus" I said. "So I won't have a basketball career? Oh well" he said chuckling. I admired his bravery. "I did find a few things out. The outbreak started from London. That was the very first case. This virus is wicked. They mapped the genome. Ebola for how contagious. Influenza for incubation.  Plus, some nobody recognized" I said. "How can a bug shrink people?" Marcus asked. "A retrovirus was included. Origin unknown. Retroviruses are used the turn off or on genes. This is a guess but it might've turned on old genes we carry. Modern mammals descended from shrew like creatures that survived the last die off. If those genes turned on again it could cause a person to revert to that size" I said. "That is horrific" he said. "I'm busy trying to find a cure or treatment but it's not looking good. There is a notation of lab 3 being used for trials. Maybe there is something there?" I asked. I took a sip of water. "We need to find the vector of transmission. The old strain died off so I know it isn't airborne now" I said. "Azumi. I might..." he said until he noticed me gripping my hand.

 

"Shit! Shit it hurts!" I said. Ever bend your finger back too much? Imagine that times 100. I dropped my bottle and grimaced. "I...I need to hurry" I said. Muscle tension. The second stage of infection. I rushed past him to this lab. As I turned on the lights I nearly puked. In the confusion we never really checked every room. There was a skeleton on the floor draped in a lab coat. A gun near it. A bullet hole in the skull. Judging by the pelvis it was a woman. Did she kill herself to spare her from The infection or was it just seeing the world come apart? It got very much worse. On shelves nearby were cages. As peered into them I could see tiny skeletons. Test subjects left to die when the woman killed herself. It dawned on me right then that I might have to get test subjects myself. As the hours ticked by I studied everything I could. I heard footsteps behind me. I turned to see Kate there. Her eyes red from crying. In her hands was Drew. He was only a foot tall now. Naked and incoherent. "Cure him" she said coldly. "I made progress Kate. I really did. I narrowed down the vector. It's in the blood. blood transmission like HIV" I said.

 

"Fucking cure him!" she screamed. She was so distraught she shoved him into my arms. He was like a baby that size. Drew gazed at me. "Help...me" he said. "There...isn't enough time. You're in the final stage" I muttered. Kate screamed. She tried to choke me. I was afraid to drop Drew and couldn't fight her off. Luckily Marcus rushed in and pulled her off. "It's your fucking fault! You and your crazy ass culture!" she screamed. Marcus looked at her coldly. "To denounce a group because of an individual is evil. To forgive hate is divine" Marcus said. Kate pulled away from him and walked out. Marcus sighed. "Is it really too late for him?" he asked. "Yeah. Studies shown that the shrinking happens in bursts. As their brains get smaller so does the capacity to use language. The more primal part of our brains takes over to compensate. What you really hear is English when they speak. Like Na for no or ya for yes. Thst reminds me I need to check on Naka. I had him set to the side for safety but now that Kate has gone nuts I should have him with me" I said. "I'll go get him" Marcus said. Marcus came back with Naka who was upset.

 

"Kate was eyeing him strangely" he said. "Kate has issues with thrm. She even...oh fuck. Marcus I need to ask you a question and for the love of god don't lie. Did you and Drew eat any of them" I asked. Marcus looked shocked. "I...I yes. Yes, we did. We...we found a few and started playing with them until Drew put one in his mouth. He swallowed it! He...he told me how good Thry tasted and it had been so long since we had real meat! I caught one and she struggled when she saw my mouth. She kept screaming as I placed her inside. Azumi she tasted so good and I ate her. I'm going to hell. I know it" Marcus wept. "That's how we caught it. Me and Kate ate some too. We digested thrm and apparently the new strain incubates in their bodies. Like a Typhoid Mary" I said. Poor Marcus was ashamed at himself. "Marcus I will need your help with something. I need test subjects. I can't use Naka. I won't. Do you understand what I'm asking?" I said. He nodded. "Go out there and look around. I'll need at least 10 of them. Take the backpack" I said. Marcus left the room.

 

Drew was passing out from fever. His body trembling. I went back to The notes to see what I should test for. Teo hours later Marcus returned. His backpack wriggling around. "I got all kinds. Young, old, male and female. Where do I put them?" he asked. I overturned an old car board box. "In here" I said. Marcus looked unsettled at how cold I sounded. "What are you going to do to them?" Marcus said frowning at their crying. "I have to collect blood and tissue samples. Probably organs too. I need a concentrated sample of the virus" I said. "Won't that kill them?" he asked. "Yeah it will but we got no choice. The last notes here said they needed a pure sample. The virus was still mutating at the time" I said. "I understand. I...*ahhhhh" he moaned falling to the floor. I rushed over to him. I watched as his body shrank. His clothes fell right off him. It soon stopped as he was buried under his shirt. Marcus crawled out. "No" he muttered looking at me. He was just over a foot tall. "Marcus" I said. "Azumi...hard to speak. I dont want to end up like this...please" he muttered. He looked so hopeless. I picked him up and hugged him. "I'll fix this. Just hang on" I said. He looked into my eyes. His small hands touching my cheeks. Marcus leaned in to kiss me.

 

We kissed gently and it was he who broke off the kiss. "Put...me down. I'll check back after eating. Really hungry" he said. I saw him glance at me as he passed the door. I had to hurry. Soo Drew would hit the final phase and me and Kate wouldn't be far behind. "Saw that Marcus is worse now" Kate said walking in. "Yeah" I said. Kate looked into the box. "I needed test subjects" I said. "Experiments?" she asked. I nodded. "Bad ones?" she asked with a smile I didn't like. "...yeah" I said. "Can I help?" she asked. At first I wanted to say no but that would be counterproductive. "Sure. Just give me a moment to get ready" I said. I got what tools I needed ready. "First I have to collect blood. A lot of it" I told her. Kate nodded and grabbed three people out of the box. They kicked and punched trying to break free. "Put them here" I said pointing to a steel pan as I got tape ready. One by one I taped their tiny arms and legs. A teen boy around 16, a middle aged woman, and a man in his mid 20's. All of them wearing a strip of brown cloth. Kate grinned as she tore them off exposing them. All of them cried Na or something else. Then I picked up the syringe. I brought it closer to The teen. God did he struggle seeing that giant length of surgical steel coming toward him. My hands trembled. "You gonna do it or not?" Kate said. She had a point. Delaying it was pointless. Dad once said it takes dirty deeds to do what clean ones can't. "NA! NA! NAAAAAA!" he shrieked as I pushed the syringe into his leg. The boy pissed himself in fright but The worst was coming. I pulekd the plunger back.

 

He screamed in pain as I sucked The blood out of his body. A few seconds in and he began to drift off. His head rolled to the side and his suntanned red skin turned a place grey. The syringe was sucking vacuum now. The blood he had in his body wasn't even two ounces.  I squirted it into a test tube. I went over to the woman now. She was utterly terrified. She saw what happened to The boy. "Na die! Na die!" she cried. "I'm sorry" I said sticking her in The neck. I figured this was faster and I was right if I was trying to kill her faster. Her tiny brain was deprived of oxygen from The blood draw and killed her within three seconds. Thst meant stopping her heart and thsn meant no pulse. "No, Im not wasting her life" I muttered. I placed my finger over her heart and began pushing down. Like I was giving CPR. It took longer than I wanted to but eventually I drained her. Again barely 2 ounces. The man just sobbed as I went to him. "Wia?" he groaned as I pulled every drop from his body. "Holy shit" Kate said pointing to his penis. He was hard as rock and we were taken aback as he came. "That's some freaky shit" Kate said. "It can happen. Muscle contraction and blood poolage" I said. Kate looked at me couriously. 

 

"Is it enough?" she asked. "Not sure. I need to extract organs. Some viruses can hide in organs" I said. "So you're gonna dissect some? Whoa. That's hardcore" Kate said. I rolled my eyes. "I need Teo for that. A male and female of similar age so I don't get different results" I said. Kate reached down and got two for me. I scooted the other pan out of the way containing the corpses of the previous three. Kate dropped these onto onto it.  "Really Kate?!" I yelled seeing them. Two teens that hugged one another. Either siblings or mates. They scooted away as I got closer. Thry had the same brown hair. Same tan skin. Siblings. Dammit. The male looked 16 and the female maybe a year younger. The male moved to block my fingers. "I don't have time to be picky" I said. I flicked the boy in the face and he went sprawling. The girl cried out. "Luka!" she screamed. She kept crying his name as I taped her doen. Luka groaned as I taped him down. "Give me the knife" Kate said. "I'm The medical expert here" I said. "And I've dissected worms. This isn't rocket science" I said. There was a sickening evil grin on her face. I struggled with what I was doing but her, this was fun and games.

 

I grabbed Luka's head with my fingers and twisted till I felt a snap. He went still. "LUKA! *snap*" she screamed until I snapped her neck as well. I wanted to puke. "Why'd you do that?!" she screamed. "This isn't for fucking fun! This is to save or asses!" I yelled. Kate tossed the knife down on the table. "Just find a fucking solution...or else" she said reaching into The box. She yanked a man out and left. "Or else? Fuck she mean by that?" I asked. Naka was napping nearby. I made sure he couldn't see what was happening. Kate wouldn't kill him to get to me eouldn she? Stupid question. Bet my ass she would. Then it hit me. Horrible pain like God was punishing me for what I did and was about to do. When the pain subsided my flip flops no longer fit. My shirt was baggy and my shorts and panties was falling off. "Oh no" I muttered. A look in a nearby mirror confirmed it. I shrank. I was slightly short to begin with and judging by how I had to stand on my toes I was about 3'9. A new urgency filled me. I took the scalpel and began.

 

I marveled at how tiny the organs were. A heart no bigehr than a pinhead. A brain the size of a grapenut. How their bodies still worked eluded me. After harvesting their organs, I began to study them. Blood samples confirmed they carried the disease and it appeared the be the same type. That was good. Interestingly The virus collected mostly in their reproductive organs. Diabolical. That meant offspring would always contract the disease. This explained why I saw tiny kids. Knowing that I began to look for how to isolate the virus.  I followed previous notes. Use a centrifuge to separate the plasma from the cells. Now to kill the virus with a chemical to create a serum. When I was done it was getting late. I cleaned the pans and placed the bodies in a bag. I grabbed two more people and taped them to the pans. Two male. One around 13 and another in his 30's. Scared out of their minds they panicked seeing the syringe. I had to be careful. Too much and it would kill them instantly. Thry yelped as I pricked them. Barely any effort I used on The plunger. Like not even an eye drop. Now I had to wait and that was going to be tougher than anything today...or so I thought.

 

I showered up and went to my bed. "Well look at you" Kate said. "Haha. Wait. Why aren't you my size? You ate more than me so you should be more infected" I said. "Maybe God likes me" she said. I glared at her. "Always the fucking queen" I hissed. "And proud of it. Any luck before I have to carry your ass around too?" she asked. "Testing a serum now. I'll know in the morning" I said. Kate sighed and rolled to her side. She groaned a bit settling in. "Guys" Marcus said standing at the door. "Hell you want?" Kate asked. Marcus didn't react to her but he seemed shaken. More than a foot tall guy should be. He held his hands out. In them was Drew no more than 3 1/4 inches tall. "It just happened. He screamed and then..." Marcus said closing his eyes. Kate grabbed him from Marcus. She stared at him. She touched his face.  "Hel...ya. Na dia" Drew muttered. Our blood ran cold. He talked like them. "Drew I don't know if you can still understand me. I'm working on a serum and I'll know in the morning" Drew lowered his head. Kate sat down quietly.

 

"Leave us alone" Kate told us. If looks could kill. Kate was scaring me now. I shuddered to think what would happen to us if we ended up drews size before her. Me and Marcus left the room. "Come with me" Marcus whispered. Marcus led me to his and Drews room. He crawled up onto the bed as I sat down. "Azumi. Can you grant a doomed man a wish?" he asked. "Marcus you're not doomed" I said laying down. "I'm serious Azumi. Really serious" he said. The sound of his voice worried me. "...I'm listening" I said. "If your experiment doesn't work and I end up like Drew, promise me you'll eat me" he said looking dead at me. At first I swore I heard something wrong. English was my second language. I hoped something was lost in translation. "I didn't understand what you said" I said. "You heard me well enough" he said. "No. NO! I'll never do something like that! Eat you? How could you ask such a thing of me?!" I yelled. "Please understand. I don't want to live everyday wondering if a hawk or rodent will end my life. Unable to form a sentence. Worship Allah. Loving for the sake of procreation. It's worse than death" he said.

 

"Why ask me? Why?" I said. "Because I rather die by the hand of someone I love" he said looking down. The last part cut me deep. I got up and sat next to him. Marcus began crying. I picked up his one for body and held him close. He felt so warm aganjst my baggy shirt. I kissed his cheek and he turned his head. Marcus began to kiss my lips passionately. When he finally stopped I took off my shirt and kicked off my shorts. It was obvious he was arousedd. I slid off his strip of shirt he wore and his erection sprang into The air. He was shaking. "I'm sorry. I'm...a virgin" he said. I picked him up. "Technically so am I" I said. Marcus let out a groan as I sucked his dick and balls into my mouth. "Azumi. It's so good" he moaned. His package felt nice on my tongue. I gently stroked his back and tickled his feet as he instinctively humped my mouth. A funny sounding cry came from him as he came. I swished his semen around a bit enjoying it surprisingly before swallowing. I sat him down so he could recuperate. A minute or so went by before I felt something on my crotch. I glanced down and saw him mounting me.

 

"Marcus...ohhh" I groaned as his tiny but noticeable cock entered me. "Marcus I can feel you in me. Faster baby" I groaned. He rammed me as fast as he could. My juices coated his torso. Tiny slaps of flesh filling our ears. "I think I'm gonna cum" I said. Marcus looked dead at me. "I love you" he said. The warmest feeling I ever felt filled my heart as I came. Shockingly I felt him actually squirt in me. Marcus fell back spent and exhausted. I placed him next to me. "I wish we did this sooner" he muttered. "You don't care about my acne scars or my overweightness?" I asked. "I don't want a perfect world woman. Just one perfect for me" he said. I hugged him between my breasts. "Azumi are you crying?" he asked. "Shhh..." I said. Marcus fell asleep not long after. I stayed awake a little while more. I worried if the serum would work. Worried about fulfilling my promise. Wondering why Kate's infection was slower than all the rest. Then I thought about Naka. I had ignored him for almost two days now. Poor guy probably missed me. Marcus said he was safe in this room.

 

I got up to check on him. Naka was laying in a small box with his back toward me. "Hey little guy. Sorry I haven't been around for you" I said touching him. He pushed my finger away angrily. He glanced over his shoulder with a pissed off look. "Why are you so mad? Are you that angry I ignored you? "Na!" he yeleld pointing at Marcus. "Na!" he yeleld again but this time using a fucking motion with his body. Oh. He's pissed I fucked Marcus. "Naka it's complicated. I love him. He makes me feel okay with myself. What we got between us is...fun but I connect with him" I said. Naka looked at him and then me. He turned away from me and I faintly heard him crying. I broke his tiny heart. I gently picked him up between my fingers. "You love me that much don't you?" I asked. Naka actually nodded. I gave it thought. Honestly I did.

 

I pointed to me, him, and then Marcus. I held three fingers out and then crossed them. Not easy as it sounded. "Ya?" I asked. Naka looked away for a second. I think he understood that what I was saying was both of them was going to be my lovers. "Ya" he said. "Good" I said placing him on The floor. I got off my knees and laid back. Naka wasted no time fucking me. The teen was in bliss. He was fucking his mate goddess. It felt nice for a tiny man to want nothing to pleasure me and love me. I was disappointed though when he quickly came. I carefully inserted him feet first. He wasn't scared. He was grinning like an idiot! I felt him playfully kick his legs and laughed at how I was gasping when he did. He would kick and I would shudder. I was getting off pulling him in and out. Far deeper thsn when Marcus fucked me. Oh Marcus. I glanced at the bed and he was still asleep. I felt so guilty. Like I was cheating on him. I told him that The old ways of thinking were over and we made the rules now. One rule that had to exist to keep humanity going was one I rationalized what i was doing now.

 

Monogamy was dead. It had no place in this world now. It was a detriment to survival. It was a man's duty to fuck as many females as possible to up the chance of pregnancy. In a world now that humans were prey it was necessary. Unless humans bred like mice (and so far I hadnt seen it) the only way to stave off extinction was to fuck...a lot. "I'm sorry Marcus" I whispered as I sped up fucking Naka in and out of me. I had to stifle a moan as I came. So powerful my toes clenched. Naka was hanging out my sloppy cunt panting but okay. I pulled him out and kissed him. "Azumi love" he said as I placed him back in his box. I sighed as to how I ended up in such a fucked up relationship. One man loves me and wants me to eat him when the time comes. Another can’t speak english and is hoping to be used as a sex toy for the rest of his life.  I climbed back into bed and drifted off to sleep.

 

I awoke hours later. I glanced over at Marcus who was staring at me. "Oh no" I muttered as he had shrunk during the night. He was just as small as the others. I grabbed him and raced to the lab. I checked on my subjects. "No! NO!" I yelled. My tiny humans were dead. Foam running out their mouths. The serum was deadly. A colossal failure. Marcus saw this. "Azumi...ya" he said pointing his mouth and pointing to mine. "No! I can't!" I yelled. "Ya! YA!" he screamed. "I lied. I lied" I muttered. Marcus hung his head. He jumped out of my hand. I caught him before he hit the floor. "No! Na! Na!" I yelled. I placed him on the table and wept. "Azumi..." He said patting my cheek. Marcus looked ashamed. I think he understood what he was about to put me through. How could you eat someone you loved? Feeling them die as you digest them? Kate walked in. Still the same height as yesterday. Drew wasn't with her.

 

"The verdict?" she asked. "It failed. It killed them. I'll look at it in a moment. How's Drew?" I asked. Kate didn't answer. In fact, she gave me this creepy fucking grin. "Kate I asked you a question!" I yelled. "He's dead"she answered.  "What?! How?!" I yelled. Kate held her hand on her stomach. "Oh Jesus Kate you didn't" I said. "He made it clear to me that he couldn't handle being tiny. He just sobbed and sobbed. He didn't even fight me when I lowered him into my mouth. Just a whimper. When he entered my stomach he didn't move around at all. And then he was gone from my life. At least he will nourish my baby" she said in a strange monotone voice. "You're lying! You've been adamant to torture these people! That was an excuse for you! Fuck sakes he was the father of your baby!" I yelled.  "He was until this. I held out hope I really did and Drew really wanted to die. You know him. Quick to take charge but when it gets shitty he crumbles. He accepted his fate" she said. She looeod dead at marcus. "So should he. Come here you closet terrorist" she said reaching for him. I grabbed her wrist. "Don't. Fucking. Touch. Him" I said. She yanked back hard. "You think I haven't noticed you ugly Japanese bitch? That you're getting sicker faster than me? Think you should piss me off when you shrink down to their size and I’m still bigger?" she smirked. I had enough of her shit. I punched her in the face. She recoiled back feeling her bloody lip. She lunged at me but being pregnant was slower.

 

Marcus and Naka hid underneath the lab table while the giantesses above them fought. I grabbed her by the neck and slammed her into the nearby shelf braking beakers and test tubes. My hand squeezed her throat. My chest brushed her swollen belly and it reminded me of the life inside her. I let go. "Get the fuck out. Play with them" I said kicking the box with the three peolle left. Tiny chirps of screams came from it. Kate wiped her lip and picked the box up. "Only a matter of time Azumi" she said. Marcus and Naka came out of hiding. Marcus looked at me and motioned to be picked up. I did and placed him on the table. He touched my cheek. He looked very upset. "M...me" he muttered. "Na. Not you. Not your fault" I said to him. Marcus hugged my cheek. "I still love you Marcus even when tiny" I said to him. "Love...Azumi" he said.  After that excitement was over I began to take tissue samples of The two bodies. As I did my body was hit with pain. When it was over I was sitting in a chairseat bigger than a car to me. I shrank to a foot. Soon now.

 

I studied their cells under microscope and saw that The cells looked like they exploded. These people died from cellular sepsis. A word I didn't know existed until I looked at the database here. The files indicated the use of antiviral drugs and got the same result. I just figured being so small it was too much. White blood cells were off the charts. Hmm...if the virus mutated host dna then maybe the serum destroyed the DNA? The virus bonded with them? Under electron microscope I saw I was right. Killing The virus meant killing The cells. I might as well have injected them with battery acid. That meant there was no hope for us. But why did the virus progress so slow in Kate? What factor set her...Azumi you idiot. The baby! That's what's so different but why would that affect her?! I began looking over every note I could find on pregnant test subjects. There weren't many. Only two. In both cases it took about two extra days for the last stage to kick in. Amniotic fluid screens out some germs sometimes all but that doesn't protect the baby here. If it did Kate would've exploded literally when she first shrank. The baby shrank with her. The baby is infected too. Think Azumi. What does a woman go through in pregnancy? What changes. Hormones? No that doesn't affect immunity. Some factor involving immunity.

 

I asked the database for anything that involved immunity in pregnancy. Lactation, amniotic fluid, cord blood, wait....cord blood? I looked up everything I could find on it.  Stem cells. Cells that can be any kind of cell in The body. Thry can even repair DNA damage. My god. Was that the answer? The solution to this apocalypse? It would explain it. The virus damages DNA and Kate's stem cells coursing through her to her baby was slowing it down. "If I exposed her stem cells to the serum it's possible to would be the perfect white blood cell. Kill the virus and repair the damage. Damn. Two problems. One this won't work on people already that small. The cell damage is in every cell by then. And then there's Kate. Asking for her help by this point is problematic" I told a concerned Marcus. Marcus pointed to his stomach. "Kate. Ya...dia Na Azumi" he said. "You're saying to tell her she and the baby will die if we don't do this?" I asked he nodded. "That might work" I said. I climbed off the chair. Hoping she would agree I prepped a few things I'd need. God knows we were on borrowed time.

 

Kate was humming to herself when I found her. The box was overturned and she was busy raping one of them by rubbing her pussy along his body. I could hear him screaming easier now this size. "Yeah you feel so nice under there. You were staring at it earlier. My tiny cunt slave. Can't wait to dominate you all later if Azumi pulls through. Wonder how she is now?" she muttered.  "I've been better" I said. Kate burst out laughing at me. "Oh that's precious. Soon you'll be as tiny as them" she said. "And if I am what about you? You're shrinking too. Slower but you are. And if I can't help you what will happen to you and your baby? Forgot about that? Seems like you keep doing so" I said. Kate rolled her eyes at me and got herself off of the man on the floor. "Suddenly I'm not in the mood anymore" she said raising her bare foot over the slimy man. "NA....*crunch". Kate lifted her foot off of his crushed remains. His blood painted her pink sole crimson. "If your done I need to talk about a new serum I think will finally work" I said. "Another grasp at hope?" she muttered. "I did the research. This might actually work...if you help me" I said.

 

"You need my help? What for?" she asked. "I need the stem cells in your umbilical cord. They can cure us but in. Order to do that I have to induce labor" I said. "You fucking serious?" she asked. "Does it look like I can fucking joke right now? We need to do this right away before it goes terminal. As in three inches terminal. After that the cell damage is too extensive. Kate you'll end up like everyone else too it will just take longer" I said. "This sounds crazy. For all I know your plan will...AHHGH!" she screamed. She fell to her knees. I watched in awe as her body shrank. Within a few minutes she was my size. "Like I said. Jesus. The virus must've infiltrated your organs speeding up the process. You can't argue with me after this" I said. Kate, naked and shaking, stumbled to her feet. "Let's do this" she gasped. I led her to a gurney bed and helped her climb up to it. Not easy at all I can assure you. Lay here while I get the necessary drugs and sterilization" I said. I was nearly exhausted when I finished the prep. Fortunately I didn't need much. One strip of gauze. Anathestics for pain and disinfectant for my hands.

 

I studied for months for this. I knew what I needed to do. "Kate I need you to relax and steady your heartbeat. You're gonna feel a prick and some burning. That's the anesthetic" I said. I had her turn to her side as I prepped the epidural. Of course I had to change a few things. The epidural was nearly half her size. The dose was the tiniest drop I could do. I worried it could paralyze her completely. The pin went it and she yelped. I injected her and quickly stopped the epidural. Kate hung in there as it burned. Soon though she relaxed. "I can't feel my legs" she said. I rolled her onto her back. I gripped her big toe and shook it. "Not that either?" I asked. She nodded. She was getting scared. I began pinching her up her leg and torso. When I pinched her below the navel she yelped. "Okay that's good. It's supposed to be like that" I said. Next I took a broken piece of pill and ground it in my hand until two small tiny balls were left. It I was normal sized it would be pill sized. "Kate swallow this" I said. "Fuck is that? Looks like sugar" she said. "OxyContin to induce. I prepped it before I went to you" I said.

 

I was lucky we had what we needed. Apparently the CDC pulled out all the stops for this bug. "Kate what are we gonna do when we're back to normal?" I asked. "Find a penthouse hotel and live it up. Me a ruler of these peolle. You The godmother to my son. It won't be the life I dreamed about but it could be worse" she said. "Godmother?" I asked. "Sure. I will need help taking care of him" she said. Thst actually sounded nice. "And the peolle?" I asked. "I’ll rule them like a goddess. They'll live if they do as I say. A fair deal for protection" she said. I didn't like her idea of rule. Just about every person she came across was dead. "Azumi?" she said. She was lokking down between her legs. The sheet was soaking wet. Her water broke. "Okay stay calm. Now I need you to push" I said. "I can't feel anything" she said. "Your nerves are numb not the muscles. Just push" I said reaching down. Kate groaned and sweated as she pushed. "Again!" I said. She pushed again. "Keep breathing and push!" I yelled. She pushed once more and I saw the crown of the head. "Almost there! One more time!" I yelled. Kate yeleld as she pushed as hard as she could.

 

The books don't do it justice and neither does pictures. A new life emerged from her. I quickly spanked his little butt and he cried out. "Please let me hold him!" Kate asked. I handed him to her as I got a tiny blade. After severing The umbilical and closing the connection on The boy I crawled onto The table to being collecting cells. The collection was done and I injected the virus into the serum. Now I just had to wait a few hours. Precious hours. I sat next to Kate admiring her baby. "He looks healthy even though he's about 2 inches big. If untreated he'll shrink soon" I said. Kate looked horrorfied. "Kate I'm working on it now. The injection will be ready in about 2 1/2 hours. "He's so beautiful" she said. "He is cute. Looks just like Drew" I said. Kate frowned. "Well he'll always be a part of us" she said getting the baby to nurse. "So a goddess huh?" I asked. "Yep. You have to admit it's fun" she said. "Mostly. To be waited on hand and foot is cool. Kate. You won't hurt Naka or Marcus will you?" I asked.

 

"No I won't hurt Naka or Marcus if they serve me...I mean us" she said. She didn't see the look I gave her. Naka could end up like that man earlier. A stain under her sweaty feet. Marcus I didn't want to think about. It was too clear where her feelings lie. She was telling me something to appease me. Truth sprinkled with a lie. The most dangerous truth there is. She couldn't be trusted period. Soon both of them were asleep. I waited patiently for the serum to be done. After the time was up I looked. Success! The virus was dead and the stem cells were intact. Many of thrm looking like white blood cells. It worked perfectly as I had The computer analyze the sample. A 50/50 ratio of white blood cells and reconstructed blood cells. The blood sample (which was mine) was repaired of DNA damage. I loaded the serum into a syringe used on mice. I climbed back onto the bed as Marcus and Naka watched. "Kate wake up" I said. Kate groaned and saw the syringe I was lugging around. "It works. The sample I used was cured" I said injecting myself. "It does! Azumi you're incredible!" she yeleld. Her baby woke crying. "Let me see him" I said. She looked worried. "He's The most vulnerable with almost no immune system. Quickly before he shrinks!" I yeleld. Kate handed him to me. I injected the serum into him. "I'll be right back. I need a bigger dose for you" I said. She noodeed and I crawled to the table again.

 

Marcus looked at the syringe. "Ya?" he asked. "Yeah it works Marcus. It won't help you though" I said he hung his head. I picked him up. "Don't be afraid. Nothing will ever happen to you. I swear it. I love you" I whispered. Marcus watched as I emptied the syringe of The serum and fill it with some water. "Azumi?" he asked. I sushed him. "I'm back. Hold out your arm" I said. Csrelfly I pricked her and with a gentle push shot the placebo into her. "How long will it take?" she asked. "The serum will kill the virus and the stem cells will begin rebuilding the damaged cells. After that the body will mend itself. You'll notice soon though. For now, get some rest" I said. "Thank you Azumi" she said gripping my hand. I left her to sleep as I went to bed myself.

 

I awoke and saw I wasn't 3 inches. It worked. The virus was stopped dead. Now I had to just let my body heal. Kate on the other hand... I went to check on them. I climbed into the bed and found her baby and her. Kate was sobbing and when she saw me began screaming. "Azumi! NA...NA! Na?" she said until she realized her brain had regressed just like the others. "You're shouting it didn't work on you right?" I asked. She quickly nodded. "Well as you see it worked on me and your son. Now why wouldn't it work on you? You're a proud genis right? Are you I can't tell when your brain is tinier than my pinky toenail. So what do you think happened?" I asked. Kate looked confused and then a scowl crept onto her tiny face. "Azumi!" she chirped. "If you guessed I didn't give you the serum you're right. You got plain old bottled water. Wanna know why? A few reasons really. For one you threatened Marcus I I love him. Yeah you said you won't hurt him but be honest. We both know that was a lie. You'd kill him and make up some story like you accidentally stepoed on him or something."

 

"I'm not willing to risk your hate and prejudice fuck up my love life as difficult as it sounds. Second, you got a mean streak with these tiny peolle. If it wasn't for me youd killed the whole lot back in Dallas. Now I get it feels fucking amazing to shove one in your pussy or even eat one but I know when to stop. What good is slaves if they're all fucking dead. And lastly and most important so listen up. Why play second fiddle to a goddess when you can be the only one? All my life I've been critiqued about ehat to do. What to say. How I look. That's a self esteem killer you know? This way I can be number one and have everyone worship me...even you. Kate The pretty genius blonde. Your IQ ain't gonna help you now" I said. Kate ran to me and I easily pushed her on her back. I strattled her chest to pin her. "I wouldn't move around too much. You just gave birth and you don't want to cause internal bleeding. By the way, your son needs a name. I'll be generous and let you name him...if you still can" I said. She eyed me coldly. "Bra...Brandon" she stammered. "Brandon. That's a nice name."

 

"Let's clean up Brandon and get him fed" I said. Kate was totally useless for the first part. I changed her baby which was slightly fussy. "Now you need to feed him. Those tiny tits won't produce much milk for him now but it's important for his immunity. Hope he won't crush you" I said placing her in his small grasp. Instinct is a marvel. Thr boy hugged his shrunken mother tightly and latched onto her small breasts. She was so small both fit in his mouth. Kate groaned in slight pain as he suckled her. It only lasted a minute before she was drained. Thr boy started crying from his dry well of breast milk. I pulled her away from him and Kate just sobbed cradling ehr sore tits. Just for a moment I felt sorry for her. "I'm going to look around for something else for him. Did you know this place even has a maternity ward? Yep in the far back. Bound to have powdered formula there. If I was you Kate, I'd try to bond as much as possible with him. No doubt for the first three years he'll think I'm his mommy. Just a thought" I said.

"F...fuck....you...bitch" she stammered. "Well that's a hard word to say. Im proud of you Kate. As time goes on thought we will have to work on that attitude of yours" I said leaving her. I climbed back on Thr tbsle to check on my boys. Naka had just woken up as did Marcus. "Morning guys. Hungry?" I asked. Both nodded. "Azumi?" Marcus asked. "Yeah it worked. I'm not as small as you guys. It'll take time for my cells to replace the damaged ones but I should grow back to normal" I said. "Kate?" he asked. "Ah yeah that. Same as you. She won't bother you again if she knows better. She's in a bad mood so I'd steer clear from ehr for now. Later on we csn celebrate. How does an orgy sound?" I asked. Marcus eyes went wide I cupped his balls and he groaned. His small cock grew. I licked my lips. "Take that as a yes. And you Naka are invited of course" I said forcing my tongue into his tiny mouth. Marcus yeleld my name. "Sorry I forgot to tell you. I can't be a one-man girl. But don't worry. You're my number one oksy?" I said. Marcus was struck silent. Like he never thought I was capable of any of this. Honestly I didn't either. Then again all it takes is some self confidence and you can do anything.

 

One year later...

 

"Dear diary. It's been one year since I decided to begin writing in you. A year since I cured myself and Brandon of the virus. I look back and wonder how I got so many things done in just a year. It took two months for me and Brandon to grow back to normal. Taking care of a baby is incredible. Even more so if he's yours.  Yeah imagine my surprise when I found out I was pregnant myself. I'd been so busy taking care of everyone I didn't notice I missed my period. A three inch man knocked me up when I was just a foot tall. One for the record books for sure. As that life grew in me I began making the lives of survivors better here. I began collecting them and having them live in the Georgia Dome downtown. Far easier to protect them this way. As you'd think it wasn't easy. Huddled in grocery stores, schools, and even a greenhouse at Walmart. Most wanted to fight me right away. I crushed and ate a few quickly to show they couldn't win. Then they worshipped me. I transported them again and again."

 

"By the time I decided to stop I had collected over 50,000 of them. Crazy right? But what I loved most of all they worshipped me completely. They saw how much I cared for them. Now that's not to say there wasn't problems after getting them all together. They were tribalistic like so many others and that caused conflicts. Thr blue tribe fought the gold tribe. I ended it by eating both leaders and their sons. Extreme yes but necessary. One man would kill another for a woman and he would end up in my belly. Rape on the other had I didn't punish. Hate myself for that but a necessary evil. Marcus and Naka have been so great at dealing with being both my lovers. Marcus however knows he has a special place in my heart seeing how he's the father of my baby. How nervous he was when I went into labor! So cute! The female sect of what I call the "Azumi worshippers" had to restrain him. Yes, there were sects. Male, female, and even a youth sect. Somehting I had to get over was the stigma of bisexuality. The old ways needed to die and to promote harmony I allowed it to an extent. As long as they bore kids they could fuck as much and who they pleased."

 

"Bradon loves them all but I have to be careful. He almost crushed Marcus last month. He was learning to walk and fell. Marcus was nearly flattened by tons of baby butt. Funny when saying it this way. Naka wishes he could give me a baby. He said so himself. Ive learned more or their language so it's easier to talk to thrm. I plan to study in vitro fertilization in the coming year. There's enough equipment in the city for it. A dream but a possible one. What can I say about Kate? Thr first 6 months were rough for her. Brandon was milking her and tossing ehr away like a baby bottle. He didn't even see her as a person. She went so far as to try to kill herself. It was Marcus that saved her when she cut her wrist with a sliver of broken glass. When she saw who saved her she shut down. I found myself taking pity on her. I made sure she had the best food and clothes. Still catatonic. I cradled her and showed affection telling her that I regretted some of what I said to her in the past. Eventually she did come around.”

 

“Two months ago I went into labor and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. I asked Kate to name her. She was astounded I’d even ask. “Ya?” she asked. I nodded. Kate petted the cooing baby and sighed. “Dana” Kate said. “Hear that sweetie? Your godmother named you Dana” I said. Kate looked up at me and cried her heart out. I think she finally understood that our feud was over. None of it mattered anymore. So here I am writing to maybe ease my conscience about what I did and keep doing or maybe I’m hoping Brandon and Dana will read this and understand why things are this way. Maybe some forward thinking here but their kids too” I pinned as sat on my throne.

 

Brandon and Dana are both asleep. A rarity for them at the same time. “Azumi. Dana okia?” Marcus asked. “Yeah she’s asleep next to Brandon. Could you do me a favor? My feet hurt from all the walking today” I said. Marcus smiled and massaged my toes. I heard Naka running up to us. “Naka what you been up to?” I asked. Naka shrugged as he got close to my feet. He straddled my big toe on my left foot. I flexed my ankle and he laughed as he rode my toe. “You can be silly at times” I giggled. My fun was interrupted my two men pushing a man forward. “What’s this about?” I asked. “Kil fema. Ota man fema” one said. “You telling me this boy here killed someone else’s girl?” I asked. Both men nodded. The by in question looked no older than 18. He was bruised so he put up a fight. I quickly snatched him up. “Why?” I asked. “Man fuk Lana!” he yelled. “So you caught someone fucking your girl and you killed him?” I asked. He slowly nodded. “You know the law about murder” I said. He began sobbing. I pushed him into my mouth and sucked off his loincloth. I spat it out before swallowing him whole. The two men below bowed to their goddess and left. I sat there feeling him struggle inside me.

 

Marcus could see I was upset. He climbed up my leg to talk. He sat in my lap. “Azumi okia?” he asked. “Not really. About this time last year, I did something to make sure I’d never feel insecure or unimportant ever again and now that I’m a person beloved my thousands, it feels…lonely. There. He just stopped moving. You saw me eat that kid right? He killed someone because some guy fucked his girl. I get why he did it. Jealousy is a bitch. Just like how I was jealous of Kate. I think she forgives me but who knows. Marcus am I doing the right thing or am I just kidding myself with a power trip?” I asked him. “Azumi. Y…you…good. N...not…perfect. Azumi…be” he stammered concentrating. It took all he had to say that. “Thanks Marcus.  Guess you’re right. I’ll never be perfect but I do know I’m loved and I guess that’s worth more than feeling important” I said. Marcus nodded. As I looked over the thousands moving around on the floor with their day I learned that I’ll never be what I want to be and…that’s just fine. What’s important is I know that I try.

 

 

Azumi Takiyama is a girl that learned a valuable lesson. It’s not what others think of you that define who you are it’s what you yourself believe who you are.

 

Chapter End Notes:

It's almost here! The last episode! In the last episode we will meet a girl who escapes her dreary life in books...literally. See what we mean in the last episode"Bookmarked".