- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Reviews will help a new story contributor improve his writing skills so please do so. I promise to try my best to make this a good story.
This story will have many perspectives so please enjoy!
"Proof. There's always proof about a murderer's intent, scientific laws, formulas, and mathematical theorems all have proofs. That's just the way things work. Solid evidence is the only thing that matters in this world today. Hard facts should be taken seriously, not the words of others who claim something but can't show it. So why is religion so important to others if they can't prove that their deities exist? Have they even heard or spoken to their so called 'Creators'? Why can't these people accept that gods are as real as fairy tales? As soon as they realise and accept it, they can live much more freely and be less restrained by laws that have been passed down from generation to generation without ever knowing when or who declared them!" This conversation took place inside of Robert Maloney's head as he drove to his mother's new house from the lab.

The sky was pitch black, and the country side road was almost terrifying to traverse as the rain fell heavily on Robert's black 1969 Mustang with a white stripe from the hood to the rear bumper. His beloved car that he received as a gift from his father after achieving his academic accolades, doctorates in the fields of astrophysics astronomy(observational and theoretical), and a bachelor of nuclear physics and theoretical quantum mechanics with a diploma in computer sciences. Robert remembered what his father told him on his graduation ceremony:"Son, 11 years of you sitting your ass down in the library has made you one hell of a hard working and honest man. I can't have my son going to NASA or what not in heap of junk or even worse, a taxi so in honour of your dedication I got you a real man's car! Well done son!"

"Oh shit!", said Robert as he swerved to the other side of the road due to the huge flash of light that had appeared in front of his car.

"Probably a close lightning bolt that struck the other side of the road.", Robert convinced himself.

"I should stop at the next motel for the night. Its too dangerous to ride through the night."

So with his mind made up, Robert drove further down the road and stopped by Lady Theresa's Bed and Breakfast. He took out his phone to call his mother and tell her that he would probably arrive in the afternoon tomorrow as he wouldn't be able to drive through the storm. He apologised as he knew that his mother had eagerly wanted to see him but she sympathised with him and told him that she would wait as long as was needed as long as she could see her only son.

Robert hasn't seen his mother for almost a year since he last visited her, a few months after, after that tragedy. He loved his mother very much. He could still remember his last visit clearly.

Robs' last visit:
The house Robert walked up to was a small, double storey house in Queens. The house was white, with a neatly cut front lawn and an old, rusting garage door on the right side of the house. He walked up to the brown door and walked into his child hood home and saw his mother standing behind it.

"How you feeling mom?" Asked Robert as he walked into the house he grew up in for probably the last time.

"Just fine sweet heart. I found a buyer for the house. He came by a week ago. Said he would take good care of it as well."

"…"

"I know you didn't want me to sell it but, but I just…",Mary-Anne faltered as she began sobbing.

He came over to her and gave her a hug."I understand mom, I understand. I'm sure dad would have wanted you to sell it." said Robert as he tried to comfort his mother. "Remember that one summer in LA when he wanted us to move to that beach house? That white, triple storey one?",he asked his mother.

Mary-Anne calmed down a bit and began laughing as she replied,"He was willing to move us in there that very same summer saying that the beach house makes our house look like a small apartment ," she stopped laughing and continued,"but he did love this house though. Took great care of it and us."

"Yeah he did. So where you gonna live mom? You could always stay with me until you're comfortable to move out."

"No that's not necessary. I have to do this now besides I found a nice, cozy place already Rob and its close to Glen Trees' Mountain Range so I've got a nice view of the vegetation on the side. So don't worry about me okay? I'll be fine.", said Mary-Anne reassuringly.

"Okay mom but if you need anything just call me. When am I gonna see this place anyway?",asked Robert.

"When everything in here has been moved or placed in storage and everything at my new place is organised and ready."

"Okay ma. Can I ask you something?"

"Of course honey."

"Where did dad say he was before…"

"He said he was somewhere in some forest in Europe, uhm in Italy yes."

"Okay thanks mom. So, I'm heading out now. Bye mom.", Robert said as he hugged his mother.

She replied,"Bye Rob.", as she hugged him back.

As Robert was walking out he thought to himself,"The police reported that he was in France…".
End of memory scene.

After signing in the motel with the manager, Robert got his keys to room 38 and ordered a prime steak with mashed potatoes and fries. Robert was an athletically, well built man standing at 6 feet tall with jet black, spiky hair and a handsome face. He plays football regularly with his friends and has a strict gym programme but his fast metabolism and active life allows him to eat foods he enjoys regularly but he likes eating healthy. He has a friend in the lab Tania, but he's not entirely sure if she is his girlfriend or if he is sitting in the friend zone as they had occasionally shared moments better attributed to friends with benefits but neither of them really initiated the first step to a relationship.

As he was about to sleep he checked his phone for any messages from a specific contact of his. "I'm going to find out what happened to you dad and I'm going to find out what the cops know as well. I promise."

Back at the lighting strike scene that almost cooked Robert, a set of foot prints could be seen in the soil leading to the forest and the mountain range far ahead. A large man, about 8 feet tall, wearing a toga and gladiator sandals walked to the left side of the mountain and waved his hand up at the side. His hand glowed white and a small infinity sign glowed in front of his hand. That same part of the mountain opened and led into a tunnel he walked into and the door closed behind him with the infinity symbol disappearing.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review to tell me what you think so far and uhm anything else really if you want to. I promise that things will get interesting if they aren't already*wink wink*.