- Text Size +

Darron had just opened up his mail and saw his lawyer had sent him an update on his divorce filing.  He anxiously ripped open the yellow envelope and unfolded the three page document.

"Dear Mr. Stone I regret to inform you your divorce filing is unable to be processed without the direct written consent of your wife Mrs. Stone. The court recognizes your difficult situation and understands the legal rights you have but due to circumstances not normal to the basic they have little choice but to deny you your request.

I have refiled on your behalf to get another hearing with the judge but she has informed me the next available date is over one year away. My personal advice is to somehow get written permission from your wife Mrs. Stone, if this is out of the question I regret to inform you of the chances of success being below ten percent.

 

I will continue to work for your cause if you wish but the legal bills will rise with each subsequent denial and with your recent job issues I believe this may be folly. If you wish to review the revised marriage rules regarding your situation I have enclosed them and highlighted the sections you want to review.

 

My offices are open Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm and you can fax or call me at the numbers on my buisness card. If I am unavailable please leave a message with my secretary or my voicemail.

 

 

 

   -Max Portman Attourney at law-

 

Darron felt his face flush with anger as he ripped the paper in half cursing his lawyers name. After more than 10,000 dollars this is all he could procure! He flipped through the subsections in blue and read the revised codes referenced in the letter.

 

Subsection C-12378 Blue Delta,  Any marriage taken in oath within a year of the included parties ascension will make any claim of hardship needing an immediate seperation is denied. The two parties will further be reassigned as a willing and needed companion to the above person who has risen above past stature. In addition the Beta will be put under the guardianship of the Alpha and take the Alpha's given name which will be put into effect on said date. The Beta must obtain the permission of the Alpha to seperate or obtain any legal identification.

 

Section 18976 Beta

 

The Beta will be further called by the name the Alpha has decreed to name them. In accordance with the companion rules passed by the Senate and Supreme Court any ascended ctizen will be assigned a new home in a special neighborhood where any comforts within reason will be afforded to them. These comforts include companions ( pets, family, or fiances and or husbands and willing boyfriends.)

 

Darron screamed as he attempted to read through the legal bull. It was worded in such a way that the paperwork alone would cost him another 10,000 dollars he no longer had. Pulling out lumps of hair Darron began to lose his composure.

He ran into his customized kitchen and pulled out one of the butter knives. This was the sharpest thing he could find and as he was about to scar himself in an attempt to force Misty to let him go he felt his body go numb as a gigantic hand gently wrapped around him after administering a sedation. Long pedicured gentle fingers wrapped around his torso like a blanket.

Pulling him out of his customized home the twenty four year old pale skinned beauty brought him to her face to inspect him for any damages. Her green eyes scanned him for any abrasions or cuts and aside from a few scratches on his face and some missing hair he seemed relatively unharmed.

 

His physical body was unharmed but she feared a damge invisible to her and out of her reach as a medical student. His mind was the thing needing mended and she had no idea how to fix this as she didn't know how to comfort him.

She remembered the sweet caring man who had courted her through high school, the young man who would call her every day letting her know how much he cared. The young man who worked so hard to win her had now turned into a depressed seemingly bitter man who recoiled at her touch.

 

Was it so hard living with her now? Was she so different than she was back then? She knew emotionally and mentally she had not changed much but her physical stature had gone through quite a literal growth last year after learning she had contracted the Bloom as the ladies started calling it. Being a medical student the causes were still somewhat foreign to her but the basis of the diagnosis was the formation of the XX chromosome which made the human female. In rougly 10 percent of females born after 1990 the second X contained a clump of gentetic extra which could consume energy gathered by a rare meteorshower that once scattered throughout the atmosphere exploded and the remains of this cosmic energy was sucked into the bodies and used as a dose of Human Growth Hormone.

 

The last bit sounded like a bad SCI Fi movie but alas here she stood at eighty feet tall.

 

Life seemed to begin for her there as she felt her shy self feel like she could show the beauty and courage she lacked before. No she didn't become some mindless monster mash movie villian or did she hate men and want to destroy them.

 

Her one and true desire was to provide her husband who had supported her through school and made her always feel like the center of his world. She accepted the governments payout and relocation which was constructed amzingly quickly without consulting Darron.

 

She scooped him up and assumed he would love this as he always loved her. It was her turn to protect him and give him a life where he didn't need to work.

 

Looking at him now she realized sh had no idea what he really wanted other than a divorce which to her was out of the question. What good was power and money if you couldn't share it with the ones you love? She had to leave her family and friends which was hard but having Darron there seemed to make it liveable.

 

Misty needed answers on what to do and she knew who to ask.