- Text Size +
Joe was a shy fifteen year old boy, who enjoyed anything that any other teenage boy liked, football, video games, and girls. But there was one girl that he had a real interest in. Sian was a shy girl like Joe, but not as shy. Like Joe, she enjoyed sports, even though she wasn't as good as she thinks. In Joe's eyes, she was the perfect girl. He loved everything about her, despite her having a fairly flat chest. Since the day that he had moved to her primary school and set eyes on her, he'd been wanting to ask her out, but never found the guts to pop the question.
6 years later, and the two had never really spoken to each other much, only on a few occasions where they'd be paired together in class or if Sian needed some help with her maths homework.
Anyway, shall we get to the story part?
It's the last day before school breaks up for a week. Joe and Sian were both in the same science class, listening to their teacher blabber on about something boring and extremely uninteresting. A few moments before the bell rang, the teacher grabbed his chalk stick and wrote two words onto his blackboard that would make any kid puke. 'Class Project' was underlined boldly as the entire class exploded into a series of dreary moans and groans. He then mentioned that students will be put into groups of three, and will spend the week off, creating a 10 power point presentation on the carbon cycle. The entire class groaned again.
He then grabbed a piece of paper and began reading out the names of the groups he had picked. A few groups in, and both Joe and Sian were still to be called out. The more people got called out, the more he leaned forward in his seat, hoping to be called out in a group with Sian. Group 5, Sian...... Joe was almost standing that he was so nervous. Before the teacher read out the second name, he paused, squinting down at the paper in his hands. He then reached across his desk to grab his glasses.
This entire ordeal suddenly became more nerve racking for Joe to handle. He bit his nails as far as they would go, tapped the floor with one foot, his other was shaking. His lips were also mouthing his name, praying that the next word his teacher said would be his name.
"Sorry about that class" the teacher spoke trying to focus on where he'd left off. ".... Er, with Sian is Joe......"
Joe's eyes widened with shock. He slowly sat back in his chair taking in what had happened. The inside of his head went off like a bunch of fireworks going off at a New Years party. He succeeded in keeping his emotions inside, to draw any unwanted attention from him. All that was next to come was the final person to be called for his group. At that moment, Joe didn't give the furry hair of a rats ass who was in the group. So long as it wasn't.....
"And Rose will be in that group."
Oh dear.
Joe's dream group suddenly dropped in excitement within seconds. Why did Rose have to come in and ruin Joe's plans. I should probably explain the frustration. Rose and Sian were best friends and have been forever. However for no reason at all, Rose is always really mean to him. She tries to make Sian want to hate him as well. Basically, Rose is one of the primary reasons why Joe hasn't told Sian how he feels about her. Because they are ALWAYS together, Rose'll just drive him away before Joe could open his mouth.
Once all the groups were organised we all moved into our groups to plan how we would do it.
He started by asking when we should all meet up.
"Let's just get this stupid thing out the way. We'll do it after school today and then if we hadn't finished by the end of the day, you can do it yourself" Rose stated folding her arms and looking away from him. Ignoring her sore attitude, he continued by asking where they should all do it. Rose once again butted in giving no one else a chance to speak. "Well nobody wants to go to your smelly old nerd house, and your certainly not coming round mine so we'll do it at Sian's. Be there at 3:30 nerd or I'll tell the teacher that you didn't do anything during the project." With that, the bell rang and they all left to go to our next lessons. At the end of the day, Joe almost ran home to get put on some antiperspirant and some clean underwear in an act to impress Sian, and not even witches like Rose would keep him from his dearest princess.