- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

That moment when erotica isn't erotic. Curse you, plot!

The sounds of sex happening in another room is not a particularly easy thing to ignore, even less so when you’re not getting any. This, compounded with the fact that you’ve had a not insignificant sliver of your sexual orientation flipped in a--possibly--dark ritual, while the rest of your urges now settle on the shoulders of one man who obviously is getting some, is enough to grate on a person.

 

Everyone in the sorority house was feeling it. Feeling the pressure, as it were, and Ashley for one wasn’t having any of it. That piece of shit Janet. Why the fuck did she get to, well, you know? Yes, they’d all discussed it and voted in traditional ΓΤΣ form, but it’s not as if it was fair, like, cosmically fair, y’know? Heck, they’d just recently formed the dang sorority. It wasn’t even a member of the NPC yet, and it likely never would be. It’s not like their rules and five-week-old ‘traditions’ really meant anything if they weren’t all fine with it. She was pretty sure Janet had just bulldozed through everyone like she always did.

 

Ashley didn’t think much about Meredith, her thoughts a jumble when considering the girl with emerald eyes. Meredith was there, yes, Ashley knew that much. In fact, she could vaguely remember Meredith being a part of her short college career from the start as a generally benign figure, but there was something…

 

Fuck Janet. That shit was not copacetic.

 

She, Ashley R. Horner, like many Ashleys was blonde, and more importantly was not going to take this sitting down. She had seen Election and found Tracy Flick of the first act to be a compelling and reasonable role-model, if a bit of a caricature. Her cunt demanded better! Every girl there’s cunt deserved better, not to mention Ivan, poor, sweet Ivan, who really ought to be filling her up right about now, poor, sweet Ivan whose only crime was that she hadn’t yet made him hers! Gosh and by golly, she wouldn’t just wait around. Janet might think she can just unilaterally decide she gets to have him, but oh, boy, she was going to get it, and Ashley knew just what to do.

 

She’d just get all the other girls to see how unfair the vote to get him first had been. They’d see. She’d make them see. Of course she could count on Hannah and Syeda to go along with her. Syeda would do what she said, and Hannah would do what Syeda said, and then the rest would fall in line like a house of cards or something very similar and clever. But they’d need to take decisive action first. They’d have to help Ivan escape the other two.

 

Why was she thinking like that? Her memories of Ivan involved doing normal things. Well, weird things recently, but that was just because of the Book. Normal things like moving normal objects like cereal boxes above her head, so why did she have this odd feeling he was only slightly bigger than her hand? Magic was odd stuff, and so was that fucking piece of work, Janet. She couldn’t get sidetracked. But to be fair, Ivan liked that stuff too, and so did she, now.


Syeda, her roommate, was giving her a look. Ashley realized her face’d been doing that thing again, that thing she’d gotten sent to the child psychologist for, that twitchy thing; and composed herself, flashing what she knew to be a winning smile. It wasn’t.

Chapter End Notes:

Unrelated to the story, but I'm having this weird issue where I can add emphasis (underline, bold, italics) in the tinyMCE editor, but it gets lost when I publish a chapter. Anyone know how to fix that?