- Text Size +

Duke stared at the rat intently. The chemistry lab he had set up in his student apartment left no room for any additional roommates, aside from the test rats he stored. This rat in particular recently received a drop of the serum designed to shrink in vivo tumors. The rat also had a large mass on its back, still unchanging after the drop was administered.

 

This serum was the magnum opus of his current life’s work. This was the ticket to reversing cancer. He quietly toiled away every day from the day in his early years when he learned the process of gene splicing and recombinant DNA. He had an antiserum developed as well, analogous to what the rat received but would work to combat the effects of the serum, just in case.

 

This has to work.

 

His staring was broken after hearing a text on his phone from Sophie. He knew she was at the sorority dinner. He hoped that the text brought some good news.

 

“I think I’m in for the next stage at least. This dinner is taking forever. I’m probably going to delete this text afterwards since I wouldn’t be surprised if they look through our phones as well. If you don’t hear from me, that’s why. Just wanted to let you know.”

 

She sent another text, with an image attached of her and her outfit. He felt bad for immediately staring at the tightness of the dress where her breasts were, for noticing how they were ever-so-slightly popping up over the top of the dress. He could feel himself getting more erect as he viewed the image. There was never any doubt that he found Sophie very sexually appealing and had longed for an opportunity to make it known. 

 

A third text popped up. “Ha, do you think I slutted it up enough for tonight?”

He shook off the arousal enough to text back, “Nah. That dress looks like it completely covers your ass. Needs more leg, you prude.” Man, what if she hiked up her skirt even more to prove me wrong? Or an upshot pic? The thought alone excited him. He needed to focus on his research, but it proved difficult when he had an erect penis tenting his pants.

 

Duke turned back to his test rat to put him away for the time being, or at least he turned to where his test rat should have been

 

Oh shit. Did he run off somewhere?

 

He looked around the desk until he noticed a ruffling among the cedar chips that lined the cage. Upon further inspection, he jumped back in sheer astonishment. What?! But how?! The back tumor remained intact on the rat, but the rat itself had shrunken down to a tenth of its initial size. Duke grabbed the antiserum and dropped it onto the small speck that was the rat. It took a few more minutes, but the rat eventually grew back to its normal size, seemingly normal.

 

What have I stumbled upon? This isn’t curing cancer, but it is the breakthrough I’ve been working for! I can make millions off of this!

Another text popped up. “Haha, whatever. Next time, try to offer some *actual assistance*.”

 

Maybe I can…

 

Duke hesitated. I’m a man of science. This has been vastly successful for this rat I’ve tested on, but there has been no human testing. I can’t just subjugate myself to this just to help a friend out. He was worried though. He had not heard back from her all night. Duke sat at his lab bench, holding both serum bottles in his hand. I’m sure Sophie’s okay. They’re probably just making them run or find boys out in the street or something. He pulled up Sophie’s picture she had sent earlier, feeling his heart start to race again.

 

If I take this serum, I can sneak into the sorority house and get further eye witness accounts for her, especially in areas they do not allow pledges. I could help her with her story, and she would have to see how much I care about her. Besides, I have the antiserum if things go wrong.

 

He sniffed the serum and looked at the rat again, playing in the test area as if nothing was wrong.

 

The phone lit up with another text from Sophie. It was a selfie of her pouty face with a message reading, “This is such a long night. I have to do this though. I have to take these bitches down. This means so much to me…” Her red lipstick accented her pouty lips.

 

No, I need to try. For Sophie.

 

He hopped into his truck and drove over to the adjacent street of the notorious Gamma Theta Sigma sorority house. In his rearview, he saw a crowd of girls down the road, making their way toward the building. That’s them. He got out of his car casually started walking around the other side of the large sorority house. Once he was out of sight, he took a deep breath.

 

Here goes nothing!

Duke took a swig of the serum. Nothing happened immediately. Then he felt a warmth rush over his body. A tingling sensation began to wash over him. He watched his appendages begin to slowly shrink. The shirt he wore felt heavier and heavier. Suddenly his hand grasping the antiserum had become too small to wrap around the vial, causing the vial to fall into the grass by the sidewalk. Hm. I’ll need some help with opening that later.            

 

Eventually, his clothing started to slowly slide off, starting with his shirt and pants, followed by his socks and underwear. I guess I didn’t anticipate the nudeness. Fortunately I’ll be too small for people to notice. By the time the tingling stopped, he was as tall as the street curb, roughly 5 or 6 inches by Duke’s best estimation. Cloaked by the darkness and trimmed grass, he began running to the house. What normally would have taken 20 seconds to walk to the ledge made for a five minute jog. He knew that Sophie and the rest of Gamma Theta Sigma would take a while to get to the house at the pace they were walking. He just needed to find a way in.