- Text Size +
Story Notes:

In case you haven't noticed, with Labor Day and now Thanksgiving, both Choreo and I are red-blooded Americans. 

Now, with the holiday season coming up, Choreo has a handle on Christmas, but . . . neither of us are Jewish, I have zero clue what Kwanzaa even IS, et cetera, et cetera. However, I'd like to give people who do celebrate holidays that aren't celebrated by American sort-of Christians (I don't practice, and I'm not so rude as to ask Choreo if he does) a chance for their stuff to shine. So, please contact me if you want to do a Holiday With the Pantheon, and I might be able to help you plan it.

That said, given that I haven't had a Thanksgiving in years (disowned when I was a teenager, c'est la vie), I might have forgotten things and gotten details wrong. Please tell me if I have, because I don't wanna look stupid on top of everything else.

Dark took a sniff, absolutely loving the smell of food on the air. If there's one thing that the Goddess of Darkness loves about the holiday season, it's that everything smells delicious in the human world.

She turned to the other deities, her brothers and sisters, who she'd dragged down to Earth for the day. "Thanksgiving! Isn't it such a wonderful day?" She asked, her rhetorical question expressing enough glee to make just about anyone agree.

Anyone, that is, except Nature, who turned up her nose at the whole affair. "As if humans needed to set aside a day to stuff their faces," she scoffed, having taken her shapeshifting skills to resemble a certain popular actress- she just loved feeling sexy, and given the obsession many hold for this woman in particular, Nature had gotten a few stares as the Pantheon traveled about to Dark's surprise destination- a rather nice three-story villa on a mountainside.

Dark puffed out her cheeks in annoyance, but Judgment interjected, as well. "I cannot believe I am saying this, but I agree with Nature. I have a massive queue of sinners up for reevaluation, and they are currently waiting in line doing nothing! And that is not even discussing the millions who will indubitably die today!"

Innovation stepped up, as well. "And without me providing inspiration, no one will be able to come up with an original thought today!" He whined in stark contrast to his usually insufferably superior tone.

Light decided to intervene before Dark got mad- the last time someone had ruined a day for her, the radiant deity had spent hours bound and left to suffer. "Now, now, certainly we can put aside our jobs for a day while we enjoy the banquet Dark set up for us," she placated, her eyes darting to her pale sibling to check if this command for control was working. 

Aqua and Zephyr grumbled, as they had had the same idea simultaneously- that their jobs were important to the continuation of life on the planet. 

Dark sighed. "Yes, well!" She powered forward, her optimism dented but not depleted, "Before we dig in, let's all start by saying what each of us is thankful for!"

Youth, for (currently) her part, paused with a fork in her mouth. "Brrfrr?" She mumbled, her speech muffled with the meat in her mouth.

Nature, ignoring this, spoke up yet again. "I'm thankful that this idiotic day will be over soon, so I can get back to my job, and possibly get laid in the next century!" The Goddess growled, beginning to glow a forest green as her divine power seeped through. 

Time seemed to stop as Dark stood, and the rest of the Pantheon looked back and forth between the two Goddesses. "Can we please just have a nice day for once," Moderation murmured, the overly-sensitive god already beginning to tear up.

"Yes, we will, in just a moment," Dark soothed her brother without taking her eyes off of Nature. "Light! You lead everyone in the usual happy thoughts as I have a . . . talk with Nature up in the Chambers. Be back soon," she said offhandedly, snapping her fingers and causing the two Goddesses to disappear in wisps of black smoke.

Light, not wanting to disappoint her twin, began speaking even though Dark was already gone. "I, personally, am thankful for each and every one of my sisters and brothers . . ."

---------

The two Goddesses stared one another down, silvery eyes meeting forest-green ones. "Would you mind telling me why you're ruining the holiday for everyone else?"

"I think it's idiotic," Nature huffed. "They glorify eating so much, more than they could ever need, and pretend this day is about being thankful for what they have. It's so infuriating I'm tempted to obliterate them for their insolence," she began growing angrier.

Dark silenced her sister by putting a single finger on the Goddess of Nature's lips. "Humans are contradictory creatures, love," she purred, staring into Nature's eyes with promise of sated desire. "Much about them doesn't make sense, but they live for pleasure . . . self-gratification. I believe you had said something at dinner . . . something about getting laid?"

Nature nodded, either not having caught Dark's implication or outright ignoring it. "I've been recently trying to capture a certain mortal's attentions . . . but they have that infuriating concept of monogamy . . . I'm beginning to question this infatuation, but damn it all I can't help it."

Dark decided to go the long route to make Nature cooperative. "Tell me . . . why don't you just enjoy the meal I prepared? I did spend a few days in human form, cooking the banquet before ovens and stoves and all manner of human devices- that cranberry sauce is handmade, by MY hands," she sighs, trying to sound like an overworked housewife. 

Nature shrugged. "I hadn't thought of your efforts, sister. All I saw before me were the trappings of a wasteful human culture. Besides . . . I am not hungry."

Dark grinned devilishly. "What if I told you that I could make you hungry?"

Nature once again scoffed. "And what could you do to-"

Dark shrouded her sibling in shadow, giving a deep-tissue massage without so much as laying a hand on her. "You know, Nature, you may style yourself a Love Goddess due to your creation of the sexual being . . . but I am not referred to as the Lady of Sensual Shadow for no reason," Dark purred, her voice made husker by her intent.

"Dark . . ." Nature whimpered in pleasure, chills racing through her body as Dark's shadows played with every available nerve ending. "This is not fair," she whined half heartedly, not putting up any real resistance to her elder sibling's questing for pleasure. 

"Fair? Do you want me to satisfy you, or do you want me to be fair?" Dark asked playfully, continuing to play with Nature using her shadow.

"Point," Nature said gruffly, her raiment of vines, leaves, and flowers untangling and planting itself on command. She stepped forward, and Dark embraced her sister with gusto.

With both her body and her ever-present shadow, Dark teased all over Nature's body, playing with her divine sister. "Go on, say it . . . I have learned the art of leading one up to release, and then . . . nothing."

As if on cue, Nature's breathing quickened to the point where it was extremely evident an orgasm was near- and then Dark stopped playing across her body, and bound her limbs with shadow so she could not satisfy herself. "I . . . want you to satisfy me, Dark," Nature said once she could catch her breath, her cheeks burning in embarassment and arousal.

"Good," Dark purred, plunging shadow constructs into Nature's Goddesshood and ass simultaneously, which was enough to push her over the edge. "For a self-proclaimed Love Goddess, you're surprisingly easy to satisfy with vanilla sex," the pale goddess teased, thinking on the kinky things she's watched and done over the millennia.

"Sh- shut up," Nature panted and stuttered- Dark had worked her up again, in a very short time. "Y-you've made your point, I can eat . . ."

Dark's self-satisfied grin grew only wider, her glimmering silver eyes sparkled more with intent. "I'll not have that. I'm going to need you starving," the Shadow Goddess replied cheekily, "as I made a feast more than suited for us."

Nature, seeing where this was going even as Dark pushed her to a second orgasm in an uncannily short span of time, looked nervous. "Don't . . . don't humans have this thing called 'leftovers'?" The question was asked so lightly it almost sounded as if Nature's question was actually unsure, instead of simply being asked in a nervous attempt to get free of Dark's shadowy constructs.

Dark's grin turned simply vicious at this. "That's a stupid human custom, anyway."

---------

Hours of Dark's intense pressing for Nature's pleasure later, the younger Goddess was unable to so much as stand, and was desperately craving something to eat, anything would have sufficed. She made ineffectual gurgling noises to convey her need.

Dark's grin had not faded once throughout her manic stimulation of the Nature Goddess, and it was maintained as she heard Nature's struggles to convey a message, any message, to her. Never mind that, with enough divine power, Nature wouldn't have needed sustenance . . . but given how quickly Dark had worn her out, the Shadow Goddess was sure that the idea had simply never come to mind for her shapeshifting sibling. "Hold on. I'll get enough food in your system so that you can walk," she assured, allowing the two of them access to Light's room with a snap of her fingers and a puff of black smoke.

Light had, after consulting Dark, asked for a small supply of sinners who'd simply never be reevaluated, or were too far gone for the Goddess of Judgment to effectively punish. So, Light had secured a supply of human souls perfectly suited as snack food, a "perfect pick-me-up", as the Radiant Goddess would put it. This suited Dark's current needs perfectly. 

She reached into the small box, pulling out a few of the Condemned, as Light referred to them- people who were so terrible Judgment didn't know what to do with them, and not even Dark would defend them. "Open wide," she singsonged to Nature, who complied. Dark dropped a single, thrashing form into Nature's open mouth, who simply swallowed the human down.

Another, and another dropped into Nature's maw, and Dark offhandedly wondered what happened to them inside the Goddess of Nature- it had been determined that Light and Dark simply obliterated their souls on impact with digestive juices, and Judgment used her stomach as a chamber of endless pain, but Dark could not for the life of her remember if Nature had figured out what happened when she ate a human soul.

About a dozen later, Nature unsteadily rose to her feet, and Dark returned the two of them to dinner on Earth. 

---------

" . . . and, lastly, for how beautiful it is this time of year," Moderation finished as Dark and Nature returned, the God of Compromise bowing his head at his sisters' return. "Thank you for that, Nature dear," he added. 

Youth looked utterly bored, and it seemed that someone had been talking so long that Aqua had managed to fall asleep sitting up. "Can we eat now?" The Child Deity asked impatiently, looking at Dark for confirmation.

"One last person needs to say what they're really thankful for," Dark answered with a more gentle smile, nodding at Zephyr to wake Aqua. "Nature, you have the floor."

The Goddess of Nature drew a breath. "I love all of you, even if some of you can be stuffy sometimes," she began, which drew simultaneous indignation from Judgment and Innovation. "I'm thankful for the world we've been managing for the last few millenia. I'm thankful for the generosity of my siblings. And, lastly," she added, a wry grin on her face, "I'm thankful that Dark is so great in bed."

This last drew a hearty "Hear, hear," from all present, excepting Dark herself (who had the decency to blush, her pale features tinted pink).

"Let's just eat already!" Dark said, hilariously in time with Youth.

Chapter End Notes:

Well, that's the last Holiday I'm writing in 2015.

Again, if any of you want to represent your holiday, don't hesitate to ask: Choreo's doing Christmas, and then there's New Year's, but we don't have anything else planned for this year.